• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play SSBB forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinder

Smash Master
Brawl has a much better fun factor and is more smash bros-like then melee which is more like street fighter/mortal kombat. you dont need a fast paced game with techs that require exploiting the game to have fun. gg.

Play Brawl, NOT Melee.
The only way I had fun with Brawl was with a hammer :B

Play Melee
and break your Brawl

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I won't play Melee because of WaveDashing and the beaten up with the nerf stick Kirby, I won't play SSB64 because it's not as fun as the other two Smash Bros games. So I pick Brawl over those other two because Kirby is sweet again, they got some new character's I like, and they have Lip's Theme, (Panel De Pon) in Brawl, but I will go to the Next Smash Bros game's because I don't want to play the same game forever, lol. I might not get the point of this blog.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Okay, now the joke's getting serious.

Nice going you melee/brawl fanboys, you're going to get the thread locked. :mad:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Let's play Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

It's a little bit of everything. As long as you believe.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Smash Bros sucks!
Have competitive pistol duels! O_o

Ange

Smash Lord
"Melees time is over"?

Im sorry, thats like saying "Sorry, but you cant play your NES anymore. Please update yourself to the Wii instead."

Games/consoles times are NEVER over. You can play them as long as you want. :p

To be honest, I dont prefer Melee or Brawl over the other. I dont want to explain my reasons, so Ill leave it be.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Think of the children! Osama Bin Laden plays Basic Brawl
Play Melee.
/thread

Ange

Smash Lord
We all should just go and play Melee or Brawl/+ so this thread can die.

:)

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
"Melees time is over"?

Im sorry, thats like saying "Sorry, but you cant play your NES anymore. Please update yourself to the Wii instead."
If I can join in, isn't that exactly what all the Melee extremists are doing here? :V

Games/consoles times are NEVER over. You can play them as long as you want. :p
Agreed. I still go back to Super Mario World.

But to stop the hate train on that post, what he means is that Melee's time as the iconic Smash game is in the decline. Brawl has shown competitive merit and value; not as much as what pro-Melee players deem worthy, but it's there all the same, and has been made a significant part of the game via the same methods Melee was known. A vital difference being that it's garnered reputation and acclaim.

I'm not bashing Melee, no one (serious) here is, nor am I trying to imply that one game is better than the other. It's not okay to bash Brawl either. I'm just pointing out that Brawl is considered the standard widespread, and as happens with most series, Melee IS slipping into retrospect. That's not an insult, it's not a definitive, it's an assessment. Which is what G-Beast probably meant.

Play Smash.

Pablo51

Smash Rookie
You will never stop. Brawl is so good that just staring at the game case will add hours to your playtime archives. Brawl will both bring you pancakes in the morning AND make you lose that disgusting body weight you have from eating them in the first place, fatty. Motion Sickness? HAR~! Brawl elliminates ALL sicknesses and will give you Spider-Man powers instead. Brawl....FTW!!!

And when that's all over, play Melee.

§leepy God

Smash Master
You will never stop. Brawl is so good that just staring at the game case will add hours to your playtime archives. Brawl will both bring you pancakes in the morning AND make you lose that disgusting body weight you have from eating them in the first place, fatty. Motion Sickness? HAR~! Brawl elliminates ALL sicknesses and will give you Spider-Man powers instead. Brawl....FTW!!!

You just made playing Melee pointless. =P

Fletch

Smash Master
Brawl has a much better fun factor and is more smash bros-like then melee which is more like street fighter/mortal kombat. you dont need a fast paced game with techs that require exploiting the game to have fun. gg.

Play Brawl, NOT Melee.
How is Brawl more like "Smash Bros" when Melee came out first and set the standard? If anything, Brawl is the black sheep of the Smash Brothers family, as it has no combo game to it and is by far the least competitive. So with that reasoning, don't play Brawl, play SSB64 or Melee.

Go outside and play KILL YOURSEVES.
Stay inside and lrn2spell, or at least learn how to contribute something.

i hope it does.. its dumb... alot of people just cant get it straight that melee's time is over
I'm just pointing out that Brawl is considered the standard widespread, and as happens with most series, Melee IS slipping into retrospect. That's not an insult, it's not a definitive, it's an assessment.
Brawl is dying in a lot of places already. Chicago area and a lot of the Midwest has gone back to Melee already, a game that is 7 years old, and quit playing Brawl, a game that hasn't even reached its one year anniversary yet. Melee's time is far from over, it will outlast Brawl.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is dying in a lot of places already. Chicago area and a lot of the Midwest has gone back to Melee already, a game that is 7 years old, and quit playing Brawl, a game that hasn't even reached its one year anniversary yet. Melee's time is far from over, it will outlast Brawl.
Fair to hear. But until this becomes the norm internationally, the argument still stands. In other words, if you're confident in Melee's future, it's best if you wait and see instead of calling it too early.

Stay inside and lrn2spell, or at least learn how to contribute something.
I think he was making a joke, a comical analysis of the trend in the thread, if you will. Which is a helluva lot more accurate than most here are willing to admit. :V

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I probably will too.

This blog needs moar Melee Ministers.

Ange

Smash Lord
If I can join in, isn't that exactly what all the Melee extremists are doing here? :V

Agreed. I still go back to Super Mario World.

But to stop the hate train on that post, what he means is that Melee's time as the iconic Smash game is in the decline. Brawl has shown competitive merit and value; not as much as what pro-Melee players deem worthy, but it's there all the same, and has been made a significant part of the game via the same methods Melee was known. A vital difference being that it's garnered reputation and acclaim.

I'm not bashing Melee, no one (serious) here is, nor am I trying to imply that one game is better than the other. It's not okay to bash Brawl either. I'm just pointing out that Brawl is considered the standard widespread, and as happens with most series, Melee IS slipping into retrospect. That's not an insult, it's not a definitive, it's an assessment. Which is what G-Beast probably meant.

Play Smash.
In the first quote, guess so. Tho I think it would be reversed then to: "Sorry, but you cant use your Wii anymore, please downgrade yourself to the NES." [:

Ah, I see.
Every game has its time. If a new game in the same franchise geats released, the previous one will/may slowly decrease in being that specific game, thus slowly giving room for the new one. I cant explain it very good, but you said it pretty well.

When I read that, it made me think of Wii Fit, somehow.

Fletch

Smash Master
Ah, I see.
Every game has its time. If a new game in the same franchise geats released, the previous one will/may slowly decrease in being that specific game, thus slowly giving room for the new one. I cant explain it very good, but you said it pretty well. [/COLOR]
See Street Fighter 2.

Oracle

Smash Master
You fail, that's what.
Brawl isn't competitive. It is different from the other smashes.

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
Brawl has no hitstun. I dont give a **** about wavedashing or l-canceling. BUt all fighting games should have hitstun.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I think I am going to make a Melee Minister Bible.

"BELIEVE MY OPINIONS AND DO WHAT I DO OR DIE! SLFDMSDLFSDNFLSDKN!"

SoupahMarry-O

Smash Rookie
Brawl is pretty fun when you sit down and play with somebody who knows the fundamentals.

Cinder

Smash Master
I think I am going to make a Melee Minister Bible.

"BELIEVE MY OPINIONS AND DO WHAT I DO OR DIE! SLFDMSDLFSDNFLSDKN!"
That IS how the REAL Bible is...but c'mon, Karina, you know as well as I do that Brawlers act the same way...

Brawl is pretty fun when you sit down and play with somebody who knows the fundamentals.
The only "fun" I had with Brawl was...I've said it enough >>;

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've always thought that Melee was better for the serious, competetive scene.
Brawl is only good for Wi-fi and meant to be a party game.

Granted that the game was slowed down, it still deserves to have it's own tournies, you can't change that.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
*Hands out copies of the Melee Bible*

Binx

Smash Master
Brawl doesn't really deserve anything except a ton of hate mail towards nintendo. Its fine as a party game, but that niche for my age group has been filled for a long time with shooters and rock band, hell even mario or board games like apples to apples would be more fun at a large group get together.

Melee is fast paced, fun to watch, takes a lot of skill, I've yet to try anything more fun than a crew/drunken crew battle in melee!

play melee.

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
look at fletch's sig.

Play Melee.
Okay, now the joke's getting serious.

Nice going you melee/brawl fanboys, you're going to get the thread locked. :mad:
we are on page 6

Play Melee.
Lmfao the poor guy who started this thread Ahahahaha
No, he is getting the only real good advice that you can on Smashboards.

Play Melee.
Smash Bros sucks!
Have competitive pistol duels! O_o
lol so gude

I play Brawl and Melee.
What now?
Put in your Brawl disc. Start the game. Go play melee for 3 years while Brawl loads. Go back to brawl. Select any character and jump when the game starts. Go play Melee for another 3 years while you wait for them to come down.
Once you know the basic fundamentals, you are at the deepest level of play the game has to offer.

Play Melee.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Play Smash 64.

Seriously.

And Hokuto no Ken on the PS2.

Combos into one-hit kos? **** straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom