• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
... no need to be that mean :'(

I was just hoping that someone would say something like:

"You must first put a pokemon in teh pc and move it around a bit and turn off the game at the precise time to get a new master ball"

or something like that...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I've done that before, it's called the bug catching contest. If you win, it's a rumor you get the masterball.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ It's not sarcasm, seriously that contest is a *****. I catch a lv30 Scyther and lose. I read that it's hp affects your points, but how can you catch that at full hp?

rhan

Smash Hero
The hp factor was applied in the originals. It's actually easier to win the Bug Catching Contest on HGSS cuz off the added and the upped levels.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Maybe they mean the max hp number? The npc that says it really gives off the fact if your pokemon has low or high hp out of its max, not its max. Honestly I don't know, but I'm determined to win...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What other answer is there? I mean, seriously, what did you expect us to say?

"Oh yes, completely. In fact, if you catch a Bellsprout, then nickname it "Sausage Lips", fall into the Ruins of Alph, and have Sausage Lips consume at least 25 "K" Unowns. You'll fall into a chamber where you battle a Mewtwo, a Ratata, and a Tropius. Then, you must pluck the golden fruit from the Tropius and use a Full Heal to transform it into a Shroomish, which then Spores the walls, causing the building to collapse, and suddenly you're in the Silph Co. Master Ball Storage Facility"

>.>
This epitomizes every Pokémon "OMG COOL STUFFS" rumor ever and I love it.
The only thing it's missing is to press A + B + Down at some point.

... no need to be that mean :'(

I was just hoping that someone would say something like:

"You must first put a pokemon in teh pc and move it around a bit and turn off the game at the precise time to get a new master ball"

or something like that...
Obvious glitches like that don't exist in games nowadays.

One of the reasons old games are so awesome. Glitches are awesome, as long as it's not the kind where you're screaming at the TV/handheld because something hax like falling through the floor happened.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I wish they did -_-. Man Blue's gym is cool, finally got all 16 badges...getting down to the "Sr legendaries" goal... *cringe*

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Believe me, I'm entirely against cheating and using hacks to ruin your feel of the game. But if you've beaten the game already, and you're ONLY using hacks for infinite items that save you the unnecessary hassle (which I do for either 100% Catch Rate or x99 of every TM), I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. That is, of course, after you've beaten the game. :p

Edit: Like 99% of the time Pinsir wins in GSC.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I already beat the game I just don't wanna go through the hassle...

Plus if you haven't beat the game its called getting your friend to give you a lvl 100 rayquaza to beat Red's *** XD

btw, I press L R Start Select but it doesn't reset... is there something wrong with my game?

Mewter

Smash Master
Do your R and L buttons normally respond when you use them, or have they broken?

Mewter

Smash Master
Nintendo Tech Support:
1) Read Rule 2
3) IT'S DUST THAT'S STOPPING YOU FROM CATCHING THAT MEWTWO

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Lol, I know about the cartridge, but I had no idea about the buttons XD

btw, does anyone know if there was a Celebi event for Pokemon FireRed or Leafgreen?

I was looking at my Celebi's stats and it says it came from Kanto... just wonderin

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah. The 10th Anniversary Event, and the only US Celebi event to date, was for R/S/E/FR/LG.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah... considering my cousin said that he got it years ago and it says it was from Kanto and I can vaguely remember hearing about an event for FR/LG, I thought it could've been that event Celebi which would mean that it SHOULD be able to do the ilex shrine event, but Nintendo and Game Freak are simply douche bags in teh fact that they won't allow any other Celebi to partake in the event, like they won't allow a naturally caught shiny Pichu to do the Pichu event :mad:

EDIT: ninja'd

Hmmm interesting....

I thought there was a Celebi event for G/S/C as well... interesting...

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
Yeah... considering my cousin said that he got it years ago and it says it was from Kanto and I can vaguely remember hearing about an event for FR/LG, I thought it could've been that event Celebi which would mean that it SHOULD be able to do the ilex shrine event, but Nintendo and Game Freak are simply douche bags in teh fact that they won't allow any other Celebi to partake in the event, like they won't allow a naturally caught shiny Pichu to do the Pichu event :mad:

EDIT: ninja'd

Hmmm interesting....

I thought there was a Celebi event for G/S/C as well... interesting...
Yep, Pokemon 4Ever I think. I know for sure you get the GS Ball from Kurt and you go to Ilex Forest and then you get Celebi at Lv. 30.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...

Why do the Japanese do this to us :mad:

I know why! They are still pissed off over Hiroshima and Nagasaki and now they pay us back by bringing Celebi later than them :mad:

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
I can agree that hacking TMs is legit; I did that on Diamond and love it. xD
Back in my nub days (aka, just a few years ago << ) I hacked Rare Candies/used the Super Exp. cheat. I don't anymore, obviously, lol.

So I'm now training my Timid Mewtwo. Special At. of 16 or 17, Speed of about 28 or 29.
I'm impatient, I took it, despite not being as pleased as I could be with its special attack. .3.
I was surprised that one I caught had 31 defense IVs, haha.

Wait, so any legit Arceus works? I'm grabbing my Diamon later, dammit, I wanna do thisssss. I got mine with an Azure Flute. That thing makes a creepy awesome noise.
SRing a Giratina's gonna be a ***** without Synchronize, though.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
I can agree that hacking TMs is legit; I did that on Diamond and love it. xD
Back in my nub days (aka, just a few years ago << ) I hacked Rare Candies/used the Super Exp. cheat. I don't anymore, obviously, lol.

So I'm now training my Timid Mewtwo. Special At. of 16 or 17, Speed of about 28 or 29.
I'm impatient, I took it, despite not being as pleased as I could be with its special attack. .3.
I was surprised that one I caught had 31 defense IVs, haha.

Wait, so any legit Arceus works? I'm grabbing my Diamon later, dammit, I wanna do thisssss. I got mine with an Azure Flute. That thing makes a creepy awesome noise.
SRing a Giratina's gonna be a ***** without Synchronize, though.
If you're going to SR Giratina through the event, I highly wouldn't recommend it. The event itself is at least a minute long before you can even check the Start menu. It's a lot easier in D/P/Pt.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I reset for the Event Giratina.

I got what I wanted like within the first 10 tries so it wasn't that bad for me lol

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm. True.
Sigh curse my bad attention span. I alway have a hard time keeping track of EVs, even on paper... ._. I don't know if I'm correct on my numbers, and if I'm not I lack the lowering berries...
Edit: Obvious solution was obvious for me. xD I'm maxing out two stars and putting four EVs into HP, so I just got the HP down already.
Now it doesn't matter, because though I'll try to keep track, I can just grind until both stats are done, amirite? o3o

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I might just trade all my Pokemon to Plat to EV train them because I already know all the EV training spots there and its easier to keep track of EVs with the tap-counter thing.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Okay, so all the Kanto gym leaders strong(er than all my Pokemon). I think I'll spend some time leveling up on the Elite Four. At least to like level 47 for everyone or something.

Typhlosion / Ampharos / Crobat / Poliwrath / Mamoswine is my team.

What do you guys think?

-Terywj

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
Okay, so all the Kanto gym leaders strong(er than all my Pokemon). I think I'll spend some time leveling up on the Elite Four. At least to like level 47 for everyone or something.

Typhlosion / Ampharos / Crobat / Poliwrath / Mamoswine is my team.

What do you guys think?

-Terywj
If you're looking for a 6th, may I recommend maybe Alakazam, Scizor, or Forretress? :p Very nice team you've got going on though.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I will never use Scizor, so I'll consider Alakazam from that list.

I'm tempted to use a lv.40 Bronzong from my Diamond, but don't think that would be legit. =_=

-Terywj

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Im impressed with how good the towns look now :)

Currently at the lighthouse in Olivine City

My team:

Bayleaf/ Flaffly/ Honchkrow/ Ninetales/ Vaporoen/ Miltank

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
I jus sigh at my friends. Almost all of them have traded their level 100s over from Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum to help them beat the game.
-shakes head- I don't get how that makes for a fun reliving of Johto. ._. It's called grinding, kids.

Mewtwo's almost done getting his EVs in, I think. ^^
And I will now admit that this is my first fully EV-trained Pokemon, despite knowing how it works extremely well. Started training a Treecko once on Diamond, but stopped around level 50. I ususally just play Shoddy. <.3.>;

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
I will never use Scizor, so I'll consider Alakazam from that list.

I'm tempted to use a lv.40 Bronzong from my Diamond, but don't think that would be legit. =_=

-Terywj
I figured haha. I was gonna leave it between those two 'till I remembered Forretress for type coverage's sake.

Anyways, my team now is:

Aerodactyl Lv. 78
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Dragon Claw
~Crunch

Typhlosion Lv. 76
~Eruption
~Flamethrower
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake

Starmie Lv. 73
~Surf
~Psychic
~Thunderbolt
~Ice Beam

Nidoking Lv. 75
~Megahorn
~Earthquake
~Poison Jab
~Thunderbolt

Heracross Lv. 75
~Megahorn
~Close Combat
~Stone Edge
~Night Slash

Froslass Lv. 78
~Destiny Bond
~Spikes
~Ice Beam
~Shadow Ball

I could give a **** about EV training but I've had an insane amount of fun with this lineup for my team. :p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ampharos
~ Thunderpunch (lol)
~ Discharge
~ Thunder Wave
~ Signal Beam

Typhlosion
~ Lava Plume
~ Headbutt (lol)
~ Flamethrower
~ Swift (lol)