• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play 'n' Trade - NYC - Oct 18, 08 - SSBB 1v1/2v2 - NYC is back baby! - bring setups!!

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
Lol, ****. NYC is coming back with tournaments in the city, brooklyn, and queens.

Hopefully this will work out and turn into Bi-Weeklies or monthlies.

Battlewoundz

Smash Cadet
Can anyone give me good directions to the place. Tried Google Maps but its not giving me a certain answer. Im gunna be getting of at Penn Station, I just need to know how to get there from Penn Station

Thanks,
WoundZ

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Can anyone give me good directions to the place. Tried Google Maps but its not giving me a certain answer. Im gunna be getting of at Penn Station, I just need to know how to get there from Penn Station

Thanks,
WoundZ

from penn u have to get to Union square and walk to 13th and 3rd

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Why doubles first? Singles will probably end late if we have doubles first.
simple doubles is quick and it ends quicker doing this.

whether you put one or the other first it will run late...some people like doubles and only come for doubles.

besides we always do doubles first and singles last and it wont end too late at MOST 11pm if all stations have wii's

think of it this way singles is the main event so the hype has to be there so it has to go "last"

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
im unsure should i join this. it would be my 2nd torney, cause i cant find these in queens.

dude you can always come by and chill regardless. i say enter only because you will meet new ppl..see amazing players..and just have a good time.

Bubbles

Smash Rookie
3 friends and I will be coming for 2 doubles teams and 4 singles entries. Get ready to bring the ruckus.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Norfair
* Corneria
* Pictochat
* Great Sea
Do I have to go through the trouble of explaining why those stages are terrible, or are you just going to realize they're abysmal for competitive play and turn them off and save us a lot of time?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Do I have to go through the trouble of explaining why those stages are terrible, or are you just going to realize they're abysmal for competitive play and turn them off and save us a lot of time?

No I know why they are silly. NYC kept demanding them to be honest. I asked them and they kept going back and forth in the weekly thread. I got annoyed and said if you guys want it for this tournament fine but when the complaining starts ( and it will ) I do not want to hear it.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
this will be my first debut into the wonderful world of ssbb tournies. I'm super stoaked about it, I can't wait for the event. Me and a couple of my smashing friend WILL be there with bells on

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
i can't wait to see all of you guys skillz. Playing with the best, wooooooo this is gonna be fantastic

Unrefined

Smash Journeyman
We have a rough idea of attendance? Any need of anything else to bring?

My Crew will be 4-5 people.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
i gotta thank ya lightxdream, ever since nyclan closed down i thought i never see a brawl tournament. And if it goes well, then congratz man

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
knightmare if u got a wii go for it.

as far as nyclan lolz nyclan failed so hard i helped shut it down lolz

Top Bottom