• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Riddles

zrky

Smash Lol'd
------------------------------------------------
Which Pokemon's feature episode was banned due to causing seizures?
Porygon:colorful:
---------
Which of the three legendary dogs never really got any recognition?
Raikou
---------
Which three Pokemon appeared giant and weird-looking in an episode of the anime, after the discovery of some odd objects? Which one was it that saved the day?
I think it was Charizard
--------
Which Pokemon was Ash going to pick (the first one), before he found out it was already taken (along with the other two starters)?
Squirtle?
--------
Who are the first and last Pokemon in the Pokerap?
I cant remember
--------
Which Pokemon was the first in Lance's Party in Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow?
Aerodactyl
--------
What separates the grass starters in fourth gen with the other three generations' starters? (The entire evolution chain, and it has nothing to do with stats or moves they can learn.)
They are the heaviest of all starters
--------
Which Pokemon were placed in puzzles in the Ruins of Alph in Gold/Silver/Crystal? (4 Answers)
Omanite, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops
--------
ill think up some questions later:)

What Pokémon have names that are palindromes?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Which Pokemon's feature episode was banned due to causing seizures?

Everyone got the first one right, it is indeed Porygon.
---------
Which of the three legendary dogs never really got any recognition?

Everyone got number two right as well, it's Raikou.
---------
Which three Pokemon appeared giant and weird-looking in an episode of the anime, after the discovery of some odd objects? Which one was it that saved the day?

jigglyppuff8 got this, it was indeed Alakazam, Gengar, and Jigglypuff, and Jigglypuff was indeed the one who saved the day.
--------
Which Pokemon was Ash going to pick (the first one), before he found out it was already taken (along with the other two starters)?

Squirtle was indeed the first Pokemon Ash chose. Then he went for Charmander, then Bulbasaur.
--------
Who are the first and last Pokemon in the Pokerap?

Bowser got this one right. "Electrode, Diglett, Nidoran, Mankey..." is the beginning and "...Omanyte, Slowpoke, Pidgeot, Arbok, that's all, folks!" is the end.
--------
Which Pokemon was the first in Lance's Party in Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow?

No one got this one...well, Bowser, it was one of the ones you said, but you guessed three so I won't give it to you yet. It was one of the three that you said.
--------
What separates the grass starters in fourth gen with the other three generations' starters? (The entire evolution chain, and it has nothing to do with stats or moves they can learn.)

Zrky TECHNICALLY got this right, but it wasn't the answer I was looking for. I'll see if anyone can get the one I was looking for.
--------
Which Pokemon were placed in puzzles in the Ruins of Alph in Gold/Silver/Crystal? (4 Answers)

Zrky got this one half right. Omanyte and Kabuto are correct, but Omastar and Kabutops did not appear on the puzzles.
--------

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No, Unown didn't appear in any of the puzzles, it was just the Pokemon found in the Ruins of Alph.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Allright, my turn for some riddles:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which 2 Pokémon don't need a compass?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which Pokémon suggests that males are way more fat than females?

What is the heaviest baby Pokémon?

Which legendary trio is different from the other ones and why?

Which 2 generations had the same amount of event-only legendaries?

Which 2 Pokémon lines evolve through the same way, according to the Pokedex only?

Which 2 pairs of Pokémon have an everlasting struggle? (Each pair has the struggle against themselfs, not against the other pair)

Name all the non-legendary Pokémon that come from space.

Which 2 pairs of Pokémon cries are only separated by the speed they play? (Yeah, can't find a better way to formulate it, I hope you get the question though)

Which 1th generation Grass-type stands out from the rest of the 1th generation Grass-types and why?

What Pokémon suggests that it's holy when only considering it's appearance?

Some of them are quite easy, but there are some braincrackers too.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Nosepass and Probopass.

Nidoking/Nidoqueen

The fourth gen trio, because they are all the same type.

1st gen and 2nd gen.

Porygon.

My answers to the questions I thought of right off the bat. I may try to answer some others later.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Ok, I'm sure Lances first was gyrados.

Allright, my turn for some riddles:

Nosepass and Probopass

Not sure.

bonsly

Dont know

1st and 2nd

Which 2 Pokémon lines evolve through the same way, according to the Pokedex only?

I dont know

Which 2 pairs of Pokémon have an everlasting struggle? (Each pair has the struggle against themselfs, not against the other pair)

seviper/zangoose and groudon/kyogre

clefairy's evo line is all I can think of

Which 2 pairs of Pokémon cries are only separated by the speed they play? (Yeah, can't find a better way to formulate it, I hope you get the question though)

Charizard/Rhyhorn and I forget the other

Which 1th generation Grass-type stands out from the rest of the 1th generation Grass-types and why?

Dont know

What Pokémon suggests that it's holy when only considering it's appearance?

Some of them are quite easy, but there are some braincrackers too.

Oh and Firus, what abou the birds??

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ok, I'm sure Lances first was gyrados.

Oh and Firus, what abou the birds??
Yes, correct! Gyarados was the first Pokemon in Lance's party.

What about what birds...?

Cimmantti

Smash Rookie
which trio is the legndary mirages
Because their all the same type

The grass ones are Tangela, because at the time the only one not to evolve and be only grass type

and what about legendary birds

Cimmantti

Smash Rookie
the ruins of aplh poekmon the other two are
like unown and i think aerodactyl

i think the grass starter ones are

Turtwig, Grotle, and Torterra

the only ones to have two grass starter pokemon in thei line that share the same first letter..........

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Eevee.

4 Pokemon that are man-made...

Mewtwo, Porygon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z

Meh...the fourth gen starters have too many things that set them aside from the rest. Um...fine, I'll give another hint. It has something to do with their types.

Yeah, that makes it really easy, but...

Which Pokemon were based on humans? (Tell me the Pokemon and the people they're based on)
----------
Which two Pokemon are combined with another Pokemon(The Pokemon themselves and the ones combined with them)?
----------
Which Pokemon evolution chain has an inconsistency in it? (This is a small detail that's missing)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Which two Pokemon are combined with another Pokemon(The Pokemon themselves and the ones combined with them)?
Well...if you put it that way...

Diglett fused with 2 more to make Dugtrio.
Magnemite fused with 2 more to make Magneton.
Koffing fused with another one to make Weezing.
Beldum fused with another one to make Metang.
Metang fused with another one to make Metagross.

I'm probably missing a few...

-Ter

Mewter

Smash Master
Eevee.

Castform, Mewtwo, Porygon, and one other one.
Meh...the fourth gen starters have too many things that set them aside from the rest. Um...fine, I'll give another hint. It has something to do with their types.

Which Pokemon were based on humans? (Tell me the Pokemon and the people they're based on)
Jynx was a stereotype of a fashion they had in Japan, right? SO they changed its face from black to blue.
----------
I don't get it.
----------
Which Pokemon evolution chain has an inconsistency in it? (This is a small detail that's missing)
Hm?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord

Nosepass and Probopass.

Nidoking/Nidoqueen

The fourth gen trio, because they are all the same type.

1st gen and 2nd gen.

Porygon.

My answers to the questions I thought of right off the bat. I may try to answer some others later.
Question 1 is correct.
The second question wasn't what I meant.
Q #3 and #4 are right too, but you forgot some at 5
bowser_king said:

bonsly

seviper/zangoose and groudon/kyogre

clefairy's evo line is all I can think of

Charizard/Rhyhorn and I forget the other
Question 1 and 2 are correct.
Clefairy evo's are correct but I've still not heared them all.
And you got me on the 4th one, I actually forgot Charizard and Rhydon:ohwell: So that makes 3 pairs.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well...if you put it that way...

Diglett fused with 2 more to make Dugtrio.
Magnemite fused with 2 more to make Magneton.
Koffing fused with another one to make Weezing.
Beldum fused with another one to make Metang.
Metang fused with another one to make Metagross.

I'm probably missing a few...

-Ter
Okay, I'm officially really bad at doing riddles. I always forget others that are the same way.

Let's put it this way; they're "fused" with two Pokemon of completely different evolution chains.

Well aren't they a legendary trio aswell and the all have the same type (flying).
Yes, but the birds also have Ice/Fire/Electric going for them. The Fourth gen trio has Psychic and only Psychic as their type.

In any case, that's what I could think of. No two gens are exactly alike (Ice/Fire/Electric, Water/Fire/Electric, Ice/Rock/Steel, Psychic/Psychic/Psychic), but fourth gen stands out the most to me.

Question 1 is correct.
The second question wasn't what I meant.
Q #3 and #4 are right too, but you forgot some at 5
Ah...you meant the male/female differences didn't you? I was thinking of opposite Pokemon of male only/female only, like Tauros and Miltank.

Um....Toxicroak? That's the only one I can think of. Even that doesn't really suggest males are fatter than females, but...

I know I missed the Clefairy Evolution line, as Bowser pointed them out...other than that, I've got no non-legendaries.

Mewter

Smash Master
Okay, I'm officially really bad at doing riddles. I always forget others that are the same way.

Let's put it this way; they're "fused" with two Pokemon of completely different evolution chains.
Aaah, well, that works!
I say...

Slowbro and Slowking.
are made of...
Slowpoke and Shellder.
There.:laugh:
:080:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Aaah, well, that works!
I say...

Slowbro and Slowking.
are made of...
Slowpoke and Shellder.
There.:laugh:
:080:
Um...

Nah, it doesn't, because I forgot about Slowking. Make that 3 Pokemon fused with another Pokemon.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Eevee.

Correct

Mr. Mime(mime), Jynx(supposedly al black stereotype)
----------
what Terywj said
----------
My guess:eevee

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Ah...you meant the male/female differences didn't you? I was thinking of opposite Pokemon of male only/female only, like Tauros and Miltank.

Um....Toxicroak? That's the only one I can think of. Even that doesn't really suggest males are fatter than females, but...
Nope, that's not the answer either. I give you a hint: the Pokémon is from the 3th generation.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The Pokemon based on humans, I meant more specifically. And I'm pretty sure Jynx wasn't supposed to be a black stereotype, people just made it into that.

The two Pokemon fused with another, see my response to Terywj.

My guess:eevee
Nope. It's a three step evolution chain, and the second one is missing a detail that the other two have.

Nope, that's not the answer either. I give you a hint: the Pokémon is from the 3th generation.
...I have no clue. I checked and I've got nothing.

1. Hitmonchan = Jackie Chan
2. Hitmonlee = Bruce Lee
Correct.

Mewter

Smash Master
The Pokemon based on humans, I meant more specifically. And I'm pretty sure Jynx wasn't supposed to be a black stereotype, people just made it into that.

The two Pokemon fused with another, see my response to Terywj.

Nope. It's a three step evolution chain, and the second one is missing a detail that the other two have.

...I have no clue. I checked and I've got nothing.

Correct.
Is it Salamance? Because he doesn't have the grey helmet on his head.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Is it Salamance? Because he doesn't have the grey helmet on his head.
No. It's the second Pokemon in the chain, meaning that if it WERE the Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence chain, Shelgon would be the one with the inconsistency. It's an extremely minute detail, so you won't necessarily find it easily. Since it's so minute, I'll narrow it down; it's in the first gen.

M.K

Level 55

Uhm....Poliwhirl? Doesn't it's spiral change directions between Poliwag-->Poliwhirl and changes back from Poliwhirl--->Poliwrath.

Here are some of my questions/riddles:

1. Kiss Frisbee. What pokemon am I?

2. Under my umbrella, ella, ella, eh, eh, eh...lies my body. What Pokemon am I?

3. Hexa-dot freckles. What Pokemon am I?

4. Needs more. Alarm Clock! What MOVE am I?

5. Constant tears of dirt run down my face. What Pokemon am I?

Tricky, huh? Have fun!

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
Hexa-dot freckles. Registeel or something?

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
"Alarm clock" move. metronome?

I don't know the other two.

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264

Pika: If it is fourth gen then Torterra is the only Grass/Ground hybrid.
----------

Pika: If you say the second member of a three-member first-gen chain is missing a small detail the other two members have, if not Poliwhirl then maybe Charmeleon? Charmeleon is pure red while Charmander and Charizard are orange-ish. That's all I can think of.
Both of these are my guesses.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Uhm....Poliwhirl? Doesn't it's spiral change directions between Poliwag-->Poliwhirl and changes back from Poliwhirl--->Poliwrath.
Mm...no. That's not what I was thinking of, and they don't appear to change. However, I just noticed something; the spirals of all three go in the opposite direction in first gen as they do on their official artwork and the sprites for every other gen.

1. Kiss Frisbee. What pokemon am I?
Luvdisc.

2. Under my umbrella, ella, ella, eh, eh, eh...lies my body. What Pokemon am I?
Breloom.

3. Hexa-dot freckles. What Pokemon am I?
Registeel.

4. Needs more. Alarm Clock! What MOVE am I?
Wake-up Slap

5. Constant tears of dirt run down my face. What Pokemon am I?[/I]
Hm...this is the only one I can't think of...the only Pokemon I can think of with constant tears is Jirachi. I may think of another one later.

Both of these are my guesses.
First one: A little less obvious.

Second one: More minute.

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
You're right. Wake-up slap is much more like it for #4. (But still not quite.)

As for #5 Jirachi is not the "tears of dirt" one.

Thanks for telling me #2 was Breloom. (Or, more like: Breloom is almost it.)

As for the other question about fourth-gen grass starters, only chain not all of whose members are exact same type combo (Turtwig and Grotle are pure Grass, Torterra is Grass/Ground)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
As for #5 Jirachi is not the "tears of dirt" one.

As for the other question about fourth-gen grass starters, only chain not all of whose members are exact same type combo (Turtwig and Grotle are pure Grass, Torterra is Grass/Ground)
Yeah, I know. It was the only one I could think of with tears, though.

And yes! Correct! You get a cookie.

Top Bottom