• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PnT Tampa Tourney!

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
I can train CFL and surrounding falcons, i'm a top falcon main, and I also play Doc.
but i'm also the best fox in florida.

OverLade

Smash Hero
*Wants in on Melee*

I never knew anything about Melees Metagame until after I heard about brawl, so I didn't bother learning. But if everyone else is doing it.......

Anyone want to brawl/Melee at PnT on Friday for an hour or two though?

OverLade

Smash Hero
if i could come i would but that too far outta my reach :(
Its all good. I suck so bad I probably wouldn't be worth anyones time....yet. :D

You should play melee>brawl red.
Not that I didn't love Melee when I played it, but Brawl has more of my favorite characters. I can't help but like the game better (I know that sounds really scrubish from a competitive standpoint, but still).

Still, I want to try and go back and learn to play melee competitively, because while watching vids I understand the mindgames and everything, I just haven't trained my fingers to do it. I played Polmex and got rocked pretty hard, but anytime Im at PnT to play brawl I'll play a lil melee. Hell, you might see me at a Melee Gigs someday XD.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Its all good. I suck so bad I probably wouldn't be worth anyones time....yet. :D

Not that I didn't love Melee when I played it, but Brawl has more of my favorite characters. I can't help but like the game better (I know that sounds really scrubish from a competitive standpoint, but still).

Still, I want to try and go back and learn to play melee competitively, because while watching vids I understand the mindgames and everything, I just haven't trained my fingers to do it. I played Polmex and got rocked pretty hard, but anytime Im at PnT to play brawl I'll play a lil melee. Hell, you might see me at a Melee Gigs someday XD.
go to melee gigs next month.

OverLade

Smash Hero
go to melee gigs next month.
Chances are if I went to Melee gigs I would lose in the first round right now lol. It would be a waste of everyones time, and just make me look bad XD. I'd like to start playing melee, but I dont want to throw myself out there until I have something to show for it lol.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
weh nu start getting really good people seem to start liking melee better cuz they get better in mlee to the point where they know theyt can be good and like the game better cuz its just an obviously fun game more fun than brawl

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Nick(Nut) i wanna go to your crib...ill bring Emil and Nick and maybe gabe xD. I want a day full of brawl and melee ****

daddyshere12

Smash Cadet
weh nu start getting really good people seem to start liking melee better cuz they get better in mlee to the point where they know theyt can be good and like the game better cuz its just an obviously fun game more fun than brawl
Qft

To add to that, I find melee helps your brawl game in a subtle sort of way, if you can switch between the 2, then melee can add a more aggressiveness, without being too rash. It also helps your tech skill in brawl a little bit.

OverLade

Smash Hero
So Im thinking we should just change this thread to a generic PnT thread. We have the brawl league and stuff to discuss right?

And Good stuff for everyone who I got to play today. It was fun not having to play online or against people that suck. Hopefully I'll come back out next week.

Vids will be coming soon.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Hey RedHalberd. where have you been? I was totally expecting you to be at the league? No ride?

Yea, on the last day of league (Nov. 22) Top 32 will be doing a mini tournament.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Double post

Sounds like a good idea, I'll update this page when new tournaments and leagues as such begin.
Not sure when the next tourney will happen but for now, but I'll update when it comes.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Hey RedHalberd. where have you been? I was totally expecting you to be at the league? No ride?

Yea, on the last day of league (Nov. 22) Top 32 will be doing a mini tournament.
I'm in band so I always have football games on friday and have community service saturday morning. I can go on Friday for a while if Someone can pick me up and drive me though, but that depends on my resources XD.

I came last Saturday though and joined. I have a couple wins now. :D

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I'm in band so I always have football games on friday and have community service saturday morning. I can go on Friday for a while if Someone can pick me up and drive me though, but that depends on my resources XD.

I came last Saturday though and joined. I have a couple wins now. :D
Where do you live, I've got nothing better to do, maybe I can come pick you up if necessary.

Neat-o...wait....top 32? are there even 32 people registered?
I think so, A lot of them just don't show up enough but they are around. If not, oh well. Hooray for spot for sure!

OverLade

Smash Hero
Where do you live, I've got nothing better to do, maybe I can come pick you up if necessary.

I think so, A lot of them just don't show up enough but they are around. If not, oh well. Hooray for spot for sure!
I can't go on Saturday, so you'd have to pick me up directly from School on Friday. I go to Sickles which is on the intersection of Sheldon and Erlich. And you'd have to take me back by 5:30 XD.

I could prolly spot you on gas every now and then, but even so Im usually broke lol.

It'd be ****in amazing if you could help me out though. :D

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I can't go on Saturday, so you'd have to pick me up directly from School on Friday. I go to Sickles which is on the intersection of Sheldon and Erlich. And you'd have to take me back by 5:30 XD.

I could prolly spot you on gas every now and then, but even so Im usually broke lol.

It'd be ****in amazing if you could help me out though. :D
Okie dokie, if you want, PM me an address to go to so I can mapquest it, because honestly I do not know Tampa that well so I definitely do not know where that is lol. A ride is certainly doable though, so if you're down to go on Friday, let me know in the PM. Perhaps you can send me a number so I can let you know when I'm coming for you.

OverLade

Smash Hero
So whos hyped for the playoff on SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Anyone know what the prize is?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Haha, I dunno if Monk will make it to top 16. I think he still can.

I wish I knew what the prize was. It would definitely be nice to know.

EDIT: Yup, it got changed to the top 16 as playoffs. Don't know why but yeah lol.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Lol idt hell make top 16???

weve played less than 14 games an are still in top 16.

Combined weve only lost 3 times, (me against him an him against me an lade)

Lol im sorry but I expect this...

Top 4 will be Me, Monk, LAde, and Petey, the order will be determined.

Dominance is a gift...

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
It is this saturday...but it's top 16 of the tampa league only...I mean in theory if you came Friday beat the top 5 people you could bump up to top 16 I guess

and no they don't do teams

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
It is this saturday...but it's top 16 of the tampa league only...I mean in theory if you came Friday beat the top 5 people you could bump up to top 16 I guess

and no they don't do teams
lol seeing how im #1 in tampa, I guess I could make top16

fight me.

Top Bottom