• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play N Trade Tournament - Sunday, January 6, 2008!

DCmoney1255

Smash Journeyman
yeah whatever good game. I'll be pissed if I want to. I appreciate the prize and everything but getting 3rd is disappointingm especially at a playntrade one.

spoken like a true 13 year old.. u need to lighten up

@LeSheik- Im Derrick Cabrera =), i go by DMC but i dont go to much tournaments.. i try to make all those that i can

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
No Nezumi why did you show what place I got! >.< I am actually embarassed this is the worst I ever placed =( Too bad not another play n trade tourney for the rest of the year

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
spoken like a true 13 year old.. u need to lighten up
wow, do you keep a public profile on me or something?? I was just kind of angry when I posted and ventilated my anger on that one post, don't go to assuming man.

Anyways, you are too good with your characters, you play all the characters I do so you must've read me like a picture-filled children's book. I was also surprised you beat DSF, but I'm pretty sure he was sandbagging big time.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
wow, do you keep a public profile on me or something?? I was just kind of angry when I posted and ventilated my anger on that one post, don't go to assuming man.
No disrespect but, I don't think he was assuming, he was probably just suggesting that you'd lighten up. But good **** to you, Derrick, and DSF.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Yah I was surprised how good you did DCmoney, and now that you go to UCI maybe UCI's team wont suck anymore =P. I am hoping to transfer there in one more year, and I think ur friend said he was planning on transferring there also. I may drop by IVC once in awhile to play most likely =P

...I dont know what happened during the match so I cant say, but I am starting to feel like sandbagging is becoming a new john...>.>

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Well it only matters if you can consistently repeat the results. Alex won the tournament and is notorious for sandbagging, so the only person who cares that they beat him is the bad player who's goign to go brag to everyone that he beat Alex and etc. etc. The honest player knows he's not as good as him and hence it doesn't matter if you win unless you can consistently win. The good wins consistently beat good people and hence know they're good. The bad ones fluke out or whatever a victory over someone known and use it as a crowning achievement.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
Well it only matters if you can consistently repeat the results. Alex won the tournament and is notorious for sandbagging, so the only person who cares that they beat him is the bad player who's goign to go brag to everyone that he beat Alex and etc. etc. The honest player knows he's not as good as him and hence it doesn't matter if you win unless you can consistently win. The good wins consistently beat good people and hence know they're good. The bad ones fluke out or whatever a victory over someone known and use it as a crowning achievement.

Well fuking said.

beating DSF on a laggy tv at a game store tournament???

LOLLL good ****!

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
It wasn't targetedspecifically at you, just targeted at anyone who beats someone really good once and uses it to brag about it or hype themselves up.

An example would be Raqu four-stocking DC and then telling everyone about it.

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
well actually beating them once apparently can get you moved up in the rankings. For instance, Alex beat Hugs at like 6 tournaments in a row, then lost to him at 2 and got moved down... he no longer cares about rankings and never wanted to be on them in the first place. They're not that accurate anyway. Only way to make accurate ones is to have a tournament with ONLY the top 25, and seeding them VERY very carefully. Lol.

Female power rankings are TOO accurate though, ftw ^ ^

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
As for friendlies, I overcame DSF's marth with DK on battlefield. I spiked him down for the first kill, and after that he missed the edge a couple of times, cuz of the strange formation of battlefield's floors. In the end, I was up 2 stocks to one, and he started coming back, but I carried him off the stage on my back for a win. ^_^ It was easy to tell he wasn't really trying, but I'm still happy for that win.
This is a similar case to Raqu's 4 stocking DC thing except Boo didn't advertise it to everyone in SoCal in about a day and he doesn't claim he's a "Marth killer" after the win XD

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
well actually beating them once apparently can get you moved up in the rankings. For instance, Alex beat Hugs at like 6 tournaments in a row, then lost to him at 2 and got moved down... he no longer cares about rankings and never wanted to be on them in the first place. They're not that accurate anyway. Only way to make accurate ones is to have a tournament with ONLY the top 25, and seeding them VERY very carefully. Lol.

Female power rankings are TOO accurate though, ftw ^ ^
When Alex first was moved down below Hugs I'd have agreed with you, but now it's pretty evident by tourny results that Hugo deserves to be higher.

RAQU

Smash Apprentice
This is a similar case to Raqu's 4 stocking DC thing except Boo didn't advertise it to everyone in SoCal in about a day and he doesn't claim he's a "Marth killer" after the win XD
rofl well said... but it was a joke thread XD... not like i was serious about everything... i put marth killer as a joke because only 1 person said i should =P

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
rofl well said... but it was a joke thread XD... not like i was serious about everything... i put marth killer as a joke because only 1 person said i should =P
I don't know you or anything, but word was you were serious. I never even saw the thread in question, but just word around the grapevine was you were bragging about it. Considering I don't know anything about you and didn't see the thread in question and still word got around...

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Quoted for great justice

'tis true, IVE SEEN HIM

IVEEE SEEEEN HIIMM
Means nothing...NOTHING! Clearly I have recieved the most useful tip

Luigi's down+B kicks everyones ***!:chuckle:

motion to change this thread to the DSF= > than all thread or the DSF superfans thread

...although he has eliminated me in tournaments like 3-4 times...and I dont even go to that many tourneys! Luck of the draw.

Top Bottom