• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Spire and Weavel are Hunters from Metroid Prime: Hunters, and Shy Guy Toy Box was where an entire Chapter was set in the original Paper Mario. Hope that helped :).

-- Andy

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Another notice, he also said this to somebody who called out to him in a topic on the gamefaqs boards:

rapscouter
Posted 1/20/2008 2:24:19 PM
message detail There are NOT 35 characters.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
THAT WAS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE CHAPTER? I LOVE THAT CHAPTER!

...Ahem. Sorry, I really like that chapter, it makes sense. He's still fake though, it's stupid nonsense.
lol, I liked that too. I think I enjoyed the Boo's Mansion chapter better, the one with the fat guy, I forget his name, Clubba or Blubba or something like that?

Anyway, on topic: When MarkMan says Wolf/Falco/Krystal are confirmed, does he mean all of them? FOUR starfox reps? And only one metroid? Nuh-uh.

MarkMan

Smash Rookie
I never said anything about Krystal, I don't know what you're referring to...

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Another notice, he also said this to somebody who called out to him in a topic on the gamefaqs boards:

rapscouter

One of the prophets, PORTRAITofRUIN, is also in the thread, attempting to call a bluff on rapscouter. =P

Source: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40896757

EDIT: Sorry for the post on the same info. =P

Frogla

Smash Ace
lol, I liked that too. I think I enjoyed the Boo's Mansion chapter better, the one with the fat guy, I forget his name, Clubba or Blubba or something like that?

Anyway, on topic: When MarkMan says Wolf/Falco/Krystal are confirmed, does he mean all of them? FOUR starfox reps? And only one metroid? Nuh-uh.
Clubbla Blubbla was his name.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
I dont see how there isn't any new females.... Wolf over Krystal doesn't make much sense. [Based on the polls and moveset]

And Ridley was a popular demand

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
There could easily be 3 Starfox and 1 Metroid Rep. They aren't going to cut the number of characters in a series to play the fairsy game, they're going to include whoever they see fit. While I'm sure they want to represent veteran series more, nothing's stopping them from adding new content in one and not another. It doesn't exactly harm anything, its all new stuff, that's positive detail.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
THAT WAS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE CHAPTER? I LOVE THAT CHAPTER!

...Ahem. Sorry, I really like that chapter, it makes sense. He's still fake though, it's stupid nonsense.
Haha I liked that world, it just seemed to be the most repetitive ^^' go into box, fight some enemies, come out. It was all the same x.x just endless coloured blocks. Maybe it's because I thought I had to complete that slot machine to get past, I don't know haha.

And Tubba Blubba is a LEGEND! I love that guy haha.

As for Star Fox, I'd be VERY pleased with Fox, Falco and Wolf. Metroid? Ridley.. no thank you, as much as he rocks. His role should be in Subspace I say haha. Another Hunter/Dark Samus.. I'd prefer one of those.

-- Andy

Hejiru

Smash Ace
This is my GUESS:

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Kirby
4. Pikachu
5. Fox
6. Samus/ZSS
7. Yoshi
8. Donkey Kong
9. Bowser
10. Peach
11. Zelda/Sheik
12. Ice Climbers
13. Pit
14. Wario
15. Meta Knight
16. Snake
17. Ike
18. Diddy Kong
19. Lucas
20. Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard)
21. Sonic
22. King Dedede
23. Pikmin & Olimar
24. ? (Luigi)
25. ? (Capt. Falcon)
26. ? (Ganondorf)
27. ? (WW Link)
28. ? (Lucario)
29. ? (Jigglypuff)
30. ? (Ness)
31. ? (Marth)
32. ? (Mr. Game & Watch)
33. ? (Krystal or Wolf)
34. ? (AC rep)
35. ? (another series? or WTF?)

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Another post from rapscouter in the thread mentioned earlier:

rapscouter
Posted 1/20/2008 2:31:53 PM
message detail Just because I told you there are not 35 characters, that doesn't mean that there are 48.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I never said anything about Krystal, I don't know what you're referring to...
Oh god, there are four playable Star Fox characters in this roster!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sakurai you prick! You neglect Metroid, let me guess, Fire Emblem lost two representatives (Marth and Roy). Fire Emblem better have two playable characters.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
Ohnoes my favorite characters aren't in the game, it's obviously gonna suck

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Another Rapscouter post:

rapscouter
Posted 1/20/2008 2:50:11 PM
message detail Alright I will tell you if Isaac's playable, but as always I want you to use your heads, 3 bits of info 1 lie.

Isaac is playable.

K. Rool is in Subspace Emissary. (that does not mean he is limited to Subspace Emissary)

A level based off of Kaptain K. Rool's ship is in Brawl.

but here is one truth for you.

There are not 35 playable characters.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Wolf over Krystal doesn't make much sense. [Based on the polls and moveset]
Wolf is more popular, the Wolf fans however are not insane and posting like mad "Wolf for Brawl" everywhere, also the games where Krystal has appeared are not really fan-favorites.

But if Ridley is not playable... well... ****.

Edit:

33. ? (Krystal or Wolf)
Marksman said no Krystal, wolf yes.

Agosta44

Smash Ace

rapscouter
Yeah I'm the one calling him out, and he's ******* me around about Isaac being playable

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40896757&page=1

Alright I will tell you if Isaac's playable, but as always I want you to use your heads, 3 bits of info 1 lie.

Isaac is playable.

K. Rool is in Subspace Emissary. (that does not mean he is limited to Subspace Emissary)

A level based off of Kaptain K. Rool's ship is in Brawl.

but here is one truth for you.

There are not 35 playable characters.
Oh snap, I can smell a conflict!

Also, am I the only one who thinks Rapscouter is a failure entirely on the premise that the Smash Community will NEVER be able to use their heads to come to a single conclusion with any of these stupid lie clusters, anyway?

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
I officially declare that rapscouter is full of it.
I declared that about a week ago, when I showed that between 36% and 46% of each of his clusters had to be debunked to debunk him, by his rules. He's being vague and put enough padding in that he can spin it so he was right no matter what the outcome.

PkunkFury

Smash Cadet
Also, am I the only one who thinks Rapscouter is a failure entirely on the premise that the Smash Community will NEVER be able to use their heads to come to a single conclusion with any of these stupid lie clusters, anyway?
That's why he does it, it's kind of embarassing

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
42 chars in Brawl is what I say..
Krystal, Lucario, Sukapon, Isaac and Geno are part of it..

Third Party: Bandai-Namco...

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
Lol @ some of your logic

You can't just declare someone fake. We can't declare someone real. ...at least not until an official leak. You can believe someone's fake or real, but nothing more.

I like to believe Rapscouter is telling the truth. Maybe because I'm in denial over a 35-character roster, but I think the whole 3 lies thing is brilliant. If someone really looked at the info Rapscouter posted and dissected it thoroughly, we'd find his lies. That's what I'll do.

The whole reason he did the lies (if he's telling the truth) is so he could enjoy everyone "deconfirming" him.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
Ohnoes my favorite characters aren't in the game, it's obviously gonna suck

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
... Wow I am so out of the loop. I never knew Namco merged with Bandai haha. It's like Square Enix all over again x.x. I wonder what it would have been like if it was Namco Capcom O.O.

Anyway, good old fakers. I'm still incessant on reading them >.> they're quite addictive. I'm hoping for a Golden Sun reference at least, but hey. We'll get what we're given, hmm? :)

-- Andy

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
How vague can you get, unless there's a documentary playing in the background =/

There were bosses in Donkey Kong other than King K Rool?

Who's Spire, and why isn't Weavel a Pokeball release?

*Thats not really vague

*Uh yeah. I see you must be pretty young then. King K Rool is the last boss. In Mario you don't fight bowser every level do you? There were bosses like the giant armadillo, the giant bee, the giant vulture (necky), the dumb drum, the giant beaver, the lava crocodile, and a host of other bosses. Im even pretty sure there was a ghost boss somewhere in there.

* Weavel is also a hunter from Metroid hunters. cmon man you should know this! http://metroid.neoseeker.com/images/uploads/unknown_bounty_hunter_3.jpg

Anyway there was some other stuff I wanted to address but im too lazy.

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
*Thats not really vague
How is it not vague? Does it mean it'll talk about how they used to be a card company? Will it scroll through each major franchise? Will it just evolve graphics from NES (or arcade) to Wii? There's so much this could mean, it's the definition of vague.

*Uh yeah. I see you must be pretty young then. King K Rool is the last boss. In Mario you don't fight bowser every level do you? There were bosses like the giant armadillo, the giant bee, the giant vulture (necky), the dumb drum, the giant beaver, the lava crocodile, and a host of other bosses. Im even pretty sure there was a ghost boss somewhere in there.
21, but I don't count bosses unless they actually matter. Giant <insert animal here> is not a real boss. And actually, didn't you fight Bowser every level in Mario 1?

* Weavel is also a hunter from Metroid hunters. cmon man you should know this! http://metroid.neoseeker.com/images/uploads/unknown_bounty_hunter_3.jpg
Why should I know this, I don't play Metroid games. Good to have an image reference though, thank you.

Anyway there was some other stuff I wanted to address but im too lazy.
I still find rapscouter to be full of it. It's one thing to have 1 lie in a cluster of 10, but 3 lies in a cluster of 10 combined with either vague references or things that can't be debunked until the game comes out (at which point who cares what rapscouter said), makes him null in my book.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
MarkMan please answer my PMs, also, please be clear about Krystal.

Also to PkunkFury, I sent you a PM of NeoGAF please read and do as the PM says.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
I find it quite interesting that not many, if any, of these leakers has listed Midna as a playable character. Not that I'm sure of her being playable, I just remember an interview. I don't remember with whom, could have been Aonuma, but an interview where he says that one new character from TP will be playable in Brawl. It was not long before TP was released, well the question remains why hasn't any of these leakers stated that? Well it could be because of three explanations:

1. The leakers are fake. (Which I hope)

2. Aonuma was wrong (If it was him in the interview)

3. My memory fails me. Aonuma perhaps didn't say playable, but instead meant that one new character in TP would be in Brawl in some form. If this is true then it probably means an AT.

Well, I don't know if this added anything to the speculation, but I certainly hope that these leakers are fake. I mean 35 may not be a bad number, but many of my favorites would probably be left out. Sakurai have also said that he wants more female characters playable, then why won't he add some? I mean Krystal, Midna and Micaiah should he at least be considering.
could you find a link for that?

MarkMan

Smash Rookie
MarkMan please answer my PMs, also, please be clear about Krystal.

Also to PkunkFury, I sent you a PM of NeoGAF please read and do as the PM says.
Sorry, not gonna answer anymore PMs on here or GAF. Too many ppl asking things I'm not going to answer.

And I only mentioned Krystal in my one reply because someone claimed that I said something about her, when I never did.

So that's that.

Sorry if it wasn't clear.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
How is it not vague? Does it mean it'll talk about how they used to be a card company? Will it scroll through each major franchise? Will it just evolve graphics from NES (or arcade) to Wii? There's so much this could mean, it's the definition of vague.

21, but I don't count bosses unless they actually matter. Giant <insert animal here> is not a real boss. And actually, didn't you fight Bowser every level in Mario 1?

Why should I know this, I don't play Metroid games. Good to have an image reference though, thank you.

I still find rapscouter to be full of it. It's one thing to have 1 lie in a cluster of 10, but 3 lies in a cluster of 10 combined with either vague references or things that can't be debunked until the game comes out (at which point who cares what rapscouter said), makes him null in my book.
*If I told you to watch a youtube video that was a tribute to Nintendo how is that vague? You know what to expect. Most likely a video going through the history and successes of Nintendo. Of course translated to a stage is a little different. When I, and Im sure every other member, read that we all thought of a stage that evolves to show different Nintendo titles/characters/products. The only question is HOW will they do it if true.

Really its not vague. Its like saying Im going to go play baseball. Yeah, I could be playing it about 8 different ways but you know the general idea of what Im doing. You can definitely say what Im NOT doing, like running for president or skydiving.

*Uh yeah, these bosses actually mattered. I dont think you're familiar with the game then. At the end of each world "was a main boss". Each one of these bosses held a portion of Donkey Kong's stolen banana hoard. After beating all these bosses, King K Rools ship would open up. And with Mario I was referring to SMG or something along the lines of the new 3d platformer type games. But anyway bad example. Take Super Metroid/Prime for example then. Thats the kinda how way DKC was set up.

*I dont believe rapscouter either. To tell you the truth at this point, I only believe the dragoon guy. But at least make sure your conclusion to "why he is full of it" is a legitimate argument...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom