• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Spire

III
BRoomer
C'mon, renaming Wargle to Braviary? I guess. Like "The Braves" and "Home of the Brave" and our country's bird being the bald eagle and such.

Brave + aviary.

I will never have an easy time pronouncing "Co***rigus" though.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
C'mon, renaming Wargle to Braviary? I guess. Like "The Braves" and "Home of the Brave" and our country's bird being the bald eagle and such.

Brave + aviary.

I will never have an easy time pronouncing "Co***rigus" though.
I rofl'd at "Braviary".

No joke.
It's funny. It almost seems as if they don't want the word "war" in the name, even though, you know, America has been in about 5+ of them by now.

Though from Mudquaza.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I think "Bravian" would have been better than "Braviary", but that's just me. I'm still trying to figure out "Cof-agrigus". I think it might have the word "egregious" in it, meaning "bad".

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Inb4 all the comments on Cof-agrigus gets GF's attention and the name is changed before release.

M.K

Level 55
For real, though, how do you say it?

Cough-agg-ree-guss
or
Cough-agri-goose.

Its way too complicated. Give me "Muk" back D:<

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'll always pronounce it coh-fa-grih-guss.

Makes the "***" stand out.

M.K

Level 55
^Thats what I was thinkin' too, but I was like ".....Nintendo wouldn't put emphasis on that word....would they....?"

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I don't care about their intentions.

I care about my way of saying it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I think you think you know what you're talking about, but I clearly don't.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I feel like I'm being trolled right now but I can't be absolutely sure if you somehow didn't realize it :V

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The fact that barely nobody got the reference imo means that the name is ok seeing as how obscure its sexual meaning is.

Besides, more people notice the obvious like how it's a combo of Snide + Ivy

EDIT:

And I still don't get why GF didn't listen to use and name the starters Smugleaf/Wotter/Baycon/Pignition/w/e instead :/

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Has everyone decided which version they'll be getting? I still want black just because it sounds better (and black city looks more interesting than white forest) but Zekrom is such a badass. :(

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm getting both. I actually tried to reserve both of them ages ago, but more recently when I was buying Pokémon Ruby as a present for one of my friends, they asked me if I wanted to reserve them and I told them I'd already reserved both. They checked just to make sure and it turned out that whoever had reserved them for me reserved two Blacks, for whatever reason.

But they fixed it for me, so I actually have both versions reserved now.

I believe I decided on Black as my "main" version, though.

M.K

Level 55
Yeah, and Firus and I decided that we'd trade Lady Gaga (Gothilelle or whatever) and imitation Bloblax (Reuniclus) cuz I'm gonna be getting White :D

Chill

Red
BRoomer
mod party in here! ^.^

I think I'm getting white. I somehow managed to make up my mind in the last half hour.

M.K

Level 55
Zekrom is truly a monster, and really, you'll be able to get the others through fair trades on the GTS (Lots of people want Gothilelle's for Reuniclus's and so forth).
I love Zekrom, and Firus loves Reshiram so we gooooood.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
^Thats what I was thinkin' too, but I was like ".....Nintendo wouldn't put emphasis on that word....would they....?"
I don't think it's supposed to be offensive. Things that might be offensive in one country mean nothing in another, like how a *** is a cigarette over here ("Anybody got any ***s on them?") and a ****** is a food.

For example a poof is an offensive term for a gay guy over here, and purple is the universal gay colour, so you'd think things like this would be super offensive:

Yet nobody cares.

Top Bottom