• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Marble and Bronze: The Generation IX Creation Thread

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Spooky Month Submission

Zombigrenate
(Ghost / Grass)
The Dead Fruit Pokémon (a Pokémon that resembles a rotting pomegrenate); doesn't evolve from or into another evolution

Marble Dex Entry: Zombigrenate is a fruit-like Pokémon that grows Berries from its maw to lure in potential prey by posing as a Berry basket, and then stealing its victim's soul. It has been reported that those who encounter Zombigrenate end up turning into lifeless walking husks.

Bronze Dex Entry: The Berries that grow in Zombigrenate's maw have been said to revive those whose soul it took, among other things. There are few known survivors of Zombigrenate's trap, but its Berries are said to be highly effective for medicine.

Abilities:
  • Zombie (passes this to other Pokémon with physical attacks, which the recipient can then pass to other Pokémon. The infected Pokémon has their typing changed to purely Ghost until the battle is over.)
  • Hidden Ability: Harvest

Inspiration:
  • In Greek mythology, the pomegranate was known as the ‘fruit of the dead’ as it was said to have arisen from the blood of Adonis. It was also prominent in the myth of Hades and Persephone, where the former used pomegranate seeds to trick the latter into returning to the underworld for a few months of every year.
  • On the medicinal side of things, the fruit, flowers, bark, roots and leaves of pomegranates contain chemicals, such as polyphenols, that can be used to treat a number of diseases and conditions.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Ghost type
  • Gravelave
    • Appearance: A tombstone with stubby arms and legs made of dirt. Radiates purple energy. Writing on it glows when using special attacks.
    • Name meaning: gravel + grave
    • Classification: Tombstone Pokemon
    • Type: Ghost/Rock
    • Ability: Insomnia
      • Hidden Ability: Sealed Spirit (The Pokemon takes reduced damage from Ghost-type moves. This Ability cannot be replaced, copied, or swapped.)
    • Pokedex
      • Marble: Gravelave are born when the spirit of a dead person or Pokemon possesses its own tombstone. This has led to many graves being marked with mystical wards to prevent this from occurring.
      • Bronze: When a Gravelave is birthed, there are no known methods of separating the spirit from the tombstone. Research into what happens when the tombstone is destroyed has been inconclusive.
    • Evolves into Habicrum at Lv. 44
  • Habicrum
    • Appearance: An obelisk with two stone legs. Surrounded by several floating stones enveloped in purple energy. Writing on it glows when using special attacks.
    • Name meaning: habiti (Latin for possessed) + sepulcrum (Latin for grave)
    • Classification: Mausoleum Pokemon
    • Type: Ghost/Rock
    • Ability: Insomnia
      • Hidden Ability: Sealed Spirit
    • Pokedex
      • Marble: This Pokemon wanders the world, attempting to find the friends and family it knew in life. However, it can never recognize or be recognized by them, and can only move past its loneliness by finding new friends.
      • Bronze: Long ago, Habicrum that wandered into holy places would occasionally be mistaken for human-made obelisks and have offerings made to them. Nowadays, some do this intentionally in the belief that Habicrum will command the spirits to give boons.
Ghost location

River Wheild:
Inspired by the mythological River Styx ("Wheild" is based on "weald"--I am open to alternate names). It is a haunted river that flows through an underground cave and an overgrown grove that little sunlight reaches. May allow for Ghost-type Pokemon to gain Water-type regional variants, or vice versa.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm sorry it's been so long, got sick mid way through the week and this kind of slipped my mind until now. Gravelave and Habicrum win, and I think I'll start the next one once I'm not sick so I can get the next challenge idea rolling along.
How are you are feeling better. Any idea when the next phase will start?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
For our next job, we'll be doing this
Design the First Gym Leader
Design a Gym Leader! For now, any type works except for Ice, Dragon, Fairy, Psychic, Dark, and Poison. I excluded these as I feel they are unfitting for a first Gym slot. Any complaints can be directed to me. Anyways, teams will be designed later.
Design The First Town
Design the town the Gym Leader resides in! Note that routes and such will be decided later, just design a town that this Gym Leader is in.
Design The Regional Fish
There's always a real common fish every generation, whether it be Magikarp, Finneon, or Basculin. Design one for us! You can submit an evolution line if you want.

If you have any questions, ask em here! Submissions will be due this Monday.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Regional Fish
  • Marfinn
    • Name meaning: marlin + fin
    • Appearance: A dark-blue marlin whose skin seems to be a texture similar to a bug's exoskeleton.
    • Classification: Fin Wave Pokemon
    • Type: Water
    • Ability: Swift Swim
      • Hidden Ability: Shell Armor
    • Pokedex
      • Marble: It is normally pacifistic in the wild, but is deceptively skilled at utilizing its spear-like snout when defending itself is necessary. Its body is actually a cocoon of sorts for a creature inside.
      • Bronze: These Pokemon are surprisingly common in inland areas thanks to wildlife collectors. They yearn to return to the oceans, and after evolution, usually succeed in doing so.
    • Evolves into Surfinn at Lv. 26.
  • Surfinn
    • Name meaning: surf(ing) + fin
    • Appearance: The marlin from previously lies on its side, the "shell" cracked open. Atop the marlin stands a vaguely humanoid figure made of a jellyfish-like substance with a marlin-like fin on its back.
    • Classification: Big Wave Pokemon
    • Type: Water
    • Ability: Swift Swim
      • Hidden Ability: Shell Armor
    • Pokedex
      • Marble: Its fish-shaped body is broken open, allowing a gelatinous creature inside to stick out. What remains of the fish body can serve as a surfboard of sorts for the creature.
      • Bronze: Upon evolution, these Pokemon are prodigies at surfing, rarely if ever wiping out. Some human surfers try to learn from them, but often fail--many assume a Surfinn's skills stem from the composition of its body and "board," something humans cannot replicate.
First Town/Gym Leader
  • Laograf Town
    • Name origin: from "laografía," romanization of λαογραφία - "folklore").
    • Most known for its large library, a nexus of Ioran's history. The town has a very modern aesthetic for someplace as small as it is, but the library's architecture remains a relic of the past. There is a theme of "balance" here--between past and present, between body and mind (see below), and potentially more (depending on the story).
  • Val
    • Name origin: derived from multiple names that mean "strong" or "healthy."
    • Val is a Fighting-type Gym leader who seeks strength of both mind and body. Most of their time is spent either working out, training their Pokemon, or studying at the Laograf Library. Val tends to be very stoic at first, but they open up more to people who can best them, at which point they can start to talk a bit too much about everything that interests them.
    • Val's skin tone is similar to Ilima's from Sun/Moon. Their attire is similar to Maylene from Diamond/Pearl, but with a yellow-and-black color scheme, black sandals, and no gloves. They have red hair (literal red, not ginger) done in a short braided ponytail. They have visibly toned muscles.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Fish Pokémon (sorry, no picture)

Crimshad
Red Eye Pokemon
Type: Water
Ability: Red Eye (Attacks that lower its accuracy will boost its

This is a common Pokémon within the region but no for the right reasons. It was illegally brought into the region and quickly established itself due to its opportunistic behavior. The red eyes evolved in such a way to scare away victims so it can steal idea breeding locations. Despite this, it’s rather cowardly when confronted.

Appearances: It appears as a shiny silver fish with a derpy face but striking red eyes.

Basis: Based on a Common Roach. Name comes form Crimson and shad, another type of common fish.

Chadidare
Invasive Pokémon
Type: Water/Dark
Ability: Red Eye

This predatory fish is hyper-aggressive and will hunt just about everything, from Magikarp or baby Psyducks to even Rattata who venture into the water. It’s even known to jump out of the water to move from one body of water to the next. It has an elongated head portion that allows it to search for prey in the muddy depths while keeping control of its movements. When it finds prey, it uses suction and teeth to suck in and grab. It will actively seek out Magikar and Basculin breeding grounds to raid and devour the eggs.

Appearance: It has a long torpedo shaped body with a smaller end portion than the “head portion”. It has a large mouth which can extend further for suction action. It has a grey and olive green coloration with the same striking red eyes as it’s pre-Evo.

Basis: Based on a snakehead. Name comes from Chad as in “a Chad” which references its bully/Macho behavior while also referencing the snake head scientific name Channidae. Dare in its name comes from its risky behavior.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
As we only got one vote, I left it open for one day more, but we still only have one. Thus, Paraster Paraster 's Marfinn and Surfinn win by default.
Choose a Fighting Type Pokemon to return
Choose a Fighting Pokemon from Gens 1-8 to bring back, as long as it isn't a Mythical, Legendary, or UB. The Pokemon and their line in question will not be able to get regional forms in the future.
Create a brand new Fighting Type Pokemon
Create a new Fighting type Pokemon. It can have an evolution line if wanted, but if it is a first stage or a non evolving mon, make sure it's stats are balanced for the early game. This mon will be the Gym Leader's ace.

Submissions will be due by Wednesday.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Thanks to the proper lack of submissions in both departments, Grapplex and Musculator win the new mon submission and Mienfoo/Mienshao win the returning Fighting type one!

But now for more serious discussion, I'm uncertain what to do next. Only 3 or 4 people consistently submit, and most of the time most of them don't. The sheer inactivity can be blamed on the several months long hiatus and my general lateness because of school, but I don't know if it's worth keeping the thread going. What do you all think?

Paraster

Smash Lord
Thanks to the proper lack of submissions in both departments, Grapplex and Musculator win the new mon submission and Mienfoo/Mienshao win the returning Fighting type one!

But now for more serious discussion, I'm uncertain what to do next. Only 3 or 4 people consistently submit, and most of the time most of them don't. The sheer inactivity can be blamed on the several months long hiatus and my general lateness because of school, but I don't know if it's worth keeping the thread going. What do you all think?
I think it's worth continuing. A few ideas to reinvigorate interest:
  • Start up a wiki or series of Google Docs that allows for more streamlined and organized chronicling of content.
  • Enlist another user or two to co-run the thread and help keep the pace up.
  • Share it around more (I could shout it out on my own forum game if you like?).

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Discussion phases tends to keep the thread on the front page
Co-running would certainly help with managing it
Encouraging people to watch it or keep a tag list

As for ease of access, perhaps have users vote on what type to work on next?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I think it's worth continuing. A few ideas to reinvigorate interest:
  • Start up a wiki or series of Google Docs that allows for more streamlined and organized chronicling of content.
  • Enlist another user or two to co-run the thread and help keep the pace up.
  • Share it around more (I could shout it out on my own forum game if you like?).
I like the idea of a wiki, though I need some time to set it up.
Co running was also suggested by Venus, so that seems like a good idea, especially since if I get caught up in work again, someone can end it for me, which would help with streamlining significantly.
I can start posting it on my profile everytime a new job starts, which I really should have been doing anyways honestly.
Discussion phases tends to keep the thread on the front page
Co-running would certainly help with managing it
Encouraging people to watch it or keep a tag list

As for ease of access, perhaps have users vote on what type to work on next?
I've got a couple ideas for discussion phases, though I'll need to flesh it out.
Co running as mentioned again, I'll definitely decide on someone for this.
By tag list, you mean pinging some active users? And how do you mean by encouraging?

Well anywho, I feel these are some good ideas, so I'll probably start on doing some back tracking for a wiki, since I like the idea. I also need to decide on a co runner, though I feel I know the people I can narrow it down to. I'll also share this around more once we start up jobs again. Thanks for the input both of you.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Hi guys, I know it has been nearly a month, but I have not had the time recently to work on the Fanon wiki proper. No, I haven't forgotten about this. I'll work on completing this later this weekend, though I can't guarantee it. Sorry for the long gap between messages, work is still in progress. I've also been deciding on the co-owner who I think I've settled on for sure, though I'll DM them privately about it once the Wiki is up and running. Once again, sorry for the delay, have a great day everyone.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Alright, after a hiatus, we are finally giving you guys another job!
Design the Middle Stage Evolutions of Serpentyke, Nymphony, and Antyke
These three Pokemon were designed quite a while ago, and now it is time to design the evolutions for these guys! You guys can make either one, two, or all three. Only make the next stage, not anything above it.
I'll link you to the originals for this so you all can have a design basis for this. Good luck and have a good time.

Anyways, in other news, my co-hoster is now to be revealed... introducing Paraster Paraster as the new co-host! He'll be helping with general upkeep from now on.

Also in other news, the Wiki is coming along well, albeit a bit empty. We still need to work on a few touch-ups, but if anyone would like to help with this then please tell us.
Job #10: Starter designs
  • Serpentyke (Grass/Rock; mix of "serpent" and "tyke")
    • The Serpentine Pokémon; Serpentyke uses its camouflage to disguise itself as a lonely snake statue to trick prey into ignoring them
  • Nymphony (Water/Fairy; mix of "symphony" and "nymph")
    • The Natural Voice Pokémon; Nymphony's voice is said to heal even the most desolate nature, and is often there to heal forests that have been subjected to harsh fires
If it's alright with you, can we do starter evolutions in later jobs?
These guys don't have drawings, but hopefully this helps
Job #5 Antyke

Type: Bug
Ability: Hivemind
(It gains a Special Attack boost if another Antyke or it’s evolutionary line is on the same team)

Antyke is the Larva Pokemon. It lives most of its life underground where it feeds on food provided by more evolved forms of its family line. Males dream of becoming a soldier while females dream of becoming the queen of the colony. It’s not particularly strong as it’s rather small and soft but it can cause someone with a weak constitution to creepy bugs to squirm away.

Paraster

Smash Lord
  • Serpentyke Evolution: Serpidify
    • Name meaning: serpent + lapidify (synonym for petrify)
    • Appearance: A larger version of Serpentyke with more ornate patterns on its scales. The lower third of its body has turned to brown stone. Two brown stone growths stick out the top of its head.
    • Grass/Rock
    • Lapidified Pokemon
    • Pokedex
      • Marble: After spending so much time camouflaged as a statue, its body has started to partially convert into a stone-like substance. This substance is more flexible than actual stone, allowing for better mobility, but it is more brittle as a result.
      • Bronze: It will sometimes travel to ancient ruins to steal small stone treasures. It is assumed this is part of some mating ritual, an effort to look more impressive.
  • Nymphony Evolution: Napaphony
    • Name meaning: Napaeae (nymph of wooded valleys, glens or grottoes) + symphony
    • Appearance: A larger version of Nymphony with a "hairdo" that looks like a long white ribbon which curls around the body. It holds a flower (similar to the Silent Princess from BotW) at all times.
    • Water/Fairy
    • Glen Pokemon
    • Pokedex
      • Marble: While it does not inherently distrust humans, if it sees a human unnecessarily damaging the land, it will usually choose to disassociate with said human very quickly.
      • Bronze: Its songs can summon moisture from the air. Stories speak of how a wandering Napaphony will leave a trail of newly-bloomed plants as it sings.
  • Antyke Evolution: Antemble
    • Name meaning: ant + assemble
    • Appearance: A cartoony brown ant with large eyes. Its head is slightly misshapen, almost looking like a construction hat.
    • Bug
    • Ant Burrow Pokemon
    • Pokedex
      • Marble: This Pokemon works with others of its colony to build underground burrows that provide protection. Over time, an Antemble's mental connection to others can grow stronger and allow for more effective collaboration.
      • Bronze: On the rare occasion when a swarm of Antemble will attack an opponent, they may utilize a rare ability to spread the force of an attack across the entire swarm, making each individual Antemble much hardier.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Antremble
Bug/Ground
The Hill Ant Pokemon
Design: A four legged ant with a glum expression, there is a thick shell of earth covering the body, little roots come out of the dirt forming the shapes of a crown for males and a tiara for females, its feet resemble large sandles
Ability: Hive Mind
HA: Sturdy

Marble: When Antyke reach a certain size, its fellow members of its colony gain the desire to pike dirt onto the creature for unknown reasons, this makes the pokemon quite uncomfortable
Bronze: It has a consistatly gloomy expression, some say that they are unwillingly forced to undergo a transformation when they reach a certain size and power

Top Bottom