• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please close

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Serebii for the third confirmation?

I think a lot of fans will be bummed by that ROB, Lucario, and Wolf are the only new newcomers. It'll be an amazing game regardless of the roster, but I'll admit I'm bummed that characters like Krystal, Ridley and Geno, all three characters with HUGE support behind them, won't be playable.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . ..Awww dam* it, no new females. Really, do we need 2 Links. . . at the end of the day they are both Link!

Oh well. . . I just hope that they somehow made it so that neither Wolf nor Falco is a clone of Fox seeing how Krystal is gone-like-the-wind (I wonder, by some twisted sense of humor, if one of them has Krystal's staff? I mean, he did that with Luc and Ness and even Zelda. . .whats stopping him from taking her weapon to make one of them more unique?)

. . .Aww crap, now my cold insides have turned to the dark side, thinking they would be crazy enuff to give her staff to one of them. Hopefuly Lucario is updated tonight seeing how they updated that Wii.com vid to show his lil Mew2-slot-taking face. Yea, I don't like the thing, but I need to have something big happen tonight.

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
lol you belive them because they said Ness, Pummeluff and Lucario?
They just said what everybody wanted to hear and the chance, that they would be right was really high ... and come on ... R.O.B.? He is a normal enemy in the Subspace! Why not Koopa or Goomba?

Black/Light

Smash Master
lol you belive them because they said Ness, Pummeluff and Lucario?
They just said what everybody wanted to hear and the chance, that they would be right was really high ... and come on ... R.O.B.? He is a normal enemy in the Subspace! Why not Koopa or Goomba?
Read from page 22 to here to see why they are creditable. Each one has leaked major info on games and have a history of doing soo on Neo. They are each about as creditable as Serebii. . . maybe even more do to them doing more than one game's serie's leaks.

All the thinks are adding up now. . .

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Correct.

Right now ANY hope of a female new comer lays in this R.O.B thing being fake (really, I have no reason to because Shadow or diss-believe him but he is the only one to NOT have something come true cause R.O.B is all he said so. . .) and Krystal/ Midna or some wtf character like Lip being a PC.

. . . I feel . . . cold inside :ohwell:
Too bad that it isn't. Talk about awful. No new female characters (what the hell?), R.O.B. as a playable character, none of the characters that I was hoping for....

I feel the same way.

I don't understand at all how there wouldn't be a new female..
Neither do I.

Sing it, sister brother. Fixed. No hard feelings.

R.O.B. ****ing R.O.B.

So we're clear...

Ridley, Geno, Isaac, Krystal, Sukapon, Claus, Mega Man or any other 3rd party, Vaati, Bowser Jr., King K. Rool, Skull Kid, and literally dozens of other fan favorites...

And they give us R.O.B. A ****ing novelty piece of crap solely included for WTF value who IS A REGULAR FREAKING ENEMY, instead of the dozens of great characters. Link has three versions of himself in the course of the series and Metroid only has one rep (while Star Fox has 3?) Animal Crossing items, AT's, music, and a stage and no rep.

AND THE GIANTS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL

...today was a bad day.
Yep. Just about as awful as they come. Kinda makes you wonder if it was really worth it for something so minimal. I am thoroughly displeased and unsatisfied with this result.

(To be frank, I couldn't care less about football, but I agree wholeheartedly about your final statement.)

Today was undoubtedly a bad day--the worst day. January 21st, 2008: A day which will live in infamy.

ROB could have a really cool moveset folks. I'm interested to see what they do with him.

All that upsets me about the list is Ness...

He's Lucas with a hat

and Falco/Fox/Wolf...

Please tell me none of them play the same
Yeah, Ness and three StarFox reps are kind of killer. Claus would have been a MUCH better choice than Ness, and it's sad to see StarFox stuff the roster full of its blandness when franchises like Metroid and--yeah, I'll say it--Animal Crossing are forsaken. It's just boring.

The roster makes me :(. Like, seriously, what the hell sakurai? We have a million of mini games in it and this is our roster?
It makes me :mad: and :(. I hate parts of it (Ness, R.O.B., three SF reps) and parts of it make me sad (no Claus, no Sukapon / Takamaru / Midna, no new Metroid, no AC rep). With all the time and energy put into this game (not to mention the hype!), it's a wonder that we don't have more characters--and more of a variety, at that.

. . ..Awww dam* it, no new females. Really, do we need 2 Links. . . at the end of the day they are both Link!

Oh well. . . I just hope that they somehow made it so that neither Wolf nor Falco is a clone of Fox seeing how Krystal is gone-like-the-wind (I wonder, by some twisted sense of humor, if one of them has Krystal's staff? I mean, he did that with Luc and Ness and even Zelda. . .whats stopping him from taking her weapon to make one of them more unique?)

. . .Aww crap, now my cold insides have turned to the dark side, thinking they would be crazy enuff to give her staff to one of them. Hopefuly Lucario is updated tonight seeing how they updated that Wii.com vid to show his lil Mew2-slot-taking face. Yea, I don't like the thing, but I need to have something big happen tonight.
We don't need two Links, but some people (Fawriel) will be gleeful until the end of time with this news. Honestly, there's no way that Falco and Wolf could both be original characters. I'm guessing that we'll get one clone (yawn...) and one semi-original. There's only so much you could do with these guys. Frankly--Krystal's fans notwithstanding--I would have much preferred her to be in Brawl.

I honestly don't care what the DOJO does tonight, or tomorrow, and so on. For me, the game has taken a huge hit. I can't say that it's been ruined, but my interest has waned greatly.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
If this is the roster, I'm sticking to melee. Melee had a better roster. Call me ungrateful, but this really sux like hell.

PkunkFury

Smash Cadet
If this is the roster, I'm sticking to melee. Melee had a better roster. Call me ungrateful, but this really sux like hell.
would you like some cheese with your whine?

It's practically the same roster plus 12 characters, plus some of the returners will probably be de-cloned.

Are you going to miss MewTwo, Pichu, Doc, and Roy that much??

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
This roster practically killed all my hype for the game. After all, the roster is the ONLY REASON most people even buy the game, and to have one this small is stupid. I hope to GOD this isn't real.

If the most anticipated portion of the game is like this, imagine things like SSE!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
This roster practically killed all my hype for the game. After all, the roster is the ONLY REASON most people even buy the game, and to have one this small is stupid. I hope to GOD this isn't real.

If the most anticipated portion of the game is like this, imagine things like SSE!
Yep. My enthusiasm is gone.

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
I see when it comes out. The roster isn't that bad though..

I loved to see Sukapon...

But Krystal > Wolf..

Metroid > SF

And where is the ****ing 3th thirdparty?

EDIT:

And you guys are very pathetic..

U have to think about the space they had..

They need Wifi etc also on the disc.. I am happy.. with it.

First 8. Then 25.. now 38?

Well I am happy about it =D.

And R.O.B in Brawl. Did not expect him after he had been confirmed as an enemy...

Ah well it's the same with Melee..
First everyone hated it.. and then they loved it..

Maybe this wat was leaked not the full one.. It still lacks a Third Party (Maybe 2?)

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
This roster is certainly disappointing. Though signs seem to indicate it's correct, I'm still skeptical. Perhaps there are still some surprises left to seen.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah, that strikes me as odd and out of Sakurai's style to add him as a PC and generic enemy.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So what happened while I was sleeping? I heard my roster got confirmed or something.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
I'm annoyed. At the roster? No. I expected as much. I'm just annoyed at some of these reactions.

Let me just put this in perspective. We got Solid Snake(which was a STRETCH), MetaKnight, Dedede(a Highly requested character), Pokemon Trainer(Which is practically 3 different chars), Olimar, Friggen SONIC(who was ALSO a stretch REGARDLESS of how anticipated he was, and was also the most ANTICIPATED CHARACTER IN THE GAME), Pit, Wario(who was also fairly requested), Ike(who's mechanics differ from Marth and Roy's), and almost every popular veteran san like, what... 2?

If you were honestly going to get the game in the first place, but, just because Ridley isn't in it, you decide that it's not worth it... I'm sorry, but that's childish. It's dumb. The roster is fine, they've not only matched Melee's original number without resorting the clones(and I'm talking about the 25 characters revealed so far, not the Falco, Wolf and Ness fest...) AND given you a speculated 240 hour adventure mode. Are you honestly going to tell me, because of one small ****ing thing like Megaman not being confirmed, you're going to throw away all the positive things you've felt about this game and pretend they never existed?

That's BULL ****. People are overreacting(and yes, I can see the reply to this post being "IRONY" but none the less) at this thing. It's a decent, if not Good or GREAT roster. And even if it is a disappointment's, so what? Did you get into this game, solely on the basis of speculation that a character that hadn't even been announced yet would be included?

So you decided you'd buy Smash Bros Brawl, JUST BECAUSE of a rumor that Krystal was gonna be included. She wasn't ANNOUNCED, she wasn't CONFIRMED, she was only speculated upon. And now after the almost year and a half wait for the game it finally comes and you've been praising these features like Online, and SSE, and Stage builder, and all that-- Krystal isn't announced, and so all of those other features don't matter? In fact, Krystal not being announced makes this roster SO friggen bad, you're going to go back to MELEE, which had a roster nearly FILLED to the brim with CLONES. Really? Are we that shallow?

Whatever. I don't mean to offend anyone(though some will take it that way regardless), it's just ludicrous to me how this list is so terrible. It seems fine to me.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I certainly didn't want to wake up to ROB as playable :(

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Wolf? over Krystal is strange too. Sakurai was drunk when he made this roster.

Although it not any more shocking than Melee's was.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Hey somebody contact Reno and ask him to confirm this roster I figured out:

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Kirby
4. Pikachu
5. Fox
6. Samus/ZSS
7. Yoshi
8. Donkey Kong
9. Peach
10. Bowser
11. Zelda/Sheik
12. Ice Climbers
13. Pit
14. Meta Knight
15. Wario
16. Ike
17. Diddy Kong
18. Lucas
19. Pikmin & Olimar
20. King Dedede
21. Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard)
22. Snake
23. Sonic
24. Luigi
25. Ganondorf
26. Capt. Falcon
27. Wolf
28. Falco
29. WW Link
30. Ness
31. Jigglypuff
32. Lucario
33. Marth