• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PnT Presents @ BRAWLAPALOOZA 2 @ -Miami , FL-8.17.08 (RESULTS AND BRACKETS in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chckn

Smash Ace
Death to norfair and ps2. This should be good. Also, Ill be needing to make an FIU sig on account of me going there now in the fall :p.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
nice one but it's not updated on the 1st post :ohwell:
lmao, wow you must have read this instantly. lol I changed the OP right after I mentioned it here. Also, Im calling the play-n-trade people about possible allowing a tube TV set-up (or more if we can get a table to put them in.

However, if we get some tube t.v's the only issue is people will have to play on the FIRST available TV. (Tube TV or Flat TV).

Now I havnt noticed the flat tv;s in PnT lagging, but I am bad at that kinda thing. Is there a way to completly eliminate even the tinniest bit of lag? (Component cables?)

Please give some feed back before I get permission for tube t'vs. Thanks

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I still can't believe Pirate Ship is being allowed, yet norfair and ps2 are getting banned...something is wrong here. -.-
Pirate Ship is amazing, and a fantastic counterpick for characters like Zelda with terrible recoveries. If you play on the stage a little bit, it's easy to get a feel for the hazards and how to avoid them.

If I go to this and enter singles, I'll counterpick this all day long.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i really dont mind pirate ship. i mean, its just haliberd with a zelda skin slapped on. and we play haliberd with more or less no johns :laugh:

Edit: ginger..the pics you used for your sig. do you remember if they had one for diddy? im curious to see what it looked like

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Pirate Ship is amazing, and a fantastic counterpick for characters like Zelda with terrible recoveries. If you play on the stage a little bit, it's easy to get a feel for the hazards and how to avoid them.

If I go to this and enter singles, I'll counterpick this all day long.
Oh I know it's a great counterpick for me as well, but bombs that have KO potential is ridiculous, and the ship tool on the left side that also KOs. It's whack. I don't see how that's allowed and not PS2 & Norfair when the hazards don't even go that extreme.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Edit: ginger..the pics you used for your sig. do you remember if they had one for diddy? im curious to see what it looked like
****, apparently there isn't a Diddy one, which is depressing, because all of these pictures are so cute :/

Also, I don't mind PS2 or Norfair (mostly because no one ever counterpicks them anyways).

Gingerr

Smash Lord
If I end up going to this, Chckn, we teaming for this, too?

I miss teaming with Alex, nothing else feels right :[ I need more Diddy in my life.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it. I play with component cables myself and people still complain about the minimal lag from playing on a hd.
****, well unless we can somehow get 8 tube t.v's with a table for eachI dont think they will allow tube t.v's since it will create an issue with people not wanting to play on the other t.v's.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I never even notice whatever lag there is on the flat TVs :p Maybe I'm too used to the Wifi lag to notice.

nevershootme

Smash Master
****, well unless we can somehow get 8 tube t.v's with a table for eachI dont think they will allow tube t.v's since it will create an issue with people not wanting to play on the other t.v's.
well... there was enough johns at my tourney with 3 lcds... and 58 players to go around. 5 TV's...

if they're official nintendo component cables.... well what's the problem?!

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
I never even notice whatever lag there is on the flat TVs :p Maybe I'm too used to the Wifi lag to notice.
lol, I dont feel it either =/
And I always play on a tube t.v at home because my HD t.v really lags like a mofo (Mortor slide is like impossible there)

But, some people complain so I try and compensate for everyone if I can. (Chairs still being dificult especially since what im looking for are stools so people wont get stiff necks looking up all the time.)

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman

I miss teaming with Alex, nothing else feels right :[ I need more Diddy in my life.
Chckn is with me 4 this tourney Ging :p you took him away from me for brawl bash...lol ;[ its cool though I'll find someone else to team with for seibriks.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Isn't it only supposed to lag anyway if they're being played on HDTVs not meant for gaming?

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
well... there was enough johns at my tourney with 3 lcds... and 58 players to go around. 5 TV's...

if they're official nintendo component cables.... well what's the problem?!
Thats exactly my point. If they allow someone to bring 1 tube t.v its going to be hell. everyone will john about playing on the 1 and only tube t.v. 1 ttube T.V would never work.

BTW, Chckn we never got to do our R.O.B dittos =P

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

both me and diddy kong definitely approve this message

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
i never felt any lag at pnt.

though a lot of people when bringing wiis, they don't fix the screen settings.
widescren tvs at pnt and fullscreen settings for brawl. -_-'

they should definitely remember that. it bothers me more than any lag that i do not notice at all.
and if there is, it's very minimal.

i'll be at pnt early as fuh, so i can come out and test lag i suppose.
junior, head out early so we can at least try to see.

chckn

Smash Ace
****! Owned. It's all good, I'll try to see if Alex doesn't work then!
lol dont fight, theres enough chicken to go around. And yeah pnt tv's lag, but then again for some reason I notice lag on pretty much all lcd/hd/plasma tvs. :[

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
FlatSoda: Yeah Ill be there pretty early Sunday because I'm gonna help out setting some stuff up. So some friendlies early in would be fun.

Ryusiodo: I am always up for some Marth Dittos. I learn from them more then any other match-up (Mostly copying some of other peoples styles and adding it to my own. lol) Though I have been pretty much playing ROB and only ROB since a week before the FIU tourny.(And twice that I used him in the FIU tourny.) So I think ill start dusting him off. I seem to have a problem when i switch between to characters. I seem to think that Marth's Up+B can fly -_-. My brain is all messed up.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I gotta start getting my Falco back into shape. I've been mostly whoring DK and Meta Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom