• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POE3 Results: Wobbles, Zhu, RockCrock, MacD, Kels, COSMO?!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
well i mean, there were just soooo many different ways to answer that

but i'll just say, our table and bun bun's table at ihop all know about his cosmo and the hand shaking hahahahahahaha
My original assumption was that you used gaydar, but upon further review of your testimony it appears you are a real detective of sorts
What I learned at this tournament:
I won't be returning to the next POE
I won't be entering tournies which allow wobbling (no hate to you wobbles, you're the man)
Changing my name to Clutch$ does in fact help me pull through during crunch time
Peef is a homosexual (?)
MacD/Zhu are really cool
Kirby counters peach

I hope that OOR doesn't think that any of the drama/short comings of this tournament are normal in the Midwest. We may be a bunch of jokers but we normally handle our business

shoutouts:
I'm not willing to invest the time into writing these up. I had fun playing/seeing everybody. I had fun with all my cash battles. I'm upset that I didn't get to record any matches and I'm kinda regretting not hopping on the live stream and showing people how well I can push buttons
oh and COSMO
you're my favorite player to watch, and you've inspired me to pick up zelda to try to help my defensive game develop
edit-thanks TOs as always for organizing a tournament for me to participate in. ;)

Big_R

Smash Champion
@macd

prolly shouldnt post ppls personal stuff on the boards but now that its out....cmon who didnt know that rofl...

MacD

Banned via Administration
there is always gaydar used, but a little extra detective work can't hurt ;)

and lol, i didn't bring it up

<33333 peef

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
locals being a bit of a debacle are ok, but when you get travelers from OOS and stuff it kinda sucks when things go wrong. I hope something is learned from this. I dun know the whole story but it seems like theres a general consensus that peef was in the wrong. All you can do Peef is not get discouraged too much(yeah theses moments right after blow) and if you want to TO again make corrections and if you feel like you need help ask. You can't go wrong with a second/third/fourth option especially with BigD/BigR, they are pretty knowledgeable.

honestly if you know deep down that you were in the wrong (in some sort of fashion) just step up and admit it and move on. to me it seems like you should've asked for help. the most important thing is that the OOS ppl dun feel cheated.

w.e its done now let ppl vent and **** they'll get over it just like EC got over bailey rigging brackets(WAY BACK WHEN) and just like how we got over Inui and like how we all got over the PBnJ thing. It happens.

macd I am going to destroy you in tourney next time we meet lol.
/trash talk

Oro?!

Smash Hero
worst part about wobbling isn't that 1 grab=1 stock, it's that you are literally helpless, and just sitting there waiting to die. **** feels like you are getting Brawl infinited.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
worst part about wobbling isn't that 1 grab=1 stock, it's that you are literally helpless, and just sitting there waiting to die. **** feels like you are getting Brawl infinited.
follow Iori's lead. Pause more.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Zhu: You're a really awesome player. I think that you and many other top level players need to focus on your approaching strategies. People at the top of the metagame shouldn't be losing to ice climbers and jigglypuff. =p I hope you understand what I mean. You're way better than I could ever hope to be.
Naw, if I'm going to beat ICs and Puff it's going to be me trying to approach 100% of the time and I don't think I wanna win any other way. Even if that platform **** is the most efficient way to do the matchup, I don't think I'm ever to play that way because I hate it when people do it to me LOL.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
reallllly not seeing how peef's sexuality is relevant to the results of the tournament

Big_R

Smash Champion
also macd im goin to murder u if we ever meet again cali killaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the prophecy will be fulfilled

BunBun

Smash Master
It's not.
It's actually not even anything bad, or me trying to be mean. It's a tongue in cheek thing from dinner last night.

EDIT: Macman:
1. Ice Climbers
2. Falco
3. Ganon
4. Fox
5. Zelda
5. Fox / Marth
7. Peach
7. C. Falcon.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
LOL **** was so old. that was at toywiz before RoM even existed back in 06 man. when i just caught a glimpse of melee. good time man.

lol
yeah lol i feel like my smash age is now approaching "old".

Naw, if I'm going to beat ICs and Puff it's going to be me trying to approach 100% of the time and I don't think I wanna win any other way. Even if that platform **** is the most efficient way to do the matchup, I don't think I'm ever to play that way because I hate it when people do it to me LOL.

kirkq, ppl can play the metagame all they want, but like its ppl that are of zhu's calibur that can really shift where it goes. Think about other players around his claibur relatively in the past. would you have told shiz the same back b4 he started traveling and winning? mad respect for zhu and his playstyle btw

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I liked this tournament. I would go again. Too much bad drama in this thread, everything ended well other than stolen wallets and bunbun not getting to play much. And everyone should come to FAP.

Shoutouts...probably eventually...

Sliq

Smash Master
Also, macd figured out Peef is in the closet. Props.
I have no clue why you thought that posting this would be a good idea. If he is indeed in the closet, there's probably a ****ing good reason for it, and I fail to see how not running a tournament 100% smoothly warrants revealing information of this caliber. If I were you I'd be ashamed of myself.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I respect Zhu's unique style but I felt like he tried to be way too cute in the GFs. Seriously there's no need to run up and shine into grab or something, just F-smash.

And don't fall for stuff like Up-air through platform -> B-air over and over again

@PEEF: Finally given up on those ridiculous chaingrabs and went straight to wobbling eh? Well at least you're playing to win now.

Duff0

Smash Ace
I love how Rob (Wobbles) is the only person who consistently gets **** about throwing controllers.

He's only thrown his controller one time

BunBun

Smash Master
I have no clue why you thought that posting this would be a good idea. If he is indeed in the closet, there's probably a ****ing good reason for it, and I fail to see how not running a tournament 100% smoothly warrants revealing information of this caliber. If I were you I'd be ashamed of myself.
I'm not ashamed at all. I didn't intend for anyone to take that phrase seriously.
Chill out.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I was the other person whose wallet was stolen. My cards were canceled today with no fraudulent charges... thanks for the heads up macd. Sorry to hear you got charged but on the bright side it should mean the thief will be found.

Most of the TO issues have been covered so I don't have much to add.

You're welcome.

BunBun

Smash Master
Also, in all reality, yeah Peef screwed up and handled everything pretty badly, but it's not something that is unfixable. He'll grow and use this as a learning experience, and hopefully will eventually be able to run a really amazing tournament.

I have full hope that this happens, in fact. Peef has done a lot in his effort to spread Smash in Evansville, and spread hype around Smashboards. Props to him for this.

Also, since I was going to include this in my other post, but never made it:
PEEF

Thanks for housing us Friday night. Really appreciate that, and your dog is freaking awesome.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I agree with sliq in the context of real life due to family, friend, and peer complications. However the smash community is pretty accepting and will not think less of somebody for being gay/bi/whatever.
IMO no harm no foul assuming the information does not get relayed somehow to non smashers

and anybody who thinks less of somebody for being gay is an intolerant homophobe anyway

i_Pichu

Smash Rookie
Didn't like the constant wobbling ):
Seems so cheap imo.
Btw, where'd day 2's live stream go? o.o

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
good **** Chicago we did well, too bad OoR got top 3 though!

shoutouts to BigD for beating me in every set ever
kirkq—thanks for the support and making me realize where to go in my set with RockCrock. i'm gonna go watch the bad dudes TAS right now
jiano—beat me in OoT :embarrass Next time.
bigR—I'm going in for the kill, I'm doing it for a thrill, Oh I'm hoping you'll understand, And not let go of my hand
Iori—sorry we never got to mm. next time!!

i love u midwest

BunBun

Smash Master
I agree with sliq in the context of real life due to family, friend, and peer complications. However the smash community is pretty accepting and will not think less of somebody for being gay/bi/whatever.
IMO no harm no foul assuming the information does not get relayed somehow to non smashers

and anybody who thinks less of somebody for being gay is an intolerant homophobe anyway

Okay holy **** before this spreads:

Peef (to my knowledge) is not gay. Even if he is, it doesn't matter. My comment was referring to and continuing a joke that peef was part of at dinner last night.

Christ you all suck. How is it that you can call someone a ****** and everything be okay, but if you say something about someone coming out of the closet everyone jumps on you. Be less stupid.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I cried.... I should have gone DAMMITTTT!!!!!!! FAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKKKK <3 everyone.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
VREBM(Virus Robins Egg Blue Mage)= Me
Lazy Shout outs:

Wobbles: Thanks for the match! I had fun experiencing top-level play.
Yummy: Don't listen to the person who told you to DI in, when you're getting ken combed. They are really dumb or an utter *** that doesn't care about helping others in the community to get better.

One Idea: Since smash tournaments get really hot in small spaces, how about we bring fans to blow the hot air out of the room? Just a thought, actually there wasn't any thought involved.

Virus Mages: It's really ****ing annoying to find you guys when only 5 people in the room know who the **** you are. I consider changing your names to be rude at a large scale tournament.
lol, wasn't my idea.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
@ MacD: if you send a fraudulent charge report to the credit card bureaus/companies within 2 business days of your card being stolen then you can only be held liable for up to $50

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm not ashamed at all. I didn't intend for anyone to take that phrase seriously.
Chill out.
I don't understand what part of your original post is supposed to lead people to believe you were joking, and I have no idea how you think that I need to "chill out." Based off of my perception of what I thought you were doing, I feel that my reaction is 100% justified.

It's like calling a black guy a ****** and then saying, "I'm just kidding buddy." It's not funny and it put's everyone in an awkward position.

Okay holy **** before this spreads:

Peef (to my knowledge) is not gay. Even if he is, it doesn't matter. My comment was referring to and continuing a joke that peef was part of at dinner last night.

Christ you all suck. How is it that you can call someone a ****** and everything be okay, but if you say something about someone coming out of the closet everyone jumps on you. Be less stupid.
I wasn't at the dinner, but I think of the 170,000 smashboards members, at the most 10,000 of them were there. So your very ambiguous inside joke only landed on a small percentage of the potential viewers.

Also, in terms of calling someone a ******, there is a dandy little thing called context which lends itself to allow the word ****** to be interpreted with the correct connotation. However, when you say Peef is in the closet, given the context, I have to assume he is gay and hasn't told anyone.

If I say, "Yeah, Kels played like a ******. He just laser camped me on Corneria!", given the context, you realize that I am saying that the play style he chose was lame, and that he wasn't sucking **** while playing the game.

I think you should be less stupid. If someone called me out for using the word ****** IRL, as I did in my commentary, I would apologize and be extremely embarrassed. I think I said too much in my commentary about certain smashers, and if need be I'll apologize. Right now I'm pretty embarrassed about it.

This misunderstanding is done and over with. I have no ill feelings about it. I thought you were being a ****** but you were just dropping a joke. Also your name backwards is NubNub which is amusing.

Vts

Smash Champion
Was fun.

really enjoyed it just wish it was a little cooler in that room.

(never have i seen someone sweat as much as tink in a tiny room before even his eye lids were sweating lol)

@Wobble- <3 gotta get better so I can rep the ICs also, getting 25th slowly catching you
lies
@Jesusfreak- good matches was really great to meet you i would love to come visit texas and play you again.
@bluezaft- good meeting you just wish we could have played more ><
@iori- Farmer :D
@Zhu- If you even read this, great meeting you and hope to play you in tournament someday keep up the good work.
@tink- don't jump off the map on your last stock vs a ganon ><
@Bunbun- good hosting was little ruff at times but nice try
@PEEF- nice finding the venue
@ihsb- nothing to say
@macD- great matches in pools wish i played you more.
@Gino- fun matches hope you find your other controllers
@Shonic- thanks for the housing wish we could have played but i was balls tried both nights :(.
@arby- fun warm up matches idk why we even played since we live 15m from each other.
@shaka- 2/2 for facing me in tournaments.... and your only 2 tournaments so far lol.
@********- work on that samus your getting there if you need more IC practice just find me at tournaments.
@me- i suck i need to get better why did i lose to sliq ><
@sliq- close games >< i need just a little more puff practice.
@moogle- grith really cmon use real words (looks at yod) ;)

BunBun

Smash Master
@ Sliq
If it was just random and out of nowhere, sure, but it wasn't supposed to be. I realize it looks that way to anyone that wasn't part of the conversation, so I will apologize for that, but stop trying to make this seem like something terrible.
Do you think every time someone calls someone else a faggot they are serious? My intention was this exactly, not to make this awkward.

Big_R

Smash Champion
oh man cosmo u dont even know i will kill that solo when she starts belting

oooOOOOOoooo oooooo ooo ooooooo iiiiooooooioooooiiiioooo oooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

also the peef stuff i only say don't say it cuz it seems.....perfectly plausible..... that kinda thing sorta needs clarification even tho that does take some of the fun out of it. but it's a public forum so it's necessary unless he doesnt care either, which i cant say.

Sliq

Smash Master
So, how about Lebron James leaving Cleveland? ****s CUHRAAAAAAAZY riiiiiiiight?

Big_R

Smash Champion
man u made me check the sports page i knew it'd be a bigger story is he actually left u mofo.

so i wonder exactly how i did.... full results???

Oro?!

Smash Hero

Damn vegans and their opinions.
good **** Chicago we did well, too bad OoR got top 3 though!

shoutouts to BigD for beating me in every set ever
kirkq—thanks for the support and making me realize where to go in my set with RockCrock. i'm gonna go watch the bad dudes TAS right now
jiano—beat me in OoT :embarrass Next time.
bigR—I'm going in for the kill, I'm doing it for a thrill, Oh I'm hoping you'll understand, And not let go of my hand
Iori—sorry we never got to mm. next time!!

i love u midwest
Omg Cosmo too good. So glad IL gets that Zelda practice.:laugh:
So, how about Lebron James leaving Cleveland? ****s CUHRAAAAAAAZY riiiiiiiight?
Haven't you seen all the crazy **** about Bosh and Lebron going to Chicago, and that it is "guaranteed"?

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Ok, as Bunbun said, I know it's a little late, but I wanna defend PEEF for a second about him being "gay"(aka why he isn't)
Why he is NOT gay
1. He has a girlfriend
2. He doesn't main Peach
3. He says he has sex with his girlfriend often

Why he is gay
1. He waved his hands like a queer at ihop

Conclusion, he's not gay unless he drinks sand

Top Bottom