• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sprite Shop - Looking for Spriters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewter

Smash Master
Lol Koth...

Did you make that, ToiletRoll?

Oh, Kohldstare hasn't posted a sprite for two days.
Boot him to make room for others. :p

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, im sorry to inform the shop, but Im gonna need to take an even more extended break :(

Being in a college for art is rather demanding on my time....and my diskspace, so regretfully, i wont be able to do much spriting for a while >.<

Spire

III
BRoomer
It seems like the spriting phase is dying. I think we've all seen just about everything possible, and there's really not much room for reinvention.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Just because the shop has lapses of inactivity doesn't mean we have to close it so soon. I mean, it was kind of pointless to close the Custom Pokemon Shop and make this, which is just about identical, in the first place.

M.K

Level 55
Just because the shop has lapses of inactivity doesn't mean we have to close it so soon. I mean, it was kind of pointless to close the Custom Pokemon Shop and make this, which is just about identical, in the first place.
IIRC, the reason for closing the Custom Pokemon Shop was not in order to open this shop...
but, if I'm wrong, I'm entirely disappointed that we closed that shop at all.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It wasn't pointless.

I closed the Custom Pokemon Shop because I was done with a sprite shop. I decided not to keep it up anymore, I decided the shop had died in activity. And I'm not going to keep up with the OP for a shop I'm not a part of if I don't have to.

Maybe to the requesters it isn't much different, but you have to remember that the actual spriters in a shop actually is a pretty big change, and not "just about identical" at all.

If you haven't read my reasoning for closing the shop, you might want to do that.

Also, I thought I made it VERY clear in the closing of TCPS that the creation of the new shop only made me realize it was time to close the old one. It was not, in any way, to have a new one.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Or if you sprite enough, it's much more convenient to use The Spriter's Resource, which has the full sheets, and you don't have to return to a site every time you want a sprite. Which works especially well if you want to sprite and you don't have internet for some reason.

At least, it's always been my personal preference to work from sheets. And they have a bunch of HG/SS's sprites already, and they go all the way back to Pokémon Green.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I prefer visiting Bulbapedia because I end up reading information on the Pokemon I'm looking up while I'm there. Good way to learn things I'd probably never look up. Plus, they have all the sprites from all generations.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I prefer visiting Bulbapedia because I end up reading information on the Pokemon I'm looking up while I'm there. Good way to learn things I'd probably never look up. Plus, they have all the sprites from all generations.
Do you get HG/SS sprites there?, they don't seem to like showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom