• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play 'n' Trade - NYC - Oct 18, 08 - SSBB 1v1/2v2 - NYC is back baby! - bring setups!!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I think gamebridges are always welcome, I really want to get one myself. Then again I don't have a laptop xD

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
Ah, fair enough lol. So you're bringing a Wii, a copy of the game, and a VCR? And can we record some friendlies after/before the tournament? Because I don't like recording tournament matches because it makes me more nervous, I'd rather record some friendlies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ah, fair enough lol. So you're bringing a Wii, a copy of the game, and a VCR? And can we record some friendlies after/before the tournament? Because I don't like recording tournament matches because it makes me more nervous, I'd rather record some friendlies.
Yea, also I got this capture decive so my Vids come out way better than using my crappy webcam to record. Its a " Diamond one touch video capture VC500" They are like 40 bucks online but they kick so much azz for recording.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I think I might go to this instead of Esticle :0)

I just want to point out that two people will place 5th so you would have to do 2.5%. Just letting you know.

oh ok i was gonna do 5% each but its more feasible to do 2.5 good stuff.

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
Yea, also I got this capture decive so my Vids come out way better than using my crappy webcam to record. Its a " Diamond one touch video capture VC500" They are like 40 bucks online but they kick so much azz for recording.
Oh nice. It's the USB one right?

My friend has that one, and I have the gamebridge and I think the diamond one touch is better.

Too bad you need to bring a VCR just to record. If someone would bring a laptop, it would be much easier.

Atire

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there. It's time to have some sexy lesbian samus dittos! :D

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
If you bring it let me know dark cause the set up of the place is a bit weird so i have to put that in a very specific area.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I am only bringing my VCR and my wii with the game. there is no point in it when I dont have a laptop. I am gonna record my matches with my VCR then upload them at home with my capture device.

Unrefined

Smash Journeyman
Gonna come to this, since TGP closed, gotta travel about. Bringing atleast 3.

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
I can bring 1-2 sets of component cables. Maybe even 3.

Hopefully it'll all work out, because I bought the component cables and they didn't work as well as I figured they would.

They got rid of some lag, but the lag left was noticeable enough to effect high level game play.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think it be best to test them before anything, also all TV's should be checked to make sure they dont lag nether.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
high level play in brawl does not need a laggless tv lets be serious here.

besides the component cables minimize the lag and what happens then.

each tv is the same type and brand so its useless to try each one.

beyond that the wii only supports 480p which is absolutely ******** because all hdtv standard resolution is...720p at this point.

to be honest just deal with it as i said in my OP i will have that resolved but it will take time.

jeez i get so annoyed at the lag *****ing...deal with it for now.

sorry but only people using marth really have an issue cause of the dancing blade besides that its fine. besides the game is too slow to require MVC2/Melee finger speed. Lag only affects those types of games I would know I made a giant post about all this last year that no one seemed to read.

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
Alright, seems fair if each TV is the same brand.

And it's not a problem if the lag is minimized. I'm just saying some people might be more cautious about playing in TV's with lag. Personally if the lag is low, it's not much of a problem for me.

I'll try to bring at least 2 cables and a copy of brawl. But if M2K shows up he's gonna ***** about the lag.

M2K : "**** I missed the D3 CG because the TV lag was 10MS"
Lol jk M2K you're not that gay.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Alright, seems fair if each TV is the same brand.

And it's not a problem if the lag is minimized. I'm just saying some people might be more cautious about playing in TV's with lag. Personally if the lag is low, it's not much of a problem for me.

I'll try to bring at least 2 cables and a copy of brawl. But if M2K shows up he's gonna ***** about the lag.

M2K : "**** I missed the D3 CG because the TV lag was 10MS"
Lol jk M2K you're not that gay.

if m2k complains i'll just laugh it off. I dont see why being a top player makes anyone better than the other. (though i know where he is going that weekend and its not to here) I guess i have dealt with being a top player in Halo and being a TO so long its all relative to me. Either way sorry if I got pissy I just hate when people do not read my OP where I clearly lay this all out.

bring component cables I am going to get the store to purchase 3-4 to help out a little bit. To be honest with the cables its next to perfectly fine.

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
if m2k complains i'll just laugh it off. I dont see why being a top player makes anyone better than the other. (though i know where he is going that weekend and its not to here) I guess i have dealt with being a top player in Halo and being a TO so long its all relative to me. Either way sorry if I got pissy I just hate when people do not read my OP where I clearly lay this all out.

bring component cables I am going to get the store to purchase 3-4 to help out a little bit. To be honest with the cables its next to perfectly fine.
It's all good lol. He's going to esticle right? If he came here he woulda got ***** anyway.
Oh and how many TV's is the store supplying?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Ok so here is the rundown of equipment that is needed and equipment I have provided for me by the store.

So far we have

8LCDS
5CRTS (provided by my friend Chris and PnT itself)
4 wii's ( Cris, Me, YRB, Vlad )
4 component cables ( me, Chris, 2 from the store )

we need

9 wiis
4 component cables

People who expressed bringing something in

False Soundz ( 2 component cables ) + brawl
Me buying 1-2 component cables
Chris buying 1-2 himself
Eli 1 component cable

Alright guys its up to you. You want this to go smoothly like you know it can be you have to bring setups and post up. From there I can get everything working 100%.

BTW as for chairs I myself + PnT are buying some folding chairs in the next week or so. With that each tv should have 2-4 chairs.

Thats all I guess. More hype and more help would be great.

BTW Noni come by Manhattan is not a bad place XD union square come on lol

HenryMartinez

Smash Cadet
I can bring my Wii and a copy of Brawl, but I have no component cables, but if all goes well in my financial situation I should be able to buy them for the sake of this tournament going well. Also, can we choose to play on tube televisions and LCD's?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well it is a choice w/i reason I will not hold up an ENTIRE tournament for people to play on CRTS. Just remember the venue fee will go towards purchasing more CRTS for the next tournament I do.

Top Bottom