• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit....has he changed?

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Well well... returning to the main porpose of this thread...

You should look into Jab to Dash Grab. It seems to be getting better every time i look into.
And Full hoped spaced aerial to WoI (for timming) and punishing with anything.

That's something that pits are now looking into.
And I'm the best pit. STFO everyone _o)

[<o>] Brazil \o/ [<o>]

Albert.

Smash Master
Idk about best reigon but from what I'm seeing he is mostly getting by on people not knowing the matchup. I'm not generally one to post about reigon bias but I do think he was in fl he wouldn't do nearly as well as he is atm.
Hi I spend time in Both New England for college and SoFla for home, I was at those New England tourneys and Winterfest. I've seen your Pit and I've seen KoolAid's. I also watch vids of all the other Pits and I secondary Pit. I believe all of that gives me enough grounds to make my own opinion that I'll post here:

KoolAid is DEF the best Pit. R@vyn your pit is nice and campy but KoolAid seriously wrecks **** up north and is like the only Pit I've ever seen that has a good, solid approach and offensive game.

Who would you put in his place? Vex practically planks. His Pit is very good but when it comes down to it he loses to players/ characters that can overcome his campy-ghey-goodness

btw Florida would wreck New England in a crew battle. xDDD

I <3 both regions!!

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
i could care less if im best or not .. at least im making money :D

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
also i forfieted at that NY tourney. i could of gotten higher :D

Coffee™

I need it....
KoolAid is DEF the best Pit. R@vyn your pit is nice and campy but KoolAid seriously wrecks **** up north and is like the only Pit I've ever seen that has a good, solid approach and offensive game.
Pit isn't an offensive character + brawl is not really a game based on offense. You can get away being offensive with Pit vs some characters but other characters that have strong defensive games like D3, ICs and Snake if he so chooses you're probably gonna get ***** for doing it. I don't agree with how Kool Aid plays but he's pretty fun to watch lol.

btw Florida would wreck New England in a crew battle. xDDD
Yup :p

CO18

Smash Hero
Im actually the best pit cuz I picked him up 2 days ago. Id 3 stock koolaid. I developed a new technique where you can use your wings to automatically push ppl into the blastzone and die.

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
Im actually the best pit cuz I picked him up 2 days ago. Id 3 stock koolaid. I developed a new technique where you can use your wings to automatically push ppl into the blastzone and die.

its true

:(

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
Pit isn't an offensive character + brawl is not really a game based on offense. You can get away being offensive with Pit vs some characters but other characters that have strong defensive games like D3, ICs and Snake if he so chooses you're probably gonna get ***** for doing it. I don't agree with how Kool Aid plays but he's pretty fun to watch lol.
]

i don't like playing gay and campy. i always wanted to show people that you don't need to shoot 20 arrows in a row to play pit. I notice alot of people like my playstyle .. maybe they can add on to it. =D. ive notice about 100 new pits since i became top

Coffee™

I need it....
]

i don't like playing gay and campy. i always wanted to show people that you don't need to shoot 20 arrows in a row to play pit. I notice alot of people like my playstyle .. maybe they can add on to it. =D. ive notice about 100 new pits since i became top
I hear ya. I tried to play like that at first but people in my reigon just adapted to it and I started getting punished for my trying to go offensive all the time. I'd rather not play like this all the time which is also why I play MK :) but imo the route with Pit is probably better spent pressing B.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Florida lost all rights to call them the best of anything after GS2S.

Anyway I feel like I should say I'm the best because it would be totally awesome. But I suppose to be honest I'd have to say Vex. I've seen too little of Kool to make a good call on him. However I still think Rouge is up there retired or not.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tourneyplay That's the closest i have to recent vids. Not too many of my singles matches were recorded, I wasn't able to get the match of me vs nerd which was the highlight of that tournament for me (I took a stock off falco when he was at 0% and I was 180, I lived till 230 :) ) I'm trying to post more recent matches as soon as I get recordings. There's good doubles sets in there if anyone is trying to learn how to play pit in doubles (I won the doubles tournament vs felix and nerd in finals) Overall I placed 5th in singles. I should have beaten valdens though. Unlucky SD cost me the set :(

There's A couple things I've noticed having to do with pits metagame. And if anyone has watched masashi lately he's a good example. Reverse b arrows are an effective way to keep distance. Angel ring is good to use when landing on the ground (the way masashi uses it, I need to learn that). One thing he doesnt do that I think is good is using WoI while in the air. It stalls to throw off timing, you can maneuver behind the shield, and you can pivot in air easily.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
We should probably define "Common Knowledge" a bit. I'm not so sure ART is common knowledge outside the Pit forum. I've never even gotten the ART down pat to be truthful. Wish I could though, but the timing is pwning me big time.

EDIT: lol thanks guys. Just joking around though. ^_^

Top Bottom