• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
For now, the Chinese leaks feels...plausible. We'll have to see how this turns out.

Fortunately, it's only a matter of time now until this month's Corocoro leaks and we learn if there's anything new therein.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
more pokemon leaks from Corocoro

the ghost is Mimikkyu and is Ghost/Fairy [:shades:] It has the ability called Disguise.. Mimikkyu hates sunlight, preferring dark places. It is rumoured that the cloth covering its body is a strategy to avoid the sun. Don't try to remove the cloth it is said that those that do become afflicted with an illness

Kiteruguma and is Normal/Fighting with the abilities Fluffy and Klutz,
People in Alola are scared of Kiteruguma to the point of having warning signs about it. It is really strong and can break anytthing in two. It likes to hug its trainers but is strong. Raising one puts your life in danger.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I'm a big fan of the Ghost/Fairy one. Not so much about the other, though. Black + pink irks my eyes.

These new Pokemon are my least favorites of this gen so far.

1. Grass/Fire
  2. Fire/Ice
  3. Fire/Fairy
  4. Electric/Dark
  5. Electric/Rock
  6. Electric/Fighting
  7. Electric/Psychic
  8. Electric/Poison
  9. Bug/Ice
  10. Bug/Dark
  11. Bug/Normal
  12. Bug/Psychic
  13. Bug/Dragon
  14. Ice/Steel
  15. Ice/Normal
  16. Ice/Poison
  17. Ice/Fairy
  18. Ice/Fighting
  19. Psychic/Poison
  20. Ghost/Normal
  21. Ghost/Rock
  22. Ghost/Fighting
  23. Ghost/Fairy
  24. Poison/Fairy
  25. Poison/Steel
  26. Poison/Normal
  27. Poison/Rock
  28. Rock/Normal
  29. Ground/Fighting
  30. Ground/Fairy
  31. Fighting/Dragon
  32. Fighting/Fairy
  33. Normal/Dark
  34. Normal/Steel
  35. Dark/Fairy
34 unused type combinations to go.

D

Deleted member

I'm not a fan of the new Kiteruguma. It just looks awkward with it's black body and pink head.
I can't say much on Mimikkyu, or Demonchu as I will call it, but hopefully it will gain a unique evolution that doesn't make it look like Raichu or something. I think I'll use it on my team

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I'm a big fan of the Ghost/Fairy one. Not so much about the other, though. Black + pink irks my eyes.
that three type immunity though :shades: but I'm guessing we have our "Yamask" line now lol there seems to be a bit of potential with the Ghost/fairy with it's typing but we still have no idea what the new abilities do or why Rockruff is at the bottom right and top right of the page..

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I don't understand why we are using spoilers. If you come into this thread you know information reveals will be pretty much all we talk about.

I LOVE the Ghost/Fairy. At first glance it is kinda lame looking but the more I think about its concept it becomes both creepy and really cute, which fits all too perfectly with its type combination.

The bear....the internet will rip it to shreds. This is the only mon revealed so far that I genuinely dislike.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I don't understand why we are using spoilers.
Because
I like
using
them
sorry
BTW, regarding the other missing types: I hope Marshadow will be Poison/Psychic or something on that line (there's a theory about it being a scorpion and I like the concept)
This Pokémon fascinates me more and more I think about it :estatic:
And yeah, I don't like the bear either

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I don't understand why we are using spoilers. If you come into this thread you know information reveals will be pretty much all we talk about.

I LOVE the Ghost/Fairy. At first glance it is kinda lame looking but the more I think about its concept it becomes both creepy and really cute, which fits all too perfectly with its type combination.

The bear....the internet will rip it to shreds. This is the only mon revealed so far that I genuinely dislike.
First post for these spoilers i made was to make the post not as long while the other was just so more people could look at them before they post :lol: (I honestly prefer going to Serebii first before knowing and talking about them openly :lol:)

it almost looks like a dead Pikachu with the Dumb fabric over it lol. not sure if there's any relations to it yet but we'll find out eventually :lol: but Steel and Ghost types are the only super effective types and Normal, Fighting, and Dragon are all immune :b:

D

Deleted member

Not a fan of the new Pokemon, especially the Pikachu like thing. Easily my least favorite of the Pokemon that were revealed so far.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If Kiteruguma can break anything in two, I can probably understand why people would be afraid of it.

Newsflash: Another Pokemon Trainer has died by the hand of a Kiteruguma. For everyone's safety, do not attempt to catch and raise this Pokemon.

So Kiteruguma is very strong, likes to hug, yet is very dangerous to trainers... are they implying that it crushes trainers to death by hugging them?

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Mimikkyu looks pretty cool, actually. The design looks both creepy yet adorable at the same. The typing's nice as well.
Kiteruguma... not liking it. The design itself looks dull and there's nothing else going for it either.

:094:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
If Kiteruguma can break anything in two, I can probably understand why people would be afraid of it.

Newsflash: Another Pokemon Trainer has died by the hand of a Kiteruguma. For everyone's safety, do not attempt to catch and raise this Pokemon.
Inb4 it can learn cut by squeezing the crap out of the bushes/trees but Zangoose still can't learn cut :lol:

Also Gameplay-Story segregation will prevent this from happening to the player lol
Tbh I almost mistook it as an evolution to the Slowpoke line based on how it looked lol

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Here's a new commercial/trailer for Pokémon Sun and Moon. It seems Pokémon-Amie is back.

I've read that the funny poses the trainer was doing might have something to do with the Ash-Greninja thing? I don't watch the anime, so I don't know a lot about that.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
The "fifth move" rumor looks to be true. The silly dance seems to be a trigger for it to activate.

Glad to see Pokemon Amie returns. I didn't use the feature much but I will now that I have Mimikkyu! ;v;

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Here's a new commercial/trailer for Pokémon Sun and Moon. It seems Pokémon-Amie is back.

I've read that the funny poses the trainer was doing might have something to do with the Ash-Greninja thing? I don't watch the anime, so I don't know a lot about that.
Looks like Pikachu was using some special move after the trainer did that pose...it also looked like the starters had some special move at the end of the trailer as well....it's be neat if the Pokemon had special synergy bursts...I can imagine various moves for each type being available as Synergy Bursts and you can assign them to the corresponding pokemon...

also that Sharpedo with the Seadoo attachment...

Edit: Mimikkyu was in the trailer also being traded for the Pancham...bet everyone and their mothers thought it was pikachu at first :4pikachu:

----

Just for fun
Projected/Wanted Team so far...with unconfirmed mons
Litten
Pikipeck
Ice Wolf
Dragon Eeveelution
Raptor Fossil
Dolphin

Reserves/Alternates if things don't go as planned
Rowlet
Salandit
Mimikkyu
Vikavolt
Rockruff

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
My Moon Team
Rowlett/Litten/Popplio
Vikavolt
Rockruff
Mimikkyu
Salandit/MEGA FLYGONNN??!!/*To be revealed*
*To be revealed*

D

Deleted member

My team so far is:
Rowlett
Pikachu
Rockruff
Mimikkyu

I dunno what else to use, but hopefully I will find some good mons that I like.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So Kiteruguma is very strong, likes to hug, yet is very dangerous to trainers... are they implying that it crushes trainers to death by hugging them?
I would think with information like that, Kiteruguma would be treated as a very slow, strong, and fairly durable Pokemon. For a base stat spread example...

HP: 120
Attack: 170
Defense: 90
SP ATK: 15
SP DEF: 90
Speed: 15
Total: 500

Of course, I do wonder what the Fluffy ability will do.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My guess is Fluffy might be like Intimidate except lower defense instead of attack...that's what I'm thinking at this point...

In which case that makes this even more dangerous since it would likely destroy you without the defense drop...

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Its probably something anti-meta.

The last several abilities have been purely competitive and all have some twist. Eerie impulse: makes the terrain moves relevent when they weren't before. Komala's ability: no status but sleep is afflictable. Yungoose: punishes switching. Drampa's ability: none of that swarm/overgrow/blaze/torrent bull****, a straight power increase to a stat. Corrosion: makes steel and poison types unsafe from arguably the most dangerous status in game. Dazzle: stops priority moves from working.

The abilities are all interesting game changers. I doubt Fluffy and Disguise(/False Colors?) will be any different.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Loving the new mons. The various art styles make the game fun to get info on. One thing left out from the Chinese leak is that the guy said the video would have 2 new mons but the gorilla and beaver did not show so I don't buy it atm.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Loving the new mons. The various art styles make the game fun to get info on. One thing left out from the Chinese leak is that the guy said the video would have 2 new mons but the gorilla and beaver did not show so I don't buy it atm.
Actually that was a different "leak", the Chinese leaker never mentioned those two Pokémon and never said anything about a trailer, the European leaker mentioned a trailer about those two Pokémon and the new move mechanic. For whatever reason, they're being attached to each other, even though the only thing both have in common is timing and the starter evolution concepts.

So nothing really happened for the Chinese leak, the European leak on the other hand is in dire trouble if not dead outright.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually that was a different "leak", the Chinese leaker never mentioned those two Pokémon and never said anything about a trailer, the European leaker mentioned a trailer about those two Pokémon and the new move mechanic. For whatever reason, they're being attached to each other, even though the only thing both have in common is timing and the starter evolution concepts.

So nothing really happened for the Chinese leak, the European leak on the other hand is in dire trouble if not dead outright.
Ah, I see. Yeah there seems to be a combining of them. Both are safe bets though but in different ways. So I'll watch and see how this plays out.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm keeping my expectations for the seventeenth really low. Given the huge amount of info lately I'm doubting anything major will happen.

:094:
I'm expecting an English version of this trailer with different scenes and footage from pokenchi episode.

And a thought occurred to me.

In the XYZ anime, Greninja is the main focus, but there was someone else first. Goodra.

Who they made it seem like he was coming back but kept it secretive even though it was obvious to the fanbase, but this threw off viewers a tiny bit. So I wonder if this whole 5th moves become a thing, what if after all Ash and Goodra went through he forms a "soul bond" as I've seen some start calling it, and goodra gets a new super move that nets the win for one of the nest fights? Maybe against Alain? A little crazy, but I think it be an interesting move.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So basically Kiteruguma hugs anything it sees breaks it in two? So hugging a person breaks their back?

I feel like I've seen that somewhere in an anime or movie....hmmm...

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Isn't there supposed to be gameplay and a new Pokken character this Thursday? Maybe a new Sun/Moon Poke will be revealed? Mimichu for Pokken!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Which one though? Maybe Drampa but I wouldn't hold out for it since we know next to nothing about the S&M Pokes.

Talking about S&M, all these back stories about these Pokes are pretty...heavy and adult-like. Yungoose devouring anything it sees? Drampa becoming enraged from witnessing child abuse/violence directed to children? The electric beetle using the battery grub to power itself up and then dropping it to its doom? Kiteruguma can crush things with bear hugs and the mimic Pokemon wears the skin of a Pikachu? Things are getting pretty real up in this region.

D

Deleted member

I'm literally the only person in this thread that noticed that one of the trainers in the trailer doesn't have his hat on.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My guess is Fluffy might be like Intimidate except lower defense instead of attack...that's what I'm thinking at this point...

In which case that makes this even more dangerous since it would likely destroy you without the defense drop...
Another possibility is that Fluffy protects the Pokemon from abilities that require physical contact to activate. This would mean that abilities like Rough Skin, Static, and Aftermath would be ignored. Likewise, the Tough Claws power boost would not be applied, as Fluffy negates its effects as well.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Another possibility is that Fluffy protects the Pokemon from abilities that require physical contact to activate. This would mean that abilities like Rough Skin, Static, and Aftermath would be ignored. Likewise, the Tough Claws power boost would not be applied, as Fluffy negates its effects as well.
This is a really good theory. I like it. For a Pokémon that hugs and "kill" people if it had limitations in its strenghts it would suck hard.

I'm literally the only person in this thread that noticed that one of the trainers in the trailer doesn't have his hat on.
FINALLY.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Which one though? Maybe Drampa but I wouldn't hold out for it since we know next to nothing about the S&M Pokes.

Talking about S&M, all these back stories about these Pokes are pretty...heavy and adult-like. Yungoose devouring anything it sees? Drampa becoming enraged from witnessing child abuse/violence directed to children? The electric beetle using the battery grub to power itself up and then dropping it to its doom? Kiteruguma can crush things with bear hugs and the mimic Pokemon wears the skin of a Pikachu? Things are getting pretty real up in this region.
The others were pretty dark but Mimikkyu doesn't wear dead pikachu skin....its just a merchandise left over from years ago that looks like Pikachu.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Isn't there supposed to be gameplay and a new Pokken character this Thursday? Maybe a new Sun/Moon Poke will be revealed? Mimichu for Pokken!
I believe so. While a sun and moon pokemon isn't impossible, it's unlikely. The games data implies that scizor and darkrai could be both playable, and there's also empoleon who would likely be playable.

If anyone got in, it could be the bear. It's 9 feet tall and could work well as a fighter, but be harder to do since it's so new.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
I believe so. While a sun and moon pokemon isn't impossible, it's unlikely. The games data implies that scizor and darkrai could be both playable, and there's also empoleon who would likely be playable.

If anyone got in, it could be the bear. It's 9 feet tall and could work well as a fighter, but be harder to do since it's so new.
Oh yeah, I'm aware of the datamining, Darkrai would be awesome! I just really like Mimichu! The bear would be neat too, perhaps as a proper grappler?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Oh yeah, I'm aware of the datamining, Darkrai would be awesome! I just really like Mimichu! The bear would be neat too, perhaps as a proper grappler?
Grappler would be what I think is possible. ursulaing to, so who knows.

A side note, sounds like it's evil team time next month as Corocoro is promising to be the everything you need to know about Aloa guide. So I wonder what will happen.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The others were pretty dark but Mimikkyu doesn't wear dead pikachu skin....its just a merchandise left over from years ago that looks like Pikachu.
Or....that's what they WANT you to think......

>,>

Yeah, I know. I was over-exaggerating.

Top Bottom