• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Thread

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Asage you're waaaaaaaay behind the recent BW2 updates have completely debunked that rumor / proven those "scans" fake. Have you not seen the new Coro and footage? They're posted all over this thread. Seriously lol
I alrdy knew they were fake then. I alrdy pretty much said that >_>

All I'm saying is that in general, new starter Pokemon isn't very possible. I dunno why I didn't point that out. Oh well.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Idk if I wanna be the girl or the boy at this point XD. But it looks good. By looks of it, the story changed too. Gonna pick Snivy again and go for my B/W team or other parts of older teams(Weird I have different teams for each region XD, but I do have a main team.)

:phone:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Old Gym Leaders what the ****...? That's awesome though. Will they be incorporated into the main story somehow or do you guys think they'll just end up being some random people you can battle?

Nevertheless these games are just looking more and more impressive with every new bit of information.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Serebii says you fight them in something called the Pokémon World Tournament.

They have some other scans too.
http://images.serebii.net/corocoro5125.jpg
http://images.serebii.net/corocoro5121.jpg
http://images.serebii.net/corocoro5123.jpg

Pokémon Black 2 & White 2

The first images from inside CoroCoro have started to come. These images showcase further screenshots of Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 and provide a lot of information. First, it confirms Alder will appear early on within the game and asks the player to follow him
Cheren is a Normal-type Gym Leader while Bianca gives you your starter Pokémon as a favour for Juniper
Nobody seems to know where N has gone
New Professor is Professor Burnett who is in AR Searcher
Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus original forms are Incarnation Forme. Their new forms are Sacred Beast Forme. They are 198, 199 and 200 in the Unova Dex and have no type changes
Tornadus' Sacred Beast Forme focuses on Defense, Speed & Special Defense. It is 1.4m and weighs 63.0kg
Thundurus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Special Attack. It is 3.0m and weighs 61.0kg
Landorus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Attack. It is 1.3m and weighs 68.0kg
Mecha Tyranitar is part of PokéWood. Icirrus City Gym Leader Brycen appears, has a confrontation with Homika's father who wants to be a movie star, and is part of PokéWood. PokéWood allows you to select a scenario and then make the movie. Various battles appear
Pokémon World Tournament allows you to battle many of the old Gym Leaders and Champions including those listed yesterday and Janine & Blaine. We're still in the process of translating so keep checking back
There's also news that Meloetta will be a giveaway with a movie.

Pokémon Black 2 & White 2

In addition to that, it confirms that Meloetta is the special giveaway Pokémon at the movie. It's at Level 15 and shows the change of form also occurs in Black 2 & White 2's Castelia City. It has the moves Quick Attack, Confusion and Round and like Keldeo, holds a PP Max

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
No, it's, from what I can gather, a boss fight of sorts.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, it's, from what I can gather, a boss fight of sorts.
Pokemon games need more boss fights with uncatchable monsters.

Edit: Did anyone see the genies?

They look even WORSE now.

absolutely horrid

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Wait, so the Mecha Tyranitar is not a part of the movie thing (Pokewood)?

Confused ._.
Yes, the Mecha Tyranitar is a part of the PokeWood. It's assumed to be a boss fight for the movie, as it will be uncatchable. Maybe similar in regards to Pokemon XD having a Robo Groudon.
PsychoIncarnate said:
Doesn't that defeat the concept of "catch 'em all"?
The boss fights wouldn't have to be Pokemon persay. I mean, we have Organization Leaders, Gym Leaders, Rivals and the Elite Four, as well as Frontier Brains as kinds of bosses. Just tack on a few PokeWood bosses will just add to the stash of bosses.

And there hasn't really been boss Pokemon, unless you include the Legendaries as such, which is silly because you can catch them. *shrugs* So no, I don't think it would truly have any significant damage on the concept of catching them all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always imagined the ghost Marowack in the first game to be a kind of boss.

It's not catchable.

If would have been better if they added ghost attacks to it, made it type ghost, and changed the sprite a little bit.

Something like that.

Or imagine Team Rocket sending one of their robots after you

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Oh, well, that's an idea I can get behind. Battling non-Pokemon enemies could be interesting. But uncatchable Pokemon, less so.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
but Mecha tyranitar isn't even a Pokemon, it's a Robot <.>

UberMario

Smash Master
Oh, well, that's an idea I can get behind. Battling non-Pokemon enemies could be interesting. But uncatchable Pokemon, less so.
What if they were shadow or modified pokemon? (Think of Gale of Darkness and the anime Mewtwo)

John2k4

The End of an Era
New video about this located. It's set to Unlisted, and was uploaded by PokemonCoJP yesterday.

Edit: And they went and made the video private.

:c

Title translated to ""Pokemon Black 2 White 2" [official] Introduction Movie". It was entirely anime, with the game mentioned only in the end.

Kommander Kol

Smash Rookie

absolutely horrid
I would have to disagree with you slightly in regards to the genies. I think that their B & W 2 forms are an improvement on their previous ones,if only by a little bit. They still look like some sort of pedophile Digimon reject creature to me,though...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
New video about this located. It's set to Unlisted, and was uploaded by PokemonCoJP yesterday.

Edit: And they went and made the video private.

:c

Title translated to ""Pokemon Black 2 White 2" [official] Introduction Movie". It was entirely anime, with the game mentioned only in the end.
Here it is.

http://cake-slice.tumblr.com/post/23137343716/uploading-for-all-the-people-who-missed-it

and the English translation:
N: Your path to capturing Pokemon… what will it be?

Rival: Finally! Let’s go get our Pokemon!

Rival: You’re…

Bianca: Ah, I’m glad you made it! Here, in this tube are the Pokemon that will become your partners!

Akuroma: Team Plasma said… “We should seek the potential of Pokemon and free them from people.” I don’t believe that.

Elesa: Welcome to the stage! My pokemon and yours… I wonder which will shine brighter? Let’s decide it here and now!

Team Plasma: Hahahaha… I congratulate you on getting this far. But since we’re here, I don’t think we need your company.

Rival: All right, now I’m really getting mad.

Cheren: Tch, these guys are real troublemakers.

Rival: Lend me your strength as well so we can finish this quickly.

Plasma: Seviper, bite!

Player: Arcanine, use bite too!

Rival: Samurott, Ice Beam!

Player: Hold it!

Player: Lucario, Aura Sphere!

Shadow Triad: How will you achieve your goal…?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Nah, I just reposted some stuff. This game is the best though.
Or will be!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Mother of GOD the main character guy's hair PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What bugs me more than anything is Bianca. Her non-glasses are probably the most pretentious hipster thing I have ever seen.

That trailer was awesome, though.

^Best moment in the trailer.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Arcanine was super bro.

Still hate the male trainer, though.

DLO

Smash Journeyman

absolutely horrid
What? No. Your opinion sucks. You don't have ONE valid reason. Not to mention calling them "genies".

What bugs me more than anything is Bianca. Her non-glasses are probably the most pretentious hipster thing I have ever seen.
Those are Cheren's glasses.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What? No. Your opinion sucks. You don't have ONE valid reason. Not to mention calling them "genies".
Whoa, okay, telling people their opinion sucks is probably a bad idea. Just because reasons weren't given in that post doesn't mean valid reasons don't exist.

I don't see anything wrong with calling them genies, either.

Those are Cheren's glasses.
No, Cheren's glasses are different:

I'm pretty sure Cheren just doesn't have any frames and just has the lenses, while Bianca just has half frames.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, okay, telling people their opinion sucks is probably a bad idea. Just because reasons weren't given in that post doesn't mean valid reasons don't exist.

I don't see anything wrong with calling them genies, either.
No reason imply that he's simply hating without motive.
And it's like calling Tangela a "elf".

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lucario got so much attention in that Anime vid... I wonder why? :rolleyes:

And yes, hate the haters, because two wrongs make a left square right.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess technically they are "Kami's" but Kami is not a well known word, in America at least.

When they were first announced, the community called them genies - Haven't been much in touch with the community so I'm not sure if you all just call them Kami's now or what.

Their design takes inspiration from genies, after all. And Genies take after elements much better in mythology than Kami's do. Genies even have separate races based on the elements such as: Ifrit and Marid.

However, I can't believe such an outburst at the thought I believe these things are hideous.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Honestly I don't like the genie/kami/whatever they are supposed to be. Though I do like their sacred beast forms more than their humanoid forms. I played White so I'm not sure if I should just get White 2 or Black 2......

Sully

Smash Cadet
I want this game sooo bad. The new formes look amazing (mostly Tornadus though) and I like the new gym leaders. And hopefully the new Rival isn't everywhere like Cheren and Bianca :/

And off topic a bit, the V-Create Victini event is apparently active again.

Top Bottom