• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachus, we invite you.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
To be Smashboards' first official Character Board Alliance (CBA) with the Lucarios. Me and some members of the illustrious Lucario IRC agree on this idea. You see how we research the moves and AT's of our separate characters? Well what if we researched like that for Lucario's and Pikachu's on teams? Think about it, no one really researches doubles in depth, now do they? We invite you to be the first. We'd be able to create guides, test combos, video threads, much like we do alone. And over all, advance the team metagame. As part of this alliance, we invite you to our Lucario IRC as well. We hope to be a beautiful team in the future. Electric Aura would be the name of this alliance. We shall create a topic about this over on the Lucario boards. I will reserve five extra posts in order to accommodate much of the information there, and we will advance Double matches to new heights. Please discuss among yourselves if you wish to partake in this.

Our IRC is located at:

http://www.globalgamers.net

1: Click on "Webchat"

2: Create a nickname

3: The channel is #Lucario

4: Click connect

5: Be sure not to expect a lot of sanity.

I believe the guides should be made by our Milln and your DLW, if they are up to it. We look forward to an alliance with you, and a prosperous one at that. I will create the topic "CBA: Electric Aura" on our boards if you choose to participate in this. Remember: think of yourselves as pioneers for a new age of team Brawls. We hope to see you there.

Thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225130

M15t3R E

Smash Master
So a primary function of this "alliance" will be to research how Pikachu and Lucario can work together on teams? Uh huh... well this alliance is probably up to our board mod at this point. Personally, I don't mind making new friends.

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
I would be glad to help if the Pikachu's are willing. Milln is a pretty cool guy, I had a pretty good Lucario because of him last year. Though I have just recently returned to Brawl from a large break, and, I never once mained Pika in Brawl (he is a secondary for me) just let me know what I can do to help.

Roller

Smash Legend
hmmmm. normally I only do doubles for fun..
i'll think about it.

and ya. I don't think mods would prevent this. but our board doesn't rly have much of a leader..

it's kinda like a combo of Galax, Stealth, ESAM, K Prime, etc.

Although. if Anther gives anything the thumbs up it pretty much goes. lol

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Whoa... if this goes on they might even make a doubles tier list. Wait a sec, that would be awesome! Since pikachu's my second, i think i'll look into it. Plus, I used to main Mew2 in melee and lucario's pretty much his clone ( though they are really diffrent ) so I might even join.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Ah... sorry double, no wait, triple post. How do you delete them?

Roller

Smash Legend
-__-

I would like to take this time to point out the EDIT button on each of your posts. Don't be afraid of it. If you accidentally double post, that is fine. just edit the 2nd one to say double post. NEVER make a THIRD post.
It's ok since you didn't seem to know. just watch for it next time.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Thanks! I'll do that right now. Wait, i don't think I did it right...

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I would be willing to participate. I don't use Pikachu for doubles, really, but I'd like to help with the research.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I guess im also willing to participate now. But it would be kinda hard to discuss AT's since both players would need to know how to do it and when to do it, plus what At to do, but then on the other hand you won't just be teaming up with random people so I guess it would work.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Dude..... My friend and I may be the best ppl to contribute.... ZeroGamer and I (Legendary Pikachu) go to the Power Ranking tournaments in the North Carolina region, and we've been discussing teams. Doubles are somewhat commonplace here. We'll let you guys in on what stuff we do and come up with.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223761

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK, now not a fledgeling smashboardser

Edit:

Here some help:

1. Projectiles: T-jolts diagaonally down in air and aurasphere barrage on ground and vice versa
1a. Lucario's f-smash will cancel/override t-jolt if timed right. Imagine a rollspamming lucario being able to free f-smash while the opponent is riddled with t-jolt spam.
1b. Pikachu's QaC (if spaced right) will cancel with aurasphere and have little lag (less than landing from a QaC!) which means near-instant pikachu f-smashes, d-smashes, and u-smashes from QaC and aurasphere spam!
1c. Pikachu's thunder can be "Matrixed" with auraspheres of certain sizes (Pikachu AT fanatics should know what this is :p. I know its very situational.... but its a neat surprise... lol).
1d. Edge-guarding with projectiles would be an opponent's nightmare (on par with pika/wolf, pika/pit, pika/ROB projectile spam).
1e. Lucario's ground aurasphere game/control is unparalleled while pikachu's QaC and t-jolt aerial game/spacing is near-unlimited. Cross-fire opponents until they cry.
1f. Full aurasphere & spaced t-jolt will cancel/override a MK tornado!!!!

2. Moves of choice (thunder/Elec-****-spin & f-smash/d-air/aurasphere):
2a. Thunder to clear vertical victims... FC aurasphere to kill horizontal ones
2b. Pika d-smash will either send opponents up to their doom (thunder) or if they DI really good totally sidesways a lil bit.... this time tho... a lucario is waiting on one of the sides with a nice surprise.... hehehe... XD.
2c. Pika d-smash can swing a newb opponent side to side (no DI). However, an aurasphere shot at the whirlpool has a 50-60% chance of hitting just the whirling opponent... (TEAM COMBO?!).
2d. Lucario's f-smash has great range and little openings... less if the pikachu can QaC across behind the opponent as the lucario is f-smashing and commence spamming.
2e. Lucario's d-air kills and gimps like there's no tomorrow... Add thunder-wall-and QaC/aerials to that and the oppononts won't have a tomorrow :D.
2f. I have a problem of trapping both my opponent and my teammate in my d-smash. They both go up and I must thunder (b/c i am pika and compulsive now and i have to do thunder if ANYthing goes straight up... lol... its a habit), Lucario can actually Double Team out of it if he's lowdamage and high enough (the opponent however is most likely gonna die... airdodges don't really outlast thunder).

That's all for tonight at least... hopes this helps. One thing tho we experienced. Lucario's rolling and pikachu's d-smash do not mix well... both are good... both are AMAZING actually... rarely effective at the same time tho. You lucario's and the 'chu have to work that out on ya'll own, lol.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Hmm... Lucario and Pikachu called Electric Aura. That's a pretty good team name. My friend and I had/have a Marth and Pikachu team called Tipper-Jolt. I've never tried Lucario/Pika. It always bothers me though when both members of a team are lightweight. I could see it working. What are the main strategies behind this teamup?

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Whoa, I wasn't expecting this. Good idea, though. I've always thought doubles fell a bit on the wayside and weren't researched HALF as much as single matchups. Being a long time Lucario main, and a new pika second, I'll help if possible.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I've always found Pikachu to be great in teams. When you're in teams, you basically divide the stage in half for two singles matches. This gives Pikachu a good advantage because he's such a close range fighter. I've always had trouble with Olimar, but in teams, he can't spam Pikmin from across the stage because his partner is over there fighting.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Whoa, I wasn't expecting this. Good idea, though. I've always thought doubles fell a bit on the wayside and weren't researched HALF as much as single matchups. Being a long time Lucario main, and a new pika second, I'll help if possible.

They arn't researched even a tenth as much. I think this is the first legitimate doubles thread on here. And there's only been like one poest that actually has been talking about AT's and stuff like that.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ive always had the double main pikachu and lucario, and me and k prime once teamed up for a tourney with me as lucario and him as pikachu, and our name was shock aura. i would be willing to help out both sides.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Can this be stickied for Pikachu's new and old to see?
I don't think this is sticky-worthy.... plus if we sticky this, that'll be nine stickies plus the guide, lol.

But that's just me. I hate seeing too many stickies on a board. x.x

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Yeah, the thing is I'd just wanted it so if a new Pika comes in in a year or so, they'd know about this. And what, new competitive advancement isn't sticky-worthy? :p

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
If alliances become bigger in time maybe it'll be stickied but so far as for newcomers, some just play singles, some who play double may not even care for lucario partners. More feedback and time is needed before we can reach a verdict.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I think its a great idea. Let's rule the doubles scene! While we're at it, we could evaluate the success that double Pika and double Lucario teams would have against various enemy teams. :)

Gea

Smash Master
Not to put a damper on everything, but GW + Pika works much, much better. DK + Pika work well too.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hey, the point is to form the alliance and start researching the matchups. But yes, I know that GW + projectile user = extremely broken.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
If we focus on alliances, then yea... the determining things would the be sole benefits of the lucario + pika as opposed to Lucas or G&W with pika.

Both have amazing vertical kill options and can abuse their healing and instant KO. I guess the thing that really puts lucario's with pika at advantage is attrition with their projectiles and field control.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Well, then, you guys wanna pair w/ the G&Ws?

There are much more people who can do well with him.

If we shot 3 Onecario Aura Spheres into the bucket....

Whoa.

Whatever, I'm not stoppin ya.

I can get rid of the topic.

:lucario:

Gea

Smash Master
My point was Pika has better partners. Yes GW has many partners he does well with, but Lucario/Pika don't really have that much that makes them amazing together. I think this idea was thrown together because they are both pokemanz rather than who would work well with Pika.

I have heard Wario works rather well with Pika, but once again Wario is a really good character in doubles (just like GW). Personally, despite what the Pika boards may think, Pika needs someone with a *solid* killer to be the most effective at doubles.

I love DK in doubles in general though. He works so well with other characters in setting up for kills. A grab for him and he can cargo the person where you want him to, or dthrow always gives results low to the ground. Great for thunder/smash set ups. Also your utilt -> his uair -> thunder and your fthrow -> his smashes. He can pressure shields well in teams and people tend to ignore the smaller target to go for DK, letting Pika (get this) stocktank and run around pretty free. Also you can help him not be gimped with jolts/ QA. Just a thought.

And another personal opinion, but Lucario tends to have a tougher time in teams than singles, as KOs tend to happen more quickly and holding your aura / abusing spacing is going to be much, much more difficult against teams like GW/Meta, which are fairly common.

And as much of a wall your projectiles make, it is still very, very easy to approach through an aurasphere in the air and a jolt on the ground. Run -> powershield -> keep on going. Or you know, have a GW bucket both and let you **** yourself as a meta nados past him.

Why even make the alliance? Few players will really care. Instead make a doubles thread and invite other boards to put their input on how well your characters works with theirs.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Come on, its not every day we get the chance for a jump on the competition! Let's research the matchups, and dominate the doubles scene!

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Few players will care? Lol. I posted a topic about CBA's in the Tactical Brawl Discussion. It has six pages and was made last night. If only you Pika's would post in the topic... you guys seem to have forgotten about it... except for our IRC, which some of you visit nowadays. The link is in the first post. Why not join the discussion?

Gea

Smash Master
Few players will care? Lol. I posted a topic about CBA's in the Tactical Brawl Discussion. It has six pages and was made last night. If only you Pika's would post in the topic... you guys seem to have forgotten about it... except for our IRC, which some of you visit nowadays. The link is in the first post. Why not join the discussion?

Think what you want, 09er. I was merely giving you a suggestion that might actually lead to successful discussion and successful doubles. Since when did any of the "lol fanclub" topics ever give good advice? Oh right, the discussion topics do.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I respect your opinion. However, I believe that this will work out. It is optionally rotational by three month periods.

Like if they're on the verge of discovering something, I'll grant them some more time, however much they think is necessary if they don't want to stay together permanently, but need a bit more time.

Rotational and brilliant. Thank you for your opinion esteemed 05er.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
seriously enough with this 09'er business. that is such bull****, just cause someone joined in 08-09 doesnt mean they know nothing. also this was not to determine the best team, this was just discussing specific strategys for a certain team regardless of how well they go together. lemme tell you why lucario is actually good- pikachu gets combod a lot in teams, and he is killed easily in teams. if pikachu has a good stock tank he does incredibly well. lucario is VERY good at that. also when lucario gets that high becomes a powerful killer, with a multitude of kill moves. granted it isnt the best team setup but it still works surprisingly well.

Top Bottom