• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
New Pokémanz!

I like them all and their ability are actually amazing! The horse one also weights 920 kg (2028~ pounds) making him the second heaviest Pokémon, just below Groudon and its Primal reversion.

D

Deleted member

These new Pokemon look weird
I don't really have an opinion on any of them.

RIP Surskit's unique typing. I hope Wimpod at least keeps it's typing when it evolves.

I don't really have opinion on Bounsweet or Comfey. Mudsdale looks cool, I might have him on my team.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
YOU CAN INCREASE YOUR POKÉMON'S IVS BY USING THE SUPER TRAINING WHEN THEY ARE LV 100!!!

I'm so happy I can't take this ,____,

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
New Pokémanz!

I like them all and their ability are actually amazing! The horse one also weights 920 kg (2028~ pounds) making him the second heaviest Pokémon, just below Groudon and its Primal reversion.
Wimpod-FINALLY ANOTHER BUG/WATER TYPE!!! I hope this guy turns into a giant isopod....that would be cool...

Bounsweet-Another Cherubi? I dunno, don't really care for this guy...

Comfey-inb4 not a grass type...inb4 too many inanimate objects...neat idea but I hope it evolves into something more interesting...

Mudssdsdssddale-Ground horse, eh...neat design at least...I guess it's alright....nothing for me to get excited about so far...is it's ability like speed boost or does it raise it's defense only after taking damage?

Mimikyu-:) Disguise seems to be like an automatic substitute which is neat...so cool how it just goes limp after it breaks XD...I love this thing...

Bewear-that cry...excuse you...

Other than the already leaked Mimikyu...I'm really digging Wimpod (It's ability seems really annoying though), but as stated I hope it turns out to be a giant isopod...

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
YOU CAN INCREASE YOUR POKÉMON'S IVS BY USING THE SUPER TRAINING WHEN THEY ARE LV 100!!!

I'm so happy I can't take this ,____,
THANK YOU GAMEFREAAAAK! NO MORE OF THE STUPID "THE POKEMON YOU CAUGHT USN'T GENETICALLY GIFTED" BULL****.

YEEEESS!

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I'm wondering about Triage though.. does it work with Status moves only or will it work with moves like Draining Kiss, and Giga Drain? either way attach an eviolite with a pokemon having that ability and it's going to be a pain dealing with if it has good defenses lol
Wimpod is going to be annoying to catch... and sometimes at the annoyance of Abra's levels..

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm wondering about Triage though.. does it work with Status moves only or will it work with moves like Draining Kiss, and Giga Drain? either way attach an eviolite with a pokemon having that ability and it's going to be a pain dealing with if it has good defenses lol
Wimpod is going to be annoying to catch... and sometimes at the annoyance of Abra's levels..
Just don't hurt it.

D

Deleted member

The new Pokes, outside of the already revealed Mimikyu, don't interest me all that much. I do like Bewear's name though... I'm a sucker for bad puns. :p

Hyper Training though... I'm glad this exists. Now we can increase the IVs and stats of Pokemon at level 100! That's incredible!

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Copy and pasting my thoughts about the news from the Nintenzone Social.
Wimpod looks pretty neat with that ancient look to it, though it's going to be a pain to catch in the wild with that "Wimp Out" ability. I only wonder if this ability will allow you to pick which Pokemon to switch or if it's like Roar where a Pokemon is chosen at random, assuming you own a Wimpod and it activates the ability.

Bounsweet looks like Cherubi's sister mon considering they both look like cherries, though between the two, I like Bounsweet more.

Comfey looks like another Fairy-type that emphasizes flowers. It looks nice. I like the flower crown design going for it. I think it's also worth mentioning that its ability, Triage, gives it priority whenever it uses healing moves, which is actually pretty good for competitive. Something tells me it will evolve into a more defensive Pokemon because of this.

Mudsdale is my favorite of the bunch revealed today. Looks shaggy, but pretty powerful at the same time. Stamina is a pretty cool ability considering it boosts Defense whenever it gets hit by an attack. The website states that Mudsdale has low speed but high attacking power and stamina, so I think this means its specialty states will be Attack and Defense with Speed being on the low side. I also think Mudsdale is the final evolution in its evolution line. Its roughly 8 feet high and looks quite developed overall.

Can't say much about Bewear and Mimikyu since we already knew about them. "Bewear" is a funny name though, but that Fluffy ability sounds pretty interesting. Mimikyu's ability being a one-time Substitute sounds pretty nice as well.

And the ability to finally boost the IV's of a Pokemon without ever having to breed to gain the right IV value? Yes please! I like how you can even grow IVs when a Pokemon is at Level 100, but I hope that a non-level 100 Pokemon can also make use of this Hyper Training feature. It's also nice to see that the Global Link will finally allow you to create your own competitions.
I've been thinking that Wimpod could also be based on a silverfish, those small insects you often find in your home. They both have two antennas on the top of their heads, a three-part tail-like appendages on the other end of their bodies, and a circular to oval-like body shape. Much like how a Wimpod can easily run away, silverfish can move very quickly if spooked.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like the new mons and features! The horse is cool and the Leigh(if I spelled this right) is a pretty smart Hawaii based pokemon idea. Bug and water is a good type combo as well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just don't hurt it.
Using Gastro Acid to suppress Wimp Out could also do the job. With Wimp Out suppressed, you can catch Wimpod more easily.

Hyper Training though... I'm glad this exists. Now we can increase the IVs and stats of Pokemon at level 100! That's incredible!
If your Pokemon has to be at level 100 to be able to do Hyper Training, then you might have a problem, especially if the Pokemon you're raising is using the Fluctuating formula.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Does anyone think there'll be an easy way to have a Pokemon reach Level 100 for this game? Now that we know that you can only access to Hyper Training when there's a Pokemon at Level 100, I can't help but think there should be some way to let a Pokemon reach that level in order to make this feature more accessible. We had the Blissey Secret Base team in OR/AS to achieve that quick Level 100 method, but with secret bases unlikely to return, I just wonder what would be the new "quick-way" to level up.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I'm hoping that this game's Elite Four will be the hardest we've seen. Hell, I'm hoping that the whole game is going to be the hardest we've seen. I'd love to see the Elite Four have around level 80-90 Pokemon, with the champion having level 90-100 Pokemon upon the 2nd Visit.

Higher levels to face would make getting to higher levels much easier. It'd also be more 'natural' that way.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Does anyone think there'll be an easy way to have a Pokemon reach Level 100 for this game? Now that we know that you can only access to Hyper Training when there's a Pokemon at Level 100, I can't help but think there should be some way to let a Pokemon reach that level in order to make this feature more accessible. We had the Blissey Secret Base team in OR/AS to achieve that quick Level 100 method, but with secret bases unlikely to return, I just wonder what would be the new "quick-way" to level up.
Regardless of what happens though, it'll take much less time to level up a Zangoose to level 100 than it does to level up a Seviper to level 100.

I'm hoping that this game's Elite Four will be the hardest we've seen. Hell, I'm hoping that the whole game is going to be the hardest we've seen. I'd love to see the Elite Four have around level 80-90 Pokemon, with the champion having level 90-100 Pokemon upon the 2nd Visit.

Higher levels to face would make getting to higher levels much easier. It'd also be more 'natural' that way.
We probably don't want the first Elite Four visit to be too hard though.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
We probably don't want the first Elite Four visit to be too hard though.
Oh, of course. That's still understandable, but I'd still like to at least see full teams of six at a challenging level. The levels I had in mind were for when you re-visit the Elite Four after beating the game the first time around.

You know another thing I REALLY want to see? The World Championships (Or whatever its called) thing from Black 2 and White 2. I'd love to go up against old gym leaders and champions again. With 3D graphics and animations, It'd make the experience a lot more impressive, too. Who doesn't want to get floored again by Cynthia's Garchomp in wonderful 3D?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Oh, of course. That's still understandable, but I'd still like to at least see full teams of six at a challenging level. The levels I had in mind were for when you re-visit the Elite Four after beating the game the first time around.

You know another thing I REALLY want to see? The World Championships (Or whatever its called) thing from Black 2 and White 2. I'd love to go up against old gym leaders and champions again. With 3D graphics and animations, It'd make the experience a lot more impressive, too. Who doesn't want to get floored again by Cynthia's Garchomp in wonderful 3D?
PWT. And that would be cool.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well yeah, the second visit should be made more difficult to compensate for the first visit's easier difficulty. The Elite Four in Black 2 and White 2 is a good reference to look at in this situation.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately, I've been wondering about how Mudsdale will work out. Based on the description, it's not very fast, but has high power and stamina. Makes me wonder how its base stat spread will work out, considering that its stats are still a mystery to us.

HP: 160
Attack: 170
Defense: 95
SP ATK: 10
SP DEF: 95
Speed: 10
Total: 540

Strikes very hard with physical attacks, but its power and HP are offset by a very slow base speed value.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Lately, I've been wondering about how Mudsdale will work out. Based on the description, it's not very fast, but has high power and stamina. Makes me wonder how its base stat spread will work out, considering that its stats are still a mystery to us.

Strikes very hard with physical attacks, but its power and HP are offset by a very slow base speed value.
Pokemon quite literally never does that. His special attack will definately not be 10 base.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If the world tournament isn't in the game for the anniversary, I'd be very disappointed as it works so well.

I do think post game content will definitely be included as they seem to want to make the game feel really complete and like the ultimate experience.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pokemon quite literally never does that. His special attack will definately not be 10 base.
Hey, you never know. Beedrill's base special attack is 45, and yet its special attack stat gets decreased by 30 points upon mega evolving into Mega Beedrill.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

That's ridiculously disjointed. I imagine the speed will be very low but what you've described is very, very unlikely. Something more like:

HP 140
ATK 100
DEF 90
SP ATK 80
SP DEF 90
SPEED 20
TOTAL 520

Seems substantially more reasonable assuming this doesn't evolve further. Don't use Mega Beedrill in an argument when that's tinkering with the stats to make it viable given the overall BST can only increase by 100.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's ridiculously disjointed. I imagine the speed will be very low but what you've described is very, very unlikely. Something more like:

HP 140
ATK 100
DEF 90
SP ATK 80
SP DEF 90
SPEED 20
TOTAL 520

Seems substantially more reasonable assuming this doesn't evolve further. Don't use Mega Beedrill in an argument when that's tinkering with the stats to make it viable given the overall BST can only increase by 100.
Still, we've seen evolutions that actually decrease a Pokemon's stats more than once. I just think that for a Pokemon who outweighs so many other Pokemon (weighing 2028.3 lbs., losing only to Groudon and Primal Groudon), Mudsdale should at least have the attack power to prove its strength; a base 100 attack can feel underwhelming in this case. Also, the very low base speed (being tied with Trapinch) would at least keep Mudsdale from being too overpowered.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Huh, well this is an interesting tidbit that was overlooked.

Over at Bulbapedia, they made a thread about a comment from an E3 video. During a Nintendo Minute, one of the questions that the commentator asks is "What are the trials you need to take to become a Pokémon Champion in Pokémon Sun and Moon?" The answer she gives isn't Gyms, it's "Island Trials".

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Still, we've seen evolutions that actually decrease a Pokemon's stats more than once. I just think that for a Pokemon who outweighs so many other Pokemon (weighing 2028.3 lbs., losing only to Groudon and Primal Groudon), Mudsdale should at least have the attack power to prove its strength; a base 100 attack can feel underwhelming in this case. Also, the very low base speed (being tied with Trapinch) would at least keep Mudsdale from being too overpowered.
Really?

You think a Pokemon with 170 base attack (20 more than Groudon, for example), 160/95/95 defenses (Very similar to Giratinas Origin Forme) +very strong ability that raises defense every time it gets hit and no visible downside apart from very low speed is not overpowered? Come on. I don't believe you can read this and not think such a Pokemon would be absurd.

I don't care what the description says. There are some hilariously misleading descriptions especially if you look at, say, Speed.

D

Deleted member

I think Mudsdale's base speed is going to be 50 at best. It definetly will be slow, but I don't think it'll be THAT slow.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Here's some calculations to show how silly such a Pokemon would be:

252 Spatk Modest Life Orb Abomasnow Blizzard vs 0HP/0DEF Mudsdale = 91.9-108.8%

Uninvested, this Pokemon can survive a super effective, base 110 STAB move from a fully invested Abomasnow.

Of course, I'm being silly here. Given Mudsdales speed even offensive variants aren't investing in it, so 252HP/0/0 is likely to be the least bulky variant of this Pokemon in common play.

Of course, the above calculation no longer has any chance to OHKO. Let's show you an even more silly calculation:

252 Timid Scarf Kyogre Surf (In rain) - 97.7% - 115.6%

Seriously. An offensive variant of this Pokemon can survive a super effective, STAB move powered further by rain coming from Kyogre of all things. A specially defensive variant is guaranteed to survive the OHKO even after two rounds of SR damage.

Now let's look at the power. A completely Uninvested neutral natured Mudsdale could 2HKO with a neutral STAB Earthquake (54.8% - 65.1%). An offensive variant is 70% minimum.

I haven't done calculations against physical Pokemon yet due to the ability. This is any Skill Link attackers worst nightmare though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Really?

You think a Pokemon with 170 base attack (20 more than Groudon, for example), 160/95/95 defenses (Very similar to Giratinas Origin Forme) +very strong ability that raises defense every time it gets hit and no visible downside apart from very low speed is not overpowered? Come on. I don't believe you can read this and not think such a Pokemon would be absurd.

I don't care what the description says. There are some hilariously misleading descriptions especially if you look at, say, Speed.
Then perhaps some stat adjustments are in place.

HP: 150
Attack: 150
Defense: 90
SP ATK: 40
SP DEF: 60
Total: 500

Mudsdale would still be a heavy hitting physical attacker. As for the 150/90/60 defense spread, the weaker special defense would mean that using special attacks to take down Mudsdale would be recommended more.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Wait, I'm late to the party...

What exactly does this Hyper Training do, and how does it work?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Hyper Training is supposed to help increase the IVs for any Pokemon who's at level 100. However, the level 100 requirement is a huge inconvenience for any Pokemon who needs 1,250,000 (or even 1,640,000) experience points to reach that level.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

There's a man, named Mr. Hyper, you'll meet during your adventure in Alola who owns a shop and is a Bottle Cap collector. Bottle Caps are new items found in the region, and by giving him a Bottle Cap, you'll be able to increase the IVs of you Pokemon. Additionally, only Pokemon at Level 100 can make use of this feature.

That's all we know about Hyper Training at the moment. We don't know how you'll obtain Bottle Caps, nor do we know by how much will a single Bottle Cap increase IVs.

EDIT: Semi :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
There's a man, named Mr. Hyper, you'll meet during your adventure in Alola who owns a shop and is a Bottle Cap collector. Bottle Caps are new items found in the region, and by giving him a Bottle Cap, you'll be able to increase the IVs of you Pokemon. Additionally, only Pokemon at Level 100 can make use of this feature.

That's all we know about Hyper Training at the moment. We don't know how you'll obtain Bottle Caps, nor do we know by how much will a single Bottle Cap increase IVs.
So, lets say I transfer my full perfect IV and EV trained Feraligatr over to Sun and Moon. Hyper Training will have no effect on it I assume?

Thanks for your reply too Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy .

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So, lets say I transfer my full perfect IV and EV trained Feraligatr over to Sun and Moon. Hyper Training will have no effect on it I assume?

Thanks for your reply too Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy .
Hyper Training probably won't affect it all because that Feraligatr already has perfect IVs in all of its stats.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Hyper Training probably won't affect it all because that Feraligatr already has perfect IVs in all of its stats.
I see. I'm glad that's the case, because imagine being able to increase IV's past 31... that could create some big inconsistencies...

Still, collecting bottle caps... hmm...that reminds me of somebody...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Huh, well this is an interesting tidbit that was overlooked.

Over at Bulbapedia, they made a thread about a comment from an E3 video. During a Nintendo Minute, one of the questions that the commentator asks is "What are the trials you need to take to become a Pokémon Champion in Pokémon Sun and Moon?" The answer she gives isn't Gyms, it's "Island Trials".
This is interesting. There really is no reason for not mentioning gyms, but island trials could very well be the name of a new gym like feature, so this answer could go either way. Either way, I think next month will give us the deciding factor on whether or not there are gyms.

And it should also be noted that Magearna comes with a silver Bottle Cap.

Top Bottom