• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon: Scarlet and Violet Sells over 10 Million Copies in Three Days

Scarlet_Violet_Sales.jpg
Pokémon has always been a heavy hitter for Nintendo sales, but it’s recently been taken to even greater heights. In just three days after its release, Pokémon: Scarlet & Violet versions combined have sold over 10 million units globally. This makes it the best-selling game ever released on a Nintendo platform within that time frame.

Even factoring in lifetime sales,it has already surpassed several Pokémon games in this regard, such as Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon as well as Emerald, Platinum and Crystal.

It wouldn’t be the first record that a Switch game has broken this year, as Splatoon 3 recently became the top-selling game of 2022 in Japan. That game also broke the record for the first three days of sales on a Nintendo platform at 3.45 million, but it seems the latest installment in the pocket monster series has blown Splatoon 3’s numbers out of the water.

The first open-world game in the series, Scarlet & Violet have shipped with numerous bugs and glitches that have gained infamy on social media. Despite that, the game has received plenty of positive critic reviews on Metacritic, sitting at a “generally favorable” 76.

Author’s Note: I haven’t played a game in the series in a really long time, but I do really like a lot of the new Pokémon designs. Have you already picked this game up, or do you plan on it? What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Writing: Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Editing: @Sari
Thumbnail Graphic: @Zerp
Social Media: @Zerp

Janx

Comments

You guys realize when someone says a game is bad due to glitches it’s not always necessarily saying the game isn’t fun or you can’t enjoy it right? Even if the glitches don’t affect you and you didn’t experience any of them it’s still ****ty that they’re in the game and saying “they’re not a big deal because they only affect a small portion of people” is implicitly defending a game having a bad player experience.

It could be the best game ever and still it would be bad if it became a glitchy mess for a select few people
so what we should just blindly hate it?

Yikes…unsurprisingly, the sales took a massive dip.
Not only thats normal but as said, less a drop than other entries did, the very fact the site is reporting in such a way already shows bad faith as even if the article itself explains it, the title is clear clickbait to please the haters.

Same with lying its a "massive" drop or even as some, I assume will be spreading the title everywhere as some huge news because haters are desperate to grab to anything that can save them for the idea the series is selling as usual (this is a lot like the lies surrunding the switch "flopping" when it was a hit in 2017), worse, pretending its due the glitches only a couple people are finding but pretending its some cyberpunk situation, the salt was fun to watch at first but the blind hate and rage some got trained to have at pokemon despite not playing it is getting out of hand, some gamers just start foaming at the mention of the series now despite not touching it for years, or will believe or distort any "news" to pretend its failing even when its not

Last edited:
And People wonder why Pokemon doesnt try anymore?!
BTW how does Character creation work in this game? As far as i know Clothing is out i do hope they add free Eye, Skin and HAir Control tho!

Top Bottom