• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Riddles

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
The Pokemon that made an appearance in every episode ( I think) that didn't belong to Ash, his friends and wasn't technically caught?
Is it Meowth? Every episode but the first Team Rocket's Meowth appears. And from what I learned from one of the original series episodes (Go West Young Meowth iirc) Meowth was not technically caught. Meowth doesn't belong to Ash or any of his friends; Meowth belongs to Team Rocket, the villains.

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
Okay fairly easy one

Name what are unique about I and IV grass starter and Gen II Fire Starter
Typhlosion is the only fully evolved pure-Fire starter. Torterra is the only Grass/Ground starter, and in fact the only Pokémon with hybrid Grass/Ground typing. Bulbasaur is the only starter in basic form to be a hybrid (Grass/Poison) and upon evolving to Venusaur it's still a Grass/Poison, and is in fact the only Grass/Poison starter line.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Typhlosion is the only fully evolved pure-Fire starter. Torterra is the only Grass/Ground starter, and in fact the only Pokémon with hybrid Grass/Ground typing. Bulbasaur is the only starter in basic form to be a hybrid (Grass/Poison) and upon evolving to Venusaur it's still a Grass/Poison, and is in fact the only Grass/Poison starter line.
Your missing something :D

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
They've been owned by Ash...?

This Pokemon has the absolute lowest base stat total in competitive battling. Who am I?
--This means no Magikarp. COMPETITIVE BATTLING. No NU, UU only.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
They've been owned by Ash...?

This Pokemon has the absolute lowest base stat total in competitive battling. Who am I?
--This means no Magikarp. COMPETITIVE BATTLING. No NU, UU only.
Sunkern?

10:007:s

0RLY

Sunkern is NVE.

Yeah this thread is dying so I'll just reveal the answer. It's Shedinja with a BST of 236, followed by Ditto with a BST of 288.

@ Ilucamy: You mean there's more than one? Outside of the obvious Shaymin, Celebi, Jirachi, Mew thing?

T

The Black Glove

Here's a good one. Who has the advantage in battle: Charizard or Magnezone?

0RLY

But Magnezone can use HP (Rock), and hold a Shuca Berry. Magnezone doesn't have glass defenses.

Lanturn resists all 3 elemental punches with the ability Volt Absorb.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Typhlosion and Charizard have the exact same base stats, believe it or not.

@ The Magnezone vs. Charizard riddle, does the moveset for either have to be actually usable in competitive battle? If not, you could just have a Charizard packing Blast Burn while holding charcoal or some other fire-type increasing item. It'll go through Magnezones Sp. Def even if it has 252 EV's and a good nature.

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
Sunkern?

10:007:s
Sunkern is used competitively, although very rarely, thanks to Endeavor (check my YouTube favorites for a video proof of it, where my channel is in my sig) and its base stat total is 180 (each base stat is 30)

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
Another pair with the exact same base stats, Silcoon and Cascoon

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
Typhlosion and Charizard have the exact same base stats, believe it or not.
That goes the same the entire line; that is, Charmander and Cyndaquil have the exact same base stats, and so do Charmeleon and Quilava. In fact the entire line is exactly the same in every respect except for what level they evolve from base to intermediate (Charmander to Charmeleon at 16, Cyndaquil to Quilava at 14) as well as their movepools.

0RLY

Sunkern is used competitively, although very rarely, thanks to Endeavor (check my YouTube favorites for a video proof of it, where my channel is in my sig) and its base stat total is 180 (each base stat is 30)
So why would one use Sunkern over Sunflora, hmm?

EDIT: It's impossible to find anything in your Youtube favorites.

Burrbomb

Smash Apprentice
I've got some riddles!

Who was the Battle Pike Queens first Pkmn in the battle frontier?

What was the secret of the haunted mansion in D&P. (No guide tells you, so either you know or not!)

What Pkmn than can have eggs cant have eggs with it's own species? Hint: Girl Charmander+Boy Charmander=egg

Which 3 Pkmn has been catchable in EVERY handheld Pkmn game?

Among Pkmn that join together to form they're evoloutions, which one of them is unique and why? (tricky!)

Thats all I can think of for now! (cause I'm lazy)

sonofthesky

Smash Journeyman
I've got some riddles!

What was the secret of the haunted mansion in D&P. (No guide tells you, so either you know or not!)
Ghosts

What Pkmn than can have eggs cant have eggs with it's own species? Hint: Girl Charmander+Boy Charmander=egg
Manaphy, Ditto
Gyarados, Zubat, Golbat, Magikarp, Pikachu
Among Pkmn that join together to form they're evoloutions, which one of them is unique and why? (tricky!)
Magezone, he has a 3rd evo
Riddle?
Done .

Burrbomb

Smash Apprentice
Q.1 I dont see an answer.

Q.3 Correct!

2 & 5 aren't right. 5 is arguable but not the answer I was looking for. Magneton does not fuse with another magnemite or magneton to create Magnezone, Magneton eveolves from wierd waves or somethin in the mountain. (forgot it's name)

Hint for Q.5: Mudkip Water→Marshtomp water/ground

(I knew I should've done my research on catchable Pkmn!)

And your missing 3 Pkmn in Q.4

Hint for Q.2: Red challenges Blue to fight!

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
pike queen lucy's first poke, seviper iirc?

is goldeen correct in q4? not quite psyduck (not in lg)

jigg?

and for 5, you said ground, if ground is the answer then diglett-dugtrio, if not then IDK

vinni57

Smash Cadet
I didn't see one, so I thought I would make a topic like this, just for kicks. I hope it hasn't already been implemented.

I thought that a thread dedicated to sharing Pokemon riddles (or testing each others Pokemon knowledge) would be cool. So, if this thread gets acknowledged, you can come here to post your own Pokemon riddles.

I'll go first: Name at least 3 Pokemon that were introduced to show before the generation that they appear in was released.
(I'll give an example that you should all know: Togepi in 1st gen)

Out of all the grass-type starters, which one is the odd one out and why?
bulbasaur because it has 2 types.:p

0RLY

I've got some riddles!

Seviper
There's a girl that appears in a room adjacent to you. She immediately leaves the room, but when you exit your room, she's not there.
There's too many. All genderless Pokemon+Ditto.
Magikarp, Gyarados, Pikachu, Zubat, Golbat, Tentacool, Geodude, Graveler
I don't know.
See Colored Text.

Burrbomb

Smash Apprentice
1: correct (even though I fought her Shuckle first)
2: still wrong
3: I'm looking for 1 specific Pokémon than can't have an egg with it's opposite gender. (1st stage only, example: Charmander)
4: Got em all
5: Pika25 got it, Diglet is the only Pokémon that fuses to form a new Pokémon with only 1 type.

#2 will be your guys biggest challenge, the thing that happens there is extremley rare and is activated randomly. (I'll reveal the answer at post 330 if no one gets it by then.)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Dugtrio, becasue it's the only one that isn't fused together

0RLY

1: correct (even though I fought her Shuckle first)
2: still wrong
3: I'm looking for 1 specific Pokémon than can't have an egg with it's opposite gender. (1st stage only, example: Charmander)
4: Got em all
5: Pika25 got it, Diglet is the only Pokémon that fuses to form a new Pokémon with only 1 type.

#2 will be your guys biggest challenge, the thing that happens there is extremley rare and is activated randomly. (I'll reveal the answer at post 330 if no one gets it by then.)
2) You can find Rotom there after you beat the game. You can find wild Gengar and Haunter with dual slot activated. You can find a one of a kind item: Old Gateau. It has the same effects of a full heal. That's all I got.
3) All baby Pokemon and Heatran.

Burrbomb

Smash Apprentice
Okay, 2 is still wrong, and I'm just going to say 3 cause it seems I can't re wright the question w/o getting the answer confused.

3's answer is, Chansey. Why Chansey? It was a trick question, Chansey can't have an egg with it's opposite gender cause it doesn't have an opposite gender. All female.

0RLY

Missingno is a placeholder Pokemon for the Pokemon you haven't seen yet in your Pokedex.

@ Burrbomb: A lot of Pokemon can only have one gender. Like the ones Platypus mentioned. My answers were correct too. >_>

Top Bottom