• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So Ash pikachu holding a light ball.. what would it take for this to see OU? Besides 100+ base speed

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I will pretty much say that Alolan Dugtrio has to be one of the silliest Alolan form Pokemon that I've seen so far.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I will pretty much say that Alolan Dugtrio has to be one of the silliest Alolan form Pokemon that I've seen so far.
One of the silliest? Yes, I agree; it's literally Dugtrio with a wig. However, Alolan Persian comes close to being, if not the worst/ugliest Alolan form.

Alolan Persian is what happens when Persian and Purugly mate.

At least Alolan Dugtrio has luscious locks now - fabulous.

I've seen complaints around online saying that the design for Pokémon is becoming bland and boring.

Ha, next thing you know, they'll be giving a Pokeball eyes and calling that a Pokémon!...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One of the silliest? Yes, I agree; it's literally Dugtrio with a wig. However, Alolan Persian comes close to being, if not the worst/ugliest Alolan form.

Alolan Persian is what happens when Persian and Purugly mate.

At least Alolan Dugtrio has luscious locks now - fabulous.

I've seen complaints around online saying that the design for Pokémon is becoming bland and boring.

Ha, next thing you know, they'll be giving a Pokeball eyes and calling that a Pokémon!...
Ironically, Voltorb already exists.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think that was the joke

On other topics, how did you felt the demo? The music made me fall sleep, but the graphics and the battle phase were incredible.
I've only read the stuff that Serebii.net has confirmed; I have yet to touch the demo.

D

Deleted member

http://www.gamexplain.com/article-1...iew-with-the-pokmon-sun--moon-developers.html
A new interview between GameXplain and the developers. It actually has some interesting tidbits of information.
-Z-Moves were made to make more Pokemon more viable. Every Pokemon can use a Z-Move.
-Alola forms are only gen 1 because they are the most recognizable.
-Ultra Beasts are mysterious and figuring out what they are is important to the story.
-It's implied that you can use Z-Moves and Mega Evolution in the same battle, as they work separately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
According to that same interview you can get Dyes in the plaza for your outfits..

The demo got boring tbh.. the catching gets old because you can't do anything with them and the only thing we have to look forward to are those day events..

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do wonder if you can only use one Z-Move per battle. I know that you can only mega evolve one Pokemon per battle, so I'm probably guessing that Z-Moves will have that same restriction.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Its been confirmed by nintendo that Ultra Beasts are capturable.

I love team Skull. Their theme is godlike, they look like edgy street thugs, I dig their symbol, and I can't stop laughing at their stupid dance thing they do.

They may end up my favorite evil team, at least until the dancing thing gets old.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I really didn't expect that to happen. Or at least, I never expected that you could use them in battles.
Yeah, I began to doubt it myself. Especially since they listed the UBs in a different section from Pokemon on the website.

Images have been pulled from the demo that are used for the UBs though so it is 100% true. The UBs even have shiny forms.

The question is: will they be like Legendaries where you can't breed them? That would kinda suck if you want to use them competitively.

There are so many questions left unanswered at this point.:upsidedown:

D

Deleted member

That demo something about it just hooked me the tropical lush atmosphere new Pokemon, and characters really liked it always enjoyed every Pokemon game but this one so has me just immersed in it. And probably might be my favourite Pokemon game guess I'll find out soon enough.

As for the demo itself enjoyed it, the data mining I saw it won't say anything but I'm satisfied and content with everything they found. Can't wait one more month and it's going to be a blast I look forward to next week's news.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
i think my only complaints about the demo woiuld be is how short it is and how you only see 9 pokemon the entire time, 6 are new mons (one of which you dont even see in battle) while the other 3 are pikachu, greninja, and golbat .-.

i think my only complaints about the demo woiuld be is how short it is and how you only see 9 pokemon the entire time, 6 are new mons (one of which you dont even see in battle) while the other 3 are pikachu, greninja, and golbat .-.
Don't forget Machamp, Slowpoke and Tauros.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Rowlet's final form becomes Grass/ghost? Didn't see that coming. Alolan Persian gets Fur coat but stays dark :ohwell:. that still could be interesting. I don't think we saw the Grass/fairy and Water/fairy despite the fish like appearance. Definitely going to start with Popplio since the confirmed final evolution typing is water/Fairy. But still glad to see they avoided the Fire/fighting starter

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess I was right about the Fire-type starter's final form being a Fire/Dark-type, but I didn't expect Water/Fairy and Grass/Ghost for the other two starter options.

Decidueye being Grass/Ghost is a surprise, Incineroar being Fire/Dark is a relief, and Primarina being Water/Fairy was expected.

Definitely picking Rowlet.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
AAAAHHHH... CYNTHIA'S BACK! :grin:

AND I CAN TEAM UP WITH HER!!

SUN AND MOON BEST GAME OF 2016 CONFIRMED.

---
Also, Primarina's typing only confirms that me sticking with Popplio amidst all the hate was 100% the right choice. Water/Fairy seems a fantastic type.

(besides, I always pick the Water starter anyway...)

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Seeing Incineroar in game made me hate it less. It's signature move is hilarious, too.

Grass/Ghost is pretty cool. I didn't see it coming but hey, it shut up the guys screaming GRASSSS/GROOOUUUND GAHHH!!1! I might pick up Rowlett instead of Popplio because of it becoming ghost...

Water/Fairy was obvious since they revealed popplio. I can't believe people were so adamant about fighting it when it learns disarming voice at level 7...anyway I love the design.

All in all the starters this gen blew the last two gens out of the water in my opinion.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Screw the starters, Mount Lanakila is the hype one. Blue Freaking Oak and Red are back. Red trained more than his Pokemon on Mt Silver. I love the line "Still as silent as ever, huh?" I hope they don't go the Alola form route and insert more non-Kanto characters besides Cynthia and Wally.

EDIT: Saw the Japanese trailer. Mount Lanakila seems to work like Mt Battle from Pokemon Colosseum, looks similar. Cosmog is the Pokemon Lillie has in her bag.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm guessing this is where the whole Generations cross-promotion comes into play. If the league is anything like the PWT in BW2, we can probably expect much more trainers.

I'm curious why only Cosmog was revealed and not its counterpart

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm guessing this is where the whole Generations cross-promotion comes into play. If the league is anything like the PWT in BW2, we can probably expect much more trainers.

I'm curious why only Cosmog was revealed and not its counterpart
Perhaps it evolves into the orb with the armor stuff around it, then into Solgaleo or Lunaala? The armor (can't think of a better name) does look like the material on lunaala's wings so its possible.

D

Deleted member

I didn't expect Decidueye to be Grass/Ghost! I like this typing more! I also like its signature move, where it's basically an attack version of Mean Look... that will be very useful in battle. I'm so glad that I chose Rowlet from the beginning; the road to the final evolution did not disappoint!

Primarina is a pretty good final evolution for Popplio and it was Water/Fairy all along, which I am OK with. Its signature move cures burns, but I have to also wonder if it does double damage to burned opponents.

Incineroar is easily the worst final evolution from a design standpoint. Seriously, it goes from a cute kitty to... this? At least it's Fire/Dark and not Fire/Fighting. Its signature move ignores stat boosts... OK.

Fighting against trainers like Cynthia and Wally are cool and all, but what abo- RED AND BLUE ARE IN THE GAME?! Yes! That is perfect! I noticed that the song at the end was a remix of Blue's theme, which is pretty cool. I hope we will hear some awesome remixes of the Kanto and Johto Champion themes.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Copy and pasting my thoughts from the Nintenzone Social:

Final evolution starters hype! Just like how my opinion on Kommo-o improved after watching gameplay footage of it, my opinion on Incineroar improved after I saw its animations in action. It's still my least favorite of the three starters, but I no longer dislike it. I really like its mannerisms in the way it acts. I'm pretty glad it didn't turn out to be Fire/Fighting.

Decidueye has been growing on me these past few months, but with today's reveal, seeing its animations really made me like the Pokemon. Surprised it turned out to be Grass/Ghost, but that's better typing that Grass/Flying, so I'll take it. I like the aesthetics in its signature move, and it even has a pretty neat effect. Primarina truly looks gorgeous in its 3D animations, already solidifying my love for this Pokemon. I find its signature move interesting in that it removes the Burn condition from foes, but after reading the Pokemon's description, it makes sense.

In all, these starters will probably go down as one of my favorites in all the generations, in terms of the three together. I like Decidueye and Primarina equally with Incineroar being my least favorite, but I can now say I have a favorable opinion on Incineroar.

I'm surprised they revealed the other Tapus this soon. The trailer confirms the GameXplain theory regarding the names of the rest of the islands. I like Tapu Fini the most of the three revealed; now that we have a better look at its design, I gotta say it looks really nice. Tapu Lele follows after it, with Tapu Bulu being my least favorite of the Alola Guardians (the buffed appearance doesn't appeal to me that much). Despite this, Tapu Bulu interests me for the fact it could be the Island Souvenir long hyped about (its Tiki design resembles a human head quite a bit). I really wish we got to see how the other Guardians looked like in their Tiki forms in the trailer. Their Z-move looks pretty cool too, and I can't wait to see how they'll impact the competitive environment thanks to their new abilities.

Not much to say about Cosmog, though I'm interested to learning more about how Aether Foundation has been researching it. Some source yesterday mentioned that Cosmog is the Pokemon was the Pokemon in Lillie's bag. Putting the pieces together, I guess this might imply Lillie really is connected with the Aether Foundation in some way.

And it looks we'll gain access to the Alola Pokemon League in the postgame. I'm betting the Kahunas will turn into the Elite Four, but that's just me.

And the Battle Tree, Cynthia is coming back. That's cool, and so is... hold on... WALLY? WALLY IS COMING BACK! OMG YES! MY FAVORITE RIVAL IS RETURNING! HE STILL HAS HIS GALLADE! YES! YES! YES!

^That was my reaction to Wally's reveal in that trailer. So happy he made a return! Looks like we're going to be dealing with that monstrous Smogon-style team again, complete with that awesome Mega Gallade. He even looks a bit older, but I guess I got that impression from looking at his face. I'm literally going to be playing Wally's theme all day today to celebrate this joyous day. I'm really interested in hearing a Sun/Moon remix of it once I get to battle him.

And Red and Green will return too? Heck yes! I like the new designs on both of them, but I prefer Red's in-game sprite to his official art. You can tell both trainers really grew up. Who wants to bet Red's Pikachu will be even higher-levee than it was in HG/SS?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love all three starter evolutions. 2nd best trio next to Hoenn, with Decidueye being my favorite of the three. Grass/Ghost is an awesome typing.

I hope they remix the returning characters' battle themes. It'd be a shame if they didn't. Also, I hope N returns as well, as he's one of my favorite characters in the franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
That about Wally and Mega Gallade that Erureido Erureido mentioned makes me somewhat sad I never saw a keystone on Cynthia. I see two explanations for this;
  1. The tear shaped pendant she has near her breasts is actually a keystone, or functions as one.
  2. She has one hidden somewhere; those frizzy wrists on her jacket could hide things on her wrists for example.
That or they just aren't letting her have one until the D/P remakes that are being slowly hinted at already.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
That about Wally and Mega Gallade that Erureido Erureido mentioned makes me somewhat sad I never saw a keystone on Cynthia. I see two explanations for this;
  1. The tear shaped pendant she has near her breasts is actually a keystone, or functions as one.
  2. She has one hidden somewhere; those frizzy wrists on her jacket could hide things on her wrists for example.
That or they just aren't letting her have one until the D/P remakes that are being slowly hinted at already.
I think another possibility could be that she might be wearing earrings, and one of the earrings has the keystone. We don't see Cynthia's ears in her sprite thanks to her hair. I know Astrid in the anime wore her Mega Stone on her right earring.

Though I can definitely imagine the developers not giving her a keystone yet just for the sake of hyping the D/P remakes in the future.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Or she doesn't use them, even if she has Garchomp and Lucario. Red and Blue don't have keystones either, and their teams are full of Pokemon who can mega evolve.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Or she doesn't use them, even if she has Garchomp and Lucario. Red and Blue don't have keystones either, and their teams are full of Pokemon who can mega evolve.
To me that seems kinda unlikely considering.

For the sake of Red and Blue, I could perhaps see them not posessing a Mega Evolution, if just for the fact that their signature Pokemon could/will lack them (mainly, the trainer's signature Pokemon mega evolves). If we go off of Red, he has Pikachu, who can't mega evolve. Of course, it depends on what they decide to make Blue's signature Pokemon; could be Alakazam, could be Pidgeot again (HG/SS), maybe even something totally different like Rhyperior. Blue seems to have more chance of mega evolving than Red, if you ask me, but even then, for Blue, due to the stark diversity he has, or how often his signature Pokemon changes (and how it changes based on the players decision in games) makes me wonder if they will give him a mega evolution.

Cynthia on the other hand has Garchomp as her signature Pokemon, so to me it just makes sense to let her mega evolve.

I think another possibility could be that she might be wearing earrings, and one of the earrings has the keystone. We don't see Cynthia's ears in her sprite thanks to her hair. I know Astrid in the anime wore her Mega Stone on her right earring.

Though I can definitely imagine the developers not giving her a keystone yet just for the sake of hyping the D/P remakes in the future.
I never thought about earrings. That makes some logical sense in a way; it's hidden away from us, and it would be unique to Cynthia (like Maxie's being in his glasses, Stevens being in his stick-pin, Wally's being in his necklace, etc). I kind of like that idea now, and hope it becomes a thing whether it be in Sun and Moon, or D/P remakes.

Though I do think they'd wait until D/P remakes to give her a mega evolution. Even then, would they actually give her one? She's often deemed as the most challenging champion. Would they really give her a buff, so to speak? Who knows...

What I do know, is I want to get wrecked by Cynthia and her Mega Garchomp sometime down the line. Help me re-invent some old times, Gamefreak!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Incineroar is easily the worst final evolution from a design standpoint. Seriously, it goes from a cute kitty to... this? At least it's Fire/Dark and not Fire/Fighting. Its signature move ignores stat boosts... OK.
Actually, what Darkest Lariat does is ignore the "target's" stat changes. The attack only recognizes the user's stat changes, much like with Sacred Sword and Chip Away.

Last edited:
Top Bottom