• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hyper Training can also be a bad thing if you actually want your Pokemon to have a 0 IV value for its Speed stat.
If Super Training is anything to go by...you can still make that adjustment...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Edit: Apparently I do

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, well Bewear and Mimikyu have grown on me like them now. Wimpod, Bounsweet, Comfey, and Mudsdale all great want all these Pokemon on my team their great.

Hyper training got beefed up liking the looks of it so far, Bottle cap collecting well be something I'll do a lot then sounds fine to me. The new global link thing looks good. Liking all the news. Was satisfied with all of it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I can't help looking at Bonusweet and think of Cherubi. I kind of hoped it would be like a pre evolution, but why give a useless Pokémon a pre-evolution?

The actual Pokémon Comfey also reminds me of Cottonee and Whimsicot. It's just those eyes and the grin.

I must say though, aside from Bewear, this is the first batch of new Pokémon revealed (aside from the starters) that actually feel like Pokémon. Like, I don't dislike the designs of any of the new Pokémon (aside from Bewear), but they do look legitimately different. They've grown on me a little since they were revealed, but they still do look a little odd. These lot do look really good though. It could just be the similarities I am drawing with past Pokémon, I don't know, but they genuinely do look good regardless.

D

Deleted member

Appearently there will be more Sun and Moon news on August 1st.
Hopefully they will finally show off the starters evolutions

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can't help looking at Bonusweet and think of Cherubi. I kind of hoped it would be like a pre evolution, but why give a useless Pokémon a pre-evolution?

The actual Pokémon Comfey also reminds me of Cottonee and Whimsicot. It's just those eyes and the grin.

I must say though, aside from Bewear, this is the first batch of new Pokémon revealed (aside from the starters) that actually feel like Pokémon. Like, I don't dislike the designs of any of the new Pokémon (aside from Bewear), but they do look legitimately different. They've grown on me a little since they were revealed, but they still do look a little odd. These lot do look really good though. It could just be the similarities I am drawing with past Pokémon, I don't know, but they genuinely do look good regardless.
Bonusweet is very cherubi like. I do hope it gains some differences in it's evolutions though.

And I do like all the designs, it's gong to be hard for me to decide a team this time! Can't wait to see more!
Appearently there will be more Sun and Moon news on August 1st.
Hopefully they will finally show off the starters evolutions
If they do new Pokemon, I'd guess it be either a second guardian or the starter evos. I think the news update will focus on features and the guide to Alola will expand or share new information on these.

Also going to say this is when Synchro will be revealed in full.

D

Deleted member

Well more news on August 1st huh? Hopefully some new Pokemon but also new features. I wouldn't mind if it's started evolutions or synchro but we'll see.

And the following week a guide to the southern island if Alola I look forward to it!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
A new interview was posted about the upcoming games, nothing too big as it's more elaboration about what we knew, but a few interesting tidbits I caught were:

-Zygarde's 50% seems to have had a different design process behind it as Masuda says 'it was the result of a properly thought design', but then goes on to say that 10% and Complete were surprises to the Development Team and only remarks on them being 'interesting'. So it seems like their designs were a bit different from what was expected of the original Zygarde.
-The Pokémon having more emphasized expressions and movements is the result of finally getting comfortable with the 3D models.
-The reason behind Battle Royal is to allow players to come together and just have fun with each other regardless of skill, and they then give an example by saying how a strong trainer can still lose the match while a weak one could pull it off with a proper strategy.
-They are considering linkage with GO, but they're thinking up of ways to connect the two without breaking the balance of either and making one or the other boring as a result.
-They're using QR codes as a way to connect the games to the real world for kids, it's a feature also shared with the new Ga-Ole Arcade machine in Japan and it was 'perfect timing' for both since they can play the Arcade game and then link up to the main games, such as with Magearna's Ga-Ole Disc.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I can't handle this

EDIT: Ash Greninja'd

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can't' believe the Chinese leaks were right!

I am fine with this though, it looks amazing.

I can't' believe the Chinese leaks were right!
Were the starter evos part of the leak?

Also:
  1. Grass/Fire
  2. Fire/Ice
  3. Fire/Fairy
  4. Electric/Dark
  5. Electric/Rock
  6. Electric/Fighting
  7. Electric/Psychic
  8. Electric/Poison
  9. Bug/Ice
  10. Bug/Dark
  11. Bug/Normal
  12. Bug/Psychic
  13. Bug/Dragon
  14. Ice/Normal
  15. Ice/Poison
  16. Ice/Fighting
  17. Psychic/Poison
  18. Ghost/Normal
  19. Ghost/Rock
  20. Ghost/Fighting
  21. Poison/Fairy
  22. Poison/Steel
  23. Poison/Normal
  24. Poison/Rock
  25. Rock/Normal
  26. Ground/Fighting
  27. Ground/Fairy
  28. Fighting/Dragon
  29. Fighting/Fairy
  30. Normal/Dark
  31. Normal/Steel
  32. Dark/Fairy
We have our first Ice/Steel and Ice/Fairy type, which means that 32 combinations remain unused.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also:

We have our first Ice/Steel type, which means that 33 combinations remain unused.
Yes, they were.
Also, don't forget about Ice/Fairy, since Ninetails' Alola form is Ice/Fairy.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Also:

We have our first Ice/Steel type, which means that 33 combinations remain unused.
Yes, they said the concept is real. Also the grass chick is in litten's:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really hope you're correct with that: I don't want another Fire/Fighting starter.
Somewhere, someone mentioned it, and I think it works well. He has an evil wrestler vibe to him. So fighting could be skipped.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I wonder how they are going to do these new forms especially with Exeggcute who doesn't even look any different from their original form.. the Sawsbuck idea keeps coming to mind but at the same time it's still different..

And the dancing bird.. does it still get to use it's normally planned move the same turn as well as the dance move? Also does the ability activate immediately after a dance move has been used? The potential of this Pokemon looks a bit scary in doubles and triple battles

Inb4 ninetales ice gets Snow Warning as its hidden ability lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wonder how they are going to do these new forms especially with Exeggcute who doesn't even look any different from their original form.. the Sawsbuck idea keeps coming to mind but at the same time it's still different..

And the dancing bird.. does it still get to use it's normally planned move the same turn as well as the dance move? Also does the ability activate immediately after a dance move has been used? The potential of this Pokemon looks a bit scary in doubles and triple battles

Inb4 ninetales ice gets Snow Warning as its hidden ability lol
My guess is it's like the Orange Islands.

These pokemon are like that in the wild but to get their old forms you need to transfer.

Breeding an Ice ninetails would yield only the ice form, but breeding a regular would get you regular.

Do you guys think the same Pokemon could have both Mega Evolution and Alola form?

Somewhere, someone mentioned it, and I think it works well. He has an evil wrestler vibe to him. So fighting could be skipped.
Yeah, it definitely fits. Besides, a lot of fans would be pissed if we got another Fire/Fighting starter.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do you guys think the same Pokemon could have both Mega Evolution and Alola form?

Yeah, it definitely fits. Besides, a lot of fans would be pissed if we got another Fire/Fighting starter.
Maybe, but according to the rumors, Megas should be gone. No new ones, but old ones are still usuable. I could see a few of them get it. It be interesting to see.

There's suppose to be a fighting/psychic alakazam, so that would mean it's possible.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
My guess is it's like the Orange Islands.

These pokemon are like that in the wild but to get their old forms you need to transfer.

Breeding an Ice ninetails would yield only the ice form, but breeding a regular would get you regular.
The only problem will be finding out if the Exeggcute in your Pokemon box will become grass/psychic or Grass/dragon lol
I wouldn't mind Litten becoming Fire/Ground since we only have numel line and P-Groudon..

Where is the rumor about no new mega Pokemon coming about?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The only problem will be finding out if the Exeggcute in your Pokemon box will become grass/psychic or Grass/dragon lol
I wouldn't mind Litten becoming Fire/Ground since we only have numel line and P-Groudon..

Where is the rumor about no new mega Pokemon coming about?
There was a rumor somewhere, that had this info, might be wrong.

But it's August, if there were megas, we'd have known by now. Especially with this update.

Maybe, but according to the rumors, Megas should be gone. No new ones, but old ones are still usuable. I could see a few of them get it. It be interesting to see.
Yeah, I doubt there will be new Megas. But I meant do you think Pokemon who already have Megas could get an Alola variation?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, I doubt there will be new Megas. But I meant do you think Pokemon who already have Megas could get an Alola variation?
For megas? Well maybe.

It makes sense, but we have to be able to catch them. The abra exists, so a fighting Psychic mega alakazam could very well happen. That be an interesting shake up to the current formula and competitive scene.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well, with the Reddit leak looking to be real...

No gyms
More than 1 evo for Rockruff (including a werewolf)
Yungoos' evolution is fat and hairy.
Time works differently in each version
New forms for old Pokemon (not Megas, think Shellos/Wormadam)
Pokemon transferred from the VC releases will have pre-gen 6 typings/stats.
The stone bracelet has nothing to do with Synchro Evolution.
Ash-Greninja is in the game.
S.S. Anne appears in the game.
Larger, but not by much, amount of brand new Pokemon than last gen.
Looker, Cynthia, Blue, Zinnia, AZ, and Lance all make appearances.
Furfrou's hair cut can be changed in the new Amie.
Some of the new forms for old Pokemon get new animations (Ones I know of include the Abra line)
Transferring through Bank will be the only way to get some forms of old Pokemon.
There is a Flying type bird Pokemon whose appearance varies by island (think Darwin).
There is a 2-stage cat Pokemon that is normal when captured in the wild, but it will inherit the father's primary type as it's 2nd type when hatched; the color/pattern varies by type (think Vivillion).
The Snowman from the Chinese leaks is real; Ice/Ghost. 2-stage
-Predicted No Gyms, Yungoos' evolution, the new forms, and the birds, so nothing to say there.
-More then 1 evolution for Rockruff is interesting, so that begs the question how you get them. If I were to guess, it's tied to the starters since Corocoro said they "share a secret" and it doesn't seem to be Z-Moves like I thought. If I'm correct, then the werewolf evolution will likely be connected to Litten since it'd fit well with the (most likely confirmed) evolution that's set for it, particularly if it is Fire/Dark.
-Interestingly, this leak contradicts the Chinese leak with Synchro Evolution as it says it's not connected to the bracelets while the Chinese leak says it is. Since both of these are looking to be right, I'm curious where the discrepancy lies with these two.
-I honestly don't know what to think about the pre-Gen 6 typing/stats. It does make sense if it's tied to the VC release, but most of the new types and stats that the Kanto Pokémon got were completely superior to their pre-Gen 6 forms, so I'm curious how that would work without making them a pointless gimmick.
-Not surprised about the limited number of new Pokémon, particularly with the Alola forms, though the fact that they're revealing a bunch before release again like with XY is a bit disappointing.
-I'd be excited to see Looker, Cynthia, Blue and Lance again, hopefully we'll see some other characters from previous games like N or Steven.
-The 2 stage Cat Pokémon sounds very interesting, I hope it's pulled off well.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Since we now know that Mudsdale has a pre-evolution, I wanted to try to set up a base stat spread that seems sensible for Mudbray and its evolution...

Mudbray
HP: 100
Attack: 100
Defense: 50
SP ATK: 10
SP DEF: 30
Speed: 40
Total: 330

Mudsdale
HP: 150
Attack: 150
Defense: 90
SP ATK: 40
SP DEF: 60
Speed: 10
Total: 500

Since Mudbray is Mudsdale's pre-evolution, it's less powerful. However, Mudbray would actually have a higher base speed than Mudsdale, since it weighs a lot less.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Simultaneously hyped and underwhelmed.

Underwhelmed by the new Pokemon and the Z-Moves. No interest here whatsoever.

Hyped by the new forms of existing Pokemon. If the leaks are true I'm particularly looking forward to Fire/Water Growlithe. I hope that these new forms will open up new prospects for the original Pokemon too via move tutoring, TM's and breeding though breeding is the one that seems most likely.

It would be nice to have some kind of facility where you could switch Pokemon between their original and alolan formes. However I really don't think this is likely so I'm not looking forward to breeding for ANOTHER Shiny Growlithe....

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Copy and pasting my thoughts about the new information on the new Sun and Moon information revealed today.
So I woke up and watched the new Sun and Moon trailer. Here are my thoughts.

Alola forms for old Pokemon? That surprised me, but what we got so far looks pretty decent. Exeguttor's looks a bit odd at first, but I think I'll get used to it. I believe it's one of the largest Pokemon around, towering at 35'09''. Not as big as Wailord, but that's still pretty big. Grass/Dragon is a surprising typing, but hey, I guess that makes it more competitively viable. I was also shocked when I learned that it has a fourth head on its tail.

The Vulpix line's Alola forms look really nice. Ice/Fairy is a neat type combination too. The Sandshrew line becoming Ice/Steel and gaining some neat-looking forms alts is cool too. I was a bit surprised the Nineties and Sandslash lines underwent such a radical type change considering both Fire and Ground fit the Alola region really well, but after reading the descriptions how they became those types, I can understand the reasons. I can't wait to see what other Pokemon

As for the new Pokemon, Oricorio looks pretty neat with its different forms for each island. That ability is going to be pretty interesting for competitive considering it can use a foe's "Dance" move immediately after it is used. Minior looks rather odd. It looks like some sort of scientific particle. The "unshielded" form looks cute though.

Gumshoos made me laugh the first time I saw it. And just when we all joked about how Yangoose looked so much like Trump, we get its evolution looking even more like Trump. I called it there would be memes regarding Gumshoos, and first thing I see when I entered this thread, we already got one. I still like Gumshoos design though; much better than the pre-evolution in my opinion.

Can't say much about Fomantis, but its evolution, Lurantis, is definitely one of, if not my favorite Alola Pokemon revealed thus far. I really like the design: elegant and pretty with a dual-slashing ability. Mudbray looks OK. I knew it that Mudsdale was the final evolution of something, and now we've got the pre-evolution.

So it looks we won't be having the gym leader system anymore thanks to the island challenges. Well, I know the island challenges are meant to the Alola version of the Pokemon League, but it's great to see a breath of fresh air. The trial captains revealed so far look pretty neat. Kiawe reminds me of Gym Leader Grant, especially because both have a similar hairstyle. We know one of the kahuna, and it is Hala. I wonder what his team will consist of: Pokemon sharing a type, or a balanced team? I can't wait to see the other kahunas.

The Poke-ride system looks interesting. I like how you can summon a certain Pokemon when you need to. I'm also glad we finally have the reveal of the Z-moves. I only wonder how will a Pokemon hold onto a "Z crystal," because if it's a held item, that means Pokemon that can Mega Evolve probably won't gain access to the Z moves if they hold a Mega Stone.

As for the leaked information, if those starters truly are the real deal now (though I can understand why considering the information matchup and one of the trial challengers appearing on the concept art of the Litten evolution), then I can honestly say I will pick Popplio for one playthrough. I'm digging the mermaid design. Rowlet looks pretty cool to with the Archer design too.
As for the Chinese leak that is supposedly real as of today, the parts that really interest me are Zinnia returning and the cat evolution line. I hope Zinnia's appearance in Sun and Moon will impact the plot in some way, but I'm ready for the possibility that this could just be a cameo. The cat that inherits a type based on the father is a pretty neat concept as well.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Found this on NeoGaf:

Apparently this was posted on the Japanese twitter before being taken off, it seems like it's the new "Badge case" in a sense, as you have four symbols for the four islands. What makes this interesting is that while we do have yellow and red, we don't have blue and green like we speculated to correlate with the Gen 1 games, it's instead Pink and Purple. This is interesting because it matches the four Oricorio colors, and it may imply that there are more then four "Team Captains" as Mallow's color for instance does not match up with any of them. It also could mean that, if the four guardian Pokémon do match with the colors, their typings could be Elecrtic/Fairy (Tapu Koko), Fire/Fairy, Psychic/Fairy, and Ghost/Fairy.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
When I finished watching the trailer I was "Wow, this will be the Fire Emblem Gaiden of Pokemon games"
Alternate forms: Exxegutor looks like a palm tree at last. Still looks creepy. Vulpix and Ninetales look adorable, but I don't think they will be anything of worth unless Ice-type is not garbage anymore. Same with Sandshrew and Sandslash. It says that they are "Alola" forms, does this means they are only found as Ice types in Alola and for getting the regular ones we have to transfer?
Gumshoos is TOTALLY a Donald Trump parody. The song played during the Ride Pokemon segment reminds me of Delfino Plaza for some reason....The Island Challenge TOTALLY gives me vibes of Orange Islands. Also, Mallow. She is Shauna. Lana, Sophocles, and Kiawe are terrifying. Totem battles reminds me of Golden Sun and Earthbound, I'm glad they finally took advantage of having multiple Pokemon on screen. Z-Power looks interesting.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
The trailer is absolutely wild. If Megas are still in the game and mons continue to get them during this gen then this could be my favorite generation easily.

They are attempting to do something unique with the game rather than the standard '8 gyms + beat evil bad guys + become champion' formula and its making me so excited.

If you've played pokemon zeta/omicron/insurgence then you know about delta pokemon. However, I doubt thats where Gamefreak got the concept from. Before those games were made Pokemon TCG had special pokemon cards with alternate typings to the original. An example off the top of my head was an Electric Type Charmander. Anyway, I love the idea. Ice Vulpix and Sandshrew are adorable. I hope they give mons from later gens alternate typings, though. I don't like Gen 1 getting everything while the other gens are just there.

If the chinese leak is true (seems to be, hard to ignore after it made wild reveals that ended up true) then I'm not impressed with the Cat. Rowlett's and Popplio's final Evos aren't bad though.

Please be wrong about Mega Evolution being ignored this gen...please.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Please be wrong about Mega Evolution being ignored this gen...please.
If Mega Evolutions were going to be ignored in the future, then what was the whole point in having them in the first place?

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
That does make sense, I guess, but I think there's still no reason to get rid of them.

Using Rayquaza as an example, it has been stated that the meteorites it consumes give it the power to Mega Evolve on its own, and in order to achieve that in the game, Rayquaza would have to learn Dragon Ascent. So even if Mega Stones were made unavailable in Alola, the logic in leaving Mega Evolutions out just doesn't add up to me, because Rayquaza achieves this through knowing a move instead of holding its namesake Mega Stone.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That does make sense, I guess, but I think there's still no reason to get rid of them.

Using Rayquaza as an example, it has been stated that the meteorites it consumes give it the power to Mega Evolve on its own, and in order to achieve that in the game, Rayquaza would have to learn Dragon Ascent. So even if Mega Stones were made unavailable in Alola, the logic in leaving Mega Evolutions out just doesn't add up to me, because Rayquaza achieves this through knowing a move instead of holding its namesake Mega Stone.
I don't think it's gone permanently

Just no more new ones

Top Bottom