• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pink Shinobi is one of the best peaches in the world

forkgirl

Smash Lord
That is a pretty biased statement based on your experience with one player. I've played Xelic and definitely don't agree with your opinion at all. I doubt many people would outside of your area.

And by the words "based on results from last year" what you really mean is "based on what happened at Georgia" because that is where Xelic shined OOS. Other than that, its really difficult to base these statements on anything else, considering what the last year has been like for melee vets.
Xelic placed 7th in Georgia (eliminating Vidjo), and 5th at FAST.

darkatma

Smash Hero
I would love to be in a big tournament, and have my entire pool be Peach mains. she's like the perfect character to combo.
Dude that would be awesome for me too
Sheik vs Peach matchup combos work so well

Also, California players don't know how to travel LOLLLL
So, the world will never know how good or bad SS or Pinkshinobi are

I heard SS ***** in teams though. I should make one of those in the falcon section

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Vidjo camps when he has to and he is so precise. His spacing is probably the best I've seen from any other Peach's.

Um, Cali does know how to travel, WTF?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Considering that Paul STARTED in 2007, I'd say that yes, he is.
Considering that there are some good smashers who started in 2007 like Hbox (I am pretty sure) that is a little strong to say.

NESNoob is a really good 2007 smasher. NESNoob vs Shinobi for title of best 2007 smasher!!
I loled. I suck at smash bros, plus Hbox would make a more worthy candidate unless I am wrong of when he started....

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Also, California players don't know how to travel LOLLLL
So, the world will never know how good or bad SS or Pinkshinobi are
pink shinobi's ranked 1st in norcal
SS is 2nd... who cares about the rest of the world?!

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Xelic is NOT the second best Peach. As far as Peach mains go, he's probably 3rd IMO. First and Second is between Vidjo and Cort. Probably Cort. More active and more consistent.

But Xelic is NOT better than Vidjo. He did exceptionally well at Georgia and at Fast. But beating Vidjo ONCE doesn't mean much. And let's just assume that Xelic can beat Vidjo consistenly (highly, HIGHLY doubt it), it just means he's better in the ditto match up than Vidjo. Vidjo is better vs other characters no doubt.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
If you're using activity and consistency for determining rankings, then Xelic should be above Vidjo. He's been to more bigger tournaments in the past year AND beat him in a head to head. He's also better at the Marth matchup than Vidjo, and just destroyed Dope who Vidjo has had trouble with in the past.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Um, Cali does know how to travel, WTF?
Only mango and only rarely

Like at NUB we had 2 teams names just for mango
1. Norcal still has the best puff
2. Mango's bus

who else travels? (who's good)

Out of all the west coast forward was the best at traveling

there are a lot of Falcon players that excel in teams compared to their singles play. and Vice-versa.
yeah but I heard SS was one of the few that were good at both.
In fact, we're sorely lacking good falcons nationwide D:
SS and Darkrain are the only names nowadays

back on topic,
I haven't seen Xelic's peach in a while. DoH's peach is sexy especially in teams
Vanz beats Eggm (welll dunno about now) Cort needs to travel more again
and kirbstir has not commented since I last mentioned his name
lollll

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I'm pretty much amazing all around, I believe slikvik refers to my peach as gay

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
this thread is lolworthy. watching people defending their regions in melee sort of makes me happy, though :D

for what it's worth i'm a joint representative of new england and the southwest and so hopefully have as little bias as possible but...
to anyone selling xelic short, i don't know whether to be angry or to pity you :\ and i don't know of any other peach that is on that same level.

also, random thing i saw, but for what it's worth i would say vanz is not actually that much lower than chris and landon. been a while since i played him and i was a little nublet but yeh.

edit: lol, i mean kos-mos and DoH XD

JFox

Smash Hero
I think when you just experience first hand playing Xelic, Cort, and Vidjo, you would get a very good idea of who belongs where. You just feel it when you play them. (I've played both Cort and Vidjo in just friendlies, and Xelic in tournament at Georgia)

Cort is like a peach with AR skills, hes always doing everything so precisely and without mistake, including his DI, smash DI, edgegaurds, combos, etc. He has a **** ton of experience so he definitely knows the right way to play in virtually every matchup.

Vidjo is just so **** smart. This guy is always three steps ahead of you. Its like he sees the game in slow motion. He plays ultra patient, never misses an opportunity, spaces to the tee, and once he has you, your probably losing that stock. He knows every trick in the book, and uses them all as if they're second nature. He knows what your gonna do, always. His technical skill isn't fast as lightning, but has control and ability to perform every move correctly without any error is perfect.

When I played Xelic, he actually felt like fighting a normal human being. He was a **** good player, but I didn't feel as if he was an untouchable. He was smarter than the average player, had tons of experience, but in the end he just seemed like a good peach, well rounded peach. But still does have normal human errors, doesn't know exactly what the opponent is doing every step of the way, and even falls for some tricks here and there. For the most part, hes going to outsmart you, and he plays safe and smart enough to make it difficult to find an opening, so in the end he usually has you beat. Did he impress me? Sure. But I can see myself reaching that level some day, whereas I can't ever dream of reaching the level of Cort or Vidjo. They are just unreal to me.

Maybe these are just my impressions. Maybe you disagree with judging a player based on personal experience with that player. Fine. But taking a very small amount of tournament results, and trying to use that as proof is also a very poor way of judging who is best. Both Cort and Vidjo have been quite inactive for the past year. Prior to brawl, they have a ton of accomplishments that remain unmatched by the rest of the peach community. I refuse to negate those accomplishments, and make judgments based off of two tournaments.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Here's one of my favorite stories -

2nd pool of teams at pound 3, me and g-reg beat tope + hugs, dope + darkrain, barely lost to drephen + bushman, then we got 0-2'd by SmashGod and SmashGod's Little Brother (I believe that's his actual "smash" name)

raaaaape

PB&J

Smash Hero
its official im the beast peach since 2 minues ago..lol..this thread is getting boring..xelic is top 3 peaches might be top 2, but there are so many peaches out there who are really good..even though a few play like mike g..it seems that more and more peach mains are popping out of no where ****** people........

i wish that ***got mike g still played..lol..well i mean still went to tournies because he still plays from time to time..hes just lazy..yeah i said it mike i hope ur reading..lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Random comment from a non-peach player who is bored at work...

Xelic placed 7th in Georgia (eliminating Vidjo), and 5th at FAST.
I think Vidjo might have trouble in Peach dittos. He lost to Wife at Smashtastrophe 2 and as talented and awesome as Wife is, I feel like Vidjo's better.

...But I dunno, after barwl, Vidjo may have lost some of his aura of awesome at Melee.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
If you're using activity and consistency for determining rankings, then Xelic should be above Vidjo. He's been to more bigger tournaments in the past year AND beat him in a head to head. He's also better at the Marth matchup than Vidjo, and just destroyed Dope who Vidjo has had trouble with in the past.
I used consistency and activity for determining the better player between Vidjo and Cort. And being better in one match up or beating one person Vidjo has had trouble with doesn't make him the better player.

I could easily say Vidjo is much better in the Falcon or Sheik or whatever match up. It doesn't matter. Not to mention, like Jfox said, the magnitude of Vidjo's past accomplishments greatly outweigh Xelics achievements. And Vidjo was on fire at Pound 3. He took out Cactuar, he beat Hugs (bracket and crews), ***** Darkrain and almost took out M2K (beating his Sheik in their second round), placing 5th in the end. I don't think Xelic has come close to achieving anything near that magnitude, and this is just a SINGLE tournament (and probably one of the biggest Melee tournaments). In the losers he lost to Cort (who I heard got lucky with death turnips at round 2 and 3 of their set lol. But no johns).

Xelic is still number 3 though IMO.

I think Vidjo might have trouble in Peach dittos. He lost to Wife at Smashtastrophe 2 and as talented and awesome as Wife is, I feel like Vidjo's better.

...But I dunno, after barwl, Vidjo may have lost some of his aura of awesome at Melee.
Vidjo is better than Wife.... MUCH BETTER. I've heard from other notable Peach players that Vidjo does extreamly well vs Peach when he is at the top of his game. Which makes sense to me seeing as how he is somewhat inconsistent (though I am NOT using his lack of consistency to take away from Xelic's or Wife's accomplishment for beating him).

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
alot of players are better than wife.

Wife is extremely good in teams, but he's never been amazing in singles.

my personal rankings for peach players now is something like...

Cort
Vidjo
Xelic
XIF
DoH

Pink Shinobi doesn't travel, so he's unranked.

I think it reflects the placings from Pound 3 and TGMTSBCO and FAST1, which I think have been the biggest in the past year. I forget if doll made top 32 at pound 3, but he doesnt really play anymore... if he did, maybe somewhere around me and DoH.

All time...

Sastopher
KrazyJones
Mike G
Vidjo
Cort
Xelic
Mikey Lenetia
XIF/Wife/Smilez/DoH/Doll

I think it gets iffy around the bottom. I've been in it for the least amount of time but I feel my placings are solid. Wife was a real contender but not since 2006. DoH and Xelic seem to think highly of smilez, and I think Doll has always been a solid player. And I also think Vidjo has been a stronger force for longer than Cort. Anyone disagreeing with sastopher at number 1 is dumb =P

Cia

das kwl
God.. this armada stuff again??

maybe I should start playing people who don't DI dash attack so I can get that same recognition D:

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I'd give Wife more credit than that.

He's placed high in alot of tourneys for his time. Almost beating Ken in one.

darkatma

Smash Hero
LOL XiF ***** me =[

oh ****tt mikey lenetia

Also, wife places very consistently high. He makes a ton of mistakes, but he just plays smart and consistent overall and beats the flashy technicals (like colbol)

Samochan

Smash Master
God.. this armada stuff again??

maybe I should start playing people who don't DI dash attack so I can get that same recognition D:
VanZ is just jealous because he can't take players by suprise like armada does and combo them with dash attacks cause they couldn't react in time to di. :p

But last time I checked, his recognition had little to do with his ability to dash attack people, but more of his ability to consistently place top in tourneys since he was 14-years old. <_< Albeit dash attacking when there's an opening is one of his skills and he favours the use of that move in his moveset, it's not as prominent in his success as you make it out to be.

Cia

das kwl
well I'm not denying that he's a good player, but that mikehaggar guy and like 71252735 other Europeans always come on the peach boards like "armada is the best" and I see that I think "thank god there's no limit to how many people can be on my ignore list."

he isn't even close to being the best peach and if I was jealous, it would be because American's know how sheild Peach's dash attacks and to stay on the plaforms. XD

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
well I'm not denying that he's a good player, but that mikehaggar guy and like 71252735 other Europeans always come on the peach boards like "armada is the best" and I see that I think "thank god there's no limit to how many people can be on my ignore list."

he isn't even close to being the best peach and if I was jealous, it would be because American's know how sheild Peach's dash attacks and to stay on the plaforms. XD
at one point i had several hundred randoms on my ignore list but it was all erased somehow

Top Bottom