• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
These guys never gave a full roster, just a few confirmations and deconfirmations. 23 on the DOJO, +12 others = 35.

1. WW Link
2. Wolf
3. Falco
4. Ness
5. G&W

I specualte:

6. Jigglypuff (because the other origianl 12 were there)
7. Luigi (duh)
8. Ganondorf (duh)
9. Capt. Falcon (duh)
10. Another FE rep (Marth?)
11. The Icon#19 series rep.
12. Another one, maybe Lucario, Geno, or AC rep.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
They aren't official confirmations or deconfirmations though. They're just "prophecies" like everybody else. =O

Boofer

Smash Ace
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40902109

This guy claims to have debunked Portrait, Markman, Nysa, and all other people claiming a 35 roster.

His basis? The emblem theory. He writes about emblem 13 being G&W, and supposedly based upon these "leaker's" information there is no newcomer to represent the unknown emblem number 19.

That "19" is supposed to be a brand new franchise he says. The only problem I can see? The DS emblem might not have a rep and some think its possible for a stage to get an emblem without a rep.

Honestly though I doubt a stage would have an emblem without a rep. So Im going to hold out on this 35 roster thing until the Japanese release. You can never be too sure about these things.

I mean, if that was the case then why would they put LONE stage reps in between character reps. Its obvious the DOJO ordered it for a purpose. It goes 64 vets, melee newcomers, brawl newcomers. I highly doubt a stage emblem alone would be placed before someone like Olimar and Sonic.

What do you guys think?
Honestly, there will probably be stages without reps (AC and Pictochat), but 19 will probably not be one of them. R.O.B. could easily rep icon 19 and it would not contradict any prophets.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
*FACEPALM*

God, why haven't I thought of this earlier.....

*SEREBII SIGNAL*

Where the hell is he when you need him

YSM

Smash Apprentice
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40902109

This guy claims to have debunked Portrait, Markman, Nysa, and all other people claiming a 35 roster.

His basis? The emblem theory. He writes about emblem 13 being G&W, and supposedly based upon these "leaker's" information there is no newcomer to represent the unknown emblem number 19.

That "19" is supposed to be a brand new franchise he says. The only problem I can see? The DS emblem might not have a rep and some think its possible for a stage to get an emblem without a rep.

Honestly though I doubt a stage would have an emblem without a rep. So Im going to hold out on this 35 roster thing until the Japanese release. You can never be too sure about these things.

I mean, if that was the case then why would they put LONE stage reps in between character reps. Its obvious the DOJO ordered it for a purpose. It goes 64 vets, melee newcomers, brawl newcomers. I highly doubt a stage emblem alone would be placed before someone like Olimar and Sonic.

What do you guys think?
Geno MIGHT have an alt icon, though he'd probably have the Mario icon. If ROB is playable, which I highly doubt, he might have his own. Mii would probably have its own also. Or any WTF character.

Oh, and who's up for renaming this game to Super Star Fox Bros?

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
...is it just me, or is this basically Korobooshi all over again, except with Titania replaced with Sheeda and Micaiah and a few of the other dumber claims (Slime, Mii, Balloon Fighter, etc) cut out to make it seem more believable?

Zevox
Stanley and Wart make it DEFINITELY not believable (why would people list Stanley under the Mario franchise when he is from Donkey Kong 3?).

platnum

Smash Lord
My roster prediction:
note:confirmed chars not listed.

vets:
Luigi
Captain falcon
jiggs
Mewtwo
ganondorf
Ness

newcomers:
Isaac
Black knight
K-rool
Black shadow
Lucario
Krystal
Sukapon(WTF)
Geno
Ridley
Wolf
Claus
Micaiha(cant spell her name)
WW link

Third party:
Moogle(choco/mog FS)
Knuckles

Cut:
Falco(AT)
Pichu(poke Ball)
GaW(AT)
Doc(gone)
marth(trophy)
Roy(replaced by ike)
Y link(replaced by WW)

and thats my prediction.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
*FACEPALM*

*SEREBII SIGNAL*

This is looking pretty sharp, and likely he's not commenting for a good reason. Something happened very specific in the past couple days that brought up flags with a ton of trusted informants.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't Balloon Fighter hidden within Melee? Not unlockable by any means, but with an Action Replay you could find him? Anyone have info on that?

Don't be so quick to dismiss Balloon Fighter, as much as you (and I) wouldn't want to see him there.

Korobooshi

Smash Rookie
Balloon Fighter was rumoured to be an early canidate, like Lucas and DeDeDe.

Also, he had a newly 3D model in Melee's Trophy like Pit, as did...yup, STANLEY THE BUGMAN! (which I see other people probably are adding to lists since it's not as crazy as people thought).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wasn't Balloon Fighter hidden within Melee? Not unlockable by any means, but with an Action Replay you could find him? Anyone have info on that?

Don't be so quick to dismiss Balloon Fighter, as much as you (and I) wouldn't want to see him there.
No, that is false

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
*FACEPALM*

*SEREBII SIGNAL*

Yeah, no kidding...it's roughly 2:30 over there, though. We'll have to wait maybe another 6 hours. :ohwell:

Honestly, there will probably be stages without reps (AC and Pictochat), but 19 will probably not be one of them. R.O.B. could easily rep icon 19 and it would not contradict any prophets.
Ah, but wouldn't it be wonderful if the infamous Icon Theory (or some derivative of it) was the one that debunked these latest, minimalist "leakers?"

(Haha, sounds like there's been this series of movements of prophet / leaker history: the Fantasy Artists, the Pessimists, the Pseudo-Realists, the Expansionists, the Minimalists, etc.) :chuckle:

Oh, and who's up for renaming this game to Super Star Fox Bros?
Might as well. :ohwell: There's NO way that if Fox, Falco, and Wolf are the reps that we could be getting all original characters / movesets among the three.

My roster prediction:
note:confirmed chars not listed.

vets:
Luigi
Captain falcon
jiggs
Mewtwo
ganondorf
Ness

newcomers:
Isaac
Black knight
K-rool
Black shadow
Lucario
Krystal
Sukapon(WTF)
Geno
Ridley
Wolf
Claus
Micaiha(cant spell her name)
WW link

Third party:
Moogle(choco/mog FS)
Knuckles

Cut:
Falco(AT)
Pichu(poke Ball)
GaW(AT)
Doc(gone)
marth(trophy)
Roy(replaced by ike)
Y link(replaced by WW)

and thats my prediction.
If only. :ohwell: I'm sure a good chunk of those "Cut" characters will be back--much to my chagrin. Good picks with Claus and Sukapon, though.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Why is R.O.B. confirmed???? Somebody said the dojo showed ROB was possibly playable, What is everyone talking about ROB?

Eternal Neo

Smash Apprentice
Why is R.O.B. confirmed???? Somebody said the dojo showed ROB was possibly playable, What is everyone talking about ROB?
The dojo shows ROB in SSE. I dunno but that makes me think that he's probably less likely to be playable. None of the leakers with credibility have said anything about ROB.

Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on? Why is everybody so certain that'll there'll only be 35 characters, and 3 newcomers?

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on? Why is everybody so certain that'll there'll only be 35 characters, and 3 newcomers?
A bunch of credible people have recently said there will be 35 chars. total.

I don't know where people got the idea there were only 3 newcomers left out of the 12 unconfirmed.

Blue_Kirby

Smash Rookie
Well it's an interesting development and I can't say I'm all togeather pleased with this prospect. If only because of how the newcomer/vetran thing plays out.

That being said my dissapointment on the whole Star Fox situation has died down. As well as the lack of other characters like Issac.

I'm just a little perplexed at the fact that Sakurai would have two potential clones of one character in the game over one with moveset potential. Though I also understand that Krystal is a like her or loathe her character so I'll accept it.

I also am not one to completely sold on it so I'm going to be hoping for the truth to come quickly.

Though it certainly is interesting how all this is starting to go down now with 11 days to go. Next weekend is going to be ceratiny hellish if anything.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
WELL, there's a few ways to look at this.

1. Olimar was the determining "valid" factor. NyaseNya called him and a move, and she was right. She called some other things to support her. Other leakers made NO mention of Olimar, Pikmin, etc.
2. Rapscouter has been confirmed to be a legitimate leaker for Pokemon games, and so leaking for Brawl is NOT farfetched. Furthermore, the three lies may be a means to say to Nintendo "oh, I wasn't leaking it for real!"
3. Cynically speaking, 35 is still a lot of characters AND we did get Pit, Wario, Meta Knight, Diddy, Trainer, etc. We HAVE our WTF and most wanted characters.
4. The lack of Geno, Takamaru, Krystal, and Ridley does hurt the roster a LOT for MANY people, considering they were also highly requested fan favorites. That said, there is no logical reason for a franchise to LOSE representation between games.
5. A starting roster of 20-ish characters implies a beefy selection of secret characters and there ARE guaranteed surprises amidst them.
6. Melee had 11 unlockables of which only 3 were original movesets, two were veterans, and 6 were clones. So adding only three more novel characters amidst the secrets isn't that far from Melee's standards.

Ultimately, we just need to be patient. It's difficult as all hell, but a few more days. It HAS to leak soon.. Hong Kong must have it by the end of the week, and whatever happened to those lucky players who were getting early copies in Japan or something?

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
I've been monitoring it all carefully. Someone named MarkMan who has leaked information in the past says 35 characters. A woman named PortraitofRuin known for Castlevania leaks started parading around gamefaqs echoing him basically. Because these lines up with NyaseNya's ancient claims, and then another reputable source named Reno heeded the call. there's absolute terror and drama everywhere, especially after he said no Ridley.

What more than likely happened is some central hub linking these people raised a red flag for 35 characters, because only two of them are actually affiliated, MarkMan and Reno. NyaseNya is possibly coincidental, but adds fuel to the fire, and the confirmation of ChaosZero with Wolf and Lucario with no Mewtwo is creating some kind of Smash Religion.

I'm personally doubting because as always, no solid detail made its way public. Somebody on the inside important seems to have said something, but if there were any pictures or videos, these people have had no trouble with that in the past. Of course, 35 characters is a very reasonable sum after a bit of a reality check, but I still think there's a bit more to it than that.

Charzonsos

Smash Cadet
Why believe these people. Leaked correctly in the past? Last time I checked past doesn't equal present. I don't care how famous Markwhatever is. He hasn't showed any pics. Why believe him. With no pics, he is as believable as Rapscouter. We have seen no real photos so why believe any of them? Sure everyone is posting 35 characters, so it must be right. Why? Just because four people you never seen said so? Why? This getting plum loony. We got 13 new characters last time, we already have 12, I say we have at least 7 or so more new characters. Probally get 20-22 veterns (Most surely to get axed: Pichu, Roy, Dr. Mario, and Y. Link (replaced by WW Link or someone else)/ Ness is either way). A roster of 40 would be perfect to me. 35, leaves to many deserving characters out in the dust.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I've been monitoring it all carefully. Someone named MarkMan who has leaked information in the past says 35 characters. A woman named PortraitofRuin known for Castlevania leaks started parading around gamefaqs echoing him basically. Because these lines up with NyaseNya's ancient claims, and then another reputable source named Reno heeded the call. there's absolute terror and drama everywhere, especially after he said no Ridley.

What more than likely happened is some central hub linking these people raised a red flag for 35 characters, because only two of them are actually affiliated, MarkMan and Reno. NyaseNya is possibly coincidental, but adds fuel to the fire, and the confirmation of ChaosZero with Wolf and Lucario with no Mewtwo is creating some kind of Smash Religion.

I'm personally doubting because as always, no solid detail made its way public. Somebody on the inside important seems to have said something, but if there were any pictures or videos, these people have had no trouble with that in the past. Of course, 35 characters is a very reasonable sum after a bit of a reality check, but I still think there's a bit more to it than that.

Also, according to these guys:

#1-23: The characters on the dojo

24. Falco (Markman says Wolf and Falco are in)
25. Wolf (Markman says Wolf and Falco are in)
26. WW Link (Nya and PoR said was in)
27. Ness (Nya said)
28. Game&Watch (Nya said)
29. Luigi (duh)
30. Ganondorf (duh)
31. Capt. Falcon (duh)
32. Jigglypuff (The rest of the original 12 are in)
33. Marth (Another FE rep, makes more sense than Roy)
34. There is another series left that will be in Brawl that is unrevealed. (#19)
35. Unknown (Lucario/Geno/AC rep?)

YSM

Smash Apprentice
It's extremely unlikely that pics will be leaked, at least not yet. Nintendo is obviously very strict on this stuff, and I'm sure they're VERY strict on picture taking.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well R.O.B. is in...in that form. =/

Also, Nyase actually got Olimar's move wrong, if we are to only go by special moves. She said he had a pikmin whip as a attack. Now the Pikmin Chain is neither a whip, nor a attack, so unless he has a special move with it, then she was wrong. >_>

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Lucario = Antropomorfic Fox?

If anything he would be an antropomorphic jackal. Lucario is based on the Egyptian god Anubis, which is a man with a Jackal head.

And explain to me, how would Lucario be a clone... OF ANYBODY.

shinnok-fan64

Smash Apprentice
I doubt ROB is a PC, not because i don't like him, but because is anyone actually going to wait to main him?

I mean, people like Pichu(although tier wise he sucked) because he had appeal for younger kids, and Dr.Mario is respected b/c he has his own franchise.

ROB really dosen't, and tbh i'd be pissed if he took up space in the character roster.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
The only one who said ROB is Playable is ShadowXOR:

15. ShadowXOR
Fellow Smash Boarder ShadowXOR has said a few things about Brawl, and I'm putting them up here.

-Character: Ness
-Character: Captain Falcon
-Character: Marth
-Character: R.O.B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom