• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
Honestly...at this point, ANY POKEMON can still make it in. Did anyone honestly expect Squirtle and Ivysaur to be in...NO we didn't. Sure we all thought Charizard would be cool but most of us assumed since he'd been in a pokeball that he was now unqualified to be a PC. The point I'm trying to make is that Sakurai has a mind which is inpenetrable and can just not be read. No one knows what he'll do next. Hell Dunsparce even has a chance now...:chuckle:

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu is only the symbol of the franchise due to the anime. In R/B he did nothing special. Since pikachu is only there due to the anime other pokemons that have been big due to to anime deserve to be in brawl.
In case you didnt notice PT is based off the character model from FRLG which are remakes of the original games and if more pokemon are going to get in other than M2 and Jiggs then it should be based from the games not the anime especially since the anime HAS TOTALLY SUCKED SINCE THE FIRST SEASON ENDED!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pikachu is only the symbol of the franchise due to the anime. In R/B he did nothing special. Since pikachu is only there due to the anime other pokemons that have been big due to to anime deserve to be in brawl.
The anime was not first for the whole pokemon thing...Pikechu was being endorsed way before it was made...

And NO...it should not be based on the anime...it sucks...

that's why they added Red and not Ash

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
No basing off the anime...it's offensive to the games
well Jiggs was in Melee cuz of it...some of the Pokemon were based off of it too, so y not? M2 was technically in it based off his movie but that can be countered because hes basically the villain pokemon. Pikachu would actually be nothing without the anime, thats y he became the pokemon mascot. the game and anime are pretty much linked to each other, so it wouldnt be too offensive...

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
In case you didnt notice PT is based off the character model from FRLG which are remakes of the original games and if more pokemon are going to get in other than M2 and Jiggs then it should be based from the games not the anime especially since the anime HAS TOTALLY SUCKED SINCE THE FIRST SEASON ENDED!!!!
I know the anime has sucked but the point is that someone like jiggly got in because she was the second most liked character around that time in japan. Meowth has had a following in japan and thats why he has a good chance of being in brawl.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OMQJsE3Lh3w

The anime was not first for the whole pokemon thing...Pikechu was being endorsed way before it was made...

And NO...it should not be based on the anime...it sucks...

that's why they added Red and not Ash
I know its not being based on the anime but the fact remains that they gained fame threw it. and can you prove that they were endorsing pikachu before the anime? I seriously don't think they had pikacu as their mascot until the anime.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
They arent going to let just any old pokemon in, i dont know where i saw it but i saw in another thread that there was certain criteria that any character has to meet to be playable and i know popularity and influence was something that was needed to be considered

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
They arent going to let just any old pokemon, i dont know where i saw it but i saw in another thread that there was certain criteria that any character has to meet to be playable and i know popularity and influence was something that was needed to be considered
well where did they get this criteria?

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
well where did they get this criteria?
Sorry i dont remember but even though meowth is popular in japan i would rather have lucario cause hes cooler and would be a way better fighter. I only voted for lucario because my choice wasn't on the list and hes the most likely to get in from the 4th gen

Garchomp for Brawl!

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Ugh, Lucario looks cool but I honestly don't think he'd have anything new to offer. Charizard, squirtle and ivysaur are the ultimate success story and hope this brings way for more entertaining WTF characters. :laugh: I'd like Marowak in because he's one of the more cool and mature grim poke. Dude his story goes from fighting with the remains of his ancestors. Plus using the bone for a weapon, beyond awesome. He has three unique moves (bone club bonemerang, and bone rush) he can use as attacks along with other traits going for him. But alas such a thing is not to be. :urg:

Still I gots me a squirtle.:chuckle:

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
Lucario is just a fad. He's a mediocre Pokemon with horrible design.
Mediocre Pokemon with a horrible design!!!? Try telling that to the millions of fans that made him one of the most overused pokemon in online competitive battling.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
Mediocre Pokemon with a horrible design!!!? Try telling that to the millions of fans that made him one of the most overused pokemon in online competitive battling.
I agree that his design isn't bad but i think hes overrated in the OU camp cause every time i fight one it always loses. I even fought an entire lucario team that i beat with my charizard alone.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
deebz....lucario will make it in, cause well, he is like teh same as mewtwo, both got recognized over a movie, and well...mewtwo is a deformed cat, while lucario is a deformed dog...if mewtwo can make it so can lucario!!!
...ok, and no...Mewtwo was not recognized from the movie...he was recognized by being the most powerful of Pokemon...

Lucario isn't even legendary

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well the one Lucario from the movie can talk. Whose to say other Lucarios that might appear later in the anime can talk? Lugia could talk in the movie, but couldn't talk in the special episodes. Lucario is a rare species, Mewtwo is a cloned Mew whose genes were altered to create something different. Mewtwo is psychic; Lucario is fighting/steel. They even fight differently; therefore, they are not the same.

automirage04

Smash Rookie
They should stick with the Classic Pokemon Characters, imo. Ones from Red/Blue or really popular ones from Gold/Silver.

I would like to see Raichu make an appearance. I love this pokemon, and is it always one of the ones I used to make my way through the Eilte 4 in both Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. Raichu could be to Pikachu what Ganondorf is to captain falcon :)

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
Well the one Lucario from the movie can talk. Whose to say other Lucarios that might appear later in the anime can talk? Lugia could talk in the movie, but couldn't talk in the special episodes. Lucario is a rare species, Mewtwo is a cloned Mew whose genes were altered to create something different. Mewtwo is psychic; Lucario is fighting/steel. They even fight differently; therefore, they are not the same.
Im pretty sure any lucario can talk and he and mewtwo are similar but they aren't the same. There is only one mewtwo and one lucario you get but lucario can be bred. They both happen to learn aura sphere which is a really good move that only a few legendaries (Lucario and Togekiss too) learn. Their typing is different but they do have similar body structures. They arent the same but they are similar.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Mewtwo has a longer tail than Lucario and has a tube thing behind his neck =P. They are somewhat humanoid, but that's the only similarity in body structure. Mewtwo excels in Special Attack and Lucario's attack and special attack are somewhat more close.

You can't really judge if other Lucarios can talk because Ash hasn't met another one yet. Only one Mewtwo, but there are 3 trainers with Lucario (unless there are more in the battle tower) besides the Riolu you get. Lucario has an evolutionary chain, Mewtwo doesn't. Then there's the fact Mewtwo is an uber and legendary while Lucario isn't. They are very different despite the few similarities.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo has a longer tail than Lucario and has a tube thing behind his neck =P. They are somewhat humanoid, but that's the only similarity in body structure. Mewtwo excels in Special Attack and Lucario's attack and special attack are somewhat more close.

You can't really judge if other Lucarios can talk because Ash hasn't met another one yet. Only one Mewtwo, but there are 3 trainers with Lucario (unless there are more in the battle tower) besides the Riolu you get. Lucario has an evolutionary chain, Mewtwo doesn't. Then there's the fact Mewtwo is an uber and legendary while Lucario isn't. They are very different despite the few similarities.
What you said is true and i was talking about the lucario you get cause you do only get the one riolu egg, anyway they have their differences but they share slight similarities that most other pokemon dont and everybody thought lucario was a legendary before d/p was released too.

[EDIT]

Personally i like Mewtwo more than any other pokemon and i want him to return before or if we see lucario

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I actually never thought of Lucario as legendary when he was first revealed, so the statement "everybody thought Lucario was a legendary before d/p was released" is false (unless I'm not included in the everybody along with a few others). To me, saying Lucario is similar to Mewtwo is like saying Deoxys is similar to Mewtwo (difference being structure and the fact that Deoxys can change forms, learn different moves, and stats depends on form).

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
I didnt mean "everybody" to be taken literally, just a lot of people thought so before he was in d/p. To be perfectly honest i dont like deoxys. I still think lucario is overrated though and would rather have mewtwo come back.

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
Lucario isn't all that bad in competitive battling if its got the right moveset, but its also really easy to beat if you've got the right counter for it... And it definitely is overrated. The fact that it's easy the most recognisable Pokemon from DP (having been one of the first five revealed) doesn't help much. It does, however, help its chances of making it into Brawl...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
To be perfectly honest i dont like deoxys. I still think lucario is overrated though and would rather have mewtwo come back.
I was hoping for Deoxys as playable but ow well, Idk why you think Lucario is overrated, maybe because he's so popular, meh I just want to see both Lucario and Mewtwo in Brawl

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
Lucario isn't all that bad in competitive battling if its got the right moveset, but its also really easy to beat if you've got the right counter for it... And it definitely is overrated. The fact that it's easy the most recognisable Pokemon from DP (having been one of the first five revealed) doesn't help much. It does, however, help its chances of making it into Brawl...
I could not have said it better myself. Since Lucario is overrated and popular in the pokemon games that increases his chances of getting into brawl. I dont think he would be a bad brawler either, and im perfectly fine with him and mewtwo being playable characters as long as we can have both of them in it.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
Yea sometimes i forget there's a poll. Lucario would be a good brawler and i want a revamped Mewtwo. I have said that so many times in this thread I've lost count... so GARCHOMP FOR BRAWL TOO!!!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'll probably have to say that even though Lucario is cool and all I believe Mewtwo will end up owning better than him if his moves do get modified

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably have to say that even though Lucario is cool and all I believe Mewtwo will end up owning better than him if his moves do get modified
Yea i hope thats what happens cause having lucario in brawl would be cool and mewtwo really should get overhauled so he lives up to his name as the world's strongest pokemon cause pikachu and jigglypuff should not have been better than him in melee.

Top Bottom