• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play N Trade Tournament - Sunday, January 6, 2008!

MoogleDude

Smash Cadet
Mystic, i think Connors marth can beat you, ur not as good against marth as you think you are

DCmoney1255

Smash Journeyman
If the TV's dont lag like a thousand seconds at this play n trade maybe ill go...

PlayNTrade

Smash Rookie
Just a reminder, this is THIS saturday!!! Hope you can all make it!!!

Also for anyone who plays guitar hero 3, we're having a guitar hero 3 tournament on December 1st

first place will win 250$ store credit or a nintendo Wii

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Yay I will be using Roy as much as I can spare at this tournament, I been practicing with him all week and I wanna see how he'll do. Of course my main will still be there ;)

PlayNTrade

Smash Rookie
UPDATES! FIRST 4 PEOPLE WHO BRING IN A COPY OF THE GAME GET FREE ENTRY INTO THE TOURNAMENT!!

hope to see a lot of people there tomorrow!

Zarelid

Smash Lord
I'm on my way tro this I think I don't got anyones number so i might get lost on my way on the bus LOL! so who should I call for this if i get lost?

MysticGod101

Smash Apprentice
10 bucks entry fee is always pricey. especially if the prizes are just store credit. :p dont think i can make this one. Parents probably want me to work on hw.
Ahhh dam it azn you should have been there with your camera and recorded the matches : ( so intense lol

Boolossus

Smash Ace
In more ways then one!:chuckle:

Should've never fallen asleep...>.>
XD. That's gross man, lol.

Anyways, I want to say that I had alot of fun at this tournamnet. I had to play the guy who came in 2nd place in the first round, and almost won against him, but I suicided...x_x. He's prolly better than me anyways.

In the losers bracket, I was doing pretty good. I beat a Samus and a Ganondorf first, and then I got paired up with LTB. Both of our matches were really close, but I came out on top with Samus. =)

After that I got paired up with some random Jigglypuff... I went easy on him, that's the only reason he won, hehe.

As for friendlies, I overcame DSF's marth with DK on battlefield. I spiked him down for the first kill, and after that he missed the edge a couple of times, cuz of the strange formation of battlefield's floors. In the end, I was up 2 stocks to one, and he started coming back, but I carried him off the stage on my back for a win. ^_^ It was easy to tell he wasn't really trying, but I'm still happy for that win.

Overall, I'd like to say good job to Nezumi for running this thing so well, I had alot of fun. I'm glad I placed 9th, it's the best I've done in a tourney in a while, which is kinda sad. Hope the GH3 tournament goes well for you guys.

Oh, and for those who weren't there:

1st- DSF
2nd- Derrick
3rd-Connor
4th-Some random jigglypuff who plays like a psycho.
9th-Boo

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Yah I had alot of fun despite my VERY VERY short comings in the tournament =...(

Atleast I got to beat Mystic God in tournament XD jk MG it was cool meeting you in person, wasn't sure who you were last tourney. Deffinetely OCC and IVC should play together more, considering I live in Irvine so im pretty close =P Speaking of which I am going to pm you.

@Boolossus

Yup andrew beat me (WTF!) and you beat me in losers (I JOHN MISSFIRE!) but yah it was cool meeting you too considering I heard alot about you =P

DCmoney1255

Smash Journeyman
Good times at the tournament.. I really like how well organized it was cuz it went pretty fast and smoothly.. Im derrick btw, in case no one knows who i was.. Shoutouts:

@DSF - whyd u sandbag me in winners bracket, dont know how i sent you to losers 0_0

@Connor - ur too good, but dont get so mad next time lol

@Psycho - ur jiggs is too good, turned our match into a rest combo video.. suicide ftl tho =(.. good matches

@Chris - you better do next time.. why didnt derrick practice work today?

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Good times at the tournament.. I really like how well organized it was cuz it went pretty fast and smoothly.. Im derrick btw, in case no one knows who i was.. Shoutouts:

@DSF - whyd u sandbag me in winners bracket, dont know how i sent you to losers 0_0

@Connor - ur too good, but dont get so mad next time lol

@Psycho - ur jiggs is too good, turned our match into a rest combo video.. suicide ftl tho =(.. good matches

@Chris - you better do next time.. why didnt derrick practice work today?
Ooh, you're derrick. Hehe. I'll get you with DK next time... maybe.

MysticGod101

Smash Apprentice
Yah I had alot of fun despite my VERY VERY short comings in the tournament =...(

Atleast I got to beat Mystic God in tournament XD jk MG it was cool meeting you in person, wasn't sure who you were last tourney. Deffinetely OCC and IVC should play together more, considering I live in Irvine so im pretty close =P Speaking of which I am going to pm you.

@Boolossus

Yup andrew beat me (WTF!) and you beat me in losers (I JOHN MISSFIRE!) but yah it was cool meeting you too considering I heard alot about you =P
haha jeez come whenever on tuesday and thursday xD we in the student lounge haha

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
great job everyone! I was really happy with the turn out for this one. Congrats to all the top 3! Hope you enjoyed your free meal to johnny rockets.

Just to recap

1st- DSF
2nd- Derrick Cabrera
3rd - Marth/Falco Pro
4th - Psychomidget
5 - Alex Barrett
5- Andrew G
7 - Calvin Bui
7 - Calvin Combs
9 - Tommy Trinh
9 - Dao
9 - Dennis Flaherty