• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit....has he changed?

kown

Smash Lord
so ive been out for a couple of months...I need someone to fill me in?

Who is really the best pit in America?
Ive heard that pits metagame still hasnt changed.
Ive heard that nothing "intresting or new" has been found.
Any random glitches or tricks that I should know of?

...Ive been out since August, so anything after that...fill me in!!! especially drama...im sure skor has gotten into many fights since ive been gone.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Koolaid is our best Pit player atm. Vex just started maining Pit a month ago. He was an already talented player, but he is not the best because he doesn't have the experience w/ Pit as Koolaid does. There has not been many new discoveries, and Pit's metagame is still evolving slowly.

Koolaid has won 2 tournaments in the past month. He placed top 5 @ a recent NY tournament with top players(Ally, Anti, Atomsk, Fatal, Bizkit). Vex also placed top 5 @ Ktar w/ Pit/Bowser.

Coffee™

I need it....
Ally is the best pit. He beat me in a pit ditto so therefore he is the best pit. So... Yea

Suyon

Smash Lord
And I haven't even seen you in my own state when I've been to Columbus, Springfield, Cincinnati and Ohio University and I've been down south like 10 times already coming from Cleveland.

But yeah nothing's changed that much. Just having more social talk it seems. Also I still don't care about who's the best Pit because I think it doesn't matter if Pit's metagame didn't improve at all significantly. It is clear that Koolaid is placing well and doing well. Vex is just beginning and doing very well. Other than that not much.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
its obviously kool aid. hes the only actual good pit. everyone else is way behind including vex.

Coffee™

I need it....
its obviously kool aid. hes the only actual good pit. everyone else is way behind including vex.
You are very very wrong about that. Kool aid is the best Pit player in most peoples eyes atm because he is placing decently, but in NE where he plays noone really knows that matchup well aside from probably fatal and in that one Viridian he placed well it was mostly vs characters where pit has a really good matchup. No offense to kool aid. He's definitely pretty good but I think people are overhyping him too much.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
nope. he proved hes good by coming into the toughest region and placing 5th in a very hard tourney recently

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
And I haven't even seen you in my own state when I've been to Columbus, Springfield, Cincinnati and Ohio University and I've been down south like 10 times already coming from Cleveland.

But yeah nothing's changed that much. Just having more social talk it seems. Also I still don't care about who's the best Pit because I think it doesn't matter if Pit's metagame didn't improve at all significantly. It is clear that Koolaid is placing well and doing well. Vex is just beginning and doing very well. Other than that not much.
I take it you live in Cleveland? I haven't been to many tournaments so it's no wonder you haven't seen me, I was just talking trash. We should play sometime, I think I'm going to the OUGA's next tourney.

Coffee™

I need it....
nope. he proved hes good by coming into the toughest region and placing 5th in a very hard tourney recently
Idk about best reigon but from what I'm seeing he is mostly getting by on people not knowing the matchup. I'm not generally one to post about reigon bias but I do think he was in fl he wouldn't do nearly as well as he is atm.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Ian i thought you knew. I retired in August at SNES.

Also hands down Vex is the best :D.

and koolaid isn't random, he's been here for a while.
I remember our first match on GBs :p

north atl > South atl.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i have a friend who played koolaid at the tourney were he got 5th and he told me his mind games made it so he had no idea what he was going to do. koolaid is legit and gets my vote for best pit.

also if he is doing well in his region by now more people should know how to fight pit so saying people don't know the MU is wrong.

look R@vyn if you think you are the best pits thats fine in fact thats a good mentality but until u start proving it you have to accept people saying koolaid is better then u. its like on the ROB boards people were saying the best ROB main in NY is CJT and even through i think i might be better i accept it b/c i have not been going to tourneys recently and people don't know how good i am. so prove he is not the best or just take it till u can prove it.

Also i am sure VEX is good as pit but its still to soon to say he is the best plus koolaid has won a tourney so that gives him a boost

Coffee™

I need it....
i have a friend who played koolaid at the tourney were he got 5th and he told me his mind games made it so he had no idea what he was going to do. koolaid is legit and gets my vote for best pit.

also if he is doing well in his region by now more people should know how to fight pit so saying people don't know the MU is wrong.

look R@vyn if you think you are the best pits thats fine in fact thats a good mentality but until u start proving it you have to accept people saying koolaid is better then u. its like on the ROB boards people were saying the best ROB main in NY is CJT and even through i think i might be better i accept it b/c i have not been going to tourneys recently and people don't know how good i am. so prove he is not the best or just take it till u can prove it.

Also i am sure VEX is good as pit but its still to soon to say he is the best plus koolaid has won a tourney so that gives him a boost
Lol I don't care if people think I'm the best Pit or not. I just don't like it when people say things and base them off few or poor examples.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Lol I don't care if people think I'm the best Pit or not. I just don't like it when people say things and base them off few or poor examples.
yea but so few people play pit and due well with him u almost have to say kool aid is the best pit. Also who do u think is the best pit?

note: were u serious when u wrote ally is the best pit b/c he beat u? if so that would mean u think u were the best pit which led me to believe u wanted people to believe u were the best.

Coffee™

I need it....
yea but so few people play pit and due well with him u almost have to say kool aid is the best pit. Also who do u think is the best pit?

note: were u serious when u wrote ally is the best pit b/c he beat u? if so that would mean u think u were the best pit which led me to believe u wanted people to believe u were the best.
Lol of course I wasn't serious about Ally and I don't care if people think I'm the best or not. As from what I've seen recently from Pit players I'd say Danny is probably the best Pit atm, but you don't know him because you don't live here in FL and Danny isn't amazingly active in tournies. (However when he used to go regularly he consistently placed top 1-3 with many other players that you mgiht have heard of like Seibrik and Afro Thundah) However if you ask anyone from FL that has played him or seen him play they would probably say the same thing.

As I said Kool Aid is the best Pit in the publics eyes at the moment and if they choose to believe he is the best based on his results then it is their right to do so but based on what I've heard and seen I personally don't think he is.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
lmao at florida being better than atlantic north. gimme some of that crack your smoking plz

CO18

Smash Hero
lmao at florida being better than atlantic north. gimme some of that crack your smoking plz
What is so funny about the truth? lol naw jk we're obviously not better than the entire atlantic north but we're better than any individual state in the atlantic north ;)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
What is so funny about the truth? lol naw jk we're obviously not better than the entire atlantic north but we're better than any individual state in the atlantic north ;)
lol at u saying florida is better then NY or NJ

CO18

Smash Hero
lol noone knows about fl. we hardly ever post results or have brackets so its not surprising. but theyll know when they come here and get owned ;)

Master Raven

Smash Master
also Norway and Sweden together are the closest you can get to an actual ****-shaped piece of land >_> <_<

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
REGION FIGHTS

NEBRASKA *****ES

Every night after the farmwork's done, we all gather round in the barn and play Smash Bros at a level sought by even the gods.

I know this cow who's got a beast Diddy. Bessie can throw naners like no one's business.

Naw, I'm pretty sure you could fit every competitive player in my state into a short school bus.

Top Bottom