• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Moveset Discussion! [Currently: F-smash]

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Dsmash is a decent Pit KO move, and is performed slower than metagay's Dsmash, which actually can be a good thing, if the 2nd hit hits the sidesteppers. If Shielded, you're in trouble

Esca

Smash Champion
Dsmash is okay. I use it as more of a punish-ment method, than as a kill move. It's far more DI-able than his fsmash, therefore it's better used for punishment. It's not really too good for koing if your playing anyone who can DI.

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
If i'm not mistaken the first hit, (frontal) is actually more powerful and deadlier. Depending where Pit is facing the back slash still does some damage but lower launch force.

I would suggest applying Angel step + Dsmash for a little sliding D-smash, works wonders, seriously (ok just a bit).

Esca

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, another one of Esca's random knowledge's.

Pit's 2nd hit of dsmash combos into fsmash on every mid-heavy character under 20%. For every light character, it combos under 10%

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Dsmash
Very quick attack (as fast as jab attack) and is the very bread and butter for Pit's punishment game. Sets enough knockback to go for edge guards afterwards and can be a good back up kill move if you are the offensive type (since you won't be punishing as often). The back swipe is good for chaining into a fsmash but in my opinion, the back swipe's mediocre shield push makes it easy to OoS punishment so I would recommend a turn around jab infinite rather than dsmash for roll punishing.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
D smash huh, i use it as a punish tool, as well as a killing move at places where the kill zone is close to the stage, such as norfair or.......... well just norfair.

Dsmash can hit twice at low percentage if your in jiggly rest range.

I think it can also poke under shields too, but i doubt it

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
What are we talking about next Fsmash?
we are going to be talking about f-smash next then u-smash then will start with back throw, down throw, forward throw, up throw and then we will do specials with up-b down-b forward-b and neutral-b

it can poke sheilds if spaced correctly it can also make people trip at low percentage

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
A property I want to emphasize is that it hits TWICE if the opponent is right next to you at fairly low percentages. This gives you another excuse to use it to punish dodging as it hits in front, behind and directly on you even if they spot-dodge the first hit. Psy.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Dsmash unlike Fsmash hits your opponent horizontally, this means that if your opponent is close to the edge and you Dsmash them you have a fairly good chance at gimping if they don't have a very good recovery (characters like Olimar or the Space Animals).
The first is a fairly good killing move but the second hit is more like Dtilt, so you could follow up with an Uair or something like.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Dsmash is a good Pit KO move, but can be punished a bit. Pretty decent against opponents who hold the ledge for too long, i guess.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I use it WAY too much, I jsut smash too much as pit lol, I need to use his tilts more.

anyways onto discussion. Pits Down smash is good. It's got good range on the first hit and good KO power.

Polar Bear

Smash Rookie
I find the Dsmash to be one of Pit's better punishing moves. Its range exceeds his Fsmash's by a noticeable amount and can be a starting point to get your opponent up above you for aerial follow ups.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
im giving my 2 cents

this is my main ko move it kos almost as early as f-smash (maebe 10% difference)
sends them in a lower angle ill discuss it more on next moveset discussion because this and f-smash kinda go together for me

Coffee™

I need it....
You should update this. It doesn't take too long to post a picture and edit your thread title.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
For me it's the 3rd best pit's KO.
While you're learning you'll notice that FSmash cannot save you all the time. And for that, DSmash works really good at high %s.

DSmash is also highly conected with bair, witch you can use it with a mind game to get better gimp positions x)

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
i updated it are you happy now R@yvn

also i dont really go on the pit boards as much as i used to so i decided to give this thread up to whomever msgs me and have it be someone i think i could trust (someone who has been around before 09 who im familiar with

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
One of Pit's major KO moves, maxing out at 19 damage without being charged. This would be important for a Pit to keep this fresh considering how Pit lacks good KO power.
The double hit of this can be good against certain opponents, but Pit may occasionally can be capable of getting grabbed between the double hit of this move.
It also makes up the 2nd part of the 0-30 (roughly depending on how fresh the moves are) F-throw to Stutterstep Fsmash.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
Probably already been stated, but isnt pits Fsmash the fastest in the game?

I really should use mine less, I tend to spam it at close range and save Dsmash and Bair for kills. Not real smart of me probably.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
im back to playing pit so heres my 2 cents

f-smash is rediculously fast (comes out on frame 6 if im not mistaken) and has good ko power but personally i use f-smash for racking up damage and use d-smash or bair for killing

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
I am going to postpone advancement of this thread while I concentrate on finishing my guide, which uses and elaborates on information posted here in a moveset analysis, so that we dont not find ourselves repeating obvious information over and over again. Once the guide is completed I will revamp and run this thread again so we can discuss the moveset in a more thoughtful manner. If a moderator needs to lock it that's fine with me. (Though I guess it's not really necessary.)

veteran of smash bros

Smash Rookie
My gameplay as pit against my friends

Whenever I use Pit my friends get pissed because I'm good at curving arrows. I say let em' Pit is an awesome character.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Whenever I use Pit my friends get pissed because I'm good at curving arrows. I say let em' Pit is an awesome character.
And this has to do with the topic how again? And did that have to be ur first post in a dead topic... ON THE PIT BOARDS!?

Ugh, we're going to have to cancel the Move discussion for now. Our main priorities atm should be Matchup discussions and Non-AT topics of which we need to learn the basics.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
lol @ Admiral repeatedly trying to slight me everywhere.

I already said I was canceling the moveset discussion while I complete a guide with a moveset analysis. For your information there is no shame or detriment to the Pit boards to have both a thread like this and Matchup threads going on at the same time; there's no rule saying people post in one thread and say they're done for the day, so why you comment on this at all confuses me. Moveset discussions can be very fruitful to players if people contribute to the discussion, just as in matchup threads.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The lack of contribution is the problem around the Pit boards. The things I really only see around is some ppl making threads that may involve Pit ATs (most commonly Arrow loops), which do not benefit the other Pits, even though I do it, OR questions about Pit, few still related to ATs. Our practical problem is the Matchup discussion which we need to proceed with.
As I am trying to build up a new matchup discussion with representative support, we still have to proceed and focus on many topics.
These topics would be:

-Matchup Discussion: Pit players need to learn the matchups so they can handle the opponents easier than they would without experience.

-Moveset Discussion: I did somewhat underestimate this, or I was trying to compete with u after what u did to me in the chat, casting me aside for trying to defend myself from troll problems, which I am now to apologize now that I get along with Lust, thanks to an earlier event.
The Pit players need to know how and when to use the moves, etc.

I could not think of something else at thjs time, but regardless. All the support will be needed to bring the Pit boards back on top, which includes having some contributions from veteran Pits like Rogue and Sage.

Top Bottom