• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I guess everyone celebrating about PS4 being $400 and no restrictions on playing used games to the point requried PS+ to play online doesn't scratch the excitement. I'm sad about no price drop for Vita though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Really excited for PS4. Still going to wait a bit for games and what not to come out before I buy one. Hopefully a price drop and bigger HD by then.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm immediately gonna play all the games that was featured when this releases. This is just too crazy to comprehend why no one won't think the same way right now.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Can we get this thread stickied?

Also, my three complaints about Sony's conference were...

1. Long conference.
2. Too much time spent on third party games.
3. Long demos.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
As for the news on sounding like PS+ is required if you want to play online
Tiered pay walls for online and gaikai. Just watch.
Called it, although no Gaikai until 2014. So I'm not sure if my prediction on tiers will be true or not until then.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I didn't get the impression PS+ was required to play online as well, they didn't really mention anything on it at the conference. I was watching with a friend of mine and neither of us heard anything about it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I didn't get the impression PS+ was required to play online as well, they didn't really mention anything on it at the conference. I was watching with a friend of mine and neither of us heard anything about it.
They didn't flat out say it. The hinted at it while on the bullet points what PS+ can do in the back, it said something along the lines of playing multiplayer.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah I got the impression that PS+ is going to become mandatory for online play, as well. Given that it's a fairly strong service to begin with I can't really complain, though.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
PS+ is required for online play, KH3 is also coming to Xbone, FF Versus is now XV (also coming to both consoles,) and 3rd party still get the final say in their used games policy. All of Sony's 1st party games will allow used games though. Plus the PS4 has a 500GB hard drive, and it does not come with the camera. (The camera will be sold for $60.)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
3rd party still get the final say in their used games policy. All of Sony's 1st party games will allow used games though.
Gonna clarify this since this can be misleading to some people. Jack Tretton said that the 3rd party has final say only on the online proponent.
So basically it's the exact same as PS3. Offline you can share used games, but some companies can still enforce online passes if they want to.

http://allthingsd.com/20130611/five-questions-about-the-ps4-for-sonys-jack-tretton/

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Also, I hope you guys have a TV capable of HDMI, because no component cable support for PS4. It is strictly HDMI only. (Guess I'm buying a new TV now.)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
To be honest, PS3 kinda looks bad on component as it is. And yeah, I'll be needing a new TV too. Partly because of that, and partly because I need to replace that 34' screen by 16' deep 100 pound monster of mine in general.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I want that new Infamous game.

I don't know when I'll get a PS4, but that's going to be one of the first games I get for it.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Does anyone even know if PS4 is backwards compatible? I missed quite a bit of good PS3 exclusives, and would like to catch up on them.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Does anyone even know if PS4 is backwards compatible? I missed quite a bit of good PS3 exclusives, and would like to catch up on them.

It SORT of is, in the sense that you can like...stream PS1/2/3 games on the cloud. I know it's not true backwards compatibility, but I haven't heard anything about the One having that.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
itll make sense for them to have some sort of "backwards compatibility"

With all the xbox to ps4 converts (like myself) that have always wanted to play games like uncharted and now the last of us

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Sorta irks me to think that I might have to pay 15 bucks a month to play an MMORPG, while also paying 5 bucks to allow me to play a game that I pay 15 bucks per month too. I guess I don't think that way in regards to Netflix, because it can be accessed via smart phone, computer, and maybe not needing PSN+/

finalark

SNORLAX
The social media features put me off initially, but after seeing Sony at E3 2013 I've decided that I'm going to be getting a PS4. Hype.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So we are all aware of the "social" aspects both consoles will be bringing. Here's a "demo" of what the PS4 can do to some extent. I personally like the fact you can download your games from your smartphone (and probably tablet) if you're not at home. Of course, I have a Windows Phone, so I probably will not have the app x.x.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
The PS4 looks as sexy as Aishwarya Rai, is an incredible value and isn't some Trojan Horse insidiously designed to invade your entire social structure and then sell your ill-gotten information to the highest bidder like the Xbox One is.

Of course I'll also be picking up a Wii U but that's a given seeing as Mario Kart is my all-time favorite franchise in all of video gaming.

So this time it'll be the PS4/Wii U combo that'll define me just like the 360/Wii combo seemed like the intelligent and financially prudent choice last time around.

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't know, I'd only really say that the 360 was the best choice around '07 when it had amazing exclusives out the ass. Once '08 rolled around and the PS3 dropped down to $400 I think it became the better deal. Especially since most of the 360's so-called "exclusives" ended up getting ported over around that time anyway.

EDIT: On the off-hand, why hasn't this been sticky'd yet? Sure, there's not a ton of discussion yet but once the PS4 gets released I'm sure there will be.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Seriously. No one talks about the vita, and that thread is still sticky.

The reason why most people sided with 360 instead of PS3 was because PS3 had the rough start. It became the better deal, but the damage was already done. Also consider the fact that games that were on both consoles favored 36, due to how easier it is to program for it compared to PS3. This led a lot of PS3 games being ports of the 360 version.

finalark

SNORLAX
Seriously. No one talks about the vita, and that thread is still sticky.
I actually completely forgot that the Vita was thing until I saw a ton of them at Walmart earlier today.

The reason why most people sided with 360 instead of PS3 was because PS3 had the rough start. It became the better deal, but the damage was already done. Also consider the fact that games that were on both consoles favored 36, due to how easier it is to program for it compared to PS3. This led a lot of PS3 games being ports of the 360 version.

That's very true. Back in say, 2007 especially. That year in particular stood out for me because it was the one time in my life in which I genuinely considered picking up a Microsoft console. Mass Effect, Bioshock, Halo 3 and Elder Scrolls IV in particular really drew me to the console. But I was around fourteen or so at the time and my parents didn't feel like buying a $300 dollar console when they had just gotten me a Wii the previous year, which had fallen into disuse at that point.

Top Bottom