• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey guys we are back in the swing of things first event is

SATURDAY OCTOBER 18th

Registration begins at 11:00am

Tournament begins at 1pm

Tournament Prices

Price - $5 Venue Fee
Price - $5 per person for 1v1
Price - $5 per person for 2v2

Prizes

1v1 + 2v2

Since these will be monthlies, I am adding a better incentive for these events. Based on turnout I will be paying up to 4th-5th places.

So for example if 30 or less attend it will be

1st – 65%
2nd – 25 %
3rd – 10%

If 40 – 50 attend it will be more like this

1st – 60%
2nd - 20%
3rd – 15%
4th – 5%

If 60 and over attend it will be

1st – 50%
2nd – 20
3rd – 15%
4th – 10%
5th – 5%

• 137 East 13th Street, Between 3rd and 4th Avenue, New York
• New York, 10003, United States of America
• Play N Trade / Union Square is conveniently located at 137 East 13th Street between 3rd and 4th Ave in Manhattan,just a short walk from the following subways (14th St/Union Square): 4 5 6 L N Q R W

Phone : (212) 674-0200

Opening Hours : 10am to 10pm Monday - Saturday, and 11am to 7pm on Sunday

INFORMATION

Rules for SSBB

Rules so far :

- 3 stock
- 7 minute time limit
- Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
- Double Elimination
- Items are OFF including smash ball

Doubles :

• Team attack ON
• Life stealing is allowed

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Norfair

Banned Stages:

*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 2 stages that will be banned from the tournament set. however, only one of the banned stages can be a neutral stage. (ex. yoshi's island and corneria makes a VALID ban. corneria and brinstar makes a VALID ban. yoshi's island and battlefield makes an INVALID ban.)

Stage Strike Rule:
If a stage is selected at random, each player / team can elect to reset the stage pick ONCE PER SET. the reset all must occur within 3 seconds of the start of the match.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.
• Excessive "stall" tactics are banned.
• Controller Mods are banned
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.

In case more than 64 people come, Singles seedings will be determined by pools – each player will be assigned to a pool, and each pool will play 2 Three (3) stock matches in a round robin. If a player wins a match, he must inform an official of how much stock he had remaining. Players will continue to play with each other until each player has played all of the other players in the pool twice. The lowest ranking players will be cut off from each pool, so much so until it meets the conditions of a 64-man bracket. All stages for pools are picked randomly, and all character selections will be double blind pick – both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterwards.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
First post! Of course I'll be there :D I'm always there friday's anyway :o

I forgot my info, oops XD

Name: Cris
Tag: JC
Email: angeltifa@gmail.com

Last edited:

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
Hey, I can't wait to get this bi weekly started.

Johnathan Millan
Jay0yeah
Jay0yeah@hotmail.com

Hopefully we can get sponsors to have guarentee money for our future smash events. Everyone that is attending please put down your information. Its optional but it will be cool if you guys(The Smash community) can do us that favor. See yaa then

Jay0yeah

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
This should probably be in Regional Zones and not here, lightxdream.

Also, you probably won't get a lot of the better players for your March 2nd event. Most of the players going to Cataclysm are leaving that Friday.

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
Hey guys, whats up! Friday is coming and I can't wait for this event. Hope to see some familiar faces @ the bi-weekly. Those who are attending and/or posted on this thread PLEASE post your information (Full name, gamer tag, email and zip code = VERY IMPORTANT). So that we can have sponsors give our gaming community (you guys) guarentee money for prizes. I will highly appreciate it and so will many other fellow smashers. See ya all then,

Jay0yeah

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Ya definitely post up your info. I will have a sheet ready if people come the day off to sign in.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
if ur not playing or attending casual friday you can watch for free. But do not abuse that cause thats od XD

Link-NY

Smash Ace
but i don't got the $ to attend >=(((( so no freindlies either? =(((. If i cant do anything then i might as well go and root for ace XD

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
If your coming to watch and not go to casual friday you can come for FREE....but...I extend this offer only if people respect me enough. For example...if I see 10 ppl playing friendles and not entering the tournament or Casual Friday but yet stay for most of the time...thats bad for me because it is unfair to customers...but, if its like 2-3 ppl plus their Gfs and chililng its fine...I do not mind it but do not take advantage you know...

^^ thats all dont be mean by nice and happy:)

This looks good see you all there and Link-NY I will alwasy love u :)

Link-NY

Smash Ace
If your coming to watch and not go to casual friday you can come for FREE....but...I extend this offer only if people respect me enough. For example...if I see 10 ppl playing friendles and not entering the tournament or Casual Friday but yet stay for most of the time...thats bad for me because it is unfair to customers...but, if its like 2-3 ppl plus their Gfs and chililng its fine...I do not mind it but do not take advantage you know...

^^ thats all dont be mean by nice and happy:)

This looks good see you all there and Link-NY I will alwasy love u :)
LOL! <3:heart:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Alright, just wanna say some shout-outs

Alex - For a first Biweekly, this thing ran great. Congrats man! ^^ I'm still burning someone's hat, though XD;; jk

JC - great matches. Despite you having some problems with Falcos, you've done pretty well ^^. It was too bad I couldn't face you on that day. Maybe next time, hmm?

Jayo - Though it was a ***** fighting you at the first round of winner's brackets, it was enjoyable XD. Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to give you a better challenge next time ^^

Jash - EPIC BATTLE! *dun dun dun!* XDD anyway, we had fun friendlies. And congrats on making it far ^^

Hoyo - so it was just as much of a ***** of me fighting you in Loser's bracket on the first round, it was just as enjoyable. XD You got a powerful marth. I'll be sure to practice up for our next battle

Ace Marth - Two words. ****ING.BEAST. LOL you really ***** me with that fox of yours. Considering you carried the **** shine wave all the way to the other side of the battle ground XD. still, nice match man.

DJ Nintendo - On that day, I was hoping to end the 4 stocking from you. Unfortunatly, that didn't happen XD

Everyone else - I'm glad everyone came to the Bi-weekly. it's been fun. Thanks guys! ^_^

-__-

Smash Ace
ummmm hi...it was fun and ummm yea I OWND da losers bracket o.o Jash nice mind game lol suks i fought JC first match i got dumb nervous lol hopefully i wont b next time ^_< DJ Nintendo dat pichu battle waz awesome lol it waz amazing gg evry1 and btw IT WAZ MY IDEA TO HAV WEEKLY TOURNAMENTS >.<

Starzonedge

Smash Ace
I really enjoyed this tournament. Small, fast, done! Some shoutouts:

• As always, nice playing with Killa Fleet, good practice.
  • Thanks for helping me get there, Kashan, and letting me know that there was even a bi-weekly tournament to begin with.
  • Funny money match, DJ Nintendo. ;3
  • Nice Mewtwo, Glitch, and nice Kirby, Jay0Yeah. Good ****.
  • Good matches with you, Jash, sorry I use Fox. :( Abuse the downsmash more and they won't give you as much trouble.
  • I must congratulate you Alex for the nicely run tournament. I was afraid it wouldn't finish by 11PM, when my ghey mom wants me home. :(
  • If I didn't mention you, I don't know your alias/real name, sorry.

Laters.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I had a blast yesterday! I'm probably coming to the next one after all, woot.

Johnathan - <3's for you, thanks for convincing me to join after all because I had so much fun. And thanks for having faith in me as always, it really does mean a lot to me :) You run tourny's A+++ that's my feedback haha.

Hoyo - I know you were having some down time there, but it's okay we'll kick *** in doubles next week right?! I want you to come, so please do. Marth/Peach team fo lyfe XD

Jash - Mr. Crazy-Go-Nuts young link. Wild matches man! I did much better against you this time then last time we fought. We're definately gonna have to fight again sometime soon!

Leo - I kinda felt you were a little nervous, I remember you saying you get that way sometimes. It happens to the best of us, and next time I promise to record matches for you hehe.

Rockin - Sorry I didn't get to fight you. But keep practicing man, I know you can do it!

Killafox - I'm glad I got to play you. I'm not sure I ever played you before, so that was cool :) I hope I get another chance sometime in the future.

JayO - I know you were busy helping Johnathan run the tournament, so I didn't get to play you. But it was nice seeing you again of course!

Benny - Thanks for helping me out hehe. I'm always rooting for you, trust me. You're a great person, and we'll be playing each other again soon. ^_^

Everyone else, sorry if I didn't mention ...but it was great seeing you all and such :D

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
had fun, didnt play much but got 9th at least, lol

shout out 2 u all n starzonedge 4 bein the horn!est fox i'll b at the top of my game next time i face u

anyways ur all fat n i love u all (not really but yes i do)

killafox

Smash Lord
bronx, ny (im up for any competition, so if u wann
yo, GGs everyone.

1st place isnt bad i guess lol. shout outs...

johnathan (alex) - GJ man, always great seeing u, thanx for always being there. c-ya soon.

crismas - Nice playing u, i underestimated u...hope to play u again. im picking falco though lol.

ace marth - wow, u beasted, thank god we decided not to fight each other cuz u woulda ***** me lol....wait, why am i doin this, u live wit me.

jayO - its always great seeing u man, keep it up wit that kirby, thank god i di have to play u though.

STARZ - GGs man...that fox is SO annoying though lol. still GGs. hope to fight u again soon.

everyone im forgetting, sorry, im way too tired...until next time.

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
shoutouts........

KillaBox- Why? we should've played just to show everyone the fight they wanted to see.

JayO- i wanted to fight u lol. u had an off day though. next week u'll **** though.

Starz- Good **** on gettin third. at least u get free entrance next week lol. hope to play u again.

Jash- wat happend i though i was gonna face u in finals. too bad u suck lol j/k <3 u.

alex- good tourny. this is just the beginning.

glitch- ur so gay that i love u. u still *****.

grey fox and kashan- it was good fightin ya. keep playin and reppin BK. bring D1 next time.

crismas- Good ****. never played u but good job anyway lol.

rockin- sorry i did that to u lol. i was just into the match lol.

everyone else i didnt mention GG's. i kno i havent mentioned a couple of ppl but thats cuz i just woke up after sleepin 22hrs. GG's to all. me and killa will be back to **** the 2v2's lol.

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
I'll stop by next week....give killabox a challenge that guy is tooo good he won the biweekly :) and wife wants to face him....all I remember from last time I saw him

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
props to everyone especially KF for making this event madd fun.

special shout outs

killa fox- thanks for the lil tips as always its always nice to hear words of encouragement.

jash- nice *** young link. i thought my fox had u in losers but i cracked under the pressure next time ill stick with my main if u don trape him as bad again :)

jay0- solid kirby we need to play some time. way to counter pick a gay stage and almost send me to losers.

hoyo- maybe next time we play ull be on top of ur game.

alex- umm u should post up results and keep it updated like on the TSA thread. nice organization. oh and 5th is placin ***** i get in free next time!!

as long as KF keeps going to these bi weeklys its going to be good.

GGs to everyone I played.

I didnt realize pichu dttos were almost as cool as marth dittos. well it does come in second place then.

Top Bottom