• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
The gender ratio thing has always been stupid imo.

Ditto exists no matter what the gender is.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
you're right, but still tho it looks way too feminine to be primarily male,
Well, both Glaceon and Sylveon are rather feminine for Pokemon that are primarily male also...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
you're right, but still tho it looks way too feminine to be primarily male,
You can probably say the same thing to the Chikorita family. Of course, Meganium does have gender differences, with the females having smaller antennae.

As for the Eevee family, only some of its evolutions look more female than male.

Oddly, Relicanth has an 87.5% chance of being male, and yet it's not a gift Pokemon.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
You can probably say the same thing to the Chikorita family. Of course, Meganium does have gender differences, with the females having smaller antennae.

As for the Eevee family, only some of its evolutions look more female than male.

Oddly, Relicanth has an 87.5% chance of being male, and yet it's not a gift Pokemon.

relicanth looks like an old man tho lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
relicanth looks like an old man tho lol
At least for some Pokemon, just their appearance alone can make you consider what gender should be used. The problem is, the gender ratio system can make things difficult if the Pokemon has higher odds of being a male (or female).

For an example, a female Granbull feels weird, since it looks more masculine, but it has higher odds of being a female than a male.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
At least for some Pokemon, just their appearance alone can make you consider what gender should be used. The problem is, the gender ratio system can make things difficult if the Pokemon has higher odds of being a male (or female).

For an example, a female Granbull feels weird, since it looks more masculine, but it has higher odds of being a female than a male.

remember how azuril can change genders when it evolves because of its gender ratio being 25/75 but maril being 50/50?
ya... genders :upsidedown:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Relicanth is kinda sorta but not really a fossil pokemon...so I can still understand it being given similar treatment to the other fossils...it is however fairly rare...

Meanwhile, in Snubbull's case it's the opposite. It looks feminine.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I posted this in the Nintenzone Social thread, so some of you have already seen it, but I'm sharing it here since it is something worth watching.

GameXplain uploaded a new video. Here, they talk about to two things. The first is today's news about the file size for Sun and Moon. The second is the reason why I'm sharing this video: an interesting discovery has been made regarding what Team Skull's ultimate goal could be.

What do you all think?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The amount of memory that the software uses is pretty much irrelevant if you're buying the retail version, but you will need a rather large SDHC card if you want to maintain all of your eShop downloads.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I posted this in the Nintenzone Social thread, so some of you have already seen it, but I'm sharing it here since it is something worth watching.

GameXplain uploaded a new video. Here, they talk about to two things. The first is today's news about the file size for Sun and Moon. The second is the reason why I'm sharing this video: an interesting discovery has been made regarding what Team Skull's ultimate goal could be.

What do you all think?
It's interesting. The core could just be there, and they don't even notice, but I like the idea proposed that they just want a giant monster. Sort of a bigger enforcer then Gladion. It be a nice change of pace and could still be a good storyline.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
The amount of memory that the software uses is pretty much irrelevant if you're buying the retail version, but you will need a rather large SDHC card if you want to maintain all of your eShop downloads.
And the virtual copy is probably never going to be bought.. unless you have a 32 gb or 64gb Micro SD card which I originally had but due to complications with my computer glitching because of the 64gb micro SD card I had to put it in my phone and use my phone's Micro SD card for my 3ds
But to put it in perspective.. I have an 8gb Micro SD card with 10 applications already and I would still need to make room for Pokemon Sun or Moon since I have 22,167 open blocks remaining and the requirement is ~26,000.. but seeing as I'll be getting the physical copy for moon it's not going to be an issue. But I'm going to be expecting mostly everyone to buy the physical copy because of this data size..

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

What do you all think?
Normal people can't see Zygarde cells

They might not even know it's there

D

Deleted member

Oh yeahhhhh!!! We finally see the middle stages of Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio, Dartrix, Torracat, and Brionne, Once again I knew I made the right choice in choosing Rowlet as my starter Love the narcissistic, stuck-up nature of Dartrix going to enjoy having it on my team and I like it already. Torracat is cool and very fiery and Brionne is graceful and elegant. Awesome evolutions and comfirms the Chinese leak as true since it is I already like their final evolved forms so I'm going to enjoy seeing them in action, in my book the best starters since the originals lots of personality their great.

The Poke Palego and demo sound great can't wait to play.

My second favourite batch of information since the news back in May.

Also Ash-Greninja is cannon cool.

Onwards to October 14th peeps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So Mega Pokemon are also banned in the rating battles.. that may have been why the mega stones haven't seen much use in the previous gl competitions for ORAS with the last one being the VGC competition that had the worst VGC rules ever.. I still don't understand allowing Mega Rayquaza, and the Primals but not mythical Pokemon..
RiP instruct and *insert mega Pokemon here*

I was also thinking that it would have been hilarious if HA Greninja was better than Ash-Greninja lol.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Not an expert in Pokemon meta, but isn't Protean Greninja better than Ash Greninja because he gets free multi STAB and doesn't need to KO an opponent to have his ability activate?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not an expert in Pokemon meta, but isn't Protean Greninja better than Ash Greninja because he gets free multi STAB and doesn't need to KO an opponent to have his ability activate?
Well possibly. If you ignore the KO part, when activated, it should have better stats. It may still get multi stab but that might also not happen. We'll know from the demo.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm gonna laugh when HA Greninja is better than Ash-Greninja.
That would be rather doubtful, since Greninja needs to have the Battle Bond ability in order to change form; if that ability gets suppressed or changed, then Ash-Greninja reverts back to normal. As such, Ash-Greninja pretty much has to stick with the Water/Dark-type combo, which makes it an open target for Mach Punch users like Conkeldurr.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Probably not.

Ash greninja is already banned by Pokemon and it be pointless to have weaker stats.
Still Protean is a fantastic Ability that Ash-Greninja won't have. Ash-Greninja has to actually KO an opponent's mon before being able to change forms and get those stats.

All you have to do is not allow Greninja to take out any of your mons. Base Greninja isn't exactly fantastic.
That would be rather doubtful, since Greninja needs to have the Battle Bond ability in order to change form; if that ability gets suppressed or changed, then Ash-Greninja reverts back to normal. As such, Ash-Greninja pretty much has to stick with the Water/Dark-type combo, which makes it an open target for Mach Punch users like Conkeldurr.
Are you argreeing with me? You say what I said is doubtful then make points further backing my claim. I'm confused.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Still Protean is a fantastic Ability that Ash-Greninja won't have. Ash-Greninja has to actually KO an opponent's mon before being able to change forms and get those stats.

All you have to do is not allow Greninja to take out any of your mons. Base Greninja isn't exactly fantastic.

Are you argreeing with me? You say what I said is doubtful then make points further backing my claim. I'm confused.
My guess is people will do things like a baton pass strategy into Ash Ninja. That could make it really deadly to.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
My guess is people will do things like a baton pass strategy into Ash Ninja. That could make it really deadly to.
Its possible. There definately is potential for ash-greninja since he basically Mega-Evolves, while having an optional item, but I'm unsure if its "UBERS" potential. Guess we'll wait and see.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I misread what you were saying earlier. I should've reworded my words on my previous post by saying...

Chances are, Protean Greninja will still be better overall, since Greninja needs to have the Battle Bond ability in order to change into Ash-Greninja; if that ability gets suppressed or changed, then Ash-Greninja reverts back to normal. Because Ash-Greninja can't have Protean, it has to stick with the Water/Dark-type combo, meaning that you won't get STAB for any attacks that aren't Water-type or Dark-type. This also means that Mach Punch users, such as Conkeldurr, can easily clobber Ash-Greninja.

Of course, if Ash-Greninja gains some stat boosts, then perhaps having a better base speed could help it outspeed more stuff.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The same source of the CoroCoro scan states that Type: Null evolves into a Pokemon named "Shiruvadi," and it has the ability "AR System" which changes its type based on its held item.

The same source also states Jangmo'o's full evolution line is revealed in this month's issue. The Pokemon evolves into "Jarango" and then "Jararango," and both Pokemon are Dragon/Fighting-types.

Keep in mind that these two additional details are currently unconfirmed at the moment, so take them with a grain of salt. We'll see if more pictures are uploaded later in the day to verify if this information is true.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
The same source of the CoroCoro scan states that Type: Null evolves into a Pokemon named "Shiruvadi," and it has the ability "AR System" which changes its type based on its held item.

The same source also states Jangmo'o's full evolution line is revealed in this month's issue. The Pokemon evolves into "Jarango" and then "Jararango," and both Pokemon are Dragon/Fighting-types.

Keep in mind that these two additional details are currently unconfirmed at the moment, so take them with a grain of salt. We'll see if more pictures are uploaded later in the day to verify if this information is true.
Arceus implications.....

Also, of all the Pokemon why Grimer? He blows.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Alola Grimer looks like it has mustard on its lips.. though maybe it'll get Sucker punch and a few better dark type moves than what it currently knows.. we can probably figure out what Muk will look like lol

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I'll take Cut over Defog anyday...at least Cut can be useful in battle
Tbf defog was buffed last gen to remove all hazards so it is not really that useless.
HMs returning caught me by surprise, however. I thought Pokéride replaced them completely. Oh, well :p

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Based on what I've read, Tackle's base power has been lowered to 40. Chances are, that was done so that Tackle and Scratch have the very same base power.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
But I wonder what kind of application Work up has in the field now since it is now HM 01.. it also makes me think that HMs may have a different role then they have previously..

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But I wonder what kind of application Work up has in the field now since it is now HM 01.. it also makes me think that HMs may have a different role then they have previously..
It might have something to do with the Pokéride feature, though I don't know if you can use your own Pokemon to travel.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The CoroCoro scans are finally out! Turns out all the added information from yesterday was indeed true.

Type: Null's evolution, Silvadi. When Type: Null grows to trust its trainer, it breaks its mask and evolves. It's ability is AR System, an ability that changes its type based on the "Memory" item. It also gains a new attack called Multi Attack, which is similar to Judgement its type changes based on the held item, but in Silvady's case, "Memory" is the deciding item instead of the plates.

Jangmo'o evolves into Jarango and then Jararango. Both are Dragon/Fighting-types. They can learn Sky Uppercut.

Alola Grimer can be seen around the top right corner. Another Trial Captain has also been confirmed. It's Ilima. She can be seen around the bottom center next to Hau. She is also the first Trial Captain in the game. The first city in the game is also confirmed to be named "Hauori City."

New scan for the Sun and Moon anime confirms the school Ash will attend is run by Professor Oak's cousin, Samson Oak. Pikachu's rival will also be Sophocles's Togedemaru.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So while Type: Null will always be a Normal-type, Silvadi can potentially change types with the AR System ability, which I'm assuming is the equivalent of Arceus's Multitype ability. This pretty much means that AR System can't be suppressed, Skill Swapped, Role Played, Traced, etc..

As for Jarango and Jararanga, all I can say is that they're really going to hate Fairy-types. And while it seems pointless to speculate base stats at this point, one can still think about it.

Jangmo-o
HP: 50
Attack: 90
Defense: 60
SP ATK: 25
SP DEF: 35
Speed: 40
Total: 300

Jarango
HP: 70
Attack: 120
Defense: 80
SP ATK: 45
SP DEF: 55
Speed: 50
Total: 420

Jararanga
HP: 100
Attack: 160
Defense: 100
SP ATK: 85
SP DEF: 95
Speed: 60
Total: 600

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So while Type: Null will always be a Normal-type, Silvadi can potentially change types with the AR System ability, which I'm assuming is the equivalent of Arceus's Multitype ability. This pretty much means that AR System can't be suppressed, Skill Swapped, Role Played, Traced, etc..

As for Jarango and Jararanga, all I can say is that they're really going to hate Fairy-types. And while it seems pointless to speculate base stats at this point, one can still think about it.

Jangmo-o
HP: 50
Attack: 90
Defense: 60
SP ATK: 25
SP DEF: 35
Speed: 40
Total: 300

Jarango
HP: 70
Attack: 120
Defense: 80
SP ATK: 45
SP DEF: 55
Speed: 50
Total: 420

Jararanga
HP: 100
Attack: 160
Defense: 100
SP ATK: 85
SP DEF: 95
Speed: 60
Total: 600
The attack is a bit too high imo the only non legendary and mega Pokemon to go above 140 are Rampardos, Aegislash, and Slaking. I can see 140 but 160 would give it second place for highest Attack that isn't a legendary or mega form as it's just 5 away from a tie with Rampardos.. my guess would be 140-125 range as it fits with the other Pseudo legendary Pokemon, and others that have a 3 stage evolution..

Last edited:
Top Bottom