• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
PK starstorm arent their moves either im pretty sure. i know a lot of moves they have are borrowed from other character from the Mother series but im not that familiar with Mother to really go into much detail about it.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I think Pikachu is a great character that has a moveset which is according to the Pokémon games (as well as the anime).

One change they could do is switching one of his current smash attacks with Iron Tail. The reason I can't decide wich one of his smash attacks that should be substituted is because I think they're all really good...
I talked about having one of his moves being iron tail earlier in the thread. Way ahead of ya! ;)
If it is in, then it MUST use the design from the anime, since it is the best looking move in the anime and I will fight anyone who says other-wise! (Inb4 someone saying otherwise).

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
People have been suggesting Iron Tail as a move since before Brawl. I hope Pika gets it this time!

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Jigglover, didn't know you had mentioned Iron Tail earlier ;)

I don't know if it's the best looking move in the anime... I think Fire Blast (Blaine, Magmar episode season 1) is pretty cool and of course Charizard's Seismic Toss! :D

jigglover

Smash Lord
I thought it was a toss-up between iron tail and water pulse! (Seriously, it looks awesome) Seismic toss, shmeishmic shtoss. (I didn't think it looked that good.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do recall that in Melee, Pikachu had an unused voice clip, which seemed like it would be used with Skull Bash. Of course, based on what the voice clip sounded like, it would be for if Skull Bash misfired, which never happened in the final game.

The same dilemma also applies to Pichu.

Captain L

Smash Champion
less cooldown on uthrow so that uthrow thunder is actually a thing

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Uthrow to thunder is already a thing. You just have to believe it works and it will work.

Qlaw

Smash Cadet
change skull bash to iron tail. make it the same but after the charge he/she does a somersault with their tail(think sideways uair). spike potential too?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
It should do extra shield damage too since iron tail does lower defense in the games.

Qlaw

Smash Cadet
that would be unique. and make mind games wild/ also, in melee, does his dsmash spike? or is that just bad di form opponents?

actually, if there was less landing lag on skull bash it would open up the game too, to be fair

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Melee Pikachu dsmash does the same thing as brawl. Sends are wacky angles for all but the last hit which sends upwards. You really see them in cruel melee where Pikachu spams dsmash and gets dem wacky angles that you get when you SDI out of brawl pikachu's dsmash

AZuo

Smash Rookie
how would discharge be better than volt tackle? volt tackle should be his final smash and either thunder or skull bash should be replaced with discharge. probably pikachu's thunderbolt should be replaced as electroball.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Melee Pikachu dsmash does the same thing as brawl. Sends are wacky angles for all but the last hit which sends upwards. You really see them in cruel melee where Pikachu spams dsmash and gets dem wacky angles that you get when you SDI out of brawl pikachu's dsmash
But in Melee, it's much harder to SDI the dsmash (albeit still possible). It's more probable to send you up, although that "spike" still is possible.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
how would discharge be better than volt tackle? volt tackle should be his final smash and either thunder or skull bash should be replaced with discharge. probably pikachu's thunderbolt should be replaced as electroball.
Volt tackle was a bad final smash anyways(in terms of looks and move). They serious just rolled him into an electric ball and was nothing like what people would expect it to look like. To be honest if you put electric effects on Skull Bash it would look better than the final smash did. Volt tackle would be an easy replacement for skull bash as it'd basically be the same move with a few changes and fits his character better while still appealing to those who like that move.

Why would you replace thunder with discharge when thunder is his best move? That wouldn't do anything but tick everyone off. Just no...

The only one I could see is thunderjolt being replaced by electroball but I don't see it being as unique as a move that travels on surfaces. People usually don't like it when the core moves of a character change especially when the moves were already good.

Qlaw

Smash Cadet
what if thunderjolt sometimes caused the opponent to trip or seem "paralyzed" , like how at percentages icies can freeze people.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I always thought of that idea to. But how about Thunderjolt being a semi-chargeable move? Charge it up a few seconds (3 max or so) and the move gains a little travel speed, knockback, and damage. I'm also for the idea of having the Skull Bash replaced, and maybe give Pika a 3rd jump on his Quick Attack to give him a boost in recovery (cause the Skull Bash is basically used for recovery only). Quick Attack also could work a bit more like the actual Quick Attack, where Pika would be able to do a little bit of damage but loses his 3rd jump when pressing A. Thunder is a great move though and should never be replaced.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah but this is adding a 3rd jump to a 2-jump 3rd jump, while the Samus buff is a 2nd jump to a 1-jump 3rd jump, you see? ;)

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Pikachu's QA is already broken enough with two jumps. He never really needed skull bash to help him recover.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But what if he'd get lighter and smaller? Like Pichu-size compared to the other cast. I'm for a little more difference between weight classes, and I feel Pika, Kirby and Olimar should all at least be about Pichu's size, and weight. If Pikachu would be lighter and lose his Side B for recovery he could still survive about as long as before if he'd have that 3rd jump. Just throwing out ideas.

I want his 64 Forward Smash and Forward Air back btw.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You'd still miss Skull Bash, just for diversity sake. Check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2uiVT2hJpw , the Pika player uses it a few times for good reasons and for mind games. With 3 jumps and a better usable Side B for offensive options and a chargeable B I feel Pika would advance a lot better on his current play if he where to get lighter and smaller, which I hope. But I feel Pika is pretty solid overall, so changes are not really needed. Brawl Pikachu is awesome, couldn't stand Melee Pikachu honestly while it was my main in 64, sort of.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Why would you want him lighter and smaller? He's already one of the lightest characters in the game and he's small enough to where some attacks actually go over him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dunno just suits the character better I feel.

Qlaw

Smash Cadet
so, make him lighter and smaller and the trade off is... he gets a new move that MIGHT make up for it? If you make him smaller, then make him quicker, even less lag that is. Your idea of "balancing" seems to be off.

Truth is, pika's moves probly aren't going to change(much). The result of the moves, and the quickness of them are MUCH more likely.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
'Just' making him smaller and lighter seems as a nerf to me, and I never said I wanted to nerf Pikachu. Just get more in tune with the character, and I feel being lighter and smaller would work. And yes, he could be quicker to compensate, easily. Just hope he'll have moves as 64 F Smash, 64 F Air, Brawl D Smash and the like to make up for less range.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
He's not small enough. Pikachu stands on Ash's head. His standing height should not reach all the way to Snake's waist. :p
In Smash the characters are supposed to be action figures (or trophies) and not the characters themselves.

Top Bottom