• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Marble and Bronze: The Generation IX Creation Thread

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Sorry for being late, I keep forgetting I'm in charge.
Job #10: Starter designs
  • Serpentyke (Grass/Rock; mix of "serpent" and "tyke")
    • The Serpentine Pokémon; Serpentyke uses its camouflage to disguise itself as a lonely snake statue to trick prey into ignoring them
  • Minheataur (Fire/Steel; mix of "minotaur" and "heat")
    • The Minotaur Pokémon; Minheataur uses the embers from its nose to heat up anvils for forges
  • Nymphony (Water/Fairy; mix of "symphony" and "nymph")
    • The Natural Voice Pokémon; Nymphony's voice is said to heal even the most desolate nature, and is often there to heal forests that have been subjected to harsh fires
If it's alright with you, can we do starter evolutions in later jobs?
I actually have a full set of starters, but will not be submitting my Fire starter unless asked to due to liking it less than my Grass and Water starters. (On that note, will we be voting for full lineups or will each type be voted on individually? I'd prefer the latter.)

I am supplying the full evolutionary lines, but am willing to give up the second and third evolutions for both if necessary.
  • Strutheck
    • The Ostrich Pokemon
    • Grass
    • This Pokemon lives in open grassy areas, and is in tune with the earth. It will often chase humans, but it is unclear whether this is due to territoriality or just enjoying the activity.
    • Ability: Overgrow
      • Hidden Ability: Empathic Land (The first time this Pokemon uses a Grass, Psychic, Electric, or Fairy-type move in a battle, the corresponding terrain is activated.)
  • Strutheye
    • The Psych Beak Pokemon
    • Grass/Psychic
    • It is said that chasing down and staring at humans for years allowed this species to understand the human mind, which led to them developing psychic powers. It is widely debated whether this is related to the spontaneous appearance of a third eye on its forehead.
      • Hidden Ability: Empathic Land
  • Struthebral
    • The Savanna Staredown Pokemon
    • Grass/Psychic
    • These Pokemon often stand, still and alone, in the middle of grassy fields and keep vigil. If a human comes by, it will stare at them constantly, plundering their mind—and if it is displeased by what it sees, it will not stop chasing down its victim.
  • Trengrab
    • The Sea Gatherer Pokemon
    • Water
    • Trengrab wander the bottom of the seas (and occasionally inland waters) searching for artifacts to collect. They store these objects inside their hollow heads, courtesy of a large mouth usually concealed by their tentacles.
    • Ability: Torrent
      • Hidden Ability: Junk Collector (If this Pokemon's held item is removed or swapped out mid-battle, its Attack is maximized. Comsumables like Berries do not count for this.)
  • Trencrush
    • The Tentashell Pokemon
    • Water/Rock
    • A Trencrush’s tentacles are mostly covered in a surprisingly flexible stone-like shell. It is believed they developed this quirk to resist water pressure as they proceed to greater depths in search of more artifacts.
      • Hidden Ability: Junk Collector
  • Terratren
    • The Stone Squid Pokemon
    • Water/Rock
    • The stony shell this Pokemon had as a Trencrush has become much thicker and stronger, and now covers its entire body. It is more cumbersome to move, but significantly less likely for a Terratren to be felled by a predator.
I actually have a full set of starters, but will not be submitting my Fire starter unless asked to due to liking it less than my Grass and Water starters. (On that note, will we be voting for full lineups or will each type be voted on individually? I'd prefer the latter.)

I am supplying the full evolutionary lines, but am willing to give up the second and third evolutions for both if necessary.
  • Strutheck
    • The Ostrich Pokemon
    • Grass
    • This Pokemon lives in open grassy areas, and is in tune with the earth. It will often chase humans, but it is unclear whether this is due to territoriality or just enjoying the activity.
      • Hidden Ability: Empathic Land (The first time this Pokemon uses a Grass, Psychic, Electric, or Fairy-type move in a battle, the corresponding terrain is activated.)
  • Strutheye
    • The Psych Beak Pokemon
    • Grass/Psychic
    • It is said that chasing down and staring at humans for years allowed this species to understand the human mind, which led to them developing psychic powers. It is widely debated whether this is related to the spontaneous appearance of a third eye on its forehead.
  • Struthebral
    • The Savanna Staredown Pokemon
    • Grass/Psychic
    • These Pokemon often stand, still and alone, in the middle of grassy fields and keep vigil. If a human comes by, it will stare at them constantly, plundering their mind—and if it is displeased by what it sees, it will not stop chasing down its victim.
  • Trengrab
    • The Sea Gatherer Pokemon
    • Water
    • Trengrab wander the bottom of the seas (and occasionally inland waters) searching for artifacts to collect. They store these objects inside their hollow heads, courtesy of a large mouth usually concealed by their tentacles.
      • Hidden Ability: Junk Collector (If this Pokemon's held item is removed or swapped out mid-battle, its Attack is maximized. Comsumables like Berries do not count for this.)
  • Trencrush
    • The Tentashell Pokemon
    • Water/Rock
    • A Trencrush’s tentacles are mostly covered in a surprisingly flexible stone-like shell. It is believed they developed this quirk to resist water pressure as they proceed to greater depths in search of more artifacts.
  • Terratren
    • The Stone Squid Pokemon
    • Water/Rock
    • The stony shell this Pokemon had as a Trencrush has become much thicker and stronger, and now covers its entire body. It is more cumbersome to move, but significantly less likely for a Terratren to be felled by a predator.

Kididuff
The Kid Pokemon
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow

Kididuff is known for prancing in glades and meadows where it calls home. It prefers only virgin meadows so seeing one in nature ineiciates that the meadow is very healthy. It doesn’t like deep forests and will often get scared when nearing one. This causes it to cry “bah!” in fear.

Satyree
The Forest Pokemon
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow

Satyree has become far more adventurous and will often venture into forests to unlock its secrets. It seems to have an unique power of nature and can even cause seedlings to sprout and flowers to blossom simply by “bah”ing at them.

Centarbor
The Natural Pokemon
Type: Grass/Fairy
Ability: Overgrow/Forest Will (Grass-type attacks have a chance of damaging the user rather than Centarbor)

Found primarily in dark and ancient forests, Centarbor has a power with nature that very few can understand. It can create play life simply through thought and can communicate with the nature around it. It knows everything that happens within its dark and secretive woods.

Pupyro
The Puppy Pokemon
Type: Fire
Ability: Flare

Pupyro lives for playing. So much so that when it gets into a really fun and rambunctious time, it tends to shoot out flames as it plays. The air around it tends to get hotter so playing with Pupry at the beach or near a river I’d recommendEd

Doublite
The Two-Headed Pokemon
Type: Fire
Ability: Flare

Doublite has gotten a bit more territorial than Pupyro. From the fire collar around it’s neck grew a secondary head made of fire that seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes, they will fight over things like food or who will attack first. This added head increases its body temperature dramatically.

Cerburnus
The Fire Keeper Pokemon
Type: Fire/Ghost
Ability: Flare/Watchfire (Its use of fire attacks imrpves

Cerbernus guards the ancient fires that kindled life into existence. It ensures the fire never goes out. For this reason, many view this Pokémon as one who watches out for life itself. It now has three heads; two of which are made of fire. Unlike its pre-evolution, they work In tandem. It can ignite its body to such a degree that it can melt nearby rock.

Squidum
The Octopus Pokemon
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent

Squidum tends to float in the ocean: unaware of danger nearby. It it gets spooked, it will shoot out a blast of ink to mask its movements. It can also change its color to match the surroundings but sometimes it gets the wrong color. It also occasionally squirts out ink if spooked but nothing nearby was actually frightening.

Angllyla
The Hunter Pokemon
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent

This Hunter will drift in the seas; seeking prey to devour. It will flash the lights on its body to disorientate nearby prey so it can snatch them up easier. It uses it along tentacles tipped with poison barbs to grab its prey and drag them into its waiting mouth.

Scyllanger
The Kraken Pokemon
Type: Water/Dark
Ability: Torrent/Fear (Getting hit by one it’s melee attacks had a chance of flinching and decreasing speed)

Scyllanger is constantly hungry and lurks about the ocean depths for food. It will ascend to the surface during the night to hunt for other prey. It’s been known to attakc boats and ships and it’s become so skillful that the barbs on its tentacles and erode away steel. Sailors speak of horrors lurking in the ocean depths and being snatched off from the boats and dragged into the sea.

All my starters are based on mythological creatures with the first step evolutions being based on personality traits: peaceful, playful, and shy. The final evolutions are based on the idea that they guard and protect their relative types.

I wasn’t so keen on my water line Mons so I redrew them.
You get one vote per starter type
Grass: Serpentyke Line, Strutheck Line, Kididuff Line
Fire: Minheataur Line, Pupyro Line
Water: Nymphony Line, Terratren Line, Squidum Line
If I missed anyone or made any errors, let me know once again. I'll leave voting open till the end of this week.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
And our voting has ended!
Pupyro: 3 Votes
Serpentyke: 2 votes
Nymphony: 2 votes
Strutheck: 1 vote
Squidum: 1 vote
Congratulations to Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom and Perkilator Perkilator ! Serpentyke, Pupyro, and Nymphony will be our starters! The evolutions of Serpentyke and Nymphony will be decided at a later date.

Alright, on to our next job.
Job 11: Design our Protagonists
Each Pokemon game has protagonists that we control on our adventure, 1 male and 1 female. Your job is to design them as you please! I will close submissions on Monday, though I may give extra if people feel it necessary. Whichever male or female design gets the most votes per gender will be chosen as our protagonists!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I’m drawing out Serptentyke and Nymphony but Perkilator Perkilator and Pokelego999 Pokelego999

Is the starter type a solid Grass type or is it a Grass/Rock type? That’s confusing. Typically, a starter is based on an anime; a specific one. This is a rock snake? Having some idea what the actual basis helps.

And what’s Nymphony based on? Is it a Water type or Water/Fairy type?

I feel it’s kind of silly to give them a second typing right off the bat when they will eventually evolve into it. I would argue to just give them the normal regular typings per usual.

In my honest opinion, Serptentyke seems way to similar to the Snivy line (I mean, again, another grass snake?) and Nymphony seems awfully close to the Popolio line.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So I’m drawing out Serptentyke and Nymphony but Perkilator Perkilator and Pokelego999 Pokelego999

Is the starter type a solid Grass type or is it a Grass/Rock type? That’s confusing. Typically, a starter is based on an anime; a specific one. This is a rock snake? Having some idea what the actual basis helps.

And what’s Nymphony based on? Is it a Water type or Water/Fairy type?
Serpentyke is based on Medusa and is a Grass/Rock Type.

Nymphony is based on the nymphs (specifically the water nymphs), hence it's Water/Fairy Type, but it would evolve into a siren.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Serpentyke is based on Medusa and is a Grass/Rock Type.

Nymphony is based on the nymphs (specifically the water nymphs), hence it's Water/Fairy Type, but it would evolve into a siren.
So the starters are dual types? Why? Just curious because I will have to switch Pupyro to something. So they will stick with dual typings all the way to the final evolutions?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
In order to keep Nymphony having a resemblance of a living creature, I went with a different design.

As for the Protaganists, I have yet to name them but here are mine

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yea. Maybe make Pupyo Fire/Ground? Since the Cerberus was part of the Underworld (underground)?
Maybe I’m missing the point but….is there a reason why we are giving the starters secondary types? Bulbasaur was understandable as well Rowlett. These ones don’t make much sense to me. It would make more sense if they gained them like during their next evolution.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
It's monday now, but we only got two submissions. I'll leave em open a little longer, till Wednesday.

About the secondary type conundrum, I feel either Venus needs to add one to Pupyro or we remove them from Serpentyke and Nymphony to keep prior consistency. I'm currently leaning to switching Serpentyke and Nymphony to Pure types till they evolve, but I won't make a final decision just yet until it has been discussed by the people here, so I'll let you talk amongst yourselves about it.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While I get wanting to be unique, to me, it feels to be unique just to be unique. If we wanted to do that, I would argue that doing something that makes sense in gameplay form would make more sense. As well, the starters are supposed to be the basic forms meaning they are pokémon that best fit beginners. I feel like very few players have needed to a dual style starter for the first two gyms. Also, one aspect of evolving Pokémon is what they next Pokémon becomes. Having the same typing two times in a row feels stale. Unless we changed the final evolution typing. That’s why I love the Rowlett line. They don’t stick with it.

Now, one thing I’m open to is leaving them single typings hut give them a move that will change them to the typing for that match. This move could help adjust players to their eventual typings but also give the starters a bit more a meta game boost. We hardly ever use them, giving them an unique move that is such a game changer may help their meta game standings.

Some ideas I had in the past to make the starters more unique:

A Brazil region
The starters where a:
Grass/Dark Jaguar that caused mischief and is temperamental.
A Fire/Fairy Golden Lion Tamarin that’s loved and adored by many for its cute appearance
A Water/Fighting Fish that is territorial and aggressive to those who invade their rivers.

But when they evolve into their final evolutions…
Grass/Fighting. This is because it recognizes it’s become older and has more responsibilities to protect the younger generation. Also, it’s role as a village protector and “worship” by villagers lends itself to becoming a Fighting type.

Fire/Dark. After two forms of being cute, it’s age finally caught up to it and it became bitter and angry due to its fat and unbecoming appearance. As a result, it howls and hoots all day long in anger for losing its charm.

Water/Fairy. After living out two forms where it fought to protect its territory, its evolution instead brought others to it due its gorgeous and radiant appearance. It used this form to calm the waters and bring harmony.

I also have a California/West Coast region that had two sets of starters based on north and south.
north has cold weather starters like:
A Grass/Ice Elk
A Fire/Steel Bear
A Water/Dark Elephant Seal

and South had a:
Grass/Poison gila monster
A Fire/Ground Mole
A Water/Rock Marine Iguana

Another region was an African based region which had a Wet and Dry season mechanic. When it was in wet season, the starters would become:

A Grass Crocodile
A Ground Ostrich
A Water Water Buffalo

But in the Dry Season,

A Ghost Crocodile
A Fire Ostrich
A Ground Water Buffalo

Finally, I also made a Russia region that utilized a moral system. If the character was “good” or “bad” based on choices, the starters would evolve into a different typing and form at the final evolutions:

The starters were:
A Grass Wolverine
A Fire Goat
A Water Duck

But when evolved, the Good variation was:

A Grass/Electric Wolverine
A Fire/Fairy Goat
A Water/Ice Swan

but the Bad variation was:

A Grass/Ghost Wolverine (Spores inside its body would spring forth and haunt those nearby it)
A Fire/Poison Goat (a poison ash inside its wool chokes people to death)
A Water/Dark Swan (a uses it’s wings to darken the water to drown those who come too close and swim)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
While I get wanting to be unique, to me, it feels to be unique just to be unique. If we wanted to do that, I would argue that doing something that makes sense in gameplay form would make more sense. As well, the starters are supposed to be the basic forms meaning they are pokémon that best fit beginners. I feel like very few players have needed to a dual style starter for the first two gyms. Also, one aspect of evolving Pokémon is what they next Pokémon becomes. Having the same typing two times in a row feels stale. Unless we changed the final evolution typing. That’s why I love the Rowlett line. They don’t stick with it.

Now, one thing I’m open to is leaving them single typings hut give them a move that will change them to the typing for that match. This move could help adjust players to their eventual typings but also give the starters a bit more a meta game boost. We hardly ever use them, giving them an unique move that is such a game changer may help their meta game standings.

Some ideas I had in the past to make the starters more unique:

A Brazil region
The starters where a:
Grass/Dark Jaguar that caused mischief and is temperamental.
A Fire/Fairy Golden Lion Tamarin that’s loved and adored by many for its cute appearance
A Water/Fighting Fish that is territorial and aggressive to those who invade their rivers.

But when they evolve into their final evolutions…
Grass/Fighting. This is because it recognizes it’s become older and has more responsibilities to protect the younger generation. Also, it’s role as a village protector and “worship” by villagers lends itself to becoming a Fighting type.

Fire/Dark. After two forms of being cute, it’s age finally caught up to it and it became bitter and angry due to its fat and unbecoming appearance. As a result, it howls and hoots all day long in anger for losing its charm.

Water/Fairy. After living out two forms where it fought to protect its territory, its evolution instead brought others to it due its gorgeous and radiant appearance. It used this form to calm the waters and bring harmony.

I also have a California/West Coast region that had two sets of starters based on north and south.
north has cold weather starters like:
A Grass/Ice Elk
A Fire/Steel Bear
A Water/Dark Elephant Seal

and South had a:
Grass/Poison gila monster
A Fire/Ground Mole
A Water/Rock Marine Iguana

Another region was an African based region which had a Wet and Dry season mechanic. When it was in wet season, the starters would become:

A Grass Crocodile
A Ground Ostrich
A Water Water Buffalo

But in the Dry Season,

A Ghost Crocodile
A Fire Ostrich
A Ground Water Buffalo

Finally, I also made a Russia region that utilized a moral system. If the character was “good” or “bad” based on choices, the starters would evolve into a different typing and form at the final evolutions:

The starters were:
A Grass Wolverine
A Fire Goat
A Water Duck

But when evolved, the Good variation was:

A Grass/Electric Wolverine
A Fire/Fairy Goat
A Water/Ice Swan

but the Bad variation was:

A Grass/Ghost Wolverine (Spores inside its body would spring forth and haunt those nearby it)
A Fire/Poison Goat (a poison ash inside its wool chokes people to death)
A Water/Dark Swan (a uses it’s wings to darken the water to drown those who come too close and swim)
To add a small bit of uniqueness I would personally have a starter that is genderless a starter that is mainly female and a starter that is mainly male

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Sorry for the delay, was trying to work out stuff with the mods, then got distracted by Sora's reveal, and anyways, enough excuses. Vote for protagonists!
Job #11: Pallo and Temis
Based on Apollo and Artemis, the twin children of Zeus and Leto. Pallo has a yellow T-shirt with a Pupyro on it, while Temis has a white T-shirt with a Stantler on it.
In order to keep Nymphony having a resemblance of a living creature, I went with a different design.

As for the Protaganists, I have yet to name them but here are mine

Vote for either Pallo and Temis or Venus' unamed protagonists! (Which will need names if they win). I will vote for Venus' protagonists.
Submissions are due Monday.

To make up for lost time, we'll be doing the next task as well.

Job 12: Design our Box Art Legendaries
These are normally revealed early on, so show us how our legendaries look!
Requirements:
You can only make two legendaries with no alternate forms just yet
The two legendaries must have some correlation with Marble and Bronze, whether that be in color or appearance, or however

The rest is up to you! Go ham on these guys. Submissions will be due Tuesday.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Did we ever come to a decision about the starters, Pokelego999 Pokelego999

I would recommend giving them those secondary typings as their final evolutions. However, I feel like giving the starters something unique mechanics wise to set them apart from the typical starters.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Did we ever come to a decision about the starters, Pokelego999 Pokelego999

I would recommend giving them those secondary typings as their final evolutions. However, I feel like giving the starters something unique mechanics wise to set them apart from the typical starters.
We did never come to a conclusion, did we? Well I guess I have to put my foot down and make a decision on this. We will have the starters gain their secondary typings at the second evolution. However, if anyone has a suggestion for how to make it unique, please submit it as well alongside your voting choice and you legendary pokemon ideas.

Speaking of, Venus...
I vote Venus's protags, but suggest we give them Perkilator's names.
How would this sit with you, I kind of like the idea, but I want to see if you and Perkilator Perkilator would be interested in the concept. We'd put it to a vote after if both of you say yes, but I do need to see if you both are ok with it.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I haven’t drawn them yet but I will post them on Monday or something…

Marmheos
The Living Monolith Pokémon
Type: Rock
Type: Rock/Fighting (when gaining favor by the PokeGods)
This Pokémon has long sat dormant in the capital of the region where he was said to provide protection and stability to the region. Due to frequent raids by neighboring regions and constant warfare, the people of this region looked to Marmheos for protection and courage. It’s said that he repelled 10,000 soldiers from an invading army along with Kakloshea before he turned entirely into rock. It was said that his anger and fighting spirit would teach such a boiling point when the region was threatened that he would fly into a blind rage to defend the people live there. There he sits in the capital, next to his partner, Kakloshea.

Kakloshea
The Living Statue Pokemon
Type: Steel
Type: Steel/Flying
This Pokémon long sat dormant along with Marmheos; pidgeons and other birds taking roost in her bronze form. Unlike its partner, Kakloshea represents the might of arms and warfare. It’s her power that gives soldiers courage in battle and the strength to fight. Her voice uplifts the spirits and together, in unison, they push back any invading forces. It is said she flew high in the sky, over the battlefield, to give the strength needed to repel any forces and to drive the enemy into the sea. Regretfully, she fell from the sky and turned entirely into bronze during the battle against an invading force of 10,000 soldiers. Yet, together with Marmheos, they destroyed each one before succumbing. Now she sits in the capital with her partner.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I forgot to mention. Marmheos (name change) is based on the Greek words of marble and god. Kakloshea is based on bronze and goddess.

In terms of design, they are both bipedial and feature arms. Marmheos features two white pillars for arms that emphasizes on power with his four kegs being reminiscent of pillars. Kakloshea has swords for arms and her legs are more sharper. When they gain favor from the PokeGods, the unlock a new form. Marmaheos gains additional arms as well as a ballista on his back. Kakloshea gains wings and additional swords that rotate around her in the air.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Job 12: Box Legendaries

Credit to Perkilator for initial "Zeus & Hades" concept.

Marble: Vasilieus
  • Name meaning: vasiliás (romanization of Βασιλιάς, Greek for "king") + Zeus
  • Classification: Sky King Pokemon
  • Sealed Form
    • Type: Electric/Rock
    • Ability: Dormant Power (It cannot move every other turn, but all its stats are raised one level upon entering battle.)
    • Appearance: Resembles an eagle, but with feathers at the top of its head that stick up to resemble a crown and horns that resemble a bull's. Appears to be made of marble.
  • Unleashed Form
    • Type: Electric/Flying
    • Ability: Storming Fury (When hit by a super-effective move, its Attack and Special Attack increase.)
    • Appearance: No longer stone; has a white/gray/cyan color scheme that makes it look like it's part cloud. Emits cyan lightning.
  • Description: Sealed within a marble statue for years, this proud and powerful Pokemon is said to be the ruler of a kingdom in the sky. Its pride leads it to unleash fury on anything it sees as a threat to its power and glory.
Bronze: Hydrades
  • Name meaning: hydra + Hades
  • Classification: Hydra Pokemon
  • Sealed Form
    • Type: Dark/Steel
    • Ability: Dormant Power
    • Appearance: A hydra with three heads. Appears to be made of bronze.
  • Unleashed Form
    • Type: Dark/Poison
    • Ability: Stygian Scales (When hit by a super-effective move, its Defense and Special Defense increase.)
    • Appearance: No longer bronze; scales are gray and black, but other parts of its body are brown.
  • Description: Sealed inside a bronze statue for years, this multi-headed Pokemon is said to have once watched over a lake leading to the underworld. It can regenerate lost parts of its body, and is said to have kept a garden that only residents of the underworld could eat from.
Both Pokemon will initially appear in their Sealed Form before attaining Unleashed Form at the climax of their respective stories. The player can switch their Vasileus or Hydrades between forms at a specific location associated with them.

In terms of gameplay, the Sealed Forms are high-risk, high-reward while the Unleashed Forms are more reliably strong.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Was going to do Zeus and Hera, but in Pokemon Arceus is the god so that wouldn't make sense, what would make sense is to base the legendaries on the second most iconic dynamic duo in greek myth.

Apolloclein
The Great Poet Pokemon
Rock/Fairy
Millenials ago a great obelisk fell into the region, from the obelisk was a statue holding a bow in one hand and a tablet in the other. From these two objects came two pokemon, one was a figure made of marble with strange inscriptions ingrained all over his body. Appoloclein was able to read these scriptures and gift the world with the human language. A natural poet he would use hymn and poetry to create great incantations to take down his foes. When his job was done Apolloclein began to rest in a mountain overlooking the sun.

Ateriron
Fighting/Steel
The Great Huntress Pokemon
Millenials ago a great obelisk fell into the region, from the obelisk was a statue holding a bow in one hand and a tablet in the other. From these two objects came two pokemon, one was a maiden whose body was adorned in deep bronze that was somehow both durable and easily malleable. She gave her skin to the people to craft the first weapons and taught them how to defend themselves. She can transform her limbs and skin into various weapons and she has a keen ability to track weak points of even the most hostile and alien of beasts. When her job was done Aterliron melted into a shrine under the moon.

Based off Apollo and Artemis (duh)

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Sorry for the delay, was trying to work out stuff with the mods, then got distracted by Sora's reveal, and anyways, enough excuses. Vote for protagonists!

Vote for either Pallo and Temis or Venus' unamed protagonists! (Which will need names if they win). I will vote for Venus' protagonists.
Submissions are due Monday.

To make up for lost time, we'll be doing the next task as well.

Job 12: Design our Box Art Legendaries
These are normally revealed early on, so show us how our legendaries look!
Requirements:
You can only make two legendaries with no alternate forms just yet
The two legendaries must have some correlation with Marble and Bronze, whether that be in color or appearance, or however

The rest is up to you! Go ham on these guys. Submissions will be due Tuesday.
This seems past the due date but I forgot this thread and decided to play:

Pokemon Bronze:

Name: Hephestonne
Steel/Fire
Looks like a Bronzed Blacksmith on fire with a giant fiery hanmer. Homage to Hephestus. This is a chonky bearded boy (think Mario RPG’s Smithy or Disney’s Hephestus from the Hercules movie) who’s hammer is almost the size of his large body. Lore wise, he is the ancestor and creator of most steel pokemon (magnemite might still be extraterrestrial).

Special Ability: Forge:

if you don’t have a full party or 1-3 members of your party have fainted the first time this guy comes into battle, he forges a steel type minion pokemon to fill the slots, making him an obscene anchor to your party.

unique move: Blazehammer: A massive damaging fire attack from bringing the hammer to fall.

pokemon marble:

Name: Aphrotea:
Fairy/Rock type
A little aphrodite, a little Galatea myth. Lore wise, this statue goddess was created by ancient humans to temper and tame Hephestonne and granted life by Arceus.
Ability: Beauty Divine: Attract on all opposing pokemon. Gender means nothing.

special move: Marble Bedazzle: Massive Fairy damage

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Pokemon Bronze:

Steel/Fire
Looks like a Bronzed Blacksmith on fire with a giant fiery hanmer. Homage to Hephestus. This is a chonky bearded boy (think Mario RPG’s Smithy or Disney’s Hephestus from the Hercules movie) who’s hammer is almost the size of his large body. Lore wise, he is the ancestor and creator of most steel pokemon (magnemite might still be extraterrestrial).

if you don’t have a full party or 1-3 members of your party have fainted the first time this guy comes into battle, he forges a steel type minion pokemon to fill the slots, making him an obscene anchor to your party.

unique move: Blazehammer: A massive damaging fire attack from bringing the hammer to fall.

pokemon marble:

Fairy/Rock type
A little aphrodite, a little Galatea myth. Lore wise, this statue goddess was created by ancient humans to temper and tame Hephestonne and granted life by Arceus.

It is past, but I'll allow it as I was busy with school.

Anyways, our votes are in!
We got two votes, one for Venus' protags, and Paraster Paraster 's vote for Venus' protags but with Perkilator's names. As neither replied to my question about it, I'm assuming that they are not ok with that. Thus, Paraster, please vote one or the other for a proper vote.

As for our Legendary submissions,
I haven’t drawn them yet but I will post them on Monday or something…

Marmheos
The Living Monolith Pokémon
Type: Rock
Type: Rock/Fighting (when gaining favor by the PokeGods)
This Pokémon has long sat dormant in the capital of the region where he was said to provide protection and stability to the region. Due to frequent raids by neighboring regions and constant warfare, the people of this region looked to Marmheos for protection and courage. It’s said that he repelled 10,000 soldiers from an invading army along with Kakloshea before he turned entirely into rock. It was said that his anger and fighting spirit would teach such a boiling point when the region was threatened that he would fly into a blind rage to defend the people live there. There he sits in the capital, next to his partner, Kakloshea.

Kakloshea
The Living Statue Pokemon
Type: Steel
Type: Steel/Flying
This Pokémon long sat dormant along with Marmheos; pidgeons and other birds taking roost in her bronze form. Unlike its partner, Kakloshea represents the might of arms and warfare. It’s her power that gives soldiers courage in battle and the strength to fight. Her voice uplifts the spirits and together, in unison, they push back any invading forces. It is said she flew high in the sky, over the battlefield, to give the strength needed to repel any forces and to drive the enemy into the sea. Regretfully, she fell from the sky and turned entirely into bronze during the battle against an invading force of 10,000 soldiers. Yet, together with Marmheos, they destroyed each one before succumbing. Now she sits in the capital with her partner.
Was going to do Zeus and Hera, but in Pokemon Arceus is the god so that wouldn't make sense, what would make sense is to base the legendaries on the second most iconic dynamic duo in greek myth.

Apolloclein
The Great Poet Pokemon
Rock/Fairy
Millenials ago a great obelisk fell into the region, from the obelisk was a statue holding a bow in one hand and a tablet in the other. From these two objects came two pokemon, one was a figure made of marble with strange inscriptions ingrained all over his body. Appoloclein was able to read these scriptures and gift the world with the human language. A natural poet he would use hymn and poetry to create great incantations to take down his foes. When his job was done Apolloclein began to rest in a mountain overlooking the sun.

Ateriron
Fighting/Steel
The Great Huntress Pokemon
Millenials ago a great obelisk fell into the region, from the obelisk was a statue holding a bow in one hand and a tablet in the other. From these two objects came two pokemon, one was a maiden whose body was adorned in deep bronze that was somehow both durable and easily malleable. She gave her skin to the people to craft the first weapons and taught them how to defend themselves. She can transform her limbs and skin into various weapons and she has a keen ability to track weak points of even the most hostile and alien of beasts. When her job was done Aterliron melted into a shrine under the moon.

Based off Apollo and Artemis (duh)

Pokemon Bronze:

Steel/Fire

pokemon marble:

Fairy/Rock type

Job 12: Box Legendaries

Credit to Perkilator for initial "Zeus & Hades" concept.

Marble: Vasilieus
  • Name meaning: vasiliás (romanization of Βασιλιάς, Greek for "king") + Zeus
  • Classification: Sky King Pokemon
  • Sealed Form
    • Type: Electric/Rock
    • Ability: Dormant Power (It cannot move every other turn, but all its stats are raised one level upon entering battle.)
    • Appearance: Resembles an eagle, but with feathers at the top of its head that stick up to resemble a crown and horns that resemble a bull's. Appears to be made of marble.
  • Unleashed Form
    • Type: Electric/Flying
    • Ability: Storming Fury (When hit by a super-effective move, its Attack and Special Attack increase.)
    • Appearance: No longer stone; has a white/gray/cyan color scheme that makes it look like it's part cloud. Emits cyan lightning.
  • Description: Sealed within a marble statue for years, this proud and powerful Pokemon is said to be the ruler of a kingdom in the sky. Its pride leads it to unleash fury on anything it sees as a threat to its power and glory.
Bronze: Hydrades
  • Name meaning: hydra + Hades
  • Classification: Hydra Pokemon
  • Sealed Form
    • Type: Dark/Steel
    • Ability: Dormant Power
    • Appearance: A hydra with three heads. Appears to be made of bronze.
  • Unleashed Form
    • Type: Dark/Poison
    • Ability: Stygian Scales (When hit by a super-effective move, its Defense and Special Defense increase.)
    • Appearance: No longer bronze; scales are gray and black, but other parts of its body are brown.
  • Description: Sealed inside a bronze statue for years, this multi-headed Pokemon is said to have once watched over a lake leading to the underworld. It can regenerate lost parts of its body, and is said to have kept a garden that only residents of the underworld could eat from.
Both Pokemon will initially appear in their Sealed Form before attaining Unleashed Form at the climax of their respective stories. The player can switch their Vasileus or Hydrades between forms at a specific location associated with them.

In terms of gameplay, the Sealed Forms are high-risk, high-reward while the Unleashed Forms are more reliably strong.
Vote for one of these submissions to be our box mascots! I will vote for Venus' myself. Voting closes on Saturday.

Anyways, onto our next job!
Job 13: Design a Hometown and Route 1
Starting Towns and Route 1 are iconic centerpieces of Pokemon. It's the first things you see of a game. Give it a shot so that we know where we are starting! Submissions will be due Sunday.

And as I know this is not everyone's foray....
Job 14: Design a brand new Rock type Pokemon
Design a Rock Type Pokemon to be in our new region! If it has an evolution family, that can be included too. There are no other restrictions, just do not make it a Legendary. Submissions will be due Sunday as well.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Rock Pokemon

Gracacid
The Toxic Lizard Pokemon
Type: Rock/Poison
Ability: Wear Down (Bite attacks causes the opponent to lose speed every turn while in play)
Note: Disregard the lighting motif. I originally made it rock and lighting. I will redraw it later with its final evolution idea.
Gracacid is a sluggish, dimwitted Pokemon that slouches about. It will bathe itself in the sunlight which causes the warmth to breed further bacteria inside its body. It’s said to contain corrosive saliva that, when it bites, will cause the victim to also become sluggish. It disguises itself as a rock to ambus would-be prey.
Inspiration: Based on a Komodo dragon’s ability to bite prey to induce bacteria in the wound as well as the Greek Rock Lizard. The name comes from Hellenolacerta graeca, it’s scientific name, and acid.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
For ease of linking and quoting…
Thalassa Town
A costal town located near a cliff that overlooks the Progonoss Sea. It’s a pleasant town with white houses, balconies, arbors, and cobble streets with a fountain in the middle. It’s here that several Pokemon Trainers will set forth in their journey to become the greatest Pokémon master of them all! The towns motto is “Where the sea meets, all will become one.” Thalassa Town means “sea”.

Route 1
This will have your typical low level pokémon including Pidgey, Sentret, Wurmple, and other Pokemon as it winds down to the beach below. As you get closer to the beach, players may come into contact with Sandyghast, Snadshrew, and Wingull. A lucky trainer may even find the regional variant, Ironian Bunnelby. This makes this route very diversified from when your leave Thalassa Town. It is here at the Pokemon professor has their laboratory.

Top Bottom