• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Cool to hear everyone is enjoying it. I probably won't get the game right away. Are there any event Pokémon, like how XY had Torchic and ORAS had shiny Beldum? If so, what's the deadline for redeeming them?

D

Deleted member

Cool to hear everyone is enjoying it. I probably won't get the game right away. Are there any event Pokémon, like how XY had Torchic and ORAS had shiny Beldum? If so, what's the deadline for redeeming them?
There's Munchlax with a Snorlium Z.
Can't remember what's the deadline for redeeming it, though.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
There's Munchlax with a Snorlium Z.
Can't remember what's the deadline for redeeming it, though.
The munchlax event is set to end on January 11th. So there's a lot of time left before it ends.

I'm at the third Island with almost a full team.. I have one of the dancing birds though I'm going to be replacing with something but I don't know what yet..

D

Deleted member

Honestly this feels like the best Pokemon game I've played the island trail challenge new Pokemon, Alola forms, characters the region, Team Skull, the Z-Crystals and Z-Moves it's amazing can't wait to see more.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
2016-11-19.png
2016-11-19 (2).png

...I can waste time for this.

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Apparently there's also a one percent chance that, while in battle, Bagon will call a catchable level ten Salamence to aid it.
Yeah, I saw that, and that is just crazy. Better off with the Bagon, tho.

D

Deleted member

Quick question: how far is the Ice Rock located for having Glaceon ?

Is it found earlier than in the previous generations or not ?

D

Deleted member

Just checked
It's found on Mt. Lanakila. If you want to use a Glaceon, you're out of luck... Than again, I'm gonna wait until I get there to get a Crabominable.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

You could see if someone can evolve it for you if you don't want to wait that too long depending on how far you are.. I'm currently in the post game and have access to the icy rock area so I could help. Though I don't know who else has gotten that far besides someone else on here..

Also one thing I'm going to miss.. having room to breed eggs on lol ORAS had the entire Island and XY had a shorter route but the directional pad still had relevance and made things easier.. :ohwell:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
2016-11-22.png

...I almost want to accept this. When it comes to attacking, Solgaleo's stats are pretty decent. Maybe I can make a mixed set using this IV spread.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
View attachment 121281

...I almost want to accept this. When it comes to attacking, Solgaleo's stats are pretty decent. Maybe I can make a mixed set using this IV spread.
I mean...

Hyper Training is a thing.

You only need certain IV spreads for Hidden Power.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
I mean...

Hyper Training is a thing.

You only need certain IV spreads for Hidden Power.
That requires the Pokémon that I'm training to be Lvl. 100. I really don't want to waste so much time to get to that point, especially considering there isn't much of a quick way to nab tons of exp. points yet, so I'm honestly better off just doing it the old fashioned way.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That requires the Pokémon that I'm training to be Lvl. 100. I really don't want to waste so much time to get to that point, especially considering there isn't much of a quick way to nab tons of exp. points yet, so I'm honestly better off just doing it the old fashioned way.
Leveling Up is also easier this game.

Poke Pelego has made everything so much easier.

It's like Daycare, but without getting rid of the moves.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

...I don't even visit the place that much, if at all.

The islands are unlockable, right?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

Poke pelego is a bit time consuming though. Trying to get enough Beans to upgrade the island is slow especially when your trying to do other stuff on the other islands and use up more beans.. I've just been using one of the post game areas to level up Pokemon for the pokedex..

and apparently there's only one lucky egg in the game unless it's a pickup item but I don't think it is..

D

Deleted member

Another quick question like my previous one: how far I still am in my progress for catching Jangmo-o ?
I've beaten the Dark-type "Island Leader" and about to take down the Aether foundation.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Another quick question like my previous one: how far I still am in my progress for catching Jangmo-o ?
I've beaten the Dark-type "Island Leader" and about to take down the Aether foundation.
Jangmo-o is on the fourth island and in the canyon area (iirc 5%) though I don't know if you can visit it before doing something first since I just went ahead and continued with the story.. but you should be able to get it before the next trial starts.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I may not have Sun or Moon, but I have checked up on the available Pokemon, including Zygarde's new formes. I even had the thought about Comfey being Zygarde's primary teammate for double battles, thanks to Floral Healing being able to restore HP. However, I'm not even certain that Floral Healing gets the Triage treatment, since it does not heal Comfey itself; Bulbapedia states that Triage only gives priority to moves that heal the "user's" HP.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I may not have Sun or Moon, but I have checked up on the available Pokemon, including Zygarde's new formes. I even had the thought about Comfey being Zygarde's primary teammate for double battles, thanks to Floral Healing being able to restore HP. However, I'm not even certain that Floral Healing gets the Triage treatment, since it does not heal Comfey itself; Bulbapedia states that Triage only gives priority to moves that heal the "user's" HP.
I actually thought Floral healing was something like Synthesis or recover not like heal pulse.. I had used it on Showdown thinking it had that effect and ended up healing the opponent.. unfortunately though the only recovery move it actually gets outside of rest is chlorophyll.. :ohwell:
floral healing should have been better :ohwell:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I actually thought Floral healing was something like Synthesis or recover not like heal pulse.. I had used it on Showdown thinking it had that effect and ended up healing the opponent.. unfortunately though the only recovery move it actually gets outside of rest is chlorophyll.. :ohwell:
floral healing should have been better :ohwell:
My thought was that for a double battle, Comfey can use Floral Healing on Zygarde so that it can regain most of the HP that it lost, especially after it changes into its Complete Forme; the Complete Forme would regain as much as 318 HP if its maximum HP is 636. However, if Floral Healing isn't affected by Triage, then that can make it quite hard for Comfey to restore Zygarde's HP if the opposing Pokemon can outspeed Comfey.

At least Comfey can use Synthesis if it has to heal its own HP, and it also has Helping Hand, which can give Zygarde's attacks a bigger punch. In fact, a +6 attack Extreme Speed, combined with Helping Hand, results in a guaranteed 1-hit KO against Mewtwo, which would otherwise be impossible without attack EV investment or a lucky critical hit.

Anyway, the idea is that Comfey would be like a support Pokemon for Zygarde. Healing Zygarde's HP when necessary, giving it a Helping Hand boost, or even weakening opposing Pokemon with Dazzling Gleam so that Zygarde can deliver the finishing blow on the next turn.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dewpider absolutely rocks

Mine is Adamant, but is still 1HKO'ing everything with Scald

Can't wait for it to get Liquidation

Edit: Aquarachnid. I keep saying Dewpider because I like it's name more

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm still rather disturbed by how slow Vikavolt is, because I thought its base speed would be much higher than 43.
Seconded. Vikavolt would've been an awesome Pokemon if it wasn't so slow... What bothers me even more is the fact that Grubbin - its unevolved form - is faster than it.

D

Deleted member

Restarted the game to go with Litten Rowlet, Dartrix, and Decidueye are great but I've grown fond of the cat and will use it, Torracat, and eventually Incineroar.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Seconded. Vikavolt would've been an awesome Pokemon if it wasn't so slow... What bothers me even more is the fact that Grubbin - its unevolved form - is faster than it.
To be fair, Onix outspeeds its evolution Steelix, while Wailord and Wailmer have the exact same base speed. Likewise, Anorith outspeeds Armaldo, so it's not that unheard of for evolutions to have weaker base speed values than their previous forms.

Of course, what's very interesting is knowing that Emboar outspeeds Incineroar, and yet it's slower than Litten and Torracat.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, Onix outspeeds its evolution Steelix, while Wailord and Wailmer have the exact same base speed. Likewise, Anorith outspeeds Armaldo, so it's not that unheard of for evolutions to have weaker base speed values than their previous forms.

Of course, what's very interesting is knowing that Emboar outspeeds Incineroar, and yet it's slower than Litten and Torracat.
That's not really what upsets me. Vikavolt's description in the website states that it moves fast, and it also looks fast.
Grubbin does not.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's not really what upsets me. Vikavolt's description in the website states that it moves fast, and it also looks fast.
Grubbin does not.
Escavalier had a similar dilemma with one of its Pokedex entries. It's as fast as a Torkoal or Slugma.

Also, while Mudsdale's description states that its speed isn't very swift, I was expecting it to be even slower than 35.

But what really baffles me is the Pikipek family. You have Skill Link, and yet there isn't a single Flying-type attack that can deliver 2-5 hits on opponents. Sure, Toucannon can use Beak Blast for its main Flying-type attack, but it is a decreased priority attack, which means that it risks getting KO'd before it has a chance to attack. Also, while Beak Blast can burn direct attackers before it's executed, that can be a bad thing if the attacker has the Guts ability.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Escavalier had a similar dilemma with one of its Pokedex entries. It's as fast as a Torkoal or Slugma.

Also, while Mudsdale's description states that its speed isn't very swift, I was expecting it to be even slower than 35.

But what really baffles me is the Pikipek family. You have Skill Link, and yet there isn't a single Flying-type attack that can deliver 2-5 hits on opponents. Sure, Toucannon can use Beak Blast for its main Flying-type attack, but it is a decreased priority attack, which means that it risks getting KO'd before it has a chance to attack. Also, while Beak Blast can burn direct attackers before it's executed, that can be a bad thing if the attacker has the Guts ability.
I mean, it gets Sheer Force.
That kinda makes up for it I guess but I don't know if it gets any move that gets boosted by Sheer Force.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I mean, it gets Sheer Force.
That kinda makes up for it I guess but I don't know if it gets any move that gets boosted by Sheer Force.
Beak Blast does not have any secondary effects, so it won't get the Sheer Force boost. In fact, most of Toucannon's attacks that do get the Sheer Force boost are quite weak in power, with Steel Wing being its strongest option.

Rock Blast and Bullet Seed do get good benefits from the Skill Link ability though, so it's not a complete loss. Don't bother with Fury Attack though, since it can miss, and five hits would still deal less damage than a full power Return.

D

Deleted member

Vikavolt is pretty slow honestly yeah it's speed should have been better.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'm really disturbed by the fact that my character avatar reacts to nothing. The entire time. No matter what's going on, he remains still in a neutral position. I put reflective blue (team mystic for life) sunglasses on the guy, big mistake. He just seems like this dead eyed emotionless monster with an eternal unmoving semi-grin that goes around beating people up with his pokemon, taking their money, and grunting responses that people interpret however they want.

It doesn't help that Team Skull just seem like a bunch of whiny bug catchers who are specifically a team because they're crappy trainers. And I busted up their home and robbed all of them.

I'm a pokemonster.

That said, for something a little more lighthearted, this sequence:

Salazzle used Flamethrower!

Magneton's STURDY withstood the attack!

Magneton suffered a burn.

Salazzle laughs.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I'm really disturbed by the fact that my character avatar reacts to nothing. The entire time. No matter what's going on, he remains still in a neutral position. I put reflective blue (team mystic for life) sunglasses on the guy, big mistake. He just seems like this dead eyed emotionless monster with an eternal unmoving semi-grin that goes around beating people up with his pokemon, taking their money, and grunting responses that people interpret however they want.

It doesn't help that Team Skull just seem like a bunch of whiny bug catchers who are specifically a team because they're crappy trainers. And I busted up their home and robbed all of them.

I'm a pokemonster.

That said, for something a little more lighthearted, this sequence:

Salazzle used Flamethrower!

Magneton's STURDY withstood the attack!

Magneton suffered a burn.

Salazzle laughs.
Yeah the eyes and face creep me out a bit.. the trainer just stands there emotionless of what's going on around them.. the eyes never widen or shrink and the only time we see the mouth move is during battles while sending Pokemon out occasionally..

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm glad I'm not the only one that wishes the player character showed some more emotion in his/her facial expressions at certain parts of the game. I remember in OR/AS when the player character actually had a change in facial expressions at certain moments, such as an angry expression after defeating Maxie/Archie for the 2nd time and hearing him laugh.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm glad I'm not the only one that wishes the player character showed some more emotion in his/her facial expressions at certain parts of the game. I remember in OR/AS when the player character actually had a change in facial expressions at certain moments, such as an angry expression after defeating Maxie/Archie for the 2nd time and hearing him laugh.
There was a scene where I actually laughed because it felt really emotional and then the avatar was just standing there blankly while everyone reacted.

D

Deleted member

Immersive story, memorable characters, and great Pokemon new and old Pokemon Sun and Moon get a 10/10 from me. Also yeah I wish the player character had more expressions there was so many big moments and at times I was like Seriously do something other then smile.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, I see a lot of new abilities that look like they have potential, but they're given to Pokemon with underwhelming statistics. The Merciless ability seems nice in theory, but the problem is, even with that ability, Toxapex's offenses are rather mediocre. It gets even worse when you know that a good portion of Pokemon can outspeed and 2-hit KO Toxapex before it has any chance to even utilize the Merciless ability.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
You know, I see a lot of new abilities that look like they have potential, but they're given to Pokemon with underwhelming statistics. The Merciless ability seems nice in theory, but the problem is, even with that ability, Toxapex's offenses are rather mediocre. It gets even worse when you know that a good portion of Pokemon can outspeed and 2-hit KO Toxapex before it has any chance to even utilize the Merciless ability.
Eeyup that's why I'm not going to be using Merciless unless I skill swap it off of Toxapex and onto a better Pokemon that can make better use of it.. though I like one of my Palosand set I've been using on Showdown
Palossand @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 130 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Shore Up
Maranga to help with Sp Def, Ancient power for that 10% chance to raise all stats, earth power for stab, Giga Drain for coverage and healing Shore up as main healing move
Though I'm surprised that Lycanroc Midnight isn't seeing as much use with its HA No guard and having a great stab in Stone edge..

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To be fair, the Midday Form Lycanroc can do a lot of damage with a combination of Swords Dance and Accelerock. Unless the opponent is a Fighting-type, Ground-type, or Steel-type, that can really put a large dent on teams.

On the other hand, anything with a strong base defense can potentially survive even a +6 attack Accelerock. Also, since it can't learn Sandstorm, Lycanroc needs someone else to set it up in order to get the Sand Rush boost.

Top Bottom