• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One word.. Prankster. It's probably been good before then but prankster WoW is probably when it became more prevalent in the meta since it beats out scarf Pokemon and nullifies their attack down to near harmless levels..
Only two Pokemon can have Prankster and Will-O-Wisp though, and I doubt that Mega Banette sees that much attention when Sableye can easily cover the Prankster department without having to waste your single mega evolution slot.

It should be noted, however, that Sableye isn't exactly a sturdy Pokemon, and using Will-O-Wisp to burn its adversary can end up backfiring if the adversary has the Guts ability; of course, only Ursaring can have Guts AND Play Rough, which would wipe out Sableye in one blow, no matter how high its defense value is. Also, Will-O-Wisp can miss, which can be bad for Sableye if its adversary can easily 1-hit KO it while healthy, or has a different status problem.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Only two Pokemon can have Prankster and Will-O-Wisp though, and I doubt that Mega Banette sees that much attention when Sableye can easily cover the Prankster department without having to waste your single mega evolution slot.

It should be noted, however, that Sableye isn't exactly a sturdy Pokemon, and using Will-O-Wisp to burn its adversary can end up backfiring if the adversary has the Guts ability; of course, only Ursaring can have Guts AND Play Rough, which would wipe out Sableye in one blow, no matter how high its defense value is. Also, Will-O-Wisp can miss, which can be bad for Sableye if its adversary can easily 1-hit KO it while healthy, or has a different status problem.
there isn't a pokemon in OU that has Guts anymore though and it's not seen that often since Conkeldurr fell from OU. Ursaring is still rarely seen in competitive. that and mostly every guts user is generally slow minus Swellow (and Raticate if you ever see one and count it's 90 base speed..) and have to rely on priority moves. others still don't have priority and not as effective without the assistance of Tailwind
either way this is probably getting too far off topic lol

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Thought I'd add to the information about the CoroCoro by adding the information explained on Pokebeach. They seem to have slightly more information than Serebii at the moment.
Pokebeach said said:
The small fish is Yowashi. When a bunch of Yowashi gather together, they “become” the larger fish.

Sunabaa and Shirodesuna are the sand castles, both Ghost/Ground. Sunabaa is a combination of “sand” and “boo.” “Shirodesuna” means “that’s a castle” in Japanese. Shirodesuna is a spirit that has possessed the sand. It sucks Pokemon into the sand to absorb their energy.

The Bewear pre-evolution is named Nuikoguma and it’s Normal/Fighting like its evolution. Its name is a combination of “plush” and “cub.”

Alolan Meowth is Dark-type while Alolan Marowak is Fire/Ghost. (Did the spirit of Cubone’s mother go to… never mind.) Alolan Meowth developed after being bred by a royal Alolan family. Marowak became Alolan Marowak to fight its “arch nemesis.”

Sun and Moon‘s villainous team is named Team Skull and its leader is Guzuma. The girl next to him is Purumeri.
Below is my copy and pasted thoughts from the NintenZone Social Thread.

Those sand castle Pokemon look pretty odd. Apparently, the latter is the result of a spirit that possessed the sand. Sounds pretty dark how it "absorbs the Pokemon's energy by sucking them into the sand." Sounds like a pretty grizzly death. With these set of Pokemon, the Golurk evolution line has lost its unique typing.

Yowashi is pretty cool considering Pokemon has finally pulled off the "fish colony" aspect perfectly. I thought the larger-looking fish was its evolution at first, but it turns out it's just a different form. Still willing to bet the fish colony will gain better stats since it comprises of multiple Pokemon.

I like Bewear's pre-evolution more than its evolution. It doesn't seem to look as lazily-designed as Bewear, but I guess that's just me.

Not surprised Meowth got an Alola form, and its typing is not surprising either. It looks pretty cool though, and I can't wait to see Alola Persian. Alola Marowak being part Fire didn't surprise me because one of the Trial Captains is mentioned to have a Marowak, though the Ghost-typing is pretty interesting (and the Chandelure line loses its unique typing). I really like the design too.

So the villains are named Team Skull, and they are a team of punks? I actually like this. We're yet to have an evil team inspired from punks prior to this, and now we finally have them. I'm surprised they would already reveal the team's leader though. That's usually something that isn't revealed until the month the games are released or a month after that date. Anyway, Guzuma and Purumeri looks pretty cool. I'm betting the latter is one of the team's admins/commanders. I can't wait to hear what their goal is. They don't look like a team that would encourage tourism in the region, but you may never know.

Also, I can't wait to see Rockruff's evolution next month.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
What does Corocoro say about the Exeggutor part? And the Dex leak is confirmed to be fake. There was no ghost/ground, or Beware having a Pre-evolution..
And not surprised about Marowak.. must have gotten tired of being hit by either Grass or ice type Pokemon because it still has that water weakness lol hopefully it actually gains better speed and thick club works on it which I'm assuming it will..
Don't know if Persian's usage will increase now that it has a new deserving type..

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Marowak looking pretty sweet, though no amount of cool type changes will save it unless it gets a pretty significant speed boost.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Marowak looking pretty sweet, though no amount of cool type changes will save it unless it gets a pretty significant speed boost.
Or at least access to Shadow sneak.. if it gets that then it's usage will go up because stab and potentially 80 base power (if the attack stat is the same) boosted by thick club which is essentially a huge power boost.. it could get more usage than its original form

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So we now have two sandcastle Pokemon. Looks like Trapinch has some competition, as it too hunts by burrowing underground.

There is Trick Room, but being able to use it properly in single battles is not easy.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Or at least access to Shadow sneak.. if it gets that then it's usage will go up because stab and potentially 80 base power (if the attack stat is the same) boosted by thick club which is essentially a huge power boost.. it could get more usage than its original form
I imagine the prospect of STAB Thick Club Flare Blitz with no recoil (if it retains the Rock Head ability, which seems reasonable) is scary enough for it to get a bit more usage. Shadow Sneak is one I hadn't thought of. Bonemerang makes for a great coverage move to get past opposing Fire and Rock types as well.

Still, I hope these forms come with a stat boost because 425 BST for a fully evolved Pokemon is still very poor.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Since the Alolan form Pokemon can potentially have stat differences (except for HP), it's always possible that Alolan Marowak may get some stat differences. But considering that the Thick Club doubles Marowak's attack value, Alolan Marowak's base attack can't go too high.

I'm even uncertain if Alolan Marowak will even excel in physical attacks, as it may end up being a special attack user (it does have some good special attacks in its arsenal after all), and that's something that the Thick Club doesn't cover, unless it's made to double Marowak's special attack as well.

But the biggest question of all is if the Alolan form Pokemon will have the exact same base stat total as their normal counterparts. If so, then Alolan Marowak will still have to live with the 425 base stat total.

The following may be some examples to keep in mind...

Alolan Sandshrew
HP: 50
Attack: 75
Defense: 105 (+20)
SP ATK: 20
SP DEF: 40 (+10)
Speed: 10 (-30)
Total: 300

Alolan Sandslash
HP: 75
Attack: 100
Defense: 130 (+20)
SP ATK: 45
SP DEF: 65 (+10)
Speed: 35 (-30)
Total: 450

Alolan Vulpix
HP: 38
Attack: 31 (-10)
Defense: 40
SP ATK: 60 (+10)
SP DEF: 65
Speed: 65
Total: 299

Alolan Ninetales
HP: 73
Attack: 56 (-20)
Defense: 75
SP ATK: 101 (+20)
SP DEF: 100
Speed: 100
Total: 505

Alolan Exeggutor
HP: 95
Attack: 125 (+30)
Defense: 75 (-10)
SP ATK: 125
SP DEF: 55 (-10)
Speed: 45 (-10)
Total: 520

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Since the Alolan form Pokemon can potentially have stat differences (except for HP), it's always possible that Alolan Marowak may get some stat differences. But considering that the Thick Club doubles Marowak's attack value, Alolan Marowak's base attack can't go too high.

I'm even uncertain if Alolan Marowak will even excel in physical attacks, as it may end up being a special attack user (it does have some good special attacks in its arsenal after all), and that's something that the Thick Club doesn't cover, unless it's made to double Marowak's special attack as well.

But the biggest question of all is if the Alolan form Pokemon will have the exact same base stat total as their normal counterparts. If so, then Alolan Marowak will still have to live with the 425 base stat total.

Alolan Sandshrew

Alolan Sandslash

Alolan Vulpix

Alolan Ninetales

Alolan Exeggutor
I'm honestly hoping that Alo Ninetales will break the 100 base speed so it can out speed more Pokemon.. (especially Garchomp) maybe a 105 base to push it above quite a few other Pokemon
I'm also thinking the Sp Atk of Alo exeggutor will drop not the defense or sp defense but speed will definitely drop

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Alolan Sandshrew

Alolan Sandslash

Alolan Vulpix

Alolan Ninetales

Alolan Exeggutor
Are these examples sourced from anywhere in particular or are they speculation?

Even if BST remain the same as non-Alolan counterparts, XY introduced several stat increases (http://www.serebii.net/xy/updatedstats.shtml) so we could see it happen again to power-up underused Pokemon whilst still retaining parity with the Alolan forms. Not every Pokemon would need it (If Alolan Arcanine is true its BST is plenty high already) but the likes of Sandslash, Marowak and Persian could really use a slight buff. It's certainly something I'm in favour of if done sensibly.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Are these examples sourced from anywhere in particular or are they speculation?
It's just speculation. The actual stats may end up being different from what I've inputted.

Even if BST remain the same as non-Alolan counterparts, XY introduced several stat increases (http://www.serebii.net/xy/updatedstats.shtml) so we could see it happen again to power-up underused Pokemon whilst still retaining parity with the Alolan forms. Not every Pokemon would need it (If Alolan Arcanine is true its BST is plenty high already) but the likes of Sandslash, Marowak and Persian could really use a slight buff. It's certainly something I'm in favour of if done sensibly.
The funny thing is, if Alakazam still had a base 85 special defense, its mega evolution would've felt less awkward with the 590 base stat total.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been more excited about the Alolan forms more than almost any new pokemon

So far, the only new pokemon I'm interested in are Vikavolt, Lurantis (I'm mixed because Flower Mantis' are one of my favorite animals but I don't like its striped pants) and Wimpod possibly having a cool evolution. All of them based on bugs

Mudsdale is currently a potential member to my team...

But Salandit's potential evo WAS until this new Marowak was confirmed. Fire/ Ghost! Gonna use him and the Sandslash

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm growing to dislike the Alolan forms. I'm sick of Gen 1 getting everything. Yeah it's the first region and Pokemon wouldn't be here without it but come on man!

Not everybody's favorite Generation was 1! Show us some Gen 2 or 3 Alolan forms, please! I don't want such a cool concept to just be used on the original 151.

Theres also the fact that Mega Evolution might be out and several generations of starters would be screwed out of Megas. Who wasn't? ****ing Gen 1!

I'm ranting and probably salty but its so aggravating.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I'm growing to dislike the Alolan forms. I'm sick of Gen 1 getting everything. Yeah it's the first region and Pokemon wouldn't be here without it but come on man!

Not everybody's favorite Generation was 1! Show us some Gen 2 or 3 Alolan forms, please! I don't want such a cool concept to just be used on the original 151.

Theres also the fact that Mega Evolution might be out and several generations of starters would be screwed out of Megas. Who wasn't? ****ing Gen 1!

There was a video that noted that there was a spot on the bracelet that could fit a keystone for mega evolution on the opposite side of the bracelet iirc I'd have to find the video but it looks from that perspective they look to be returning.. at least the ones from G6 and ORAS

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah if there aren't going to be any new mega evolutions, the mechanic should still come back so that the Pokemon who heavily rely on their mega evolutions don't get screwed over. Pokemon like Charizard, Blastoise, Beedrill, and Kangaskhan really appreciate their mega evolutions, and they greatly lose their viability without them. On the other hand, Alakazam and Aerodactyl have no practical use for their mega evolutions, with the latter not being able to take full advantage of Tough Claws.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
My Thoughts:

Not too shocked that the Dex leak was fake, but I wouldn't have been opposed to it, were it true. I'm well aware today's Pokemon have no English names yet, so bear with me here.

PESP: Immediately brings to mind the baitfish from Finding Nemo. I love the concept of a less-than-impressive fish combining with its brethren to form an impressive, shadowy sea-beast. It'll be interesting to see what triggers School Form. Little odd that it's pure Water type, figured it'd be half Psychic or Dark.

TED E BEAR JR: WHAT. It's literally a Bewear head on four legs. That is terrifying; worse than a teddy bear that can snap your spine with a hug! Now it's a ludicrously strong teddy bear that evolves from a crawling severed head! That said, it

ENTER LIGHT, EXIT NIGHT: I. Love. Them! And here I thought Mimikyu was the best Sun/Moon Ghost! He's got competition now: Shrieking Sand Dune and Coney Island Disco Palace! I love how despite its stupid appearance, the first thing we see Castle Deathsand do is steal Pikachu's soul. That's hardcore. This bad boy is definitely going on my team, just gotta come up with a good nickname. Considering Castle Deathsand, Fort Knight, and Sunshine. Bonus points to whoever gets the reference in that last one.

SASSY KAT: ...so Alolan Meowth is literally just grey, slightly sassier Meowth? To be fair, there's not a ton of variation in actual house cat breeds . Other than oddities like Munchkins or Sphinxes.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY: Interesting to see Gamefreak embrace the macabre origin of Marowak. Is it essentially dead? Like, it failed to adapt to Alola and so is a fire-wielding ghost? How does that work? A trainer raises his beloved Cubone, only for it to drop dead when it evolves? Alola is weird, man.

KEVIN: Not quite what I was expecting from a sea cucumber. Still cute though. Guess that one leak is looking more and more likely, huh? EDIT: Wait. "It said to be able to send its insides out from its mouth and use as a fist." That's extremely metal. Is Alola just the hardcore region? We've got soul stealing castles, spine snapping teddy bears, and now adorable lil sea critters who use their organs as weapons. It's gonna be so hard to pick 6 Pokemon for a team!

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

It is ridiculous that Gen 6 didn't have any megas at all except for an event Pokemon, and Gen 5 also has none but the freaking sandbag PkMn, yet Gen 1 has Like 3482. As far as I am concerned Megas were an afterthought without any thought of the possible aftermath (and it doesn't make sense at all) and I would blame the neglect of non Gen 1 PkMn on the lack of exposure they have. Gen 1 was a pretty big hit, so the 151 got ingrained in everyone's memory, but the other gens got the nostalgia babies to deal with and well as PkMn not being as mainstream like it used to. I bet a fortune that some Pokemon Go players will ever know what the hell is a Xerneas or a Cryogonal, because it is all Gen freaking 1, the most mainstream one.

As for the revealed Gen 7 PkMn, they look like MOTHER enemies drawn by Sugimori, but they look alright. IMO.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's an Alolan form concept that has come to me recently...

Alolan Geodude
Type: Fire/Steel
Ability: Flash Fire
HP: 40
Attack: 80
Defense: 115 (+15)
SP ATK: 30
SP DEF: 30
Speed: 5 (-15)

The Geodude that live in the Alola region have become very adapted to the volcanic conditions that exist at the many volcanoes. As such, their bodies are more durable and fireproof, but the increased durability has taken a toll on their speed.

Alolan Graveler
HP: 55
Attack: 100 (+5)
Defense: 135 (+20)
SP DEF: 45
Speed: 10 (-25)
Total: 390

Much like their pre-evolved forms, Alolan Graveler are at home near volcanoes. When they start rolling, they engulf themselves in flames to increase the power of their attacks, but they're not very fast while on flat terrain.

Alolan Golem
HP: 80
Attack: 130 (+10)
Defense: 150 (+20)
SP ATK: 55
Speed: 15 (-30)
Total: 495

Alolan Golem live deep in volcanic craters that are way too dangerous for humans to enter. Their bodies can withstand even lava, but because they're so adapted to the volcanic heat, they refuse to enter very cold regions, as their armor will break from the extreme temperature change.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Can't say much about this new sea cucumber Pokemon other than it looks cute and I'm curious to see how exactly does this fist-looking organ look like. The fact that one leak has become even more credible is also interesting.

On a different note, know that we have our first details about the evil team, I thought we'd go back and examine Lillie for a second.

Her description states that she will play "an important role in the story." Many have speculated she could be the daughter of an evil team leader, or she could be connected with the legendaries in some way.

With Team Skull's reveal and the mention of the Alola royal family, does anyone think she could be connected to either of them?

For me, Lillie doesn't look like someone that could be affiliated to either of them right away. She doesn't look like someone from Alola to scream "part of the Alola royal family" right away, and her clothing doesn't look like she'd be associated with Team Skull. However, if she is connected to the Alola royal family, she could be a long lost descendant who might be aware of her heritage after reading lots of books, and perhaps that royal family vanished for mysterious reasons. As for the Team Skull possibility, the only way I can see her being Team Skull's boss' daughter is that her tourist-like outfit is a disguise.

What do you all think?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Here's an Alolan form concept that has come to me recently...

Alolan Geodude
HP: 40
Attack: 80
Defense: 115 (+15)
SP ATK: 30
SP DEF: 30
Speed: 5 (-15)

The Geodude that live in the Alola region have become very adapted to the volcanic conditions that exist at the many volcanoes. As such, their bodies are more durable and fireproof, but the increased durability has taken a toll on their speed.

Alolan Graveler
HP: 55
Attack: 100 (+5)
Defense: 135 (+20)
SP DEF: 45
Speed: 10 (-25)
Total: 390

Much like their pre-evolved forms, Alolan Graveler are at home near volcanoes. When they start rolling, they engulf themselves in flames to increase the power of their attacks, but they're not very fast while on flat terrain.

Alolan Golem
HP: 80
Attack: 130 (+10)
Defense: 150 (+20)
SP ATK: 55
Speed: 15 (-30)
Total: 495

Alolan Golem live deep in volcanic craters that are way too dangerous for humans to enter. Their bodies can withstand even lava, but because they're so adapted to the volcanic heat, they refuse to enter very cold regions, as their armor will break from the extreme temperature change.
This would work wonderfully, both for Golem as a Pokemon sorely in need of a buff but also in terms of flavour.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This would work wonderfully, both for Golem as a Pokemon sorely in need of a buff but also in terms of flavour.
The Geodude family can learn Gyro Ball, so that can help if the Alolan Geodude family uses the Fire/Steel-type combo. But what would also be good is if they are able to get Flare Blitz as well, just so that they have a stronger option than Fire Punch. Sure, you'd be giving up Rock Head for Flash Fire, but if that Flash Fire boost activates, that would make Flare Blitz a lot more powerful.

Of course, the main problem would be that they'd suffer from a speed decrease, which is bad outside of Trick Room teams, but the slow speed is also what can make Gyro Ball lethal when you add STAB to the equation. And the Iron Ball can help even further by halving the speed value.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
There's been a few early reveals on Serebii..
A new grass/ fairy with Effect spore, and illuminate
Alolan Raichu is electric/psychic with a new ability called Surge Surfer, and the sea cucumber is pure water with the ability innards out, the new fish changes forms when it reaches a certain level via its ability Schooling.. also Marowak only gains one new ability in cursed body and retains lightning rod. No information on what the new abilities do though.. the pictures looked blurry and hard to see unfortunately.. (at least they did on my phone lol)

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
We got more Pokemon leaks! They're looking pretty credible, and they seem to be all part of the trailer that will air this Friday. I'm going to enclose them in a spoilers tag for those that don't want to be spoiled right away.

Yowashi's English name is Wishiwashi, and it is confirmed that it changes into its school form through its Ability, Schooling. It becomes the School Forme at a certain level.
Pyukumuku is the English name of the sea cucumber Pokemon. It surprisingly doesn't have the Fighting-type despite its description.
Morelull is a new Grass/Fairy-type Pokemon. It could be the "mushroom" Pokemon mentioned in one of the Chinese leaks.
Alola Meowth's abilities are Pickup and Technician.
Alola Marowak's abilities are Cursed Body and Lightning Rod. To break this down, Alola Marowak is immune to Normal, Fighting, and Electric-type attacks (the latter if it has Lightning Rod), as well as Will-O-Wisp.
Team Skull seems to be a team of individuals who failed to become Trial Captains. Guzman and Plumeria keep their Japanese names, and Plumeria is confirmed to be a Skull Admin.

And the best information for last... Game Freak remembered Raichu exists!
Alola Raichu exists! It's an Electric/Fairy-type with the Surge Surfer, which is basically a Swift Swim for Electric Terrain.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alola Raichu exists! It's an Electric/Fairy-type with the Surge Surfer, which is basically a Swift Swim for Electric Terrain.
Can I say how excited I am that Raichu has a new form? Because I am hyped for it! I just hope that Alolan Raichu learns some good moves like Psychic and I also hope it learns Surf.

I'm tired of the Pikachu family having mediocre learnsets, despite Pikachu being the mascot of Pokemon.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
We got more Pokemon leaks! They're looking pretty credible, and they seem to be all part of the trailer that will air this Friday. I'm going to enclose them in a spoilers tag for those that don't want to be spoiled right away.

Yowashi's English name is Wishiwashi, and it is confirmed that it changes into its school form through its Ability, Schooling. It becomes the School Forme at a certain level.

Pyukumuku is the English name of the sea cucumber Pokemon. It surprisingly doesn't have the Fighting-type despite its description.

Morelull is a new Grass/Fairy-type Pokemon. It could be the "mushroom" Pokemon mentioned in one of the Chinese leaks.

Alola Meowth's abilities are Pickup and Technician.

Alola Marowak's abilities are Cursed Body and Lightning Rod. To break this down, Alola Marowak is immune to Normal, Fighting, and Electric-type attacks (the latter if it has Lightning Rod), as well as Will-O-Wisp.

Team Skull seems to be a team of individuals who failed to become Trial Captains. Guzman and Plumeria keep their Japanese names, and Plumeria is confirmed to be a Skull Admin.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d
There were a few things I skipped over and didn't see any information on what some of the new abilities did and didn't care about Meowth's abilities since they stay the same as the original form.. though I'm glad to see that Electric terrain is getting more usage like the weather effects..
I'm hoping that Hail gets a speed boosting ability because it desperately needs more buffs especially since its the worst competitively viable weather effect in the game..

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
You know, I have to be honest here, I'm not really excited for many of the Gen 7 Pokemon. I mean, Vikavolt's line is really cool and all, and Mimikyu is great too, but beyond that, I'm just more neutral to mostly everyone else (except Rowlet). Does anyone else feel this way?

EDIT: I forgot to mention Salandit earlier. He's really cool too.

:094:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm hoping that Hail gets a speed boosting ability because it desperately needs more buffs especially since its the worst competitively viable weather effect in the game..
Last I've checked, when Sand Rush came to existence, very few Pokemon got that ability (Sandslash, Stoutland, and Excadrill). As such, even if the Hail weather condition does get a speed boosting ability, it probably won't been seen very much.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Last I've checked, when Sand Rush came to existence, very few Pokemon got that ability (Sandslash, Stoutland, and Excadrill). As such, even if the Hail weather condition does get a speed boosting ability, it probably won't been seen very much.
Although One of those Pokemon is ou. I just want to see Hail be more viable in the meta.
Especially for doubles and triples since dual Blizzard could prove to be annoying under the right conditions but is hindered because of the lack of good abilities that take advantage of the weather condition.. although Rain teams are probably going to be the most dominant weather effect still..

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
You know, I have to be honest here, I'm not really excited for many of the Gen 7 Pokemon. I mean, Vikavolt's line is really cool and all, and Mimikyu is great too, but beyond that, I'm just more neutral to mostly everyone else (except Rowlet). Does anyone else feel this way?

:094:
Me. I can barely remember anyone. I'm only excited for Popolio. The new leak implies Alola forms will be Gen 1 only.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Although One of those Pokemon is ou. I just want to see Hail be more viable in the meta.
Especially for doubles and triples since dual Blizzard could prove to be annoying under the right conditions but is hindered because of the lack of good abilities that take advantage of the weather condition.. although Rain teams are probably going to be the most dominant weather effect still..
Hail is more hindered by how bad Ice is a type. Game Freak need to fix it already and give it some extra resistances so it isn't such a joke defensively - because at the minute Ice type seems to only really exist for the moves rather than the Pokemon at the higher levels of battling.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Someone needs to get fired. Images from the trailer tomorrow is one thing, but leaking actual footage from the trailer? Damn...
This Pokemon reaches its schooling form at level 50. So, you can use this Pokemon practically immediately over Wi-Fi.

But that's not all!
This is apparently an image from the Rockruff manga.

Seems to me that this will be Rowlet's 2nd evolution. Seems like there is no reason to doubt the evolution leak if this is the real deal (which I think it is).

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It looks like the Innards Out ability may prove to be quite nasty if you're going for 1-hit KOs. Probably one of those moments where you'd want to use False Swipe.

Top Bottom