• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play N Trade Tourney in Charlotte, NC

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I might not be able t make this tourney either :( I have an open house at my school at 6:30. But if this tourney ends early. I could stay for both

lord karn

Smash Master
Looks like I don't have enough gas money to go. I have enough to get there but I would have to win money to get back.

Dagani

Smash Cadet
Alrighty folks, I've got near 100% assurance that the ruleset will very closely follow the SBR one.

Though there may be minor changes made to certain parts in the interests of both time and simplicity.

One that was talked about was removing the counterpicking of stages and simply using the neutral stages with the random feature to help speed the matches along.

I believe there are 2 or 3 extra wii's that will be showing up too to help things move along smoothly.

Look forward to seeing you all there tomorrow, well, later today I suppose.

Oh, and Sushi, I hope I get a rematch with you after the beating you put my Kirby through at the GEC tourney tonight. :(

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Well, I'm glad the ruleset is fixed. The latest I can stay is 6:30 for this tourney cause my mom wants me to go to a stupid open house they are having at my school ( I'm gonna be with them for half a year...There is no need for me to go :/ )

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'd be ok with that. Marth is aight with it, so I am. I forget how much you CP though Lucas...it does remove a key aspect of the game, but I think the Japanese do it, so it's ok for PnT to do it.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
@Devin : doesn't look like im going to be able to make it, couldn't trade shifts and i am "not allowed" to call in.. so i guess its next week or next times tourney

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Dagani: Hopefully we can rematch in the playntrade today
DarkHart: No counterpick does suck but it will make the tourney move much quicker and smoother.
DrPeePee: I didn't know the Japanese don't do counterpicks!? Like you said though, no cp is not that bad.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Im not sure I can make it there in 3 Hours cause I still don't have a ride.

;-;

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Dark Hart: There will be many 6 year olds over there and there and they would ask for the entire cp list every time and they would take a long time to pick the stage. I understand older people such as you and I won't have a problem such as this but we can't risk it :)

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Kinda sucks that I didn't get to participate in the tournament. Didn't really get a chance to play anyone in singles unless you count that one last life bout I had with Crio. It was nice to meet some fellow smasher's though, as well as play another human after a 3 month cpu whoop-fest. Then again, the guy I played who used Ike blew pretty hard [hopefully that's all the training put to some good use.]Definitely keep me in contact though, I'd love to go to some tourney's. Also try and keep these tourney's up. Within the coming weeks I could bring some friends.

Oh I almost forgot, I was a little surprised, I didn't see very many little kids there. It seemed like most of the people there had a general knowledge of the ruleset. Hopefully this'll flourish into an established NC Smash community. Well tell me how the tourney goes when you guys get's back.

P.S. Awesome PK Pulse Edgeguard on that metaknight, Crio.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Alright it was a great turnout. Almost 30 people came. These are the results:
1) Ali/Ive Jihad
2)Ptown/Peter
3)? (Some peach player not on smashboard)

I would have placed but I had to leave at 5 pm. Curse you SAT classes.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Cost of entry: $10.
Money match cost: $5, with zero profit.
Steak and shake: $10.

25 dollar trip wut wut. sucks that Sushi had to cuddle my Ness gently then leave so soon.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Alright it was a great turnout. Almost 30 people came. These are the results:
1) Ali/Ive Jihad
2)Ptown/Peter
3)? (Some peach player not on smashboard)

I would have placed but I had to leave at 5 pm. Curse you SAT classes.
I would happen to be that Peach player. :p I was the guy wearing all that mario stuff, lol.

Props to peter and ali, you guys are great! Fun matches all around! You know I'll be training hard for my rematches against you two. :p.
Ggs to everyone else I played as well, Peach is just too good :3.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
This was fun...kinda too bad I lost early but I lost to some good players. First match I lost to Kidd. Second I lost to some snake player guy person :/

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Noooooo!!! You went to this Kid??? You didn't even say so! Dang it....Yeah, Peter and Ali are too good. Ali is still best in state(I'm coming for you boi!), so that's tough luck, and Peter is too smart too.

Good stuff guys.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Kidd: I apologize. I didn't know you were on smashoards. Heard you beat Ali which means your peach must be insane. Gotta play you sometime.

Crio: You got an insane Ness. You even beat me the first round. Great game and I hope we have a rematch.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Kidd....did you really beat Ali? Lol I'm gonna learn to play Peach now. We need to play sometime man!
I beat him in winners, then peter sent me to losers, then ali beat me in loser finals. I gotta watch out for those projectiles! he hit me real bad with them.
Peach is lots of fun Dr.pp, you'd enjoy her alot. She has a lot of options. We should team sometime, Marth/Peach.

Team Carolina Combo
Edit- Sushi no problem man! It happens lol. We'll play in the future for sure, I love MK vs peach :p.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You have no idea how much I'd love that Kidd! We'll have to discuss some things first, but yeah for sure man! Great stuff again by the way! When are you coming up to NC again bro, or is there a SC thing I need to know about lol.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Actually, due to NC gambling laws; as a company they are unable to reward cash. That's what the owners of PnT said.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Aww that sucks. Also I'm not sure who it was, in this short time I forget who it was I talked to, the fella who said he might be able to get me a ride to the gamer's edge tourney in SC. How would I possibly be able to get a ride?

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I have to express my frustrations with something though. Don't get me wrong like I had a great time and the tournament experience is always nice, but this must be said.

The first post is very misleading with the prize, mainly with these misleading points in mind.

1. Tourney Prize Money Distribution: 70/20/10

2. Usually, a lot of people come to these tourneys which raises the first place prize money to insane amounts. When play n trade had a double tourneys, the prize money for EACH person was $200. I hope all of you come b/c it would be lots of fun.

If I left any information out please tell me. I will let you know.

3. The TO has decided to make a 5 dollar entry and 10 dollars for the pot.

I was sure that, due to the way these points were worded, that I was playing for actual cash, instead of store credit. It was very misleading and I was very confused when I was given a Play -N- Trade game card instead. Please let people know that they are not playing for real money, as my crew of people drove 2 hours in hopes of winning this and I was rather unhappy when I found I couldn't use my winnings outside a gamestore that isn't anywheres near me. Every other cash tournament out there words the prize money basically like you guys did so that's what I thought I was getting, and well I didn't. So again PLEASE let people know they are playing for STORE CREDIT ONLY. Thank you.

lord karn

Smash Master
I have to express my frustrations with something though. Don't get me wrong like I had a great time and the tournament experience is always nice, but this must be said.

I came here thinking this was a cash tournament. And I looked at the fliers for the brawl tournament in the store, and the grand prize was and I quote " 70% of entrance fees". This was something that was very misleading for me, and although I did enjoy my Wiimote gum I bought with my store credit, I was really going for cash. I mean to be honest I only normally go to cash tournaments, and probably wouldn't have made the drive had I known otherwise.

This is my first time placing top three at a tournament and I really would have liked to walk away with real money like I thought I would.I think Peter and Ali would agree with me here as well.
I agree. I almost came to this tourney for the sole purpose of making money. Stuff like that really should be specified and adhered to.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Dunno if my opinion counts on this, but I'll agree with that also. I like having something, well, nice to show for a tournament that I did well at. The first time I won money, it wasn't necessarily the money that made it great, it was the fact that I'd finally become good enough to earn it. That's where I'm coming from anyways.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
I apologize for the confusion concerning the money. When I called them, that was the information they gave to me which I posted here. However, the statement "Usually, a lot of people come to these tourneys which raises the first place prize money to insane amounts. When play n trade had a double tourneys, the prize money for EACH person was $200. I hope all of you come b/c it would be lots of fun." was completely true as I was there. Again, I apologize for the confusion but I just posted what they told me when I called up.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I beat him in winners, then peter sent me to losers, then ali beat me in loser finals. I gotta watch out for those projectiles! he hit me real bad with them.
Peach is lots of fun Dr.pp, you'd enjoy her alot. She has a lot of options. We should team sometime, Marth/Peach.

Team Carolina Combo
Edit- Sushi no problem man! It happens lol. We'll play in the future for sure, I love MK vs peach :p.
Are you still coming down to the Gamers Edge tourney Thursday? I really wanna rematch agaisnt your Peach. I wouldn't doubt your one of the best, if not the best, Peach player in the east coast.

BEHR

Smash Hero
So when is there another one of these bad boys?

I wanna Peach Ditto 3 MM. ;D

and any MMs against my Jiggs.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
So when is there another one of these bad boys?

I wanna Peach Ditto 3 MM. ;D

and any MMs against my Jiggs.
I'll mm you in a peach ditto anyday :p.

Also kackamee i don't know if I'll be able to make it, sorry man :[.

Top Bottom