• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play N Trade Tourney in Charlotte, NC

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Ugh... so got to training today and one of the training staff [essentially my manager's manager] told me that attendance at meals was mandatory. I know this doesn't sound like much to you but Friday I'm supposed to have free time starting at 3:00 pm, which was when I was gonna use travel down to pineville and see if I could get some playing time in, and probably grab dinner at steak and shake before heading back. Now that I have to be back at the university at 5:30 pm for dinner I'm not sure how do-able it is to even go to pineville anymore, considering the lynx rail thing takes 45 minutes from pineville to uptown charlotte [I also have to factor in waiting for the train if it's not their both ways...] We might get out early though, so I might be able to go down there are 2-ish and possibly get in a few friendlies, cause I'm probably not able to stay long enough for the entire tourney. I'll just have to play it by ear when the day comes. The only reason that attendance at meals is mandatory is because they're paying for it and they want to get their money's worth. I offered to pay them the average cost of a single person but they wouldn't take that. So much bull ****...

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Obviously you need to just come to the Tournaments at Gamer's Edge every Thursday.

You have no excuse.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
East: If you leave around 5ish, you MIGHT be able to make the entire tourney. Even if you can't, you will have fun with the friendlies.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Obviously you need to just come to the Tournaments at Gamer's Edge every Thursday.

You have no excuse.
Lulz, you really should, there are tons of cool people there. I guarentee you'll have a good time and you'll have plenty of people to play at the end :D
Btw. is it still FD only?

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
East: If you leave around 5ish, you MIGHT be able to make the entire tourney. Even if you can't, you will have fun with the friendlies.
How likely is it that if we show up at 5 we'll be able to enter. A few people from clemson are considering going but its about a 2 hour drive so its going to be tough getting there by 3 with school/work.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
How likely is it that if we show up at 5 we'll be able to enter. A few people from clemson are considering going but its about a 2 hour drive so its going to be tough getting there by 3 with school/work.
I don't know about that. I think the tournament will END about five. If you come around five, you can always stick around for friendlies

Kack: Yeah. FD only is still the rule. Sorry about that but I don't create the rules

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Meh, I guess I shouldn't complain, but variety is part of what makes tourneys fun :/

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
FD is alright assuming you don't match up against a falcon or a Pit, sure. Unfortunately, the idiots at PnT don't care as long as they get paid.

Fortunately, I personally know the manager and about 3 employees, so I am trying to get them to listen to reason.

East

Crappy Imitation
@Ryanarius: You go to Clemson? Do you by chance know a fella by the name of Jon Bacot [pretty sure I spelled his last name wrong] asian fella. Not sure if he plays up there but he goes there now and I know he used to play melee. He by chance comin up?

@Criosphinx: Where is gamer's edge at? I'm without a car up here so transportation is kinda limited to walking distance, trolley in uptown, or the light rail train thing. I'd love to come though if I can make it.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
FD is alright assuming you don't match up against a falcon or a Pit, sure. Unfortunately, the idiots at PnT don't care as long as they get paid.

Fortunately, I personally know the manager and about 3 employees, so I am trying to get them to listen to reason.
Atleast add in Yoshi's island Pl0x

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Japan plays just final destionation and it works fine. The biggest difference is diddy kong is a lot better but still not metaknight/snake good.

A final d only tournament is a nice change from the normal counterpicks. I'm probably not going to make it to this but I think a few clemson people will.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
@ East: Gamer's Edge is in South Carolina, in Fort Mill. I wouldn't exactly say walking distance, it's about 15 minute drive from Pineville.

@ Ryanarius: I'm very pensive to try playing a projectile spammer on a totally flat stage; Even as a character who can heal himself, it's a tough pull. Battlefield or Smashville are far more fair.

You are still coming to Edge this Thursday, right?

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
You are still coming to Edge this Thursday, right?
I think so but I'm not sure. With 5 dollar pot buy in even if I do win I doubt prize money will pay for gas but I like to play new opponents so its worth it anyways.

edit: @east I don't know him but khai (another clemson smasher) does.

lord karn

Smash Master
Well I will likely be there then. I need to win back money I lost last weekend at Jubilee.

The rules in the first post say it may be single elimination. When will you know if it is or not? Single elim sucks so much.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Lord Karn: Unfortunately, I can't determine whether or not it is single or double elimination until the day of the tourney. The TO said if there are tons of people, he will make it single elimination and if there are not so many people, he will make it double elimination. Sorry, but the number of participants plays a huge role in the rules.

lord karn

Smash Master
Lord Karn: Unfortunately, I can't determine whether or not it is single or double elimination until the day of the tourney. The TO said if there are tons of people, he will make it single elimination and if there are not so many people, he will make it double elimination. Sorry, but the number of participants plays a huge role in the rules.
If there are people known to be good, is there going to be any seeding? Me and my friend want to come, but if it's single elim it would suck to fight each other early on, eliminating the chances of us both winning money.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Karn, you're shooting way too high--these tournaments don't have anything like that. I doubt if the employees even know what seeding is. However, I have heard for a fact that it will be single elimination, possibly five stocks. These things aren't very organized, the only thing good about PnT tournaments is the amount of people that come and sign up for them, which means more money in the pot.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Lord Karn- No seeding man. These playntrade tourneys are usually played by casual players who have no idea what the real rules are. Sorry about that. It would be bad luck if you and your friend got pitted against each other in the beginning.

East

Crappy Imitation
but I mean really, what are the chances of that happening? Isn't seeding usually done randomly or as people sign up? Chances are that one of you would eliminate each other in the rounds like the top 8 or below. Don't want to be the pessimist, but on the flip side luck provided you do both win money : )

As a small update, if I keep getting out of my training earlier than expected, I might be able to come friday. I got out of training like 2 hours early today, hopefully it'll keep up. *crosses fingers*

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
but I mean really, what are the chances of that happening? Isn't seeding usually done randomly or as people sign up? Chances are that one of you would eliminate each other in the rounds like the top 8 or below. Don't want to be the pessimist, but on the flip side luck provided you do both win money : )

As a small update, if I keep getting out of my training earlier than expected, I might be able to come friday. I got out of training like 2 hours early today, hopefully it'll keep up. *crosses fingers*
Seeding is done by skill level if I'm not mistaken.
@Karn, seeding is overated anyway >.>
:/ I'm starting to get nervous

Dagani

Smash Cadet
A heads up, in light of connections with employees/management, we are trying to talk the manager into coming to the GEC tourney on Thursday to see how to properly run one. We've also given him a copy of the SBR rules and are trying to convince him that using a random, pulled-out-of-your-*** ruleset will turn off many players who would otherwise gladly come to a tournament as frequently as PnT will host them.

Fear not, I feel we will sway them to the side of reason.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Dagani: Thanks a bunch man. This will definately attract more players and makes this tourney that much more enjoyable. I owe you one.

BEHR

Smash Hero
IM kinda interested in this too.

Dont know how I will get to Charlotte tho.

And schools almost starting for me.

How often do you have these?

BEHR

Smash Hero
I dont know im thinking about it. :3

So I'll see if I'll come. :3

BEHR

Smash Hero
I dont know If I come im defiantly going to Rest somebody. o 3o;

Top Bottom