• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You do have to wonder if the targeted Pokemon will attack a random opponent though. This may mean that using Instruct on a Pokemon who recently used a single target attack may not exactly work out the way you want it to.

Also, with Wide Guard being able to work all the time now, that's another problem that Instruct will have to deal with, as Wide Guard protects Pokemon from multi-target attacks. With Instruct being around, you'll have to keep your eyes open for any opposing Pokemon who has Wide Guard, as that could end up containing Instruct if you're not ready for it.
I would assume it would target either the original target, or the other if the original target is defeated. I don't see why it would be random.
From my understanding, Wide Guard is a staple defensive move in Doubles, regardless if Instruct was there or not, so you should already have a failsafe ready for Wide Guard. The easy answer is don't use a wide attack if you're predicting Wide Guard.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just posted in the social, but the riddler posted a Z ring picture, and says there will be news tomorrow. So get hyped?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Just posted in the social, but the riddler posted a Z ring picture, and says there will be news tomorrow. So get hyped?
This should be interesting.. if he's correct then the credibility will be increasing because this would be an unannounced reveal..

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I would assume it would target either the original target, or the other if the original target is defeated. I don't see why it would be random.
From my understanding, Wide Guard is a staple defensive move in Doubles, regardless if Instruct was there or not, so you should already have a failsafe ready for Wide Guard. The easy answer is don't use a wide attack if you're predicting Wide Guard.
Feint can also negate Wide Guard's effects, but it's pretty much one of those situational moves. And since Wide Guard can be spammed repeatedly, you pretty much can't use attacks like Earthquake, Surf, Hyper Voice, and Heat Wave until the Wide Guard user is either taken down or hit by Taunt.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Feint can also negate Wide Guard's effects, but it's pretty much one of those situational moves. And since Wide Guard can be spammed repeatedly, you pretty much can't use attacks like Earthquake, Surf, Hyper Voice, and Heat Wave until the Wide Guard user is either taken down or hit by Taunt.
Feint has been increasing in usage in doubles/triples on most multi hit strategies.. I've been encountering them on showdown and in game when I was doing the last few GL tournaments and Mienshao does gain a priority move through its use since it for some reason can't get mach punch yet it gets drain punch.. :confused: it may be fighting but if it gets one fighting type punch move it should get all..

Also checked the main site and it did that accel rock is only learned by midday form.. whether this means just level up and not breeding is still questionable imo..

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
But look at the ORAS post game, theres still hope
Yeah, I enjoyed the Delta Episode in those games, and I hope we have something similar to that in Sun and Moon. I used to think we could get an "Episode Z" as the Zygarde equivalent to that back when speculation for a post-game Kalos in SM was going strong, but I think it's more likely now that SM's potential Delta Episode equivalent will probably be devoted to Marshadow; it'd be a neat thing to have though because I want to see Marshadow's lore expanded right from the get go...

Just thinking about that really makes me wish that Sun and Moon will be the complete Alola experience this time around, assuming there won't be a third version/sequel. After GameFreak surprised us by avoiding the third version/sequel for X and Y and releasing the next generation instead, I hope they learned their lesson with Sun and Moon, because X and Y didn't feel like the complete Kalos adventure. Hopefully, Sun and Moon will give us the whole Alola experience if Eclipse version won't be a thing, but I'm prepared for the worst.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Well there was Pokemon news today.. nothing major but Alolan Exeggutor now has a (physical?) Dragon type move. Hopefully it won't be as useless as Dragon Rush is.. unfortunately it being used on Exeggcute isn't as good of a reference but it did one hit kill it 20 levels below the Exeggcute..

.. there is a problem with this..

0 Atk Exeggutor Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Exeggcute: 42-49 (35 - 40.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
I have the levels set to the same as in the pictures and changed Exeggutor's type to dragon and Attack power to 125

I see the problem the camera angles made me think that the Alolan Exeggutor was at level 30 but it was at level 50 and the Japanese names don't clarify which is which

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Also Alolan Exeggutor has a base HP increase from 95 to 105 since the HP shows up as 165 with no ivs or evs. Hopefully the Sp attack and Attack stats are swapped or at least gains enough Attack to use physical moves better.. it should judging by the looks and the fact that it's been using physical looking moves..

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The new Sun and Moon trailer has just been released!

That's right folks, the starter evolutions have been revealed. Two new features have also been revealed: Festival Plaza and Isle Aphun. Festival Plaza is a new fun way to interact with other players, while Isle Aphun allows the Pokemon in your PCs to find items and even train.

Mega Evolutions are now confirmed to come back, and there will be a demo for the games coming out on October 18. In it, you will use a Greninja, and want to know the best part about it? This Greninja has the Battle Bond ability, allowing it to transform into Ash Greninja. Yes, Ash Greninja is now canon in the games! You'll be able to transfer this Greninja into your Sun and Moon when the games are released.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I was just about to say "why wasn't there a post yet" lol. Though do the Mid Starters match up with what was leaked? Dartrix does sound like it'll becoming an archer based Pokemon.

At least we'll stop hearing about how all the "Mega evolutions are out of G7"

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I was just about to say "why wasn't there a post yet" lol. Though do the Mid Starters match up with what was leaked? Dartrix does sound like it'll becoming an archer based Pokemon.
I think so. Brionne definitely looks like the missing link between Popplio and Sirene/Entermaid/whatever you want to call that final evolution.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Litten's and Poplio's fit perfectly, but Rowlett makes no sense.

Leaning towards Two forms atm, or the leaked art was beta art, and rowlett's was severely reworked.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So the starters' middle stages....I mean they are starter middle stages so yeah I wasn't really expecting anything spectacular...

but Torracat>Brionne>Dartrix

I can see all three evolving into the respective concept art leaks tho...
Torracat just needs to stand up right to be just a smaller version of the wrestling tiger, Brionne is literally a middle ground between Popplio and the Mermaid seal, and Dartrix grows taller and a bit more slender from Rowlett's roundness as well as has a more throwing knife gimmick which leads into archery rather nicely...awkward hairstyle aside...also the wing design is not too far off for a middle stage between the two...
I think the concept art leaks are for final concepts considering how well polished they are, if there will be changes it will be rather minimal going into the final games...

Considering the three of them with all three stages together I'm thinking I'm still going to pick Litten...but it still remains to be seen if we'll get multiple forms for the starters...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why? I think it makes sense.
It's a very different appearance to the final form. You can kind of see it, but it's a very drastic change. Granted I still see the leaks being real, as litten's and poplio's work great.

Oh and It's amazing that the Join Avenue is basically back! Loved that feature. Now it's in Disneyland!

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's a very different appearance to the final form. You can kind of see it, but it's a very drastic change. Granted I still see the leaks being real, as litten's and poplio's work great.

Oh and It's amazing that the Join Avenue is basically back! Loved that feature. Now it's in Disneyland!
I mean apart from being blue water turtles...Wartortle and Blastoise look nothing alike...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean apart from being blue water turtles...Wartortle and Blastoise look nothing alike...
True, rowlett's kind of fits. What Proto said is worth noting to. Quialidon looks nothing like chestnaught. Wartortle is also similar but not quite the same. So it will probably happen.

Plus the ste calls the thing on litten's a belt. Which basically confirms it.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
True, rowlett's kind of fits. What Proto said is worth noting to. Quialidon looks nothing like chestnaught. Wartortle is also similar but not quite the same. So it will probably happen.

Plus the ste calls the thing on litten's a belt. Which basically confirms it.
Torracat just needs to stand upright and it almost looks exactly like a slimmer version of it's Final stage...of all of them it looks the most like the leak...it's fire collar has pretty much the same gimmick as it's belt in the leak...

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Very good trailer today. The first stage starter evolutions didn't really shake things up; the Rowlett line is still easily the best and Popplio's evolution looks equally as dumb.

Good to have definite confirmation on Mega Evolutions returning. It will be interesting to see whether Battle Bond Greninja is worth using over Protean Greninja.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Dartrix looks like "It's not a phase, mom!" lol
I like them, and this confirmed my choice in picking Litten, I like his evolution.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
honestly i like the starter evos (minus popplio's :urg:), megas are back, theres a demo, new pc features, ash-greninja, yeahhh...

:colorful: still riding the hype train :colorful:

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
The awkward teenage phase of the three starters all look just fine to me. They pretty much confirm the chinese leak evolutions as well.

Megas are still in. Thank you Nintendo ;-;. I woulda been sooo tilted. No new ones most likely which is a bummer but whatever.

The carnival thing is pretty neat. The PC addition will make nuzlockes a little more interesting. Ash-greninja is in the games. Shocker of shockers.

Overall I like the news alot. I also noticed that "BP" was the currency you needed to buy the mega stones unlike what the currency was at the carnival location. This confirms some form of post-game battle location.(frontierrr?!?)

I may end up picking Popplio. The Siren is pretty well designed all things considered. Litten's final evo triggers me. And Rowlett's is bad*** so I'm conflicted.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Join Avenue is back. Good because its glory got cut short very fast. Indifferent to the starters, the PC looks good, and I didn't expect Ash Greninja. Can't wait for the demo.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The awkward teenage phase of the three starters all look just fine to me. They pretty much confirm the chinese leak evolutions as well.

Megas are still in. Thank you Nintendo ;-;. I woulda been sooo tilted. No new ones most likely which is a bummer but whatever.

The carnival thing is pretty neat. The PC addition will make nuzlockes a little more interesting. Ash-greninja is in the games. Shocker of shockers.

Overall I like the news alot. I also noticed that "BP" was the currency you needed to buy the mega stones unlike what the currency was at the carnival location. This confirms some form of post-game battle location.(frontierrr?!?)

I may end up picking Popplio. The Siren is pretty well designed all things considered. Litten's final evo triggers me. And Rowlett's is bad*** so I'm conflicted.
I was thinking that a battle frontier like place could be found in the festival place. Maybe we get BP from there? It feels like a good location for it. I wonder if the Anabelle picture the Riddler posted relates to either of these.

There's also the question, if the festival the new highly advertised feature he discussed as well?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Good to have definite confirmation on Mega Evolutions returning. It will be interesting to see whether Battle Bond Greninja is worth using over Protean Greninja.
Considering that Greninja has to KO something to trigger the ability, Battle Bond will probably be a situational ability. And of course, you are sacrificing an ability that changes Greninja's typing, so you would have to stick with the Water/Dark-type combination.

In regards to Ash-Greninja's stats, its base HP remains unchanged, based on the trailer footage. In regards to its other stats, I'm kind of thinking about how that would play out...

Ash-Greninja
HP: 72
Attack: 125 (+30)
Defense: 67
SP ATK: 143 (+40)
SP DEF: 71
Speed: 152 (+30)
Total: 630 (+100)

Basically, Ash-Greninja would outspeed even Mega Alakazam and Mega Aerodactyl, but it would still fall short of outspeeding Ninjask.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
There was a picture in a Spanish trailer that showed something that translated to an Ice Stone. It looks like we know how Alolan Vulpix will evolve.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
A bit late to the party, but I'm going to copy and paste my thoughts about the news from the Nintenzone social:

I was expecting the starters to be revealed some time in October after not receiving news last month. It's much like the X/Y starters where their first stage evolutions were revealed one month before the games were released.

As for the three newly revealed Pokemon, I think they all look great. Definitely tied with Hoenn for having my favorite middle stage starter evolutions as a whole. Dartrix has a sophisticated and neat look, and the expressions it makes are pretty funny. This Pokemon seems to concerned about how clean and groomed its feathers. I get this image that Dartrix acts like a rich fella', and I have a theory how its evolution could tie into Robinroot based on that description.

Torracat looks cool too. One thing that really caught my attention is that if you try to pet the flame sac on its neck through Pokemon Refresh, the hand gets a "burned" reaction. Very nice touch since it reflects at how hot it is.

Brionne is very adorable. I thought it was pretty cute how it at that Pokebean in the Pokemon Refresh feature. It also looks like the perfect missing link between Popplio and Entermaid. Entermaid's design has been growing on me, so seeing how the middle stage looks like makes me glad I'll stick with Team Popplio for my first run. I think I'll go with Robinroot in a future playthrough because it's design has also been growing on me (I also don't want two Grass-types on my team for the sake of team balance; I'm already planning on having Lurantis on my team).

Festival Plaza reminds me of Platinum, HearGold/SoulSilver's Wifi Plaza mixed with that one Black2/White2 feature where you had that one street accessible through a local connection where people can set up shops so that you can buy valuable goodies or train your Pokemon in some way. I think I'll get used to it. I thought the Wifi Plaza was a really fun feature, while the B2/W2 wireless street feature was great for getting certain items.

I like the idea of Poke Pelago. No longer do you have to worry about the thought of keeping Pokemon trapped in a computer for the rest of their time. They can have fun while not being on your team! I also like how you can train Pokemon in your boxes without having to put them on your team using this feature, not to mention having a new way to receive rare items is a nice little thing to. Glad we're getting a demo for Sun and Moon as well and Mega Evolutions will make a return.

And the best news for last... holy cow, Ash-Greninja is officially canon to the games!

As someone whose second favorite Pokemon is Greninja, is part of the minority that loves Ash-Greninja's design, and was worried said form was going to be anime exclusive, you don't know how happy this makes me! I honestly can't wait to use Ash-Greninja on my team! I bet it's going to have some really great stats despite the lack of Protean!

And no Mega Evolutions for VGC 2017? That's a bit surprising. I'm curious to see what Pokemon will become more popular for this format with the lack of Megas.
Litten's and Poplio's fit perfectly, but Rowlett makes no sense.

Leaning towards Two forms atm, or the leaked art was beta art, and rowlett's was severely reworked.
Adding on to mid-evolutions that look nothing like their final evolutions, the Froakie line is another great example. Frogadier undergoes a drastic change when it evolves into Greninja, and the result is the final evolution looking vastly different from Frogadier.

I also noticed one point of interest that Dartrix shares with Robinroot. Both have a very similar "arrow feather" pattern tucked within their wings.

With Dartrix's case, the feathers are thrown like knives, but I can definitely see that technique evolving into "arrow feathers."

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
When I first saw Dartrix I thought of the butler class from Fire Emblem. FExPkMn confirmed.
Glad I'm not the only one. Once I noticed how it releases the feathers like knives, I was just like "Hi Jakob."

Then it evolves into Robinroot, a Pokemon that would be best buddies with Takumi. I even already have an image of Robinroot mimicking Takumi's cutscene.

"You've abandoned #TeamRowlet and the Grass-types. Now pay for your betrayal!"

An army of Rowlet and Dartrix would be standing behind Robinroot as the scene plays.

And on the subject of FE X Pokemon, I think this is also worth mentioning.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Felicia rival character when???

That actually makes me like some of the mons much more. Popplio's final evo could resemble Asura...

D

Deleted member

Dartrix's hair reminds me more of Edgeworth from Ace Attorney to be honest. :p
Anyways, I do like the middle evolutions, though I have to wonder if Popplio will have a different gender ratio; this Pokemon is a lot more feminine than gender neutral. I'm also a fan of giving the PC more uses, such as finding Pokemon, items, and EV training them.

Then it evolves into Robinroot, a Pokemon that would be best buddies with Takumi.
I'm actually naming my Rowlet after Takumi. When I saw Robinroot, I was so happy that I could name my starter after one of my favorite characters!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Glad I'm not the only one. Once I noticed how it releases the feathers like knives, I was just like "Hi Jakob."

Then it evolves into Robinroot, a Pokemon that would be best buddies with Takumi. I even already have an image of Robinroot mimicking Takumi's cutscene.

"You've abandoned #TeamRowlet and the Grass-types. Now pay for your betrayal!"

An army of Rowlet and Dartrix would be standing behind Robinroot as the scene plays.

And on the subject of FE X Pokemon, I think this is also worth mentioning.

Heck GF even stole the logos! They're so unoriginal!
:troll:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Dartrix's hair reminds me more of Edgeworth from Ace Attorney to be honest. :p
Anyways, I do like the middle evolutions, though I have to wonder if Popplio will have a different gender ratio; this Pokemon is a lot more feminine than gender neutral. I'm also a fan of giving the PC more uses, such as finding Pokemon, items, and EV training them.
I'm pretty sure that the gender ratio will continue to be 87.5:12.5 for the starters; that pretty much means that you would only have a 12.5% chance of getting a female Popplio.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
I'm pretty sure that the gender ratio will continue to be 87.5:12.5 for the starters; that pretty much means that you would only have a 12.5% chance of getting a female Popplio.
Think they'd flip the ratio for popplio?
where it'd have 12.5% to be male instead?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I don't think GF will make Popplio's main ratio to be female. Seeing as how they have messed up quite a few of other Pokemon leads me to believe that they'll probably keep the 87.5% male 12.5 female ratio.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Think they'd flip the ratio for popplio?
where it'd have 12.5% to be male instead?
The whole purpose the gender ratios are skewed is to make the starters harder to breed...because they are supposed to be rarer pokemon...This is the case for a lot of gifted pokemon; Eevee, Lucario, Zoroark, Fossils, Togepi, Snorlax, etc all have skewed genders towards being male also...

Because it's a starter it's ratio will likely remain 75-25 Male...

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
The whole purpose the gender ratios are skewed is to make the starters harder to breed...because they are supposed to be rarer pokemon...This is the case for a lot of gifted pokemon; Eevee, Lucario, Zoroark, Fossils, Togepi, Snorlax, etc all have skewed genders towards being male also...

Because it's a starter it's ratio will likely remain 75-25 Male...

you're right, but still tho it looks way too feminine to be primarily male,

Top Bottom