• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play N Trade Tournament - Sunday, January 6, 2008!

PlayNTrade

Smash Rookie
Play N Trade Tournament

Tournament is Sunday 1/6/08

FIRST 4 PEOPLE WHO BRING IN A COPY OF THE GAME GET IN FOR FREE!!!!

WHERE

Play N Trade Games
at the District
Jamboree and Barranca Pkwy.
2433 Park Avenue (address doesn't give you correct directions online)
Tustin, CA 92782

We're right next to Johnny Rockets!

Parking/ Directions:

Coming from North of Tustin-take 5 fwy south
-exit on Jamboree Rd. and turn right
-continue on Jamboree Rd.
-exit on Warner Ave. (not a traffic light, difficult to see)
-continue, forced left turn, continue on Park Ave.
we're in the center portion of the shopping center, next to borders, johnny rockets and the amc movie theaters

Coming from South of Tustin-take 5 north
-exit on Jamboree Rd. and turn left
-continue on Jamboree Rd.
-exit on warner Ave. (not a traffic light)
-continue. Forced left turn, continue on Park Ave.
we're in the center portion of the shopping center, next to borders, johnny rockets, and the amc movie theaters

Near Borders book store or the AMC Movie Theatres

WHEN

Sunday, January 6, 2007

Time:
Tournament begins at 11:30am

be here a half an hour before tournament starts to sign up

EVENTS/COST/PRIZES

Entry Fee: $10.00

Prizes:
1st place - $100 store credit
2nd place - $50 store credit
3rd place - T-shirt

RULES

-8 minute time limit on all matches. Items off.

-Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.

-First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.

-Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been previously reset by either player during the same set, that stage is reset again. (Random Stage Reset)

-The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)

-No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again.

-Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.

-Each person may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may not ban neutral stages.

-Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.

-Wobbling is not banned.

Brackets:

Bracket matches are best 2 of 3, 4 stock.
Winners' bracket finals, losers' bracket finals, and championship sets are all best 3 of 5.

Stages:

Singles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium
Singles counterpicks: all Singles Neutral stages plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.

Contact Information:

Store Number - (714) 259-1176
email - TheDistrict@PNTmail.com

Ps: TV's lag a little bit but it's not too horrible. Nezumi is running the tournament so no johns about the rules =)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
aww, there's not gonna be a little kid to **** everyone again. :( I'd rather not go cuz of them trash talkers. Oregonians are the best ultimatum

DRGN

Technowizard
Ewww....play n trade tournaments.

All I'm saying is, be ready for some bull****. And have fun :)
Too true.

Last time I went to one of these they had some pretty weak rules, and had never even heard of standard stuff from say MLG06 or earlier. It's cool they'd like to hold tournaments for the public &, likely, their costomers, all I'm saying is a little RESEARCH into the subject couldn't hurt.

Also, out of two different stores near me, neither wanted to listen to me or my friend on outside advice on anything regarding their tournaments.

From the place I went to though, even ignoring the tournament itself, I was pretty dissatisfied with how they were doing things, how they responded to customers (namely, me and my friends), and their lack of command or communication was incredibly annoying. All of this could just be an isolated occurance at the store I went to... but I've also heard other less-than-fantastic tidbits (besides HugS's post) about Play N Trade tourneys before.

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
LOL this **** is such a rip off they make more money off entrys money then what there given out lol never been to one though

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
just so you know, i work there now, and will be there working saturday, so things will run well, and rules will be standard MLG

no johns.

Any questions, you can ask me too.

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
just so you know, i work there now, and will be there working saturday, so things will run well, and rules will be standard MLG

no johns.

Any questions, you can ask me too.
CALM down.

There will only be two stages allowed: Dreamland and Jungle Japes

JettythatSamus

Smash Apprentice
glenn why is it always so difficult to find your tournaments?

im over here dying on mapquest trying to get driving directions to this place. Can I get a number address or somethin dang help a brotha out

edit:

here's the physical address
2433 Park Avenue
Tustin, CA 92782

PlayNTrade

Smash Rookie
Please bring copys of SSBM if you can!

This is Nezumi posting and I hope you all can make it!

RAQU

Smash Apprentice
im glad nezumi is running the tourney cuz i heard the last one had some really lame rules, but im also curious do the TVs lag? ive been hearing that they do.

PlayNTrade

Smash Rookie
There is a slight lag however it's not as bad as some other play N trades

it shouldn't bother people that much.

And if it does bother you, at least everyone is equally at the disadvantage.

you're welcome to bring hd converter cables (which get rid of the lag) if you have them.

(i think they're better than the University Center UCI play N trade tv's)

also! Bring in copies of smash!! we can have up to 8 tvs running at once and have enough cubes, but we just need people to bring in the game!!

thanks everyone!

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
I will be there! Is it the same policy that you guys need Smash cuz I will bring it =) I hope this means possibly 8 tvs?

Top Bottom