• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Copy and pasting my thoughts on today's Sun and Moon news from the Nintenzone Social:

Silvady has definitely become one of my favorites from Alola so far! That head makes it look really majestic! I was worried Type: Null would look ugly without the mask, but I was wrong. I'm also getting some strong Arceus implications from it thanks to its ability and signature attack. I can imagine the Pokemon Reboot/Alchemy has intensified with this news, and I can already see Lockster / Gnoggin rubbing his hands together saying, "Yes, yes, YES! My theory is becoming even more true!" This news also makes me wonder how will we get Type: Null. I doubt it'll be a wild Pokemon. I'm guessing Gladion gives it to you at some point, but then that makes me wonder if he'll give it to you when it's a Type: Null or when it is a Silvady. Either way, it's definitely going on my team.

I didn't expect Jangmo'o's evolution to gain a more Aztec look as it evolves. I like the middle-stage, but the final-stage will probably take some to get used to; it does have a good design though. Might get one on my team if I have room.

Never been a fan of Grimer, and I think Alola Form makes it look even more unappealing.

Not much to say about the new Trial Captain. I'm glad we now know how Ilima looks like after her name was mentioned in a recent trailer. Interesting to see she'll be the first Trial Captain though. What type does she specialize? I also thought she was related to Hau at first because he appears right next to her in the scan.

As for the anime news, not surprised Pikachu will form some sort of bond with Togedemaru. Didn't think Samson Oak runs that school though. Makes me curious to see how will Ash and Samson Oak's first encounter enfold.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The attack is a bit too high imo the only non legendary and mega Pokemon to go above 140 are Rampardos, Aegislash, and Slaking. I can see 140 but 160 would give it second place for highest Attack that isn't a legendary or mega form as it's just 5 away from a tie with Rampardos.. my guess would be 140-125 range as it fits with the other Pseudo legendary Pokemon, and others that have a 3 stage evolution..
I've done some calculation work, and if Jararanga's base speed was set at 60, it wouldn't be able to outspeed stuff like Alakazam, who can wipe it out with a Life Orb boosted Dazzling Gleam. Mega Salamence pretty much walks all over it with its Aerilate boosted Double-Edge. And as an extra bonus, Swellow's Guts boosted Brave Bird would make the 1-hit KO too.

Now, since all pseudo-legendaries have a base stat total of 600, I've tried to distribute Jararanga's base stats in a way that seems tolerable without being too overpowering. So while Jararanga can potentially hit like a truck with a base 160 attack, that base 60 speed would mean that it would struggle against faster Pokemon who can give it a serious beating, if not 1-hit KO it. And of course, with Will-O-Wisp around, if Jararanga gets burned, its physical attack usage would be hindered greatly.

You can probably argue that a base 160 attack is too much for a pseudo-legendary. On the other hand, we've seen Haxorus and its base 147 attack (three points shy of reaching 150, which is Rayquaza's base attack value), so pretty much anything can happen.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I dig Type: Null's evo. Jangmo'o's left me a bit disappointed. I wanted a scaled ferocious Western dragon with metal wings and bright scales which would have been cool for a new Dragon/Steel type pokemon.

Unfortunately, he turns into a bipedal hunchback of Notre Dame lookin' thing. Dragon/Fighting is unique so bonus points at least.

And before ANYONE says anything, I know Salamence and Dialga exist. However, Dialga isn't Western and is a legend. I dislike Salamence's Red and Blue design so he unfortunately falls off for me (and Dragon/Flying is kinda lame in my opinion). Dragonite is alright though.

At the end of the day we got two cool looking mons, a unique typing, and a man-made Arceus. Thats still pretty sick.

Last edited:
Jangmo-o's evolutions are Dragon/Fighting, which means there is just 29 unused type combinations remaining.
  1. Grass/Fire
  2. Fire/Ice
  3. Fire/Fairy
  4. Electric/Dark
  5. Electric/Rock
  6. Electric/Fighting
  7. Electric/Poison
  8. Bug/Ice
  9. Bug/Dark
  10. Bug/Normal
  11. Bug/Psychic
  12. Bug/Dragon
  13. Ice/Normal
  14. Ice/Poison
  15. Ice/Fighting
  16. Psychic/Poison
  17. Ghost/Normal
  18. Ghost/Rock
  19. Ghost/Fighting
  20. Poison/Fairy
  21. Poison/Steel
  22. Poison/Normal
  23. Poison/Rock
  24. Rock/Normal
  25. Ground/Fighting
  26. Ground/Fairy
  27. Fighting/Fairy
  28. Normal/Steel
  29. Dark/Fairy

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Something I didn't point out earlier: The Silvadi scan shows Gladion utilizing the Memory items.

This confirms his Type: Null will evolve at some point. Additionally, it looks like the typing of his Silvadi will change with each battle to fit the AR System ability.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So there's yet another potential leak circulating about...
Disclaimer: What you're about to see is unholy, please don't blame me or sue me for any physical or psychological damages this image does to you.
I'm terrified.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The new Sun and Moon trailer is out!

Mainly reveals a bunch of new evolutions and two new trainers:

Type: Null's evolution is now called "Silvally," and its ability is now named "RKS System." Jangmo'o's evolutions are now called "Hakamo'o" and "Kommo'o." Both Pokemon still have Bulletproof and Soundproof as their abilities. Kommo'o also has a unique move: Clanging Scales.

Bounsweet's full evolution line has also been revealed. Bounsweet evolves into Steenee, who has the abilities of Leaf Guard or Oblivious, and then it evolves into Tsareena. Tsareena has either Leaf Guard or Queenly Majesty for its ability. The latter is a new ability that seems to negate priority attacks. It also learns a new Grass-type attack called Trop Kick.

Cutiefly's evolution finally had an official reveal. That Pokemon is named Ribombee, and it has Honey Gather and Shield Dust for its abilities.

Alola Muk has also been revealed, and it is a Poison/Dark-type much like its pre-evolution. Both the Alola Grimer and Muk have Poison Touch and Gluttony for its abilities.

Ilima keeps her Japanese name, and she is confirmed to specialize in Normal-types. The other revealed trainer is Olivia, the Kahuna of Akala Island. She specializes in Rock-types.

------

Thoughts on the news:

Silvally and Jangmo'o's evolutions look really cool in action. Also, the dubbed name for Silvally's ability: RKS System. I see what you did there Game Freak! Even its cry sounds a bit like Arceus's!

Bounsweet's evolutions weren't what I expected, so they'll take some getting used to. They look a bit odd, but I'm curious to see how well Tsareena will stack up competitive-meta wise with that new ability.

Cutiefly's evolution looks pretty cute. Definitely my favorite Bug-type alongside Vikavolt this generation.

Alola Muk looks pretty hideous.

We are already learned about what type Ilima specializes in thanks to the details about the demo yesterday, but it was nice to have some verification. I think Olivia focusing on Rock-types confirms that Kahunas will focus on a specific type rather than multiple types.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Muk looks psychedelic..
Ribombee feels like it's going to have another evolution imo..
Tsareena may be able to give Bruxish some competition with priory blocking. Though it's nice to see they're technically spreading Dazzling out more :yeahboi:. Tsareena seems to be more physical based if its new move is any indication..
An I the only one that was hoping they'd drop the 'o for Jangmo'o's evo line?
Silvally sounds like a nice name though..

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact we have Komodo Dragons that do the Haka!!

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Disclaimer: What you're about to see is unholy, please don't blame me or sue me for any physical or psychological damages this image does to you.
I'm terrified.
I don't know whether to cry or laugh at this. What the heck gamefreak. XD

I really like Silvalli.

Jangmo'o's evolutions are gonna take getting used to.

I'm happy with Bounsweet's evolution line (they gave it a decent ability!!!)

I really like Ribombee. I hope it evolves once more and is also given a better ability. I'll probably use a Ribombee in my playthrough.

Alolan Muk redeemed Alolan Grimer for me. I thought they were just gonna make Muk with the yellow lower lip and some more teeth but they actually made it look disgusting and its great for a Poison/Dark creature.

Regarding the " ' " in Jangmo'o: Ho-oh has been a thing for a while. I doubt the " ' " will bother anyone a year from now.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Serebii has brought up a note in regards to the Parental Bond ability. Apparently, the second hit's base power has been weakened to 0.25x the first hit's base power.

As for Silvally, like with what I've speculated for Type: Null, Silvally was probably designed to stop the Ultra Beast threat, but Team Skull stole it for its own dark ambitions. Silvally's presence does make you wonder, however, if more than one Type: Null was created, and you'd receive the second one as a gift from the Aether Foundation.

Kommo-o's description mentions that it swings its arm up, which pretty means that Sky Uppercut is one of the attacks it can learn. I do wonder if it'll be able to get Hammer Arm as well.

D

Deleted member

Silvally is pretty cool Type: Null had some secret to it and here it is awesome looking Pokemon with a cool ability, Silvally is boss, Hakamo-O and Kommo-O look beastly and fierce, Steenee and Tsareena are adorable and majestic no pun intended. Alolan Grimer and Muk are cool, Ribombee is great, and Illima, and Olivia look awesome. Some great batch of news. I like all of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Tsareena seems to have 78 base HP since the Japanese trailer shows 99 and no ivs/evs is 78 though it doesn't seem to be as strong as i thought it would be physically.. Dartrix has 90 base HP at 88 while at level 28. Kommo-o seems to have Base 121 at 54 with 194.. but take with a bit of salt since the message bar is blocking much of the status bar and I can only make out the 1 and 4.. not sure if it's already known but Bruxish has 68 base HP (level 50)

unless it changes then "robinroot" is most likely going to clear 100 base hp

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Alolan Muk is the most hideous thing I have ever seen in my life. He makes Garbodor look good. The other Pokemon look alright.

I'm terrified.
What is that unholy monstruosity!!!???

Btw, Illima is a dude. A terrifyingly effeminate one....

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If the trailer that showed Ash-Greninja has anything to go by, the HP values that have been shown to us are for when the Pokemon has a 0 HP IV and 0 HP EVs.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
What is that unholy monstruosity!!!???
that "leak" is probably going to be fake.. the same leak said that there was going to be alolan Cubone which there's already been a normal Cubone evolving into Alola Marowak..
If the trailer that showed Ash-Greninja has anything to go by, the HP values that have been shown to us are for when the Pokemon has a 0 HP IV and 0 HP EVs.
Eeyup I took away the Ivs and evs before getting the base hp.. also if I'm wrong on Kommo'o the base HP may be 112

D

Deleted member

Tsareena seems to have 78 base HP since the Japanese trailer shows 99 and no ivs/evs is 78 though it doesn't seem to be as strong as i thought it would be physically.. Dartrix has 90 base HP at 88 while at level 28. Kommo-o seems to have Base 121 at 54 with 194.. but take with a bit of salt since the message bar is blocking much of the status bar and I can only make out the 1 and 4.. not sure if it's already known but Bruxish has 68 base HP (level 50)

unless it changes then "robinroot" is most likely going to clear 100 base hp
Fine by me seems like good stats for some of them so I'm content with this! Also Type:Null doesn't seem like a Pokemon you'll get naturally how you get and then evolving it into Silvally I wonder if it'll lead to a battle with Gladion and his Silvally?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Fine by me seems like good stats for some of them so I'm content with this! Also Type:Null doesn't seem like a Pokemon you'll get naturally how you get and then evolving it into Silvally I wonder if it'll lead to a battle with Gladion and his Silvally?
Part of me thinks that Type: Null will be a post-story gift, so odds are, a battle between two Silvally won't be possible in the main story without trading.

D

Deleted member

Aww to bad but it makes sense given all the information oh well till then I guess.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I feel bad that Cutiefly's evolution isn't getting much love.

I adore the little guy. Its design is pretty simplistic but its so cute! It has a little scarf that compliments it so well. Plus its another new unique typing in Bug/Fairy. (How good is that? Probably not good at all but I'll think about it later.)

I don't know...feels like Gamefreak set the guy up for failure revealing him so late with two Alolan forms, a freaking Arceus clone, and the Pseudo's two evolutions. (Come to think of it Bounsweet's evolutions are pretty ignored too but I prefer lilligant and whimiscott all day.)

Edit: analyzed the typing...they don't complement each other really. The biggest thing is a 4x resistance to fighting that isn't really that useful when you remember that Fighting types have Rock type coverage most of the time. Oh well.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Hey, did anyone watched the new episode of Pokemon Generations? Psychopath Courtney is psycho. I really think Generations is a wasted opportunity. It could have been a full length series, 3 minutes doesn't cut it, it butchers the battles and rushes the plots. The direction is alright with the Pokemon making animal sounds and focusing on the villains/NPCs, the designs look well done despite some not looking much like Sugimori's (Example: Maxie looks too buffed) and I don't mind the cheesy voices because they are not that distracting (Eusine for example no longer sounds like the king of card games). Anyone else feels the same?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I feel bad that Cutiefly's evolution isn't getting much love.

I adore the little guy. Its design is pretty simplistic but its so cute! It has a little scarf that compliments it so well. Plus its another new unique typing in Bug/Fairy. (How good is that? Probably not good at all but I'll think about it later.)

I don't know...feels like Gamefreak set the guy up for failure revealing him so late with two Alolan forms, a freaking Arceus clone, and the Pseudo's two evolutions. (Come to think of it Bounsweet's evolutions are pretty ignored too but I prefer lilligant and whimiscott all day.)

Edit: analyzed the typing...they don't complement each other really. The biggest thing is a 4x resistance to fighting that isn't really that useful when you remember that Fighting types have Rock type coverage most of the time. Oh well.
Even if a Fighting-type has Rock-type attacks, without STAB, it's not necessarily guaranteed to make a 1-hit KO with super effective damage alone. Whereas, for Ribombee, if it gets Moonblast and a good special attack, the added STAB would pretty much guarantee a 1-hit KO against any Fighting-types who have weak special defense stats.

Anyway, as for the Bug/Fairy-type's defensive coverage...
  • Fire: x2 damage
  • Grass: x0.5 damage
  • Fighting: x0.25 damage
  • Poison: x2 damage
  • Ground: x0.5 damage
  • Flying: x2 damage
  • Bug: x0.5 damage
  • Rock: x2 damage
  • Dragon: x0 damage
  • Dark: x0.5 damage
  • Steel: x2 damage

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Even if a Fighting-type has Rock-type attacks, without STAB, it's not necessarily guaranteed to make a 1-hit KO with super effective damage alone. Whereas, for Ribombee, if it gets Moonblast and a good special attack, the added STAB would pretty much guarantee a 1-hit KO against any Fighting-types who have weak special defense stats.

Anyway, as for the Bug/Fairy-type's defensive coverage...
  • Fire: x2 damage
  • Grass: x0.5 damage
  • Fighting: x0.25 damage
  • Poison: x2 damage
  • Ground: x0.5 damage
  • Flying: x2 damage
  • Bug: x0.5 damage
  • Rock: x2 damage
  • Dragon: x0 damage
  • Dark: x0.5 damage
  • Steel: x2 damage
I know this. I also know the Bug types generally have poor physical defense barring Scizor and Genesect (a few more are decent, too).

I never said anything about an OHKO. In competitive formats OHKOing isn't usually necessary given stealth rocks is a thing. I don't really see gamefreak giving the Cutiefly line great stats unfortunately.

With the way they pushed off Ribombee's reveal and how it was pretty much in the shadows, I'm gonna assume this is the butterfree/beedrill of the region. Which sucks considering Vikavolt is a monster.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know this. I also know the Bug types generally have poor physical defense barring Scizor and Genesect (a few more are decent, too).

I never said anything about an OHKO. In competitive formats OHKOing isn't usually necessary given stealth rocks is a thing. I don't really see gamefreak giving the Cutiefly line great stats unfortunately.

With the way they pushed off Ribombee's reveal and how it was pretty much in the shadows, I'm gonna assume this is the butterfree/beedrill of the region. Which sucks considering Vikavolt is a monster.
I can pretty much say that Dedenne got ripped off. A Fairy-type that can only learn two Fairy-type moves, and its only Fairy-type attack is a physical attack. A bad setup, no matter how you look at it.

Anyway, anything can happen, since being the tiniest Pokemon doesn't necessarily mean that the Pokemon is going to be feeble.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Hey, did anyone watched the new episode of Pokemon Generations? Psychopath Courtney is psycho. I really think Generations is a wasted opportunity. It could have been a full length series, 3 minutes doesn't cut it, it butchers the battles and rushes the plots. The direction is alright with the Pokemon making animal sounds and focusing on the villains/NPCs, the designs look well done despite not looking much like Sugimori's (Example: Maxie looks too buffed) and I don't mind the cheesy voices because they are not that distracting (Eusine for example no longer sounds like the king of card games). Anyone else feels the same?
Personally, I'm not that bothered with the Generation designs not matching up to the Sugimori designs. I didn't think Maxie looked buffed at all in Generations; he looked perfectly fine. The biggest character design change between Generations and their game counterparts has to be Looker. I mean, he went from this...

to this...

But even then, the change still didn't bother me. In fact, I like how Generations makes the character designs look more mature, fitting the more adult-like tone with each episode.

And even the characterizations for some of the characters felt improved. The Eusine example you mentioned is definitely one of them. He felt less annoying compared to his game counterpart. Even Courtney in the last episode some good improvement. I already liked her in OmegaRuby, but it was nice to see more perspective coming from her compared to the games. Her dialogue with Brendan was the same as the games, but in Generations, visualizing this conversation really helped. In the games, her line before battling Brendan made her look like some sort of creepy stalker. In Generations, the way she delivered those lines made her appear more like a psychopath, which is what I think her character is supposed to be.

I also liked the symbolism going on with the water releasing itself into the pool around the submarine as Courtney had her vision, with the water stopping its course once the vision stopped. The intensity of the water also matched up with the intensity of Courtney's vision; using the water to symbolize the destruction via magma is also a nice juxtaposition considering how Team Magma prefers more land to more water. I also thought it was pretty clever how her vision ended right at the thought of Primal Groudon potentially killing Maxie, Tabitha, and the other Team Magma members. It perfectly matches up with Maxie's last words to her before leaving for the submarine: "After this mission is over, we'll meet again." The thought of Maxie potentially dying during the mission conflicts with the idea they'll reunite.

But I definitely agree that that some episodes could've been much longer. Episode 3 featuring Blue and the Elite Four is the worst victim of this. The short time frame made the four battles feel very anti-climatic. It would've been nice if we saw more from each of the battles. While Episode 4 was already pretty good compared to the previous episode, I think it too could've benefitted from a longer time frame. Particularly, this episode should've been Aliana's moment, where there would be a big battle between her and Lance. It could've been his toughest challenge. Instead, Aliana didn't make an appearance. We got to see Petrel instead, but I think he was chosen because in the short time frame, they needed to make Lance and his Dragonite look OP as possible, hence why the weaker Executive between the two was chosen. At least is the first time a Rocket Executive has an animated appearance.

I still enjoy Generations for what it's worth though. It's nice how they give us more perspective on certain matters not explained in the games, such as more spotlight on Courtney, gaining more backstory on the Legendary Beasts, seeing Lance's perspective on the Team Rocket Hideout raid, etc.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Personally, I'm not that bothered with the Generation designs not matching up to the Sugimori designs. I didn't think Maxie looked buffed at all in Generations; he looked perfectly fine. The biggest character design change between Generations and their game counterparts has to be Looker. I mean, he went from this...

to this...

But even then, the change still didn't bother me. In fact, I like how Generations makes the character designs look more mature, fitting the more adult-like tone with each episode.

And even the characterizations for some of the characters felt improved. The Eusine example you mentioned is definitely one of them. He felt less annoying compared to his game counterpart. Even Courtney in the last episode some good improvement. I already liked her in OmegaRuby, but it was nice to see more perspective coming from her compared to the games. Her dialogue with Brendan was the same as the games, but in Generations, visualizing this conversation really helped. In the games, her line before battling Brendan made her look like some sort of creepy stalker. In Generations, the way she delivered those lines made her appear more like a psychopath, which is what I think her character is supposed to be.

I also liked the symbolism going on with the water releasing itself into the pool around the submarine as Courtney had her vision, with the water stopping its course once the vision stopped. The intensity of the water also matched up with the intensity of Courtney's vision; using the water to symbolize the destruction via magma is also a nice juxtaposition considering how Team Magma prefers more land to more water. I also thought it was pretty clever how her vision ended right at the thought of Primal Groudon potentially killing Maxie, Tabitha, and the other Team Magma members. It perfectly matches up with Maxie's last words to her before leaving for the submarine: "After this mission is over, we'll meet again." The thought of Maxie potentially dying during the mission conflicts with the idea they'll reunite.

But I definitely agree that that some episodes could've been much longer. Episode 3 featuring Blue and the Elite Four is the worst victim of this. The short time frame made the four battles feel very anti-climatic. It would've been nice if we saw more from each of the battles. While Episode 4 was already pretty good compared to the previous episode, I think it too could've benefitted from a longer time frame. Particularly, this episode should've been Aliana's moment, where there would be a big battle between her and Lance. It could've been his toughest challenge. Instead, Aliana didn't make an appearance. We got to see Petrel instead, but I think he was chosen because in the short time frame, they needed to make Lance and his Dragonite look OP as possible, hence why the weaker Executive between the two was chosen. At least is the first time a Rocket Executive has an animated appearance.

I still enjoy Generations for what it's worth though. It's nice how they give us more perspective on certain matters not explained in the games, such as more spotlight on Courtney, gaining more backstory on the Legendary Beasts, seeing Lance's perspective on the Team Rocket Hideout raid, etc.
Forgot about Looker. I just rolled with it because I enjoyed the Death Note feel in episode 2. I can't wait to see Ghetsis, Cyrus, and Lysandre. If with very few lines in the games they made Courtney terrifying, the those three will be crazy.

D

Deleted member

Haven't seen the episodes yet, but they look interesting and Ribombee is adorable too bad it doesn't get much love.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wait, they do the Haka?

Looks like Im getting one asap
First, Hakamo-o is literally named after the Haka and...
Hakamo-o dances before battle to show its strength, clanging its scales together to make them ring out. When this dance reaches its climax, Hakamo-o bellows a fierce war cry to challenge its opponent.
Which is quite literally the Haka!

I really hope they implement this into it's animations!

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I am sold I will look to the ends of the earth for a Jangmo-o

No idea what Imma name it though
Was planning on naming mine 'Umaga'...
Who's a Rugby player that is the former Captain of the New Zealand All Blacks...Who are famous for performing the Haka before every game...
It's also the name of a Samoan wrestler, which definitely suits the fighting type it has...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Was planning on naming mine 'Umaga'...
Who's a Rugby player that is the former Captain of the New Zealand All Blacks...Who are famous for performing the Haka before every game...
It's also the name of a Samoan wrestler, which definitely suits the fighting type it has...
Time to do research on people that do the Haka a lot. this should be fun
I should name it after I member of the All Blacks

D

Deleted member

Understood let's try to keep it on topic looking forward to the demo don't see it being much, and Ash-Greninja will probably be the only Pokemon you can use but should be fun.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Have they ever released a demo for a previous pokemon game? Has anyone played it?

I'm excited for the Sun and Moon demo but I don't know what to expect. I hope we can still pick a starter...I want to grind them up and see the final evolutions...

Have they ever released a demo for a previous pokemon game? Has anyone played it?

I'm excited for the Sun and Moon demo but I don't know what to expect. I hope we can still pick a starter...I want to grind them up and see the final evolutions...
ORAS had a demo. It had a couple of missions which weren't part of the actual game.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Did you still pick a starter or were you given some mon? Were you able to capture other mons?
When you get into your first mission, you had to pick a middle-form starter to use. After you complete it, you were given Sceptile, Blaziken, and Swampert, all with their Mega Stones. You were also able to catch another Pokémon depending on which region you were in. Whereas Japan got Steelix with its Mega Stone, everywhere else received Glalie with its Mega Stone. You were even able to transfer the Steelix/Glalie into your main game.

I'm also excited for the Sun and Moon demo. It releases in 2 days, and I'm pretty excited to see what's in it.

Top Bottom