• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Moveset Discussion! [Currently: F-smash]

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I forgot to mention that F-tilt outprioritizes another Pit's Angel Ring really well. So the next time you face a spammy Pit with Angel Rings, give him an F-tilt. It also works on another Pit's spinning Bow jab. That's probably the use for F-tilt in a Pitto match.

Twin_Scimitar

Smash Cadet
F-tilt is one of those moves that's not really standard for me, but since I've been trying to mix up my game I'll use it occasionally.

I guess something I like it for is if your in neutral position spacing with your opponent. To mix up your counters to their approach, throw out a f-tilt, as the range can often get them on a SH aerial or something. I'm not great, but it's something that works out for me. Obviously not something to use against G&W, and risky against Marth/Metaknight/anyone with exceptional range (In the above situation anyways).

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
ftilt is a pretty sick move to use in coordination with an arrow chase and i enjoy using it to out distance some of the shorter range smashes, like lucas's stick, you end up jsut out of range of it and then can poke him before he can shield again (friend mains lucas, know the matchup inside and out)

oh and mreh, do you happen to be canadian?

madival

Smash Cadet
its officially down tilt now discussion for d tilt starts below this line
Great and fun attack. Most infamous for the spike it can perfom when done on the ledge. otherwise its not to special when it is put up against the other tils. still a blast to use sometimes; however, I findmyself using front tilt more the Dtilt.

Coffee™

I need it....
Great and fun attack. Most infamous for the spike it can perfom when done on the ledge. otherwise its not to special when it is put up against the other tils. still a blast to use sometimes; however, I findmyself using front tilt more the Dtilt.
Dtilt is Pit's best Tilt.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
No, I dont use Pit. Pit is my punching bag. ^^
Dont spam on the Pit boards.... Not saying you are.... yet, just dont do it.

Anyways, D-tilt is an essential move to Pit. The move is quick, does a decent amount of damage and is often used to launch the opponent in the air. Pit excels quite well when he's below his opponent, and D-tilt sets up this situation. A Pit can quickly go to U-air with this.
D-tilt also has a somewhat good range, good enough to slightly poke through another Pit's angel ring and hit him directly.

D-tilt is also a secret Spiking move for Pit.
The hitbox for this is Pit's Body right where his feet are. This is best set up against opponents hanging on the ledge. Even though not all opponents can be spiked while they're on the ledge, but it is perhaps the best setup you're goin to get. You can hope you're opponent will try to come up from the ledge (not the "Get up from the ledge" animation one) then you can knock them down with great force. No character should be able to live after 40%+ but ROB can practically survive this D-tilt spike the most due to recovery capabilities.
Thankfully Pit cant be spiked while he's hanging on the ledge ^_^

Note: D-tilt may play an important role against a Zelda, considering how she's vulnerable a bit in the air, especially above Pit and his U-airs.
Overall, a great move with many good roles.

rinoH

Smash Lord
dtilt is great and when i play admiral i always get spiked -_- when i jump up from the ledge oh and its very quick
setups:
dtilt>utilt
dtilt>Uair
jab>jab>dtilt

LoveChrist

Smash Cadet
I personally love dtilt. It allows you to screw up spacing soo much! Mainly because; 1) Its spammable, 2) It has Deceiving range, 3) It comes out quickly. Some combos can result from dtilt also.

Coffee™

I need it....
The hitbox for this is Pit's Body right where his feet are. This is best set up against opponents hanging on the ledge.
The hitbox for the spike is a bit further out than this. Pit's feet do not have to be touching or over the opponent for Dtilt to spike

Afropony

Smash Lord
dtilt is great and when i play admiral i always get spiked -_- when i jump up from the ledge oh and its very quick
setups:
dtilt>utilt
dtilt>Uair
jab>jab>dtilt
Also use jab infinte and keep tapping A while holding down and it will go straight into a Dtilt

Jab infinite>Dtilt

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Dtilt is Pit's best Tilt.
imma have to disagree with this, at lower percentages it is by all means true, since it pops them into optimal combo range but once you get to where you just want to kill them, i find ftilt to have the right trajectory angle and power to take care of the KO's

Coffee™

I need it....
imma have to disagree with this, at lower percentages it is by all means true, since it pops them into optimal combo range but once you get to where you just want to kill them, i find ftilt to have the right trajectory angle and power to take care of the KO's
Ftilt is situational in general and is especially situational as far as scoring KOs is concerned. In the end Dtilt is still Pits best tilt and almost unarguably one of his top 3 moves.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Ftilt is situational in general and is especially situational as far as scoring KOs is concerned. In the end Dtilt is still Pits best tilt and almost unarguably one of his top 3 moves.
hmm it may be situational but those situations arent too hard to bring up, namely arrow chasing, i cant count the number of times someone has spotdodged my arrow only to eat an ftilt. i may be wrong though

roughly what percentage does dtilt kill at?

SSD

Smash Journeyman
roughly what percentage does dtilt kill at?
lots.

But it doesn't need to be a kill move to be a good move. Ftilt is stronger, has more range, but it's SLOW. It hits on frame 14, while Dtilt hits on frame 6. That's a huge difference.

Dtilt is amazing. Range is longer than Fsmash, and it's not that much slower. It launches upwards, and sets up for fun strings at low percentages. At higher percentages, it doesn't quite kill, but you can always just jump up after them and go for more hits.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Don't kill with your Dtilt. Save your Fsmash and Bair for that.
or your ftilt which is what im arguing, haha

dtilt is a great combo move im not arguing that i just wouldnt call it pits best tilt, maybe when the other character is anywhere from 0-60 it is but i prefer ftilt after that and i find utilt situations to pop up much more often the dtilt situartions

oh and SSD there are certain chars you dont want to pop up in the air because chasing them normlaly just leads to pain, TL, Lucario and G&W come to mind

so sure if you are playin a char with a semi weak aerial game then dtilt raeps, snake can be air raeped but against other chars all it is is some quick damage

Coffee™

I need it....
or your ftilt which is what im arguing, haha

dtilt is a great combo move im not arguing that i just wouldnt call it pits best tilt, maybe when the other character is anywhere from 0-60 it is but i prefer ftilt after that and i find utilt situations to pop up much more often the dtilt situartions
Ftilt is simply your preference. That doesn't mean its better.

oh and SSD there are certain chars you dont want to pop up in the air because chasing them normlaly just leads to pain, TL, Lucario and G&W come to mind
Nothing is wrong with chasing any of these characters in the air. G&W can be a bit problematic at times but you shouldn't have any big issues following up on TL or Lucario after a Dtilt.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Ftilt is simply your preference. That doesn't mean its better.
hmm maybe so, id just people rather not discard ftilt completely

Nothing is wrong with chasing any of these characters in the air. G&W can be a bit problematic at times but you shouldn't have any big issues following up on TL or Lucario after a Dtilt.
G&W will turtle or brick or key you to death
Toon Link will either rapid B or F air you, or if you come from below, Dair you
Lucario's Fair comes out unbelievably quick and he can almost aerial chain them or switch it up with his Nair, and if you come from below he will use his Dair which is pretty sick and a big damager for Lucario (i second him, his aerials are vury good)

Coffee™

I need it....
hmm maybe so, id just people rather not discard ftilt completely
Its not that people discard it completely. Its that people need to know when to use it. Situations where Ftilt is the optimal / best choice arise very seldomly.

G&W will turtle or brick or key you to death
Toon Link will either rapid B or F air you, or if you come from below, Dair you
Lucario's Fair comes out unbelievably quick and he can almost aerial chain them or switch it up with his Nair, and if you come from below he will use his Dair which is pretty sick and a big damager for Lucario (i second him, his aerials are vury good)
You realise the opponent is going to be ascending upwards when you use Dtilt right? If G&W immediately Dairs / Nairs / Fairs, Lucario Fairs or TL Fairs / Bairs they should not hit you. If they are hitting you then you're doing something wrong.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Its not that people discard it completely. Its that people need to know when to use it. Situations where Ftilt is the optimal / best choice arise very seldomly.

hmmm i guess it depends on your playstyle, but i find myself ftilting more then dtilting, maybe its cause i always play a fsmash happy lucas

You realise the opponent is going to be ascending upwards when you use Dtilt right? If G&W immediately Dairs / Nairs / Fairs, Lucario Fairs or TL Fairs / Bairs they should not hit you. If they are hitting you then you're doing something wrong.
im not talking about immediately (well accept G&W, he can immediately key an escape with little to no damage since his key is just plain old ridiculous), im saying when you go to chase them after a dtilt you will end up taking more damage then you give, due to the high priority and low start up/cool down time of their aerials

Coffee™

I need it....
im not talking about immediately (well accept G&W, he can immediately key an escape with little to no damage since his key is just plain old ridiculous), im saying when you go to chase them after a dtilt you will end up taking more damage then you give, due to the high priority and low start up/cool down time of their aerials
If you get hit by your opponent after your own Dtilt then that is your fault as a player. You have more options to punish you that they do in this situation. If you end up taking more damage than you give, then you are doing something wrong.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
If you get hit by your opponent after your own Dtilt then that is your fault as a player. You have more options to punish you that they do in this situation. If you end up taking more damage than you give, then you are doing something wrong.
haha how would i be doing something wrong? all im saying is that certain characters are easier to fight while they are on the ground since their aerials are better then pits
I dont see how thats even arguable, it is simply unintelligent to approach certain characters from below, just like its not smart for pit to come from directly above, unless you are feinting into a bair or fair, or a winglunge

LoveChrist

Smash Cadet
Yeah you can always play mindgames. For example, the first time I dtilt them, I'll rush them right after into a uair or bair. The second time, they may suspect this and lets say I was playing a GW. Right after my second dtilt, theyd probably dair. If I predict this right I may be able to punish them. This situation is even easier to punish your opponent against someone using TL. Because there is a lot of frames after his dair.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
D-tilt, depending on your style, can be both good and bad. For people who generally are on the offensive, this move is truly terrible. For people who generally play defensively and punish, it's very good. Reasons:

Offensive:
This move, thought fast during start up, doesn't necessarily work in combos involving you doing constant barrages of multi-hit moves and low knockback combos because of it's ending lag. What an offensive Pit has to have to keep combos going is the momentum advantage, where they keep the opponent in the defensive or in a shield. This is why people tend to use moves that flow easily or can be spaced away in the air, moves like bair (because it's amazing), fair (spacing tool and you can retreat in the air afterwards if you hit a shield), nair (eats shields and can follow up to uptilt ot shield poke), and rising dair (hard for opponent to punish even when shielding it) while the opponent is on the ground. By using d-tilt while on the offensive while the opponent is on the ground, you are probably going to hit a shield with it and get punished because of d-tilt's low shield push and ending lag since you can't move while using it to space away from punishment and it's hitbox is rather small making it somewhat situational.

Defensive: If you are the one going against someone with momentum advantage, d-tilt out of a shield is pretty good (spotdodges take to long to punish out of if someone is comboing on you because they would shield before you would finish spotdodging since good combo attacks have little ending lag after the hitbox is out generally and if they go through you while spotdodging, turning around to dtilt would take too long and you would probrably miss the dtilt if you buffered one since you have to wait for Pit to fully turn around). It allows for a good set-up for an aerial combo if it connects and could help make the opponent lose their momentum advantage this way.

madival

Smash Cadet
glide attack is iffy for me. It is to telegraphed for me. It is just annoying to conect. In a 4 person game it does ok, but not well enough. graet priority and does the same knock back as the D air but ten times more telegraphed

Top Bottom