• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymousity

Smash Cadet
I doubt ROB is a PC, not because i don't like him, but because is anyone actually going to wait to main him?

I mean, people like Pichu(although tier wise he sucked) because he had appeal for younger kids, and Dr.Mario is respected b/c he has his own franchise.

ROB really dosen't, and tbh i'd be pissed if he took up space in the character roster.

No need for doubt, he isn't. Scroll up.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Lucario = Antropomorfic Fox?

If anything he would be an antropomorphic jackal. Lucario is based on the Egyptian god Anubis, which is a man with a Jackal head.

And explain to me, how would Lucario be a clone... OF ANYBODY.
That's what I said earlier, I just couldn't think of a name. It would have been different if this was about TAILS. *sob* I wish it was.

Even so, I'm not sure he'd be able to throw balls of fury/aura, like Mewtwo.

Whoops I mean Lucario.
So..... one attack. Maybe two. Otherwise, I'd imagine he'd play a bit differently than Mewtwo.

Balloon Fighter was rumoured to be an early canidate, like Lucas and DeDeDe.

Also, he had a newly 3D model in Melee's Trophy like Pit, as did...yup, STANLEY THE BUGMAN! (which I see other people probably are adding to lists since it's not as crazy as people thought).
You know, waaaaaay back before Nintendo's NSider Forums were shut down.... I suggested Stanley. But wouldn't it have been better if he had been under DK insignia?
And why aren't you posting pictures?

Seriously, if I had the guide or ANYTHING, I'd be for tripping as fast as I could to my scanner or camera to take pictures and then post them PRONTO here so I could say HA! I HAVE REAL STUFF! I AM THE REAL LEAKER!!!!

PkunkFury

Smash Cadet
People who are waiting for pictures will be waiting until the game ships to Hong Kong. There simply won't be that sort of leak until the game gets into consumer hands. The people who have already played Brawl right now are probably people who are doing network stress tests for NOA. Rumor has it that network issues were part of the delay, so we know testing is going on. We've also seem that Brawl is registering a few thousand connecitons a week on nintendo's wifi stats.

If people like MarkMan and PoR are really getting this info, it's likely because they have been helping with network stress tests, or they know someone else who has. If they have really played the game, you can bet they played it on site, in which case nintnedo would not have allowed them to bring cell phones or other items that could record game footage into the testing area. Don't forget PoR leaked info on Portrait of Ruin, which was the first Castlevania with an online component. And what was Reno famous for leaking? Info that VF5 was online. Network stress tests are done on company terms, so these people can't kick back and home and record footage for you

YSM

Smash Apprentice
I accidentally double posted, so I'll simply edit this with **** the Giants :(

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
It's just the fact that a stray disk or a file or anything has not made its way out that's surprising to me.

Also, suppose this information is coming out of the Network Stress Tests. What is the likelihood that their versions have locked details as a secure information blind?

PkunkFury

Smash Cadet
It's just the fact that a stray disk or a file or anything has not made its way out that's surprising to me.

Also, suppose this information is coming out of the Network Stress Tests. What is the likelihood that their versions have locked details as a secure information blind?
I've been holding out hope they'd do something like this too :chuckle:

but it seems very unlikely. Even if they keep some characters locked for one group of tests, another group would have to test them. Since every leaker that says 35 seems to have imformation that lines up, I'd be surprised if they played with very different rosters. Also, Markman seems to know how to unlock Sonic, so it's likely the testers are going through the game for bugs as well as testing the network. My guess is they've seen the whole game, since someone has to. Either way, it's probably done on site. Nothing physical is getting out

Eternal Neo

Smash Apprentice
Didn't MarkMan say or at least imply he actually had a copy of the game. I mean he talked about unlocking Sonic which doesn't seem like the kind of thing you'd be doing in a network stress test. Also, I agree that Nintendo probably wouldn't reveal all the secret characters in a test version, since they know that info would get leaked.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I've been holding out hope they'd do something like this too :chuckle:

but it seems very unlikely. Even if they keep some characters locked for one group of tests, another group would have to test them. Since every leaker that says 35 seems to have imformation that lines up, I'd be surprised if they played with very different rosters. Also, Markman seems to know how to unlock Sonic, so it's likely the testers are going through the game for bugs as well as testing the network. My guess is they've seen the whole game, since someone has to. Either way, it's probably done on site. Nothing physical is getting out
It would seem to be the case.

Gentlemen, (and ladies) I believe we have our roster.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Allright, based on what they have given us, this is my guess:

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Kirby
4. Pikachu
5. Fox
6. Samus/ZSS
7. Yoshi
8. Donkey Kong
9. Peach
10. Bowser
11. Zelda/Sheik
12. Ice Climbers
13. Pit
14. Meta Knight
15. Wario
16. Ike
17. Diddy Kong
18. Lucas
19. Pikmin & Olimar
20. King Dedede
21. Pokemon Trainer
22. Snake
23. Sonic
24. Luigi
25. Ganondorf
26. Capt. Falcon
27. Wolf
28. Falco
29. WW Link
30. Ness
31. Jigglypuff
32. Lucario
33. Marth
34. Mr. Game & Watch
35. Icon #19 rep

Eternal Neo

Smash Apprentice
It would seem to be the case.

Gentlemen, (and ladies) I believe we have our roster.
If Markman was legit, dot you think the Nintenjas wouldve already taken him out?
Allright, based on what they have given us, this is my guess:

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Kirby
4. Pikachu
5. Fox
6. Samus/ZSS
7. Yoshi
8. Donkey Kong
9. Peach
10. Bowser
11. Zelda/Sheik
12. Ice Climbers
13. Pit
14. Meta Knight
15. Wario
16. Ike
17. Diddy Kong
18. Lucas
19. Pikmin & Olimar
20. King Dedede
21. Pokemon Trainer
22. Snake
23. Sonic
24. Luigi
25. Ganondorf
26. Capt. Falcon
27. Wolf
28. Falco
29. WW Link
30. Ness
31. Jigglypuff
32. Lucario
33. Marth
34. Icon #19 rep
35. Other (Geno/AC rep/someone else?)

You forgot G&W so no "Other" spot. If these leaks are true then there's only one character we don't know and that's the icon 19 character.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
That list needs moar Ridley.

But it is a fair assumption to say that our favorite plasma-breathing dragon won't be making it in the Brawl as a PC. It's a shame, really, but eh...

Smooth Criminal

Black/Light

Smash Master
I just wish MarkMan would confirm Krystal's status. . .

The thought that we will have no new female characters hurts and I would like to officially start my morning sooner than later.

Zevox

Smash Lord
And it would appear we have more Brawl knowledge, and more evidence to fit with the claims of our leakers. For those who haven't seen it, Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff all but confirmed in the most recent video out of Japan.

Ness in particular is big, since he was among the claims of Nya, ChaosZero, and ShadowXOR. Lucario was also one of ChaosZero's claims, which backs him up, and since Falco and Wolf were claims of his too, and that fits in snugly with MarkMan and PortraitofRuin.

Zevox

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
No, it's fake. The screenshots are fake. That is all.
I'm about ready to strangle every person I see saying this.

Watch the video ON WII.COM. NOT ON YOUTUBE.

1) The video was updated. The origional one on youtube is not the same.
2) Youtube can be faked, Wii.com cannot.

Watch it on wii.com, and you will VERY CLEARLY see ness, lucario, and jigglypuff.

THAT is all.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Lol @ Aeris. Goto the official wii site and watch the commercial. Pause it at 4:20. =D

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I did, I did, quit your yappin'. Can you really blame me for not expecting Nintendo to update this thing? :ohwell:

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Well aside from one character (which very well may be ROB) it looks like we have our roster.

How completely underwhelming...

Zevox

Smash Lord
So I guess I'm the only one not completely bummed out by this? I'm actually feeling more relieved that we finally have a pretty solid grasp of the final roster. Huh. I guess lowering my expectations after seeing Nya's claims coming true in Olimar and the delay must have paid off.

Zevox

PkunkFury

Smash Cadet
*SPOILERs*

Reno just gave us all the newcomers on GAF

More of a confirmation than anything, since these were all figured out by ChronoBound's super sluething ages ago

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9407035&postcount=140

Reno said:
Originally Posted by OliveJuice:
Newcomers = 13
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
WW Link
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
R.O.B.
Olimar
Lucario
Wolf

Fixed :)
This is probably the real deal folks

Black/Light

Smash Master
Underwhelming? That's an understatement.
Correct.

Right now ANY hope of a female new comer lays in this R.O.B thing being fake (really, I have no reason to because Shadow or diss-believe him but he is the only one to NOT have something come true cause R.O.B is all he said so. . .) and Krystal/ Midna or some wtf character like Lip being a PC.

. . . I feel . . . cold inside :ohwell:

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
Correct.

Right now ANY hope of a female new comer lays in this R.O.B thing being fake (really, I have no reason to because Shadow or diss-believe him but he is the only one to NOT have something come true cause R.O.B is all he said so. . .) and Krystal/ Midna or some wtf character like Lip being a PC.

I don't understand at all how there wouldn't be a new female..

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Underwhelming? That's an understatement.
Sing it, sister.

R.O.B. ****ing R.O.B.

So we're clear...

Ridley, Geno, Isaac, Krystal, Sukapon, Claus, Mega Man or any other 3rd party, Vaati, Bowser Jr., King K. Rool, Skull Kid, and literally dozens of other fan favorites...

And they give us R.O.B. A ****ing novelty piece of crap solely included for WTF value who IS A REGULAR FREAKING ENEMY, instead of the dozens of great characters. Link has three versions of himself in the course of the series and Metroid only has one rep (while Star Fox has 3?) Animal Crossing items, AT's, music, and a stage and no rep.

AND THE GIANTS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL

...today was a bad day.

Zevox

Smash Lord
*SPOILERs*

Reno just gave us all the newcomers on GAF

More of a confirmation than anything, since these were all figured out by ChronoBound's super sluething ages ago

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9407035&postcount=140

This is probably the real deal folks
And so we have it at last. With a credible source backing up R.O.B., ShadowXOR is backed up, which gives us Marth, and seals the roster. At long last, we know what to expect from Brawl.

You know, just for kicks, I may well main R.O.B. myself if I like his moveset. Theres a lot that can be done with a robot and some creative license, so I'll look forward to seeing what he can do. And how Ness, Falco, Luigi, and Ganondorf have changed. And what Wolf and Lucario can do. And Marth's new model and final smash.

Its weird, but for some reason, I now find myself more excited for Brawl than I have been since Sonic's announcement. I do believe I'm going to be enjoying this game for a good, long time.

Zevox

PkunkFury

Smash Cadet
ROB could have a really cool moveset folks. I'm interested to see what they do with him.

All that upsets me about the list is Ness...

He's Lucas with a hat

and Falco/Fox/Wolf...

Please tell me none of them play the same

End Game

Smash Journeyman
The roster makes me :(. Like, seriously, what the hell sakurai? We have a million of mini games in it and this is our roster?

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
Correct.

I don't understand at all how there wouldn't be a new female..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom