• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Fan Art

UberMario

Smash Master
Impressive! I like it a lot! But it doesn't seem to have that Pokemon vibe to me . . . . . however, neither do most of the 5th gen pokemon so I'm not a person to criticize that. lol

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Since you asked I have a few more pokemon pictures. This one, like the Murkrow one, isn't very good either. And i'm saying this because I honestly think I can do better, but it's good enough to show you guys.

This one is just a quick colored pencil sketch.

Now, this one i'm really proud of so far and I can't wait to finish it.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Do you use a tablet for these? They are insanely good :D

The Zapdos would be perfect if the ligghtning wanst so...thick. you should sharpen it so each electric-thing has a fine point at the end.

UberMario

Smash Master
Yeah, if you fix the lightning, the Zapdos will be perfect! Just make it [the lightning] less thick, more erratic, and more like it's "revolving" around Zapdos, rather than just spewed everywhere. I like the Rapidash and Charizard.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Also, do things like your Zapdos originate from regular drawings, such as the Charizard? If so, you gotta teach me how to edit like that :O

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Also, do things like your Zapdos originate from regular drawings, such as the Charizard? If so, you gotta teach me how to edit like that :O
The Zapdos was drawn straight into the computer through my tablet. I have done drawings I colored in photoshop, but none pokemon related. And I can show you how to use photoshop, just tell me what you want me to teach you and i'll try.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
a Tablet is, very basicly, a giant touch screen that allows you to draw on it rather than use a mouse.
Tablet>paper drawing because of ability to use basic photoshopping abilities/effects

Tablet>regular Photoshop drawings because nobody likes drawing with a mouse. Actually making the marks by hand rather than by mouse is 10x eaier, faster, and overall better.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh I get drawing by hand over mouse, but isn't using a tablet annoying considering that it's a touch screen and that it can be slippery?

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Well its better than having a mouse >.>

plus, I think they make it as non-slippery as possible depending on how much the one you buy is.

*still needs price for tablet*

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's so terribad why would you even

you know just stop being a Fuelbi right now I demand it.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Moon, I would suggest using a more professional sketchbook your artwork. It will look much better and it makes it easier to save for future reference which is something you should get in the habit of doing. Just stay away from lined paper in general. :p

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I can get behind Chill's recommendation. For one, I'd much rather it be one printer paper at the very least.

(no clue what fancy paper you super artsy types use)

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
For just pencil, you generally don't need more than a good acid-free paper.

But then again, I haven't done much art recently.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Moon, I would suggest using a more professional sketchbook your artwork. It will look much better and it makes it easier to save for future reference which is something you should get in the habit of doing. Just stay away from lined paper in general. :p
Where have I heard this before? :p

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry Chill, I just got some fresh new Bristol pads. I can't wait to use them (even if it is for school work only). The Charizard was just something I drew because I was stressed. You know the drill, grab the nearest paper and just start sketching. It was a fluke that it came out good :)

Also, this is an old sketch I still need to finish but I still like it anyway.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Don't worry Chill, I just got some fresh new Bristol pads. I can't wait to use them (even if it is for school work only). The Charizard was just something I drew because I was stressed. You know the drill, grab the nearest paper and just start sketching. It was a fluke that it came out good :)

Also, this is an old sketch I still need to finish but I still like it anyway.

Ah, I see. It's nice to see someone's personal art in here for once instead of the usual 'found this on deviantart and it looks cool'. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That's awesome, Charmander! Does Mewtwo's eye lack a pupil or is it just shaded very lightly? I can't tell. Also, the tail looks kinda fat...

It's still great work, Charmander. :thumbsup:

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
That's awesome, Charmander! Does Mewtwo's eye lack a pupil or is it just shaded very lightly? I can't tell. Also, the tail looks kinda fat...

It's still great work, Charmander. :thumbsup:
Thanks, and its supposed to be pupil-less, its eyes are glowing :p

also, its modeled after r/b/y mewtwo sprite, hence the fat tail

Steelia

Smash Champion

I'm trying.
SO
bad.
To like these genies. So I made this quick sketch up, since Voltolos appears the most interesting (pure Flying looks like Poison, Ground isn't too bad but has a HORRIBLE cry like someone blowing in a mic).
So yeah.
:\

Sprite used as base.

Top Bottom