• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Marble and Bronze: The Generation IX Creation Thread

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 2
The Iroa Region - Iroa(Pronounced E-Row-a) is an offshoot of the greek word for hero, iroas, which obviously works given all the stories about the Greek gods and such. Also, Iroa just sounds like a name that would fit in with the rest of the regions names we have so far

Will come back for Job 3 in a minute because I'm still fleshing out the idea

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 3

Professor Laurel - Named after the Laurel tree in Greece, Professor Laurel is a young woman(early/mid 20s) in her first week of being a Pokemon professor. She studies Pokemon lore and behavior. The player character and rival/ rival group will be her first official kids to start their journey through her region, giving her a logical bond with the kids. Her personal growth as a professor could be a big part of the game, and at the bare minimum I believe that this would be a fresh usage of a professor. I sat out gen 5,6, and 7 but I believe the only character close to this would be Sonia in Gen 8, who wasn't even actually the professor yet.

Her being a new Pokemon professor could also add some interesting plot points to the game, such as her influence in however our Pokemon league looks and the evil team's motives. She would also be the only the 3rd female professor in the series and for sure the youngest. No matter how it shapes up it feels like there could be some very good story potential here.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
The votes are in!

Canada (Pokelego999/Perkilator) = 2
Russia (CashRegister) = 5
Africa (Venus) = 7
US West Coast (Jomosensual) = 2
New England (Ramen) = 0
Australia (Noipoi) = 10
Italy (Yoshi and Toad) = 6
Greece (Mr. Robotto) = 18
Brazil (Shark Lord) = 4
Israel (Grubhub) = 3

Mexico (Peridot) = 16

Our region is themed around Greece! Congrats to Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto for winning.

Job #2: What should we name our Region?

No Pokemon region takes it's basis's name directly (well, all but Kanto...), we need to come up with a name for our Greek region! Be creative. For reference, Alola is a variation of the Hawaiian word for "hello"/"goodbye", and Galar might come from "Gallic". This will be open for 24 hours.

Job #3: Who is the Region's Professor?

Every region worth it's salt has a good old fashined tree-named professor! Submit the name of the professor, what they study, and a brief physical description (or a drawing, if you so desire). For example... "Professor Oak. He's an older fellow with grey hair. He studies Pokemon, and is trying to invent a Pokedex" would be sufficient. It's OK if multiple submissions share a name, but please don't go with any professors already in canon. This will be open for at least 24 hours, and might be extended.
I think a good name would be Taillos.

As for the region's professor, a guy named Professor Douglas. Known to be an exceptional battler, he also side tackles his job as a Pokemon Professor. He may come off as aggressive or somewhat cocky, but underneath the surface he is a nice guy who wishes the best for those he gives the starters to. He is much younger, just under 30.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Job 2 - Elenik
Derived from Greece's official name, the Hellenic Republic (Plus the Greek translation, Ellinikí Dimokratía).

Job 3 - Professor Olive
A low-hanging fruit if there ever was one. You all know why we're naming them Olive; The plant's a national symbol of Greece.

Professor Olive is a young, tanned woman who specializes in Fossil Pokemon. She acts bubbly and energetic, though also easily distracted by any sort of new info and/or potentially huggable Pokemon. At least, that's her default. However, she holds a second personality that can come out at even minor provocations. This side of her is hot-headed, aggressive, and bold, even taking on Pokemon with her bare hands at points. However, it seems that the happier personality is the leader, at least while she's researching.

The split personalities serve as a nod to the intellectual city of Athens and the militant city of Sparta, both very well-known cities of Greece.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 2
The Orthia Region

This would be named after one of the Epithets and sanctuaries of Artemis, The Greek Goddess of the Hunt and Wild Animals. Wild Animals = Pokemon and all that.

Job 3
Professor Olea.

Olea is the scientific name of the Olive Tree, The national tree of Greece

Professor Olea would be an older woman with darker skin and a calm demeanor and and very long, messy green hair with a hairband. She loves Pokémon battles and collecting Pokémon but she isn't very competitive, She just wants to surround herself with all things Pokémon. this is even demonstrated in her wardrobe. she wears a long lab coat with several Pokémon pins on it and underneath she wears a Dress Shirt and Skirt, the shirt also has many pins on it. She is always accompanied by at least one small Pokémon that perches on her shoulder. Even though she isn't competitive, she is an expert at battling and catching wild Pokémon.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Job 2
The Noris region.

I think it would be cool to base this region off of ancient greece, or at least the culture present at the time. I think a fitting theme for a pokemon game set in ancient Greece could be tradition vs modernity as well, given that Greek Mythology is all about overthrowing rulers. A potential evil team could be trying to bring modernity to the region, which has potential to be a noble cause, but they do so at the cost of the people's traditions, which allows for them to be a more morally ambiguous team than say Galactic for example. Noris is Greek for Early, which was the synonym to ancient that sounded the most like a pokemon region when translated into Greek.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Region Nane: The Enea Region
Derived from the Greek word for Nine seeing as how it’s the ninth region

Professor Name: Professor Cypress
The cypress is a tree commonly found in Greece and the Mediterranean region and its name has its roots in Greek. There is also an island near to Greece called Cypress.

EDIT: As for a professor synopsis, here we go:

“Every professor has usually been a kind and caring professor who puts others before themselves and...more over....values Pokemon above all else. Professor Cypress values Pokémon but values them for their strength and endurance. He studies Pokémon stats and, higher the stats, the more he appreciates them. Professor Cypress is a robust and opinionated man who has a low opinion of trainers starting out. That doesn’t mean he is a bad guy but he’s more brawn than brain. It takes a lot to impress him but show your strength, speed, and courage and he might just take a liking to you. He won’t show it though as he has to keep up his steely, stern, cold image.”

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
My Submission for round 2 is Thryca. It's a portmanteau of Ithica (Odysseus's home town in the Greek epic The Oddessy) and thrylos (a greek word for legend). I don't have a professor (yet). One hour until voting starts for the region, I'll extend the professor for a day.
Region Nane: The Enea Region
Derived from the Greek word for Nine seeing as how it’s the ninth region

Professor Name: Professor Cypress
The cypress is a tree commonly found in Greece and the Mediterranean region and its name has its roots in Greek. There is also an island near to Greece called Cypress.
Job 2
The Orthia Region

This would be named after one of the Epithets and sanctuaries of Artemis, The Greek Goddess of the Hunt and Wild Animals. Wild Animals = Pokemon and all that.

Job 3
Professor Olea.

Olea is the scientific name of the Olive Tree, The national tree of Greece
For the Professor, we're doing a brief character synopsis as well.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My Submission for round 2 is Thryca. It's a portmanteau of Ithica (Odysseus's home town in the Greek epic The Oddessy) and thrylos (a greek word for legend). I don't have a professor (yet). One hour until voting starts for the region, I'll extend the professor for a day.

Thanks! I updated it.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Updated my submission.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

SharkLord

Smash Hero
OK time to vote for the region name. Two choices, ranked voting, you can vote for your own.

Mytholympia by Perkilator Perkilator
Gorah by Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Iroa by Jomosensual Jomosensual
Tallios by Pokelego999 Pokelego999
Elenik by SharkLord SharkLord
Orthia by cashregister9 cashregister9
Noris by Krookodilian Krookodilian
Enea by Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Alchedes by Joinallthreacs.smash Joinallthreacs.smash

Thryca by PeridotGX PeridotGX
I feel like it would help to link the original posts, so we can know what the names are based on. Feel like it'd be nice to know the origins.

Anyways:
  1. Thryca
  2. Tallios

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The votes are in!

Mytholympia by Perkilator Perkilator -
Gorah by Glubbfubb Glubbfubb +2 + 2 = 4
Iroa by Jomosensual Jomosensual +2 + 1 +1+1+2 = 7
Tallios by Pokelego999 Pokelego999 +1 + 1 +2 + 2 = 6
Elenik by SharkLord SharkLord +2 + 2 + 2 = 6
Orthia by cashregister9 cashregister9 +1+1 = 2
Noris by Krookodilian Krookodilian =1
Enea by Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom +2 +1 + 1 = 4
Alchedes by Joinallthreacs.smash Joinallthreacs.smash =1
Thryca by PeridotGX PeridotGX =4

Ladies, Gentleman, and none of the above, I introduce you to the Iroa region! Congrats to Jomosensual. Last call for Professor submission, and then we vote on that.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Professor voting time! Ranked voting, 3 votes, your own is OK. 24 hours.

YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 's Professor Olive
Perkilator Perkilator 's Professor Oregano
Jomosensual Jomosensual 's Professor
YannyLaurel
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 's Professor Douglass
SharkLord SharkLord 's Professor Olive
cashregister9 cashregister9 's Professor Olea

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 's Professor Cypress

That's not all, though. It's high time we start designing some Pokemans! We're not going directly into the starters, though. We have to make sure the starters are perfect, and it's unlikely our first Pokemon are perfect. We're going to ease ourselves into the Pokemon creation process, and will do the starters after we are no longer rusty. That being said...

Job 4: Submit an early game Dark-type regional variant!
1618619561070.png
Rattata and Zigzagoon both got dark type regional variants, we're going to continue that. Please submit the base form (and only the base form) of a regional variant that is at least partially dark type. It doesn't have to be a regional rodent, just something that makes sense appearing on an early route (if you're unsure, please just run it by me first). You have 48 hours to submit. For reference on how a submission can look, here's an example. bolded stuff is mandatory.

Pikachu, the Mouse Pokemon
Electric Type
(some sort of visual, either a text explanation or an illustration)

ability
moves

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
The votes are in!

Mytholympia by Perkilator Perkilator -
Gorah by Glubbfubb Glubbfubb +2 + 2 = 4
Iroa by Jomosensual Jomosensual +2 + 1 +1+1+2 = 7
Tallios by Pokelego999 Pokelego999 +1 + 1 +2 + 2 = 6
Elenik by SharkLord SharkLord +2 + 2 + 2 = 6
Orthia by cashregister9 cashregister9 +1+1 = 2
Noris by Krookodilian Krookodilian =1
Enea by Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom +2 +1 + 1 = 4
Alchedes by Joinallthreacs.smash Joinallthreacs.smash =1
Thryca by PeridotGX PeridotGX =4

Ladies, Gentleman, and none of the above, I introduce you to the Iroa region! Congrats to Jomosensual. Last call for Professor submission, and then we vote on that.
Just asking for Jomosensual Jomosensual , how is it pronounced? Is eyruh a? Eye row a? Ee row a?

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

YannyLaurel

That's not all, though. It's high time we start designing some Pokemans! We're not going directly into the starters, though. We have to make sure the starters are perfect, and it's unlikely our first Pokemon are perfect. We're going to ease ourselves into the Pokemon creation process, and will do the starters after we are no longer rusty. That being said...

View attachment 311668
Rattata and Zigzagoon both got dark type regional variants, we're going to continue that. Please submit the base form (and only the base form) of a regional variant that is at least partially dark type. It doesn't have to be a regional rodent, just something that makes sense appearing on an early route (if you're unsure, please just run it by me first). You have 48 hours to submit. For reference on how a submission can look, here's an example. bolded stuff is mandatory.

Electric Type

ability
moves
Quick suggestion, it might make things a bit easier to directly link everyone's submissions. That way, we can access and view them a bit easier.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. YoshiandToad's Professor Olive
2. Sharklord's Professor Olive
3. Professor Olea

Job 4
Iroan Bidoof

This would be your Standard Bidoof but obviously it would start Dark Type, it has a black colored coat and angry Eyes, and also it has a small pair of Horns. This would be modeled after a Bull, Bulls appear in a lot of Greek Mythology and famously the Minotaur was a bull. Why Bidoof? It's a popular pokemon and also the fun play on words "Bulldoof"

Here is a Terrible Photoshop!

Bulldoof.png

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

YannyLaurel

View attachment 311668

Electric Type

ability
moves
Professor Cyprus
Professor Olea
Professor Olive

I'll submit my dark type later.

Top Bottom