• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
A lot of people hate the 5th Gen ideas because they think that:

A: It will be worse than the 4th Gen
B: There aren't many ideas left for legendaries
and
C: The Starters suck

Which don't apply to anyone in this room. >_> Right everyone? *loads gun*
A: Competitively speaking, 4th gen brought A LOT of good stuff, and I'm not exactly sure if they can implement much more stuff to make that side of the game better (bar deleting a good portion of hax). That just leaves building on the casual gaming, which, in my opinion, seems to be slowly but surely degrading. They just seem to keep on bringing in a slightly higher amount of bad than they do good with each passing gen (starting from 2nd).

B: I don't think 5th gen is going to bring a new favorite legendary for me like 4th gen did. Giratina-O is like my Pokemon feng shui.

C: I'm really only a fan of one of them, which is the same as it was for me in 4th gen; only I actually didn't mind using one of the others in 4th gen, whereas I likely would never use the others in this gen. So...this is kinda true. Granted, the one I actually like from this gen is currently my favorite starter ever, so kinda not true at the same time.

Go ahead. Shoot me.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
If you think about it, if you like even ONE of the three new starters, then Game Freak has succeeded. The idea is that you choose ONE, and there ideally should be something for all tastes. I've seen people both hate and hype each of the three starters, and to tell you the truth, I think that's a good thing. If you absolutely love or hate all three of them, then the one you pick doesn't really seem as special.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
If you think about it, if you like even ONE of the three new starters, then Game Freak has succeeded. The idea is that you choose ONE, and there ideally should be something for all tastes. I've seen people both hate and hype each of the three starters, and to tell you the truth, I think that's a good thing. If you absolutely love or hate all three of them, then the one you pick doesn't really seem as special.
This is very true.

+1 rep

-Terywj

Mewter

Smash Master
It's only because some people look at Pokemon from their special rose-colored nostalgia glasses.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I really thought 4th gen was the last gen since Arceus was like the god of pokemon. I really wonder if they have some good plans for the legendaries.

Maybe they'll make a Olympic Gods type of pokemon, where each one controls something. Even though kyrogue and groudon are sorta like god pokemon, I think.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I can only somewhat agree with this. Just look at the 1st generation starters. Everyone here can honestly say that they have a soft spot in their hearts for each of them. You could pick any of the 3 and be satisfied with your choice.

But people seriously need to stop judging the starters, because the final evos are always the most important stages. And for all we know the grass snake could end up having an average-looking final evo and the sea otter could have an extremely bad*** evo line.

If we MUST judge these guys at the moment, then my only opinion is that they're light years better then gen 4's 1st form starters. E-NUFF said.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I really thought 4th gen was the last gen since Arceus was like the god of pokemon. I really wonder if they have some good plans for the legendaries.

Maybe they'll make a Olympic Gods type of pokemon, where each one controls something. Even though kyrogue and groudon are sorta like god pokemon, I think.
We went over this - Arceus is not a god. Arceus came from an egg.

the sea otter could have an extremely bad*** evo line.
See: Piplup.

-Terywj

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
HeartGold or SoulSilver PokeDex entry, I believe.

...they have different PokeDex entries, right?

-Terywj
According to the legends of Sinnoh, this Pokémon emerged from an egg and shaped all there is in this world.

^^HG and SS pokedex entry

It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing, then shaped the world.

^^Platinum

Wow I didn't even see this or catch it. Nintendo is mad tricky yo.

Emerging from an egg doesn't make him not a god.
True, but he came from an egg. Which probably means some other pokemon god type of thing created him

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah but it also states it came from an egg from nothing and it created the universe.

Nowhere does its pokkedex entry contradict it being a god.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Yeah, but nowhere in its entries or PokeDex does it state that Arceus is a god.

Also, gods aren't born from eggs. They're there. Simply there, that's it.

-Terywj
According to legend, Arceus is thought to have created the Sinnoh region and possibly the entire Pokémon world, the Lake guardians: Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, and the dragon trio: Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.

^^That sounds like a god, but it's just legend....which could be wrong! oh man im getting excited for these legendaries in black and white

Mewter

Smash Master
Nowhere does it implicitly state Arceus is a god, but it might as well be.
Where is it written that gods can't come from eggs?

It's so much stronger than the other Pokemon.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah after checking, Ganesha is still considered a god even though he was created by another god.

So basically, Arceus is a god.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Just a couple of points which may support the fact that Arceus is a "god":

• Arceus's name may come from the words arch (highest) and deus, which is Latin and Greek for god. It may also have a root in the Latin word arcanus, which means secret; sacred mystery.
  • Arceus is particularly based on a creator deity, present in many world cultures. It may also be a reference to the Chinese mythical creature, the Qilin. Its myth is nearly identical to that of the Pangu, the Chinese creation deity.
  • Arceus has a signature move called Judgement (lol)
  • According to the anime, its power can also bring back things that it once destroyed or make certain things to vanish into thin air. Arceus also has the ability to halt time.

And points against the fact is may be a "god"

• It can be caught with a Pokeball.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Just cause it can be caught by a pokeball, doesn't mean it isn't a god. It's recognized in the pokedex as well, but it created Sinnoh and many of the legendaries of that era.

The fact that Gamefreak changed the pokedex entry to include that it emerged from an egg makes me suspect that there will be an overall creator of pokemon, a Pokemon God. I don't know if he will be introduced in this generation though, I sure hope he is however.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Still, imagine what more they could've done if they waited for the 3DS.
That's probably what the 3rd game is going to be on.

The battle animations look cool, but I hope that it doesn't add more in-game loading times like diamond/pearl had every now and then.

Also, 3rd gen was my favorite pokemon design-wise. Get @ me.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Looks a lot more populated.

The only bad thing about new amazing features in games is when you go back to the old ones, they seem so plain.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That's probably what the 3rd game is going to be on.

The battle animations look cool, but I hope that it doesn't add more in-game loading times like diamond/pearl had every now and then.

Also, 3rd gen was my favorite pokemon design-wise. Get @ me.
I hope so too.

Spire will get @ you.

-Terywj

Riddle

Smash Lord
Just because some of us like the first gens more doesn't me its because of nostalgia. If Shoddy had RBY I would battle on it as much if not more than ubers. Its just a superior game in my eyes. Plus its more creative.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Plus its more creative.
Other than it being the first, I fail to see how you could make that call. You have a pokemon called CATERPIE, Wigglytuff is easily one of the blandest, more boring evolutions ever MAKE THE BALL OVAL, ADD A CIRCLE IN THE MIDDLE!, bug pokemon were horribly redumentry, compared to Foretress, and the designs are all based on easily identifiable creatures to a greater extent than that of say 3rd gen (Metagross, Absol, etc).

1st gen is the 2nd most broken metagame, and its only redeeming feature is that its the most offensive OU available. The mechanics are horrible (freezing equals death?!?!?!), and its just all around not worth it.

Sorry, but you're just looking to validate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom