• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I just hope it has more BP than Mystical Fire, especially if it's not a variant of Wake Up Slap/Smelling Salts or even Hex.

It's interesting to note that Incineroar and Decidueye have their signature moves match their secondary typing rather than their primary. I wonder why Primarina gets special treatment.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
It's starting to look like that the last Reveal trailer might be the last one until Sun and Moon comes out.. :ohwell: then again they could just be waiting a few days to make when an announcement will be made or going to do a surprise one.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's starting to look like that the last Reveal trailer might be the last one until Sun and Moon comes out.. :ohwell: then again they could just be waiting a few days to make when an announcement will be made or going to do a surprise one.
Maybe, I think it's the last one.

Which if it is, I'm fine, we've gotten plenty and I can't wait to see the rest in the final game.

I think it was the last one. It would be quite fitting: starters revealed in the first trailer and their final evos in the last one.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
We should probably use spoiler tabs for the data mined information since it was not an official reveal by GF.
the lack of speed isn't as big of a concern for me. While it's nice to have fast Pokemon, bulky Pokemon can still be useful. Though I thought that Dugtrio would have been Ground/fairy not Ground/steel and seeing Golem as Rock/electric is kinda cool.. but it trades that 4x of water and grass to just ground though heatran is still in OU with the same 4x weakness.. but that ability is useful..
UB's are going to be Uber as well..

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm satisfied this gen, mostly because my two favorite types are bug and water

And we got plenty of cool bug and water pokemon

Including some that are bug/ water itself, lol.

D

Deleted member

Despite the leaks I'm still hyped for Pokemon Sun and Moon their going to be great seven more days till release looking forward to it.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Despite the leaks I'm still hyped for Pokemon Sun and Moon their going to be great seven more days till release looking forward to it.
Same here. I've already been thinking what tier some of the Pokemon are going to be at since we know everything about them now..

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At least corocoro came and gave us new info. The ubs are pretty cool.

I love the Samurai one.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I missed starter rankings, so here are mine. :p

Grass: Venusaur > Decidueye > Torterra > Chesnaught > Sceptile > Meganium > Serperior
Fire: Emboar > Infernape > Incineroar > Typhlosion > Charizard > Blaziken > Delphox
Water: Samurott > Primarina > Swampert > Greninja > Empoleon > Blastoise > Feraligatr

I almost always go with the Water starter.

D

Deleted member

Water is the only type of which I don't dislike any of the starters. Probably has to do with the fact it's my favorite type.

D

Deleted member

Saw the Corocoro scans that black Pokemon is beastly pretty cool looking. Like that the starters have their own exclusive Z-moves guess that's the secret. Also the two new ultra beasts are great, an origami samurai, and a bamboo priestess as shofu put it. He's right.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
The final event in the Sun and Moon demo is today in case a few users haven't been keeping track of them.. you do get an item from this one and it's one worth getting so get it while you can.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Saw the Corocoro scans that black Pokemon is beastly pretty cool looking. Like that the starters have their own exclusive Z-moves guess that's the secret. Also the two new ultra beasts are great, an origami samurai, and a bamboo priestess as shofu put it. He's right.
Yep, that was the "Big Secret", lol. My original prediction was that but everyone was hyping up multiple forms

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
I guess while I'm here, I decided to look up the new Pokémon info found through the datamine. I like to know about what a Pokémon is strong in before I raise one in-game, so this kinda helped me out in that regard.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's a comet shard so you can get even more money early on and buy more pokeballs

So which terrain effect do you all think will get to see more usage now?
From what I've been hearing, the grass one. Probably electric too.

Misty terrain doesn't sound that great

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
From what I've been hearing, the grass one. Probably electric too.

Misty terrain doesn't sound that great
My guesses would be the psychic terrain and electric. Psychic because stopping priority will be very useful
despite the Nerf to Talonflame and usage of mega Pokemon not being allowed in some tournaments
electric because of Alola Raichu and the potential double team with Tapu Koko.
Grassy terrain does have one thing going for it since the Tapu Bulu can make some good use with it but outside of that I don't think it'll see as much use without Bulu.. though it'll be the same with Electric imo.. psychic seems like the only one people could have multiple uses with in keeping Prankster users away if it also works against status moves.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My guesses would be the psychic terrain and electric. Psychic because stopping priority will be very useful
despite the Nerf to Talonflame and usage of mega Pokemon not being allowed in some tournaments
electric because of Alola Raichu and the potential double team with Tapu Koko.
Grassy terrain does have one thing going for it since the Tapu Bulu can make some good use with it but outside of that I don't think it'll see as much use without Bulu.. though it'll be the same with Electric imo.. psychic seems like the only one people could have multiple uses with in keeping Prankster users away if it also works against status moves.
Yeah, I mean specifically with the tapus.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Is late....

Grass: Sceptile>Torterra>Decidueye>Chesnaught>Venusaur>Serperior>Meganium
Fire: Typhlosion>Blaziken>Charizard>Incineroar>Infernape>Emboar>Delphox
Water: Swampert>Greninja>Blastoise>Primarina>Empoleon>Feraligatr>Samurott

Also notifications tab is fired...

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I feel cheated from the Battle Tree trailer. They showed Cynthia, Red, Blue, and Wally on purpose, so we could get hyped for more previous trainers...And we get Grimsley, Colress, and Anabel. Colress is alright, but of all people Grimsley and Anabel? Grimsley looks like a psychopath and Anabel is a reminder of the battle frontier that never happened (she even uses the Emerald FB theme for icing on the troll cake). Gen 4/5 music sounds very out of place too. I guess PWT set the bar too high....

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I feel cheated from the Battle Tree trailer. They showed Cynthia, Red, Blue, and Wally on purpose, so we could get hyped for more previous trainers...And we get Grimsley, Colress, and Anabel. Colress is alright, but of all people Grimsley and Anabel? Grimsley looks like a psychopath and Anabel is a reminder of the battle frontier that never happened (she even uses the Emerald FB theme for icing on the troll cake). Gen 4/5 music sounds very out of place too. I guess PWT set the bar too high....
Unlike the other Battle Tree trainers, there's a story-related reason that Anabel returns in Sun and Moon, but I'm not going to say what it is for the sake of spoilers.

Grimsley was definitely unexpected, but I can tolerate him since he was a pretty memorable trainer. All I have to say is that his new design makes him look like he got really unlucky with his gambling habit lately.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

5 more days everyone getting the games on release hope you get it that day to everyone getting it later enjoy when you get it. Have fun and hope everyone enjoys the games.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Seems I was wrong about the reveals as we got our last one today and it officially reveals Alolan Diglett and Dugtrio along with the typings of Ground/steel, the starter Z-moves, and 2 Ultra beasts if there's users here who haven't been looking at the data mines..

Also the Magearna seems to be making a qr release on December 6th for those of you in Europe inside a Pokemon TV app..

D

Deleted member

News was great liked the final bit plus the unveil of the starter z-moves, and final ultra beasts. Alolan Diglett and Dugtrio are...Fabulous.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In 24 hours I'll be standing in line to pick up pokemon Sun!

And just a little after that I'll be playing it!

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So how is Pokemon Sun and Moon for everyone who has it so far? I'll be getting it sometime today when it is closer to 12 PM eastern

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not very far, just grinding to evolve my Rowlett

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I just got my game and I'm soft resetting for a female Popplio so I can name it Azura lol I'm currently on the fourth try :c

D

Deleted member

I only completed the first trial so far. I'm currently grinding my Pikachu that I just caught.
As for my current team.... Dartrix, Pikachu, Munchlax, Grimer, Slowpoke and Pikipek.
I'm playing the "catch every Pokemon you run into and don't have" game.

D

Deleted member

Game's amazing so far the characters are memorable animation is top notch, and the Pokemon great. Story seems to be deep good so far. Grinding for the first trail Pokemon on my team so far Rowlet, Grubbin, Trumbeak, and Rattata.

Top Bottom