• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot Walk (New AT)

sasook

Smash Champion
Interesting.....it's like an alternative method of pivot boosting. So now the question is which one is better?

sasook

Smash Champion
I dunno about faster, seems about the same speed if pivot boosting is done correctly, but from what I see and read, this looks to be easier. I'll have to try this out when I get a chance.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Sasook, this is easily better than Pivot Boosting.

I've tried it when it was just discovered hours ago. This has so much "pure sex" over it that Pivot F-tilts would become a standard.

D

Deleted member

Sasook, this is easily better than Pivot Boosting.

I've tried it when it was just discovered hours ago. This has so much "pure sex" over it that Pivot F-tilts would become a standard.
no just because of the pure reason that you have to hold A to perform it

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
You can just set one of your shoulder/Z buttons to attack and it works just fine.

All you really need is fast fingers, but Link is already an AT wh0r3, so this is pretty simple stuff, no?

D

Deleted member

i'm going to test this before i totally shoot it down

but i can almost guarantee this will be useless

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I can pull it off mid-match, and its on my mind more then a pivot boost. It makes me keep a bomb in my hand ( I always pull a bomb before doing this) and you can stop at any time and bombslide, etc.

Getting around without moving your feet is fun.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Hmmm, quite interesting. Im not entirely sure since I can't try this right now but it looks like Im not gonna mess up at linking pivot boosts together anymore.

I want to try this on my jab lock but this might make it harder so maybe I'll stick to this technique only for chaining pivot boosts (cause that's how it looks right now), Ill try this out tonight.

smashplaya

Smash Cadet
Can anyone play around with this:
Pull out your bomb and tap a dash in any direction.
Then after the initial dash just keep tapping down-c to do multiple short dashes.

I didn't make a video of this because I thought it would be easy to understand and if it proves to be of any usefulness at all someone else could make the video. If no one seems to think they're doing this right I'll just make the video instead. Not sure how well this could be used because I didn't experiment with it too much.

As for the new AT doop walk, I still find pivot boost to be more useful for Link.

D

Deleted member

just as i expected, this is another useless link AT lol

its too slow, thats probably the only reason why its unusable. i've compared it to the PB and CW and they are both better options than the doop walk. also don't try to say "doop walking makes you slide farther" because it doesnt, it moves you just as far as the PB. i tested the distance by standing on the outer left arrow on FD, zairing while holding forward and either doop walking or PB'ing into a ftilt. you end up in the center of FD everytime.

the only viable way to set up a doop walk is out of an aerial, meaning the zair, bair and nair. you can CW out of the bair and its much faster than doop walking so that kills off that aerial. PB'ing out of the zair is easy for me, so i won't be using it for the zair. i always run out of the nair or jab out of the nair so you won't be seeing me doop walking out of the nair.

its a fun technique, but its not as good of an option as the CW or PB

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
I think this is a good alternative, but not a better option. I can't evaluate it completely, but it looks really cool. It might be easier for those who fail at pivot boosting, but the button combination is too strange for me. I may add this to my guide, we'll se how the metagame advances.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Put R to attack, and slow it down. Then its just as good as Pivot Boosting xD

It's a lot about preference :3 I suck at pivot boosting... so this is great for me
I switch up "L" and "R" while I play and I can't part with either of them, thats probably why I don't like it... so yeah, it is about preference. *Adds Doop Walking to the ATs list*

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Well, it looks like it would come in handy. Definitely something worth knowing, maybe it can be utilized better when someone finds a great use for it.

I kind of hope it isn't super useful or anything, because wheras in Melee, characters wavedashed everywhere, in Brawl, everyones going to be spinning around, and the entire Brawl scene is going to turn into Beybladez.

Maybe not THAT important, but definitely something worth looking into. Nice.

SuSa

Well, it looks like it would come in handy. Definitely something worth knowing, maybe it can be utilized better when someone finds a great use for it.

I kind of hope it isn't super useful or anything, because wheras in Melee, characters wavedashed everywhere, in Brawl, everyones going to be spinning around, and the entire Brawl scene is going to turn into Beybladez.

Maybe not THAT important, but definitely something worth looking into. Nice.
ROFL!

the IC boards are already using it, and I'm working on getting the Link+Marth boards into it :3

(Also it's decently useful for DK :D)

Legan

Smash Lord
This technique is pure fail. Doop walking is easily the dumbest name they could have possibly came up with. There is absolutely no difference between multiple pivot boost and this technique.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
For me there's gonna be some scenarios where linking this would feel better (smoother and safer) than doing a PB.. I have Z to attack so it doesnt feel all that akward.

Still, I think PB is better, this might be a good alternative out of some attacks like I said though.

Deva

Smash Lord
I'm not seeing the difference between this and pivot boosting. Isn't it the same with a buffered in turn with the c-stick?

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
I'm not seeing the difference between this and pivot boosting. Isn't it the same with a buffered in turn with the c-stick?
It is the same as a pivot boost as far as I get, it's just that the button input is different and it makes it easier on some ppl as you dont have to tilt softly the stick to slide.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
It's the same as pivot boosting. And I'm already too used to tilting the control stick back and forth, so this holding A and tilting the C-stick thing seems harder. So I'll just stick to what I've been doing.

SuSa

Except you only have to tap the c-stick rather then move the analog stick

tl;dr

Link boards are basically the only ones who hate it

is everyone stupid? This had been known for like 7 months!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6jdzQteqiA
No, your just ********.

It is the same as a pivot boost as far as I get, it's just that the button input is different and it makes it easier on some ppl as you dont have to tilt softly the stick to slide.
Hence the name Pivot Walk.... hmm sounds a lot like Pivot boost ;)

It's the same as pivot boosting. And I'm already too used to tilting the control stick back and forth, so this holding A and tilting the C-stick thing seems harder. So I'll just stick to what I've been doing.
I still find this faster and easier, you can easily switch directions without losing any speed, less of a chance to mess it up, eh... guess I'm like the only Link to like it :psycho:

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
This is definitely easier, I'm loving this discovery as a Marth player and a Link player ^_^

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
awsome, lol new SSBB dance :laugh:. It seems a bit hard with C-stick and hold A. Too bad it dosnt work good with JP and D3

Top Bottom