• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PnT Presents @ BRAWLAPALOOZA 2 @ -Miami , FL-8.17.08 (RESULTS AND BRACKETS in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
*Changes* Switched from 70/20/10 to a 60/30/10 format, Debatable.

Please post if you are coming, will begin an attendance list.

Sunday: August 17th, 2008 (Doubles & Singles)

Miami Lakes,FL 33014

Registration Times:
Doubles: 9:00AM - 11:30 AM(After 11:30AM you will be charged $3 late fee)
Singles: 9:00AM - Closes right before the Singles Grand Finals Begin.

Tournament Times
Doubles: Will begin at 12:00PM
Singles: After Doubles with a 10-15min Intermission.

Fees & Payouts:

$7 Registration fee (If ONLY Singles or Doubles)
$10 Registration (If entering BOTH Singles AND Doubles)
Pot: $20 teams ($10 Per person)
Pot: $10 singles
Pot split 60/30/10 for both Singles and Doubles
No money taken from pot by host.
ALL CASH REWARDS!

**** We need Wii's + Brawl, we have the T.V's****
We are only accepting the first 7 Wii's. If you bring a Wii+Brawl it is:

Bring a Wii get a discount

$5 Registration fee (If ONLY Singles or Doubles)
$7 Registration (If entering BOTH Singles AND Doubles)

Rules:

BYOC
Random Brackets (Notify host if you get placed in a bracket with ppl you play constantly)
*Write down your location next to your name in order to places brackets by location*
Double Elimination Brackets.
Brawl singles And Doubles = 3 stock
7 minute timer for all.
First stage in the set is chosen on random.
Loser from previous round chooses stage.(Out of the 5 neutral stages.)
Winner chooses Charcter. Loser Chooses Character.
Best 2/3 (3/5 for winners/losers/grand finals)
ALL ITEMS OFF.

Stage Selection: (Each player bans one stage for the Set.)

Neutrals: (On Random)

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion

*****NOTES*****
There are plenty of places to eat around the facility.
Pizza place right next door, Johhny rockets 25sec away walking distance, ect.
Also, Chairs are VERY limited. You can bring in chairs, Lawn chairs, Stools, Boxes, ect.
Anything you can sit on. We will move the furniture we have in order to make room for any sitting item you may bring with you.

*********If you have any questions, feel free to call us at:******
PHONE: 305 362 7529

Doubles bracket

Singles bracket

[/QUOTE]

Linguini

Smash Master
gg @ the worst ****ing date ever, the day before school starts,ill be there but for doubles only seeing as i have so much summer hw to do.

chckn

Smash Ace
Yeah I'll be there for this one too since it isnt scheduled on the same day as warped tour -___-, and you guys really gotta get past the whole nuetrals only thing lol.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Fixed the 11:30pm thing. lol. I jsut copy and paste these things. and the stages... If someone can please post the normally accepted neautrals|counters Ill gladly start those from ehre on out =)

chckn

Smash Ace
Heres the thread for the FL nuetral/counterpick discussion: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182500 .

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Stadium 2
Norfair

Theres the list of pretty much accepted stages as of now. Alot of people have been complaining about pokemon stadium 2 and I highly doubt that it will stay as a counterpick but thats just me lol. Thats also not a set list and Im assuming youre the tourney host so ultimately the decision is up to you lol.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably be at this tourney, and as for the stage set it's ultimately up to you junior. Neutrals or CPs, I roll with whichever. People are still debating on the CP list still so I don't know how that's going to turn out.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I'm definitely going. PnT really needs to add in CP stages, at least the universally accepted ones into their stage list. We could use some variety here, not to mention some CP stages will help certain characters a TON.

McRib

Smash Journeyman
I'll most likely come, but is there any way it can be moved to Saturday? Sunday is just a wierd day to have tournaments and I think I might be busy that day.

Just wondering, and if anyone else prefers Saturday then post as well please.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I scheduled Sunday because of the Tourny Saturday. And I think I will go with the counter pick Stages this Tournament. I think it will be more livly and entertaining.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Thanks so much for adding the counterpicks! I can't wait to see people fighting a Meta Knight on Norfair. *twirls mustache*

Master Raven

Smash Master
chckn I'd be more than happy to team with you if possible. :) Plus I'm good with MK, DK and Falco (also good with Weegee and Ike but I'm not ready to use them in tourney settings yet).

Master Raven

Smash Master
Weren't they going to open up another PnT at Pembroke Pines like one or two months ago? I recall hearing from Rick about that. Maybe I got the date wrong but still.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im bringing a foldout chair or stool or something. standing up while playing was dumb. the people i lost to would've beaten me anyway...but it was still dumb

chckn

Smash Ace
Weren't they going to open up another PnT at Pembroke Pines like one or two months ago? I recall hearing from Rick about that. Maybe I got the date wrong but still.
sounds good, can you get some friendlies today maybe? And use MK lolol.

Master Raven

Smash Master
We can do friendlies this weekend maybe. I don't have time today to do it since Dad is sleeping but I'll ask him if I can go this Friday-Sunday.

chckn

Smash Ace
Truth.

YOU are teaming with me. My Oli/IC partner disappeared it's been like 3 months already without him...I NEED YOU CHCKN! ^_^
Straight. You gotta let me know these things earlier lolol. But yeah, we gotta get some practice though.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
i might need a teammate. ;_;

also, i need game boys.
get at me about game boys.
i just lost my 2 dmgs due to modding.

picked up a sweet rare japanese silver pocket.

tl;dr

someone be my teammate, and bring me delicious game boys and cake.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
im bringing a foldout chair or stool or something. standing up while playing was dumb. the people i lost to would've beaten me anyway...but it was still dumb
yeah that whole setup took me off guard the last time. im prolly only gonna do teams here. i seriusly cant *** around on laggy TVs in singles its part of the curse.

So is there any word about if we can bring at least 1 Glass screen setup? afro could steal my singles money then lol

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
listen im glad you having counterpicks now

but if ur gonna do it, do it right.L

Take off Norfair and Pokestadium 2 and i GARUNTEE you'll hear significantly LESS whining about gay stages.
Theres no reason to have those stages on, so to keep it as fair, but still having strategy, i suggest removing them.

yea thats my two cents.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Keep Norfair. I don't know what to say of Pokemon Stadium 2 yet but Norfair isn't that bad. None of the lava is hard to avoid and even puny shields like MK's can easily withstand the huge lava tsunamis that rush torwards you from the front part of the level (when the safe-domes pop up) if you shield when the tsunami comes REALLY close.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I think that can benefit for Snake too, and just about any character with really good vertical recoveries, but as I've said, I usually just shield the lava tsunamis when they get really close, since I find that easier than flying upwards. It won't even eat up enough of your shield to risk a shield break, even on smaller shields. Norfair benefits greatly for characters that **** *** on platforms, such as most of the sword users, and characters with great recoveries, including multi-jump ones like basically all the Kirby characters, since they can have an easier time navigating the stage.

chckn

Smash Ace
I think that can benefit for Snake too, and just about any character with really good vertical recoveries, but as I've said, I usually just shield the lava tsunamis when they get really close, since I find that easier than flying upwards. It won't even eat up enough of your shield to risk a shield break, even on smaller shields. Norfair benefits greatly for characters that **** *** on platforms, such as most of the sword users, and characters with great recoveries, including multi-jump ones like basically all the Kirby characters, since they can have an easier time navigating the stage.
I like the level too, but it just seems too crazy for a cp lol. Playing MK's on norfair is freaking rediculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom