• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Useless Chaingrab!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well I did this once, and only managed to do it twice that one time. However it's not a stretch to assume this can be done five times in a row, or four times when ended with a Smash.

Anyway to explain why it's useless. It required the perfection of my aptly codenamed: "Ultimate Arrow". Or as I'd like to call it now "Impossible Arrow". In a sense you're causing arrows to hit the opponent being thrown, back into grab range so you can grab again.

There's not much to describe here. The only things you need to know...

F-Throw is the best.
B-Throw works I THINK. Never tested it.
U-Throw has too much force and doesn't get slowed down.
D-Throw seems to have frames where opponent doesn't get knocked back.

You need to angle the Arrows so they come in in a straight line one after the other.
They need to be angled in a manner that will force them back to you, or at a high enough percentage just on the outter part of their body.

Here's the trickiest part. Arrow Sticking! And no I don't mean sticking an arrow to a corner or anything. No, this is the slight arrow movement caused by using the C-Stick. This is the exact method of a perfect Arrow Chaingrab.

Grab
Grab-Hit with Back on the C-Stick.
Throw Forward
Arrow Hits
REPEAT or End with Smash

Remember and movement on the Directional Stick. And any C-Stick movement adds very slight arrow turnage in that direction. Make sure to counter balance every movement made with C-Stick Grab-Hits.

It's very hard and therefore not feasible any time soon, or maybe ever. Just something fun and more then anything shows how we should never stop thinking of things we can do with Pit. This might seem next to impossible but so were most of the things we theorized and eventually managed to do habitually with Pit.

Oh and no video yet. Or again maybe ever. It took me six+ hours of practicing to do this once. In fact I know this because the entirety of my six hour video cassette I was recording on filled up while trying to record my progress.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
XD This has to be the hardest chaingrab ever invented :D

But cool, maybe it'll be useful when the godly pit player with an oversized brain and a missing corpus callosum (UndrDog?) picks up pit!

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
In melee new techs were rarely ever implemented imediately and took a while to accually come into competitive standard.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm getting better at it. I've been practicing it while waiting for Wifi opponents. I can thank Admiral for this. lol

Anyway it's not as hard if you just have confidence. I messed up often because I thought I had failed, just to find the arrows coming down perfectly after I break my concentration. I'll try to record it sometime soon but don't hold your breathes. This feels like something that I still haven't grasped well. And the fact that this is theoretically possible and I don't need to prove anything, I'm not exactly motivated. LOL

kown

Smash Lord
@Undr...sometimes i think you are the best pit...because you know arrows well...but than other times i think that your wasting your time...dont worry tho..i'm sure this will prove useful once you have mastered it.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
dear god....epic much

so no videos of failed attempts so we can get a better idea of the process?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Recoil that sig rocks.

I didn't think there would be this much interest in this. I'll try to get footage of me failing over and over. I've only practiced it on the "Waiting" stage. I'll jump into my custom stage sometime soon and get some footage.

And note, I don't think this is revolutionary by any means... No need to mention God Tiers. =P

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Recoil that sig rocks.

I didn't think there would be this much interest in this. I'll try to get footage of me failing over and over. I've only practiced it on the "Waiting" stage. I'll jump into my custom stage sometime soon and get some footage.

@ Undr thanks :D
@ kown lol thanks but i found the image off google haha >.<;

And note, I don't think this is revolutionary by any means... No need to mention God Tiers. =P
you never know yet :p

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I would try this, but it sounds ridiculously difficult. I'd rather just let someone else master it and pick it up when they can explain it to me. I'm countin on ya Undr lol

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I would too, but if it takes him 7 whole months then I'd have a better chance beating M2K with Bowser than mastering it haha.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
lol, this isn't useless just because it's hard. It's because you have to be able to grab your opponent at the exact right time, and unless your opponent WANTS to be grabbed, that's rarely going to happen. Every time you send out those arrows, you'd be holding up a huge "KAY IM GONNA GRAB U NOW LOL" sign.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
No, the seven months was for you lot to forget about this entirely. =P

But I'm not so sure it would be hard to get the grab. Shooting Arrows into the air like that is like painting a target on your chest. And since there's no immediate threat, an opponent without a decent projectile may approach you. Shield Grab any incoming attack and CONGRATULATIONS! Time to actually try this insane stunt. Granted if you actually do it or come close you will never get another chance against that opponent. But I think the trade-off for actually doing it is worth it.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Wait, so are you shooting the arrow, grabbing them, and then throwing them into the looped arrow for a regrab??? How would you chain this if you don't have any time to shoot another arrow to do another regrab?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It's one of those things that I might try and practice again if my I become proficient with arrows to the degree needed. Until then blah, t'aint worth it.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I might've already done it had my opponent not been Lucas. I think it was Lucis. Might've been Toon Link. Either way it was a small child and I failed to get the arrows in the right place. v_v Also it was in a match.

DominusHaven

Smash Cadet
2 weeks ago when I read this I thought this was impossible to use o_o, but I was a actually able to pull it off once somehow. Maybe as people develop more on Pit and can truly master his Arrow game this will become more used, or a new way of doing it can be found, overall is a nice thought though, I think you will be able to pull it off however, I've seen your skills.

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
nice idea though it takes lots of accuarcy and precisscion to do. Anyways this could work in a team battle, sorta maybe with 2 people its easier. Also to take note that if pit ever appears in another smash bros installment, his arrows will probably be easier to loop and therefroe make this technqiue more accescible.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
2 weeks ago when I read this I thought this was impossible to use o_o, but I was a actually able to pull it off once somehow. Maybe as people develop more on Pit and can truly master his Arrow game this will become more used, or a new way of doing it can be found, overall is a nice thought though, I think you will be able to pull it off however, I've seen your skills.
there is a much easier and safer way of doing the same goal though in a 2player(killing them).
just alternate grab release. for instance I grab and plummel and when hes relesed from the ground u grab him and plummel. its a true infinite. however not all characters can do this because they might force a jump release. Pit luckily is not one of them

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
If it's one of my threads then it's ok to bump it. It's in the rules.

Top Bottom